Hello guys,i have a strange problem on my oil cooled 3 cylinder duetz,its overheating while idling,i already went passed all the normal diagnosis like thermostat,check cooler inside and outside,what im finding now is of i remove the two oil pipes leading to the oil cooler from the engine and crank it,there is oil pressure on both sides of the oil pipes on the engine..can this be normal? One is a supply leading from the thermostat and then back to the engine from the cooler..any ideas will help alot
Head gasket or excessive blowby pressuring sump maybe. Would also explain over heating.
Head gasket replaced Blow by is minimum
Oil pressure control valves? Plugs just below the oil filter (like in your photo). Might be a worn out spring. Just a WAG since it's been a while since I've dug into the old Deutz engines. Shoot me a PM with an email and I should have some manuals I can send over.
All I can see is that 1 loose red wire lying there. It’s sending my ocd up the turnpike.
To close out the thread; I got an email on Thurs from the OP: