Hi everyone. So our Bobcat 863 turbo blew up the other day. Spun a rod bearing on th crank after over heating. My problem is that I can't figure out where the oil went. The motor ate over 2 gallons over oil after I filled it up to get it back to my shop. I just want to pick someone's ear about common problems with the Duetz Motor in the bobcat. Turbo seems good and so does the head gasket. Any other issues with this motor eating oil? Thanks everyone Any help is appreciated
I have an engine out there running, customer does not want to pull it apart right now, with some damage to one cylinder visible through the intake valve. Other than a relatively light knock, it is running great, not smoking, etc. but it sure eats a lot of oil. I hope he does not let it run down and cook something else before it gets fixed.