Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dugandan

Dugandan · 2019-07-08 06:30

I have a Fiat Allis 10-C, 1980 model, which I purchased in November 2017. It needs a bit of TLC so when time permits I'm working on that. I'm not a mechanic so have just plodded along, doing what I can and getting help where I need it. Progress is happening, slowly. I have all the manuals so that helps. The machine was made in Turin Italy, came to me via Fog Creek Station in the Gulf Country of North Queensland. I worked in the construction industry for 35 years, on some fairly big resource and civil engineering jobs in Queensland and the Northern Territory. I was a construction surveyor originally, and served a few different roles before spending the last 10 years in estimating. Nowadays I am spending family time, with wife and 2 school aged children, along with my hobbies, cattle and horses, and of course my Fiat Allis. Present priority is refurbishing a doghouse for the latest family addition, Scomo the 4 month old Kelpie. Here is the 10-C I did have two stints of dozer operating during my working life, at Ward River exploration camp at Weipa, Far North Queensland, and at the Copabella to Bollingbroke railway duplication project, Nebo Central Queensland. At the former I made washboards out of perfectly good drill lines, and at the latter bogged a new D6. Total operating hours less than 10. I am hopeful of improving on my record.

Replies10
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-07-08 07:15

    Welcome. Looks like you might have an awful lot to share with us.

  2. #2Vetech632019-07-08 07:19

    Those were really strong machines in their day. I wonder what parts availability is like on that now?

  3. #3Dugandan2019-07-08 07:57

    Hello Funwithfuel, Thanks for the welcome. Hello Vetech63, All the parts that I have needed so far (throttle friction disc, gauges, engine monitoring sender units, gear control linkage, undercarriage parts eg rollers, chain and track pads) have been available without trouble, touch wood.

  4. #4DB22019-07-08 09:20

    Welcome

  5. #5Tones2019-07-08 16:09

    Welcome to HEF. Would happen to be from around the Boonah area?

  6. #6Dugandan2019-07-08 18:43

    Tones and DB2, Thanks, and yes Tones you are on the money, I live just outside Boonah. Going through a dry spell here. Where is Ubique? Sounds like a property name.

  7. #7Tones2019-07-08 20:46

    Ubique is my army motto means Everywhere. Home is Esk in the Brisbane Valley. I've had plenty of funny nights at the Dugandan and walked out wearing the wobbly boot when I was working in that area.

  8. #8Queenslander2019-07-09 04:59

    G’Day and welcome Dugandan, from a fellow Qlder. We have a 14C and, like you, we are fortunate to have two parts suppliers for our tractors just down the road. I shake my head in disbelief when our friends in the US are scrapping perfectly good tractors from lack of parts.

  9. #9mg23612019-07-10 06:13

    Welcome to HEF Dugandan !

  10. #10Dugandan2019-07-11 06:06

    Thanks for your welcome messages Queenslander and mg2361.