Howdy all. I bought a Deere 310SG a couple months ago to, among other things, assist in clearing several acres of youpon scrub and opportunistic slash pines from my, hopefully someday, farm. The machine has about 2700 hrs and the PO’s mx was a bit haphazard. The basics, fluids/filters and grease were kept up with, but having been stored near the beach it has some ugly salt corrosion on the ROPS. I’m currently working through that and some spewing cylinders. I’m 55 and spent 26 years in the USAF. I was trained on acft electronics, but I spent the last ~15 of those years in what’d be termed management roles on everything from test & development to component repairs to flight line mx operations. I had big plans to be a software engineer when I retired, but that was in ‘08 and the job market at the time was in the toilet. I was stressing about being unemployed for the first time in my life when God opened a door and I wound up back at work for the ** doing pretty much the same things I was doing before. Been married 33 years and have 2 sons. One is a tech at a Porsche dealership and the other works IT support for the FAA.
Sorta late welcome from me Tim ! But. Welcome to HEF ! Looks like you have had an interesting life.
Better late than never welcome aboard.Better late than never welcome aboard Oh and by the way thanks for your service
Welcome Tim, guessing from you background and the skills of your sons you should be good to go with that machine. Post a couple pictures for this machine, maybe get kid to park a Porsche next to it for some eye candy!
Ha. I’m guessin’ the clientele wouldn’t appreciate a 6 hr check ride for a photo op.
Here’s the only pics I have handy. Stuff done to date: 1. Repack crowd cylinder 2. Replace accy relay 3. Replace monitor panel 4. Repair ECM power wire at fuse pnl 5. Tear down & rebuild/paint seat 6. Replace aux pump solenoid 7. Replace filters/fluids 8. Arrest immediate corrosion. I’ll have to weld in a few repairs on the ROPS floor eventually. To do: 1. Repack swing and 1 stab cyl 2. Fix boom lock mechanism 3. Finish the ROPS corrosion work 4. Split curl function 5. Weld up a seam split in an 8” bucket I picked up for rooting trees 6. Assess a couple of zerks on the loader that won’t take grease 7. Fix the batt hold down 8 Add a batt disconnect. 9. Tshoot a flaky fuel sender circuit 10. Fix all the lights. That ought to keep me busy in between remodeling a cabin, taking care of my bees, and all the clearing I bought this machine to do.