Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dump bed liners

Therapydoc · 2019-03-31 22:58

Putting a new to me dump bed on my truck. Has some washboarding going on but still seems solid. No rusted through holes. Will be hauling 2” and some 5” rip rap mostly. Considering options to protect the floor from further damage. All cross members seems to be in decent shape and not bent. Anyone tried old rubber conveyor belts? Or should I have them drop in some 2” prior to rip rap or line the bed with 2x10s. I won’t be hauling more than maybe 10 loads worth so not planning to redo the floor or weld a plate on top. Give me your thoughts and opinions including if I should just not worry about and haul rock!

Replies3
  1. #1RZucker2019-03-31 23:47

    10 loads... Make friends with the loader guy.

  2. #2crane operator2019-04-01 19:41

    What Rzucker says. With just some washboarding you'll be fine. Haul rock.

  3. #3Jonas3022019-04-02 22:54

    depending on the specs of the job lay in sand or like you said smaller rock first if you can load with a hoe it really helps