Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dump hoist kit recommendations?

Kyle Hancock ยท 2018-02-09 20:07

Hi there can anyone out there help me find a good hoist kit for a heavy dump trailer? I have a older tilt deck tag with air bakes that I want to convert to a dump. It looks like an econoline, and looks to be maybe 25 ton compacity. Anyways who makes the best hoist for your buck in the electric/Hyd dump trailer style sissor style hoist? Thanks, Kyle...

Replies3
  1. #1cw4Bray2018-02-11 13:49

    I Googled hoist kit and found a boat load of them. Wish it was a factory option on new pickups, for me it would be a deciding factor between Chevy, Ford and Dodge. Kyle, have you looked at conveyor belt kits instead of tilting the whole box ? Most grain elevators don't tilt the whole semi-truck maybe because most everyone has hopper bottom trailers and a few guys have conveyor unloaders I'm not sure if they use a wet kit to drive them. https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Hoist-Trailer-Scissor-Complete/dp/B01DIIQ0HM http://www.splitez.com/dump_hoist_kits_pickup_truck.html https://www.harborfreight.com/truck-bed-cargo-unloader-60800.html

  2. #2cw4Bray2018-02-11 15:31

    https://www.bigtrucksalvage.com/ Here's another idea...

  3. #3Hydraulic Cylinders Inc2018-02-21 10:33

    Scissor style lift will not work for a 25 ton load. Usually this style lift is good for 3- 12 Tons. I would suggest putting a wet kit on it with a cylinder on it. You can take a look at the attached link https://www.hyva.com/Hyva/UserFilesStore/File/00000151^Wet_kit_folder.pdf