Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dump pump pressure relief valve.

workshoprat92 ยท 2020-06-07 18:34

Hey do any of you guys know if a dump truck dump pump has tbe pressure relief valve between the cylinder and valve or between the valve and pump? I had to change my hose to my dump cylinder. At the same time i had to change all the oil. It worked good for a while and now the box bleeds down in nuetral. I am thinking i have a piece of trash in the relief valve. Would that cause the box to bleed down? I can see where it would if it was between the cylinder and the valve.

Replies2
  1. #1mekanik2020-06-09 08:30

    The relief valve is usually located in the pump but it is very possible that you could valve a r4mote located relief valve. It sounds like the relief valve is not sealing. You may not be able to take it apart to clean it. Can you post pictures of your pump and the relief valve?

  2. #2DMiller2020-06-09 08:57

    Last two I worked on relief was built in pump, any labels on the assembly? Does this also have a bed raise limit control on it(Spool on a cable)? have seen a few of those get trashed up and not return to closed.