Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dump Trailer

Deon ยท 2017-02-05 19:26

OK Andy 01. Trailer is not near my home at the time so I can't give you accurate numbers but I post more photos an the basic idea. I used a 22.5" semi trailer axle that I cut off of the cross pipe to get the same wheel width as my backhoe. Each backhoe will need a slightly different tongue setup to best fit the backhoe swing setup. The box is about 12' long with 3/16 plate steel floor and sides. By looking at my photos you should be able to come up with dimensions that will work for your hoe. Unfortunately you'll get so see my hoe before the paint job. lol.

Replies6
  1. #1CM19952017-02-05 19:44

    That's pretty darn neat! I assume you dump it with the backhoe?

  2. #2Deon2017-02-05 19:46

    Something went wrong with my photo postings. Let me try again. As you see, with the trailer dumped I can backup on it and get it to tip up to 90 deg. so nothing stays in it.

  3. #3Deon2017-02-05 20:09

    Yes, I have a hook on the left front corner of the box. I slide the bucket against a pin to unlatch the dump function and then just lift up on the corner and over it goes. To attach the trailer to the tractor, I grab on to the same hook but without slinding the pin over. That way the tongue lifts with the box and I just pull it into place and get off the tractor to attach the pin. That is the only time I need to get down. All loading and dumping happens from the seat.

  4. #4clintm2017-02-05 20:30

    Deon i see you are from Nova Scotia do you know anything about the scully mine a just bought a mechanics truck from there

  5. #5Deon2017-02-05 20:41

    The only Scully Mine I can find is in Labrador. Not in Nova Scotia. I know where it is but have never been there. How are you getting the truck to NC?

  6. #6clintm2017-02-06 07:39

    picked it up from rb auction had a transporter bring it to me. I think the mine is closed down