I seen a thread about non-explosive rock breaking and thought rather than hijack that thread I would start a new one so here it goes...... One of my dumptrucks has an obscene amount of concrete buildup around the "doghouse" where the cyl is (prolly 2 ton), and although I have a breaker for an excavator I would rather frac it out of there. we have bought the truck this way so please no "should have washed it out crap lol" I have no use for a $20k rock breaking machine, I am looking for non-explosive alternitave to get it broken up and outta my truck......any ideas? Pj
Try the splitter... go to your local rental yard... ask for a demonstration... take the dump truck of course.... That or hire one of those truck drivers that bang the tailgate 50 times every time they dump...
Rent an electric jackhammer. If you find a smart, motivated laborer you'll be suprised how fast he can take care of that.
You could always try this...... Mythbusters "clean" a cement truck... YouTube - Mythbusters - Exploding Cement Truck
Bravo Barn; That was actually what I thought of first; But PJ may want to find the truck after it's cleaned.
lol, yeah it much of an old truck but it's a little more profitable if i can find the truck. I've called the one and only rental yard in Clinton and they didnt have an electric hammer if you can believe that lol. Pj
cement truck, cement truck:Banghead:Banghead Cement +aggregate+sand+add mixtures+water=concrete
No matter what you call it- when it's at all cured it's about impossible to clean up! That stuff sticks worse than clay outta the clam flats!
Why not an air compressor and a 35 lb. chipping hammer? (And even if you bought it that way, I still want to hear the backstory on how anybody let two tons of concrete set up in a dumptruck.) :cool2
its the wrong time of year, but a hilti drill, some water and a cold night and it taken care of. Or put a 12 pound sledge & a cooler full of beer in the cab. Drive to the county fair. 20 pounds of concrete out earns you a beer. Whoever gets the last piece out gets the cooler... Look at that, no more concrete.
SJ83- you may have meant that as a joke but here in Maine if you take that beer & cooler & truck to any county fair and set up a sign- you'd have a line out the back gate in no time. You could probably even charge so much a chance and make money on the deal.
My guess is a road paving project and a company driver that didn't care. Did I win?
lol, lots a great post.....im gonna try the beer/sledge thing the truck was used to haul wetbatch around a construction site, there was 5 of them all identicle and i bought 2 of em Pj
I saw something on TV about this. There was a contractor repaving an airport runway and he only had the night hours to work in. He would rip up and relay the concrete and used dump trucks instead of mixers to move the wet concrete as he said the mixers were too slow.
yes they do it all the time like that, to build cement roads...
How do those cement roads hold up without aggregate and sand? lol
I works very well for cement ponds... I watch the Beverly Hillbillies for years and that cement pond seemed to hold up very well over the years.
Busting cement off of dump body Is there any way to get a porta power in behind the dump cylinder? If you can put outward pressure on the two sides of the hump from the inside, that might break it loose. Since the concrete has no rebar in it (hopefully no fiber) it has less strength in tension. John
www.liquidhammer.com might work....
you knew what i meant.... ointhead