Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dump trucks wanted

Willis Bushogin ยท 2010-02-12 15:21

I was just told that there is lots of work in Baltimore and surrounding area. Dump trucks $85 hr, 24 hr a day backhoe $100 hr, 24 hr a day a person could make a bunch of money, doing snow removal. At least there is something going on somewhere. A few guys from my area have left to go to that area

Replies8
  1. #1Red Bank2010-02-12 21:29

    Willis, do you have a contact person and telephone number, if so could you pm me with the info, thanks

  2. #2Aliate2010-02-18 09:18

    Could you pm me that info as well, if its still going on?

  3. #3Willis Bushogin2010-02-18 11:56

    snow removal Unless they get some more snow, the job will be over this weekend

  4. #4diggerdone2010-02-18 23:01

    I have just registered on this site and unable to post new thread just yet. Hope you don't mind ime jumping in to ask a question. My 1984 Ford LTL 9000 Dump Truck VIN is not legible on the door jam. Me nor the Tag Office can put our finger on where else it could be located on this vehicle. Any ideas please? Appreciate it.

  5. #5Greg2010-02-20 07:57

    This is the same kind of mess as Katrina was in New Orleans. Got called here about going there. People that called didn't know much. Were wanting my neighbor with his end loader and blower and my Oshkosh. Watch out, you probably won't ever get paid.

  6. #62109 Stang2010-02-20 16:07

    I'm wirh you Greg.

  7. #7amscontr2010-02-21 13:47

    After looking at some of the ads and the rates on Craigslist,????? I dunno......a bobcat operator paying 110 bucks for a 12 hour shift? 9 bucks an hour. Dump trucks 60 per hour???. Just think of your expenses, lodging, meals, fuel, travel time, etc. Then if you're working for the government aren't they supposed to pay prevailing wages? It sounds like some fat cat brokers are in the mix somewhere. If you go good luck to ya!

  8. #8Willis Bushogin2010-02-21 18:22

    Snow My friend just got back from Balitimore, the job is over for now. I think he said he grossed $65,000, I also hope he gets paid