Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dumptruck

dumptruck ยท 2004-07-20 12:20

Im 14, I like heavy equipment. I also like trains and model car building .

Replies5
  1. #1digger242j2004-07-20 20:45

    Welcome! When I was 14 so did I ! (I actually still do, there's just not time to really enjoy it anymore. And look where I ended up--some days I wish I'd liked brain surgery or tort law better.) And remember, watch us old guys and the stupid mistakes we make and learn the way *not* to do some things....

  2. #2Steve Frazier2004-07-20 21:08

    When I was your age, I used to follow the Town Highway crew around on my bike and watch the grader and loader work. Wasn't much else in the way of construction here then. I also used to watch the tractor trailers go down the highway at my grandmother's house in Pa., we didn't see many trucks here either. That led to a 20+ year career as a truck driver in both construction and freight. I got to run machines at the construction job too, at that time, I would have paid them to do it! I also built model cars and trucks, I spent many hours making them as realistic as possible. I even won a contest with one. Unfortunately the real world took over my life and I have no time for that anymore, but I've got about 30 unbuilt kits waiting for me when I retire!

  3. #3dumptruck2004-07-21 08:36

    My uncle let me drive a tractor that he borowed from one of his friends that had a hydraulick loader on it. Needles to say I drive it just about every time I go over to his house. I hope that MA. changes the age to get the CDL back to 18 instead of 21 like its now so as soon as I get at of H.S. I can get it. Steve are you pelican on plowsite?

  4. #4willd8r2009-05-19 21:59

    Hi all Another new member from down below currently living in Northern NSW operating a D3G which is a big change from 10000 hrs on a D8R but I am enjoying it

  5. #558fordcustom2009-08-09 23:19

    yea im 13 and im deep into old equipment and cars im restoring a car and help putting a dozer back digging with my dad