Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Welcome!!!

Steve Frazier · 2004-05-06 23:32

We're glad you've found us! Take a few minutes to let us know what your position and experiences are in the heavy equipment industry, and what interests/hobbies you enjoy. Since I was late in coming up with this forum, existing members are welcome to post as well. Please put your username in the "Subject Line". Thanks, and enjoy your stay!

Replies1,220
  1. #1450d lc2007-01-27 21:31

    450d lc First of I'm new at This computer stuff, so please have patience. I've been running excavator for only 5 years, before that i ran loader for about 6 years so you can see I'm still relatively green compared to most of you. I work in commercial site work and road building in new england. I pretty much stay away from residential work as people are generally a pain in the you know what up here. As far as hobbies I guess my job is my hobby.

  2. #2Countryboy2007-01-28 19:13

    Welcome to HEF 450d lc! :thumbsup 5 years on a hoe and 6 years on a loader, I would hesitate to call that green :wink2 . You gain alot of expierence in 11 years. Feel free to share. :yup

  3. #3southerndigger2007-10-17 21:34

    Name is Nick owner of Grading co. in red clay Ga. Been in business for 10years . equipment we use daily cat 953 bobcat t250 for mostly house pads every once in while we do landscaping just what ever brings the money.

  4. #4Countryboy2007-10-17 21:50

    Welcome to HEF southerndigger! :drinkup You ever come to Jones County?

  5. #5southerndigger2007-10-19 20:02

    can't say for sure if i have or not but we do work all over. what direction is Jones county.

  6. #6nmmountainman2007-11-23 22:22

    nmmountainman I am a new landowner. Over the last 3 years I have purchased 120 ajacent acres, all located 6 miles in the carson national forest in the mountains. My dream. I have absolutely no heavy equipment experience. I have an interest in hunting and improving my land. I also want to run a road thru my property to have more and easier access to it. I intend on buying a dozer before too long and need to learn as much as I can before purchasing one. I think I have found the right site. Fred

  7. #7RollOver Pete2007-11-23 22:26

    Welcome to HEF nmmountainman :drinkup

  8. #8ernie2007-11-24 00:51

    ernie My name is Ernie. I was raised on a small ranch and have been working with farm and heavy equipment for about 40 of my 55 years. Nothing big. Two of my sons and I own an excavating business. Mostly residential pads, septic systems, driveways, rock walls. A few years back we used to do some high tensile deer and cattle fencing (drilled and drove wood posts using a JCB hoe with a custom made frame for a rock breaker & drill motor). We currently use a 312 Cat, 420E Cat, and a 212SU JCB. We're small so a lot what we need or use in the way of attachments we make or modify ourselves. I'm sure you guys do much of the same. We have found for us that not owning any trucks-not even transports- has been very economical for the past several years. I appreciate finding a rich site like this one with a lot of experience that you guys have in mechanicing. We can't afford hiring dealers or mobile mechanics very often-costs several hundred dollars just to get them here! Looking forward to asking for insight and maybe we can share what little we've found over the years.

  9. #9Steve Frazier2007-11-24 03:04

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Ernie!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us!

  10. #10sparky2007-11-24 08:53

    sparky Hi, I work for a paving company, I've been with this one for 18 yrs it's been a good place to work. Found this site by doing a search for a problem I was having with my Bobcat, happy to find it as it covers alot of different subjects. My biggest hobbie is snowmobiling, and I can hardly wait to unload the lowbed for the last time of the season so that I can hit the trails.:woohoo

  11. #11RollOver Pete2007-11-24 13:14

    Welcome to HEF sparky :drinkup

  12. #12North Texan2007-11-25 23:09

    North Texan Howdy! I won't start my own thread, because I'm just a weekend warrior/shade tree mechanic. My family farms and ranches in North Texas. I've got an off-farm job, but still return most weekends to help out. This site looks like a wealth of info for the weekend warrior, so don't mind me, I'm just here to take advantage of you.:drinkup

  13. #13Steve Frazier2007-11-25 23:17

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us!

  14. #14cat 3852007-12-07 14:15

    hi all! my name is shawn i have been a operator for 23 years i run all types of equipment,mostly excavators,i work for a nation wide heavy highway and civil contractor. just thought i drop a hello and check out the site.

  15. #15Countryboy2007-12-09 18:10

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums cat 385! :drinkup

  16. #16celticcrusader2007-12-11 17:50

    hi my name is Ed i've been in the heavy equip./truck field too long [over 30 yrs.] and still love it!!! not much i havn't run or fixed , best mach.i liked Northwest 180D in cable shovel form, i didn't like D-8 doser on rock [in quarry use] Rite now i have my own repair shop and mobile repair been doing this about 20 yrs. did some sandblasting in between [ very dirty work]but i still like repairs . when i'm not repairing i have many diverse hobbys [ not NASCAR]Remember dirt is for racing, Asphalt is for getting to the track!!!!

  17. #17okumaguru2007-12-18 22:10

    Okumaguru I'm afraid I don't actually work in this field. I am a Mold Maker/CNC Machinist. I just traded for an old Hough loader and need to find a good source for information. No better place than people who have actually used them. I live in Mid-Missouri and like to machine, and mess with equipment among other things. Tim

  18. #18joedirt2007-12-18 23:37

    Joe Dirt Well before anyone asks, yes I was "Joe Dirt" before the movie (32 years). I have been around equipment all of my life and love every minute of it. I thought for a while I was going to have to check myself into "tractors anonymous" until I found this site. The old man sold Komatsu and Deere for many years and for the other "many years" ran equipment rental yards. Truth be know, I lived over the shop all through my highschool years (tough picking up girls). That being said, I was exposed to all types of equipment , backhoes, loaders, light plants,welders and yes sewer snakes too (yum). Bought my first backhoe at the age of 19 (510B John Deere) and the business has expanded ever since. We now have expanded to 30+ employees and have 10 or 15 tractors. My hobbies would be summed up by my work. Love diggin dirt, hate the freekin collections. My other latest hobbie would be viewing the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and it is enjoyable to read. Thanks for the site.... Joe Dirt: usa

  19. #19egnsean2007-12-19 07:24

    Ex digger driver Hi Drove plant mainly diggers here in the uk for 20 years including-Hitachi 130- JCB 3cx-Komatsu 210- short time on Cat D6H etc then unfortunatly got Type 1 diabetes so thay took my licences off me but i'm still intrested in Plant.

  20. #20MMSOCAL2007-12-31 09:35

    Hello to all Greetings from sunny southern california.:usa I am a 22 year old excavator operator. Ive got about 4 1/2 years under my belt working on various pieces of equipment. I started out picking paper in a landfill in Arkansas(go hogs) work my way through the ranks and here i am. I work for a medium sized non-union outfit running a 375 with an oddly picked 8.5cy bucket. I do mostly production, while i have done some other jobs that involved finishing but not many. I've operated anything from a 235 to a 5130(although only about 30 hr), D4 to D10N, and up to a 988 loader. So my experince is varried,but have spent most of my time between 375's and a leaky ex1100. I am very thankful for the chances i've had as i have come to realize that im way ahead of the game for my age. thank you all in advance for the advice and help i hope to gain here, and hopefully i may have some advice for others:usa - Matt

  21. #21AnthraciteMiner2008-01-03 22:19

    Hey fellas, I'm 30 years old and live and work in Northeastern Pennsylvania, in the hard coal strippings. I've been doing this full time for five years and worked construction for five years before that. I started in the mines driving trucks, moved on to run dozers, loaders and excavators, and sometime later this month, will be taking on our Cat 5130 as its full time operator. Overall, pretty good job with good benefits, etc. I am going back to college in the Fall of 2008, also. So its gonna be a busy year, all in all. As far as hobbies, I like to hunt small game, mostly rabbits with dogs, fish alot, and when the money allows, I have a pretty good collection of die-cast equipment started. Also like to do alot around the house and yard. That's about it. Take care.

  22. #22Cavalo2008-01-07 00:11

    Cavalo Hello........this is my first forum that I have ever belonged to, I have checked out this site before, but never registered , until I figured I had a few answers to some of the questions and I identified with some of the other operators, that I better get on here. I have a 07 JD 310SG bachoe with ride control, power shift, pilots, air cond. and accu swing. This is my third JD and every machine has been very good to me. I had a lot of Case backhoes when I first started out but as of 1994 I went with JD only because the salesman at that time forced the machine kind of on me and that machine was the best I ever had. I contract to the natural gas company up here in BC Canada and have done that since 1979......it is very lucartive and if I quit I wouldnt get back on as a dependant like I am now. Mikee

  23. #23Buddy2008-01-23 07:39

    Hello All Hi Guy's and Gal's I don't remember exactly how I came across this site but , I like what I see. I am a equipment mechanic by trade . I also collect , restore and operate older/antique construction equipment . I have several cranes , loaders , graders , dozers ,backhoes and one roller in my collection. Do we have any other collectors here ???? If so , I would like to here from you . Do any of you live in Virginia ??

  24. #24Cavalo2008-01-23 19:42

    Welcome to the forum Buddy..............

  25. #25lizardo22008-01-28 15:34

    Steve, Thank you for offering these forums. I have been involved with the construction industry for 40 years, and am getting excellent information from all.

  26. #26ironmen327G2008-02-03 22:25

    My name is Tyler and I've been an operator for little over a year now. Just ggot put on a real machine last week. Running a 327g now, figurd I'd come here for some advice! Always want to learn more

  27. #27redline2008-02-03 22:50

    my name is Brett and I have been operating all types of iron ever since I was able to reach the pedals, dozers, loaders, positracks, diggers, rollers, adt dumpers, mega mulchers, all manner of farm machinery, plus grain, cotton, cane harvesters. u can never learn enough

  28. #28AtlasRob2008-02-10 16:12

    AtlasRob Name is Rob, bet none of you would have got that too many years in the seat and still learning. Must try and get a proper job before I retire. Have run most things, shovels, blades, lowloader to 80t etc but really settled as a 360 op, set up on my own in 2001 as a rubber duck ( wheeled exc ) owner op. Haven't got into contracting though that seems to be where the money is! Only one machine, I'm an operator dont want to be a plant manager looking after 6 or more. Have done motorway muckshifting and reconstruction, ditched 48" gas pipe in Algeria, and most things in between. Never been in a mine, but have done tunnel construction. Any spare Sundays are spent on a canal project operating thier 4t Hanix 360 A busmans holiday but incredible what these volunteers have achieved with nothing. Visit www.weyandarun.co.uk if you need to refresh your faith in the human race. my site. www.Robtaylorplanthireltd.co.uk :beerchug

  29. #29EqmtRunr2008-02-17 12:22

    EqmtRunr Hi, my name is Stefan and I will be turning 18 next month:drinkup and I am looking for a start in heavy equipment operating. I have worked on a farm since I was 14 and I have run tractors, crawler loader, backhoes, mini Ex, skid steers, combines, 1 ton dump trucks, if anyone knows or is looking for eager reliable help I am in the job market, I just need a chance I won't let anyone down. I have some expirience but need to learn much, I have a list of references and thats about it. I live outside of Millville which is +/-20mi south of williamsport eastern/central PA. Thanks, Stefan

  30. #30digger242j2008-02-17 13:47

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Stefan! We have some members from that end of PA, so hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction.

  31. #31EqmtRunr2008-02-17 14:22

    Thanks digger, I really respect you guys, and I know I will learn alot. :notworthy:usa

  32. #32dirtboy2008-02-18 11:04

    Dirtboy Hello to all. Been running equip a little over 20 years started my own excavation co. in 1994 I do mostly residential work and a little commercial,septics, foundations, grading,clearing. equip:komatsu pc160-7, Cat D5c, bobcatT300, Hyundai 55, 03 Mack tandem,07 ford f450 utility body, felling 25ton trailer, towmaster 7 ton tilt deck ointhead (payments) I am 38 yrs old. pheasant hunting and snowmobiling are my hobbies if I ever get time. I'm also a nycfireman try to work mostly nites so I can dig during the day. Thanks for the site, only been a member for a short time but learned alot already confirmed some things that I thought I knew and learned some things that I didnt. I really like the oiffice info. this is usually the hardest info to find. :usa

  33. #33WildMan2008-02-24 21:19

    WildMan Hey guys found this site, thought it looked like a good one, and wanted to say hi, I from Indiana, i'm 25 and been workin for a Excavating company for about 5 years, we do alot of subdivisions, demo, clearing and more. Rick

  34. #34Paystar2008-03-13 22:55

    Paystar Hello everyone:drinkup Just signed up. Found this site while doing a search for pics of the old Champion 100T grader. Pretty nice looking site, lots of info and great pics. I'm not real computer literate:bash and I never seem to have much time to get on one but still glad to check this out when I can. I'm the owner operator of a small trucking business in Ontario, Canada. My newest truck is a 2005 International Paystar 5600i dump. I've been driving truck for 19 years and have run some heavy equipment, as large as a Cat 992 loader with joy stick steering. Looking forward to reading the many threads.:notworthy

  35. #35Countryboy2008-03-13 23:08

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Paystar! :drinkup

  36. #36danmed2008-03-18 03:20

    Hi Everyone, My family is starting to get into the equipment export business and we thought that this would be a great place to interact with some people in the industry. Look forward to learning a lot from you all! Dan

  37. #37Countryboy2008-03-18 03:23

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums danmed! :drinkup

  38. #38Mr. D2008-03-19 22:21

    Mr. D Howdy everyone.... I was searching google for a few things when this site came up. Great site from what Ive seen so far This seems like an extremely helpful and informative site! I recently got my CDL and Im hoping to get in with a construction company driving a dump truck. Hope to learn a lot from here.

  39. #39Countryboy2008-03-19 22:22

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Mr. D! :drinkup

  40. #40JDecker2008-03-21 19:03

    Hi MY NAME IS JEFF DECKER I HAVE BEEN DOING EXCAVATING FOR 13 YEARS RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND HAVE WORK FOR MY SELF FOR 11 YEARS AND HAVE THREE PEOPLE WORKING WITH ME NOW NICE SITE. HOBBYS ARE RACING AND WORKING

  41. #41Countryboy2008-03-22 00:27

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JDecker! :drinkup Please refrain from posting in all caps. It could be considered shouting by some and makes it difficult to read. Thanks

  42. #42BrianFisher2008-03-28 23:48

    Hi! My name is brian and I love yellow iron and everything to do with earthworks! I've been a soils tech for 7 years and love everyday at work. I found this website quite by chance and have been lurking for a while now and absolutely love it! Looking forward to meeting all y'all!

  43. #43Countryboy2008-03-29 00:49

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums BrianFisher! :drinkup

  44. #44Dieselfixer2008-03-30 22:08

    Dieselfixer Saying Hello Hi All Just a short note to say Hi to everyone here. My name is Al and I live in North Carolina, transplanted from New Jersey. I have been a heavy equipment mechanic for the past 35 years. I am currently working for a family owned construction company here in NC. I can't really remember how I found this site but I do know it was from a web search I was doing I just don't remember what I was looking for at the time. I bookmarked this site and came back later to check it out and registered within a few minutes of looking around. So far I am enjoying reading the posts.

  45. #45celticcrusader2008-03-31 19:53

    hey dieselfixer where in jersey you from? I'm from sussex co.newton area

  46. #46Dieselfixer2008-03-31 20:23

    Hi Celtic. I am originally from Sayreville NJ, I live in Fairmont, NC now. I still have a lot of family in Jersey, My Dad and brother live in Sweedsboro and I have a son in Eatontown, sister in Avenel, brother in East Windsor. I know where Newton is as my Uncle lives in Stillwater.

  47. #47bear2008-04-01 04:34

    Bear Hi gang still really new to the forum and enjoy every minute i can spend here looking at everything. I've been around equipment most of my life off and on and enjoy it. I've held every job description you can imagine (just because the job market here in south central Kentucky sucks!). Right now I am back in college getting a combined degree in Civil and mechanical engineering to take care of my favorite two things in the world Giant powerful engines and dirt! Mostly i ride my 4-wheeler when i get the chance and trying to get my late father-in-law's '86 d6 back in shape (nothing major just need to float some ideas). so i can do some odd jobs on weekends (for cash and they are floating the fuel!!) :drinkup

  48. #48CheeseHead2008-04-01 11:41

    Add another member Hello brothers and sisters, my name is Ryan and I have been on DHS forum for a couple of years and decided to test the waters here. I hope this forum is a little more mature than DHS. I am an operating engineer for Local 139 and I just finished my apprenticeship. I mostly ran crane and oiled on cranes during my apprenticeship. I know a little bit bout running the dirt machines, but I can't hold grade to save my life. I love to post pics to get yourself a soda and popcorn and enjoy the ride. Another ?? feal free to ask :usa opcorn

  49. #49Steve Frazier2008-04-01 16:21

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums CheeseHead!!:drinkup Thanks for joining us! I think you'll find we run a pretty tight ship here to keep it enjoyable for everyone. Have a look around and feel free to jump in wherever you like!

  50. #50Countryboy2008-04-01 20:34

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums CheeseHead! :drinkup

  51. #51CheeseHead2008-04-01 20:34

    Thanks guys, I cannot wait to post some pics here.

  52. #52Lashlander2008-04-02 01:21

    Welcome Oiler! I thought they called you Wisconsoners Cheddarheads.

  53. #53CheeseHead2008-04-02 19:30

    ChedderHead, CheeseHead, all the same. Good to see you on this forum LashLander, another DHS guys here?

  54. #54EZ TRBO2008-04-02 22:46

    Hey another Cheesehead, and a sad Packer fan I am sure, as I am. But it was a fun ride the past 16 years. What part of the state you in? SW corner here. GIve me a shout, and welcome to HEF. Trbo

  55. #55Austrian2008-04-05 12:29

    Hello to everyone! Hello my name is Andy, I am from Austria. I am working as a construction worker in Road and Sewer Construction. Sometimes I operate Equipment such as the small wheeled Loaders and Dumpers that are very familar with the austrian contractors. The Austrian Contractors use a very different range of Equipment, we ve almost no backhoe loaders, but a lot of small Excavators, Dumpers and Loaders. My main Interstes are Construction Equipment and Building Models in 1:87. Please excuse my poor English, but i ve choosen to write in English, i think its better to write in English than using a translation programm. Greets from the Austrian Alps!

  56. #56Austrian2008-04-05 16:25

    I forgot to tell that I am born in the year 1986, 22years old. Greets Andy

  57. #57DigDug2008-04-05 17:12

    Hi Austrian - I graduated the year you were born. Welcome here.

  58. #58euclid2008-04-07 09:03

    web site Hi all: I tripped into this site actually doing a google search and found a thread about old Euclid Belly dumps and since I used to operate a euc many years ago I thought my stories might be for posting. I will say so far this is a very active site with heeps of good stuff to read. I'm originally from Texas and made it over here to the Mid-Atlantic via the US Navy. :usa

  59. #59Countryboy2008-04-07 19:37

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums euclid! :drinkup

  60. #60registered user2008-04-12 11:03

    registered user Hi, I'm a newbie to this field. I have just over 2 years in the field, first making shot rock for a contractor, then was lucky enough to get hired by the company that ran the quarry to be a Utility equipment operator. I look forward to gaining insight from those who have walked the path I'm on.

  61. #61CAT D9H2008-04-23 02:31

    Cat D9h Hi , I found this site and thought it looked cool so I thought Id join up, I am a supervisor mainly equipment operator ( I have an office but the seat is dusty if you know what I mean) for a large dirtwork/paving company in the small town Ruidoso New Mexico we do all sorts of jobs from residential all the way up to government jobs I hope to have fun here !

  62. #62Partsdude2008-05-01 14:57

    I am a Komatsu partsman in British Columbia Canada. Was a Dodge partsman for years, and worked in a heavy duty spring and brake shop as well. I love anything mechanical, especially the old steam power stuff. I have read darn near every thread on these forums and love seeing all the neato equipment from around the world. As soon as I am able I will post up some pictures.

  63. #63WabcoMan2008-05-01 16:38

    I've been an operator for over 35 years, mostly on scrapers (towed, elevating & conventional). Lately I've "come indoors" and look after a successful machinery supply companys parts department but still hop on a machine whenever I can get the opportunity. I'm keenly interested in the history of earthmoving and the many manufacturers who've come and gone across time and I'm currently writing a book on the subject.

  64. #64Eddiebackblade2008-05-04 12:52

    Eddiebackblade Hi to you all, I,ve been watching this site with interest for some time, and have finally decided to jump in. I am a self employed operator in the UK, but now take on whole Groundwork/Drainage or Excavation packages as it pays better!! Grew up around my Uncles Farm, and have had the tell tale Black fingernails and whiff of Diesel ever since. Had the usual UK plant operator ladder to climb as AtlasRob will probably be familiar with, 8 years on Backhoe loaders then finally onto the big stuff!! Been in the seat for some 18 years now, and still love it.

  65. #65AtlasRob2008-05-04 15:02

    welcome Welcome aboard Eddie. I see you have a sense of humour What part of this little island are you hiding in ? Not town, county will do

  66. #66Eddiebackblade2008-05-04 15:27

    Great to finally catch u Rob, I,m up in the Staffordshire Moorlands, no inbred jokes please!! I too have a real soft spot for the 'Ducks' most underrated machine out there if you ask me. They are a real operators machine, and there is nothing better than a good pilpeline in town to keep you alert all day.

  67. #67MOOSE3.52008-05-14 20:54

    Hello guys, I am a residential contractor with limited experience on heavy equipment. My brother-in-law (who can run anything diesel powered) got me in the seat of bobcat about 5 years ago to help him finish a job on time. Since then I've graduated to a backhoe and even a small dozer when he needs the help. Had so much fun on the bobcat that I went out and bought one a couple years back. Been working on the thing ever since! But, I guess when you own equipment that's just part of it.

  68. #68DenMech2008-05-20 09:03

    hello hello all new here, I am a mechanic going for heavy equipment mechanic certification. Any other 421A's here?

  69. #69YankeeFlasher2008-05-24 16:14

    New Member YankeeFlasher Most of my experience has been with those in Dubai UAE starting with the Palms Jumeriah, Jebel Ali, and Deira; then World Islands and many others. Big difference is the size of project 250 acre considered as small project...but dimensioned all in metrics...it make life easier. Dubai and Abu DHabi has some of the largest fleets of D10-11 in the World...but they don't know how to use scrapers - cuts in 1-2ft, place in 1-2 ft, can't trust any fills for compaction. Current project is moving >1M cu yd/day (Yes: >1Mcuyd/d) for a canal - 50mi long and up to 1500ft wide at ex.grd.lvl. and 250ft wide at channel floor. We have been trying to use mining equipment but most operators are use to dozers-loader-dumper (road or quarry) and no one knows how to use a scraper. Some iranian companies have experience in scraper but UAE considers the scraper as a funny truck to be filled by loaders. Very interested in larger equipment and mning equipment...been trying to work with the Holland Loaders and Holland Haulers...but now things are back to dozers, loaders and lots of trucks - 1Mcuyd / 50 cuyd = 20,000 loads a day - 20 hr operations =1000 loads an hour...cut-transport-place at <$y.00/cuyd. I have gone through the list and messanges - Nice to meet real people. Tom Williams - YankeeFlasher (My old HASH name)

  70. #70AtlasRob2008-05-24 16:24

    Welcome aboard Tom :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy those numbers are unreal. And with folk who dont even know how to move muck Your either an :angel or mad!! . Muckshifter ! you aint no :angel lol, you'll fit in well here :drinkup

  71. #71jdlogger2008-05-24 16:45

    I ran across this site trying to trouble shoot a problem on the loader that I bought last year. (See JD 450 C starting problem) I am a tool and die maker by trade, I enjoy bowhunting, gunhunting and throwing rocks if needed.Ha Ha I bought the loader to make some improvements on my property and to take down a 150 year old barn. Actualy I had an urge to dig big holes! Some day I would love to be able to quit my Job inside with no windows 10 hours a day and be in the great outdoors freezing in the winter and burning up in the summer.

  72. #72OCR2008-05-24 22:59

    delete

  73. #73OCR2008-05-24 22:59

    delete

  74. #74OCR2008-05-24 23:12

    Hello from OCR: Lived all my life here, with my brother, on our ranch in Montana. We've been helping fight fire for over 20 years. I usually operate our dozer, JD 750C (6 way blade, ripper, winch), and our Cat excavator. My brother runs our T-2 water tender. All under EERAs. (these are agreements, not contracts) Acquired A&P license in 1973. I'm also employed by the Montana Department of Transportation (seasonal) as a snow plow driver. (AFSCME member) And, of course, we're full time ranchers. Also, original owners of a 1946 J-3 cub.

  75. #75jdlogger2008-05-25 22:25

    orc good for you

  76. #76joe9012008-05-26 05:37

    Hi, great site, loads of info from the people that operate and fix these machines. Work for major (for New Zealand ) Earthworks/Civil company. Have driven the usual Komatsu compactors,815's,613 and 615 motorscrapers,tractors etc before moving into Cat skid steers ( much more fun )247b's,277b and 277c. Ain't got time for hobbies,always seem to be workin.

  77. #77Squizzy246B2008-05-26 06:55

    Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Joe901. How is life over there on the mainland?

  78. #78Grinder082008-05-27 18:09

    How's it going? I work for a tree care company and we recently had an unknown engine part go through our belt grinder. Trying to figure out what it is from, hopefully i'll be able to post some pics on later...Take care all

  79. #79joe9012008-05-28 04:35

    Cheers Squizy246B, was wondering how long you guys keep your machines for. We trade them in at 3000 hours. Also how many hours do you average per week?

  80. #80eightup2008-05-31 22:34

    Hello everyone. My name is Ken. I come from the maritime industry. I usually work as a deck hand on Tug boats but I'm really excited about passing the apprentice test for entry into the IUOE Local 12. I'm number 3 on the dredge operators list. I can't wait for the call. I have experience on barges and live in downtown Long Beach, CA.

  81. #81OCR2008-05-31 23:22

    jdlogger, A little late, but I thank ya'... OCR

  82. #82idk2008-06-01 01:16

    Hi I'm Roger I live in SoCal I'm local 12. I've worked for Sukut, Ebensteiner and some smaller rental companys. Haven't worked much in the last year it is very slow. Roger

  83. #83celticcrusader2008-06-01 08:42

    hi Roger, I will tell you it is slooooow in NJ too!!!!!

  84. #84GEM92008-06-01 16:10

    hi my name is laurie bill is my hubby we have a ford 755 b

  85. #85SeabeeEO12008-06-03 01:13

    hello I’m a US. Navy SEABEE I operate all types of heavy equipment from cranes to dozers and from drill rigs to ditchers. I been in the business for 7 years with the navy and 3 year before that as a civilian. Have a good one :usa

  86. #86Dougster2008-06-04 09:58

    My name is Dougster and I live in Eastern MA. I'm a 57 year old laid-off mechanical engineer trying to make a go of a "residential excavation and grading" business in order to survive. Sure as heck ain't easy in the current economic environment! In my little business, I currently use a Mahindra 4110 w/Bradco 509 backhoe and a Yanmar VIO35-3 mini-excavator. Dougster™ :usa

  87. #87Git r Dug2008-06-11 21:57

    Git r Dug Hi my name is Rick i've been a lurker on the forum for along time. And finaly decided to join. I'm 21 years old and have been around equipment all my life and started operating machines when i was 12. So as of now i run excavators, crawler loaders, graders, skid steer, packer, and i have my class 1 so i also fill in for the truck drivers when they are off. So ya i sorta do everything but i'm also still learning alot everyday. Thanks Rick

  88. #8849cat1122008-06-16 00:46

    Hi Rob in Ridgecrest Ca. here. I just saved a '49 Caterpillar 112 Motorgrader from the jaws of a Chinese blast furnace. She's complete, runs and operates. Needs a few tweaks and repairs but what old machine doesn't from time to time right? Pics to follow....

  89. #8949cat1122008-06-16 00:48

    Lets see if this works.... My '49 Cat. Yes....I'm shopping for tires!

  90. #90SeabeeEO12008-06-16 17:33

    i went to school in china lake for blasting and water well:usa

  91. #9149cat1122008-06-16 19:26

    I got here in 98 for my second tour at VX-31/WTS...retired as an AMH1 5 years ago and never left!

  92. #92Iron Horse2008-06-20 01:05

    Is there a secret handshake that i do'nt know about to get registered to the forum ? Ive sent several emails and have even posted a help question to one of the administrators on a thread . That administrator has Red links to help us but they are not accessable if your not registered .:Banghead All i require is an email confirming my registration . :beatsme

  93. #93AtlasRob2008-06-21 15:44

    The member list shows you as joined 9th June. You must be registered else you would not be able to post, and you have 3 now. Welcome aboard :drinkup

  94. #94digger242j2008-06-21 16:17

    As Rob said, you're good to go. I think we're still not straightened out on the forum emails issue, so Steve has been hand approving new members in batches, as he finds the time to do so, thus eliminating the need for you to go through the confirmation email process. On edit: I see you tried to get in touch with Countryboy. He's having difficulties of his own with computer access at his end, so that's why you never got a reply from him. I hope he gets straightened out soon too. I kinda miss having him around to help...

  95. #95jurgcor2008-06-21 16:30

    Hello everyone glad to be apart of such a great bunch of "brothers in dirt". Can't thank my buddy enough for turning me on to this wealth of info. I have been in the game 17 YRS. mostly a scraper hand, but dozers, loaders, excavators....... you get the idea. I currently work for Kiewit Texas Constr. I operate mainly a 10N w/impact ripper. I run all the iron. Picking rock seems to be my new specialty. Heavy highway, without us you don't move............. Love to be here

  96. #96ODF2008-06-21 22:39

    Odf Hi I'm a recent military retiree that got tired of digging in the dirt with an 18" folding shovel so I traded it in for something bigger. I am currently attending a Heavy Equipment Operators school. I don't have much in the way of hobbies but I really enjoy Harleys! :usa

  97. #9749cat1122008-06-22 00:39

    Hehe....just the oposite with me. I spent 20 years working on Navy jets. I retired and now sit on my butt in a tool crib all night, play with my grader or old Chrysler during the day.

  98. #98RocksnRoses2008-06-22 08:48

    Rn'R Hello, my name is Clive and I together with my son, own and operate a small crushing and contracting operation. I have been following the forum for quite a while and the thing I find most interesting is that owners and operators around the world no matter how big or small they may be, are experiencing exactly the same problems on a day to day basis that we experience in our neck of the woods. It makes me think that perhaps we are not doing so bad after all.

  99. #99ODF2008-06-22 12:24

    I tried to sit around the garage here and work on the motorcycle, lawn mowers, boat, and whatever else was broken or neglected over the last 20 years but near bout lost my mind after three weeks, had to get off my duff and find something to do away from the house, retirement isn't all it is cracked up to be.

  100. #100AtlasRob2008-06-22 15:35

    Yer, but you have the weather Welcome aboard. Do you have any pictures of your operation to share :drinkup

  101. #101RocksnRoses2008-06-22 17:36

    Thank you for the welcome. You've got me on that one. We are having a fairly mild winter at the moment which means we can keep operating. I do sympathise with you operators in the northern hemisphere as some of the conditions you work under would absolutely drive me nuts! When I get my required amount of posts I will post some photos.

  102. #102joeeye592008-06-29 20:49

    Hi, What a great place to talk with people in the business... I'm one of them people who have always had the knowledge of cars & trucks come fairly easy because I use to enjoy working on them... I don't care what education you have because if you enjoy the mechanics of machinery and working on them your going to become a self taught mechanic that can have a worlds wealth of info to share with others, so thats what I did right out of high school and what I did for many years, I also took a few tests becoming NASE certified in a few areas of auto repairs.... So when I look at my backhoe and then the manuals I can understand things, but I learned to always ask the pro's who have been there done that, because it never hurts, and chances are you will miss some things making the situation bigger Then I went into the white collar world of auto insurance adjusting being I knew what the inside of cars & trucks looked like for the last 10 years..... then to finally leaving that business from being tired on getting my nuts tweeked :Banghead from both sides... wasn't worth the money they paid... :bash So being the insurance company was sold off to new investors on the stock market, and the job went from 7 hour days to no less than a 7 day a week 14 hour days it caught up to me and I failed to take care of my health being I had Wilsons Disease, so that lead to my liver transplant from Wilsons Disease... so now I can't do what I do when I use to do it, so I take it easy now and do what I want to do when I want to do it... So I went out and got a very nice 1988 John Deere 310c backhoe to build my garage and make the yard nice.... I'll hire this guy and that guy to do the hard work and everybody is happy When its all said and done I'd like to keep my backhoe, but if I can't get work with it to help pay it off I guess I'll sell it when I'm done.... I'm not really looking to work full time with it, I'd love to have it for who ever and what ever to help pay for it... :usa

  103. #103Iron Horse2008-07-07 20:23

    Thank's for the welcome . Until now i have been a restricted member , i could make a post but i could'nt edit my post or start a thread . I could not do anything but make a post until i got my email to complete my registration . I have just bought a new Jonyang 23tonne excavator and wanted to ask some questions but could'nt because of not being able to start a thread . Ive just now noticed that i can now , and it was only by chance as i was not informed that i have been accepted .

  104. #104nextdoor2008-07-09 00:22

    What a great site. Ill sure get some use out of it. Im located in Narembeen West Australia. Im a farmer and do a small bit of contract work but mainly concentrate at home. We have a 1952 D47U (nearly finished restoration) and a D9L also a 12E grader and a 920 loader. I grew up on the D4 as did my father (yes the same one!!). We have a range of ag gear namely Cat and Case but Ill leave that for the ag sites.I have worked at a couple of mines in the early nineties on dozers and graders and done a bit of time in diggers and dumpies. I know Ill pick up a lot from this site and who knows maybe I can ad a bit too. Cheers

  105. #105BIG D2008-07-10 17:37

    BIG D here wow what a find this web site is. Its the greatest I worked for a CAT dealer for 18 yrs then for CASE JD DEALERS as service manager. CAT still imbedded in my heart but due to health Im limited to what I can due but I cant get away from this web site I have a lot of question opinions and thoughts for the future thanks Dennis Frame the BIG D

  106. #106CM19952008-07-10 20:12

    Welcome to the Forums Big D!:drinkup

  107. #107insleyboy2008-07-14 21:38

    Hey all, been here a little while now. Visit the sight every night. Been operator now for 20 something years. Pile Driving, Bridge contractor most of my life but switched to a smaller company that works as service contractor mostly for refineries. Pipelines, Tank rebuilding and foundation work is where we make our living. It's not real glamerous , but the scale is good and they keep us working year round. Nice to read articles here and the pic's are awesome!My name is Bill, I will probably be here nearly every night.

  108. #108d4dave12008-07-20 01:49

    d4dave1 Howdy all. My name is Dave ( geeze ain't THAT a shocker !? ) and I am from Alberta, Canada. We own a small farm on the edge of the Rocky Mountains where we raised cattle and horses and kids for the last 35 years or so. Kids are all grown and gone ( no money in farming ), cattle market here is a wreck so all we do now is own horses and put up crops. My heavy equipment experience is not very deep. I ran a D6 crawler loader in the 70's as well as Timberjack 230D and Cat 518 skidders. Worked beside a lot of Cats in my logging years, D6C'S, 8H'S, 7G's. Been running stationary heavy equipment as a Gas Plant operator since the early 80's such as White Superior Compressors, 2600 hp, 1200 hp and an 800 hp, a few 3406 Cats, 3412's and a 7042 Waukesha lately. On our farm we run all John Deere equipment ( my wife bleeds Green and Yellow paint if she cuts herself ) an old JD 4230 with loader and a JD 4040. I try to keep my JD equipment in top shape but it's always a battle as you guys know. I "Green Lighted" our JD 4230 about 2 years ago so it is almost as new but I would like to re-do the interior as well. I found this forum on Google while looking for info on a crawler loader or a rubber tire loader, trying to choose between the two. My thinking is I would like to have a loader to clean corrals, re-pile burning brush piles, do some light brush clearing and piling, be able to lift off full lifts of lumber off our 5th wheel trailer and hopefully some day help me pursue my retirement dream of building an Underground home. Any input as to which may be better suited for my plans is more than welcome. I currently have a line on a JD 344G loader listed about $34 K and a sweet JD 555 crawler but am curious as to things to look for in used loaders. I've looked over a whole hockey sock full of tractors in my time but not many tracked or tired loaders. Whatever I get pretty much HAS to be a John Deere, I MIGHT be able to get by with a Cat, anything else will likely be used by my lovely wife to bury my cold dead body then driven into the lake next door. Did I mention she is a REDNECK ? On our last Caribbean vacation she wore a wonderful two piece bikini on the beach topped off by John Deere ball cap. Hope I can add to the chat here on this forum and I sure do plan to listen a lot. Thanks to the Admin.'s for running such a cool site and for letting an old dog like me join.

  109. #109Demo_Andy2008-07-20 15:18

    Hello Alright guys and gals. My name is Andy. At a guess I'll be one of the younger operators here, I'm 23 but have a wise head on my shoulders and respect the 'old' school guys. (No insult intended!) I've been operating excavators now for 4 years doing demolition work for a company in central England. I had a slow start but luckily since I've picked it up and have a lot of confidence with the machines. Currently I operate a Demo spec Hitachi Zaxis 225USRLC but have experience on everything from mini diggers up to Cat 345C and Hitachi 650s. I'm been trained up to operate UHDs too, spent a fair amount of time on Cat 330C and 345C UHDs. Anyway, thats enough about me. Spent a bit of time going through the forums and it looks like a good community so thought it was time to join and share this passion we have! All the best, Andy

  110. #110AtlasRob2008-07-20 15:42

    Welcome aboard Andy good to see another UK operator on here. Get a few more posts in then you'll be able to post some pictures of those UHD machines :drinkup

  111. #111Countryboy2008-07-20 23:36

    That was me, Iron Horse. I'm the un-official Welcome-er and new member helper-outer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to help my own self out there for a while. Seems the bossman got a little stingey with the internet. I learned to share when I was 4.....but I digress. My point, I was out for a while. Hopefully eveything is good to go now? To all the new members I missed while I was gone: Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums! :drinkup

  112. #112Iron Horse2008-07-20 23:46

    Thank you for your reply , yes all's good now , all the best .

  113. #113AtlasRob2008-07-21 16:54

    Good to see you back on the board Countryboy :drinkup

  114. #114NL1CAT2008-07-23 06:37

    Hi everyone ! I'm Eddy i'm 41 years of age and live in The Netherlands (Holland). I'm a operator for some 20 odd years. I'm interrested in mining and quarrying so i think i'm at the right place here.. Nice to meet y'all !

  115. #115breakneck2008-07-23 09:23

    Hey all, i came cross this forum while looking for reference images for a project i'm working on. I'm a video game modeler and i think this place is great! Hope my endless questions wont bother too much

  116. #116Countryboy2008-07-23 20:25

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums NL1CAT! :drinkup

  117. #117Countryboy2008-07-23 20:26

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums breakneck! :drinkup

  118. #118Bellboy2008-07-27 13:36

    I learned to share when I was born. I have a twin!

  119. #119Mike2502008-08-01 14:44

    New member Hi, My name is Mike.I am 23 years old.I have been interested in heavy equipment my whole life and now I am going to get some training. I have been lurking around this site for about a year before I joined and find it very informative and helpful.If anyone has any tips or other advice on starting in the industry I would be happy to hear from you. Thanks

  120. #120Steve Frazier2008-08-01 14:56

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Mike!!:drinkup I'm just curious....why the delay in registering? Don't worry, we have quite a number who do the same thing, lurk for a while and then join, but what's the reason? Regardless, I'm glad that you made the move to participate!

  121. #121curly2008-08-04 21:41

    curly Howdy, fairly new operator, started last year when driving dump truck as a fill in for the boss, moved cross country and then another short move and finally running wheel loader full time. So far about 1000 hours in Volvo Komatsu, CAT!!, and New Holland. Newest was the volvo, forget the model number but even that broke for awhile, poor maintenance at my work. I like to ride motorcycle and do so to work everyday, I gave up a long time ago trying to keep it clean at the rock pit. I found the forum looking for tips running motor grader, I look forward to learning more!

  122. #122stepsideclyde2008-08-09 15:13

    stepsideclyde Hey Steve,...Guys... Glad I found this forum. Looks like a bunch of experienced people here. Let me introduce myself, My name is Tim and I work for a small construction company in Ellsworth, Maine. Started there in November of 1981. Worked mostly as a wrench turner (short time working at a hot top plant). We do oil changes, change truck tires and such, mostly repairs. looking forward to exchanging ideas in the cyber world.. tc

  123. #123JimMax2008-08-10 21:37

    JimMax Hello, My names Jim and I've always loved heavy equipment. Mostly because I like building motocross tracks to ride on. I own a couple machines and use them on my land.

  124. #124Smitty2008-08-13 19:32

    Smitty Hi there. I stumbled onto this forum when I was looking for information on rebuilding a hydraulic cylinder and I have been hooked ever since. There is some great information from experienced folks here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I've always had an interest in heavy equipment. I'm an agricultural engineer and occasionally my job gets me into operating some equipment - mostly backhoes or skid steer loaders. My father passed away this past January, and I've recently been messing around with some of the equipment he had. He wasn't a full time equipment operator, but he had a small farm and just liked to collect stuff. One machine he left is a Cat 951C track loader which is in real nice shape. I just need to repair a leaky tilt cylinder on the bucket. There is also a Case 480CK loader tractor which is old but handy. I have already re-packed a cylinder on it - thanks to the info I found on these forums. Well that is more than enough babbling for now. I will probably be asking for some technical help from time to time, so thanks in advance.

  125. #125upnover2008-08-21 00:08

    Hello, I enjoy watching HD equipment work. I have a farm background and loved operating that kind of equipment, but there is just something anout moving dirt thats hard to explain. I owned a skid steer for 1 month till someone wanted it worse than me. I am looking to buy either another skid steer or mini -ex. Just cant seem to find the right unit at the right price yet. I found the forum just by searching. I am a consultant here in the oilpatch in Alberta and get to see the big units up at the oilsands plants. The D11's, 797's, EX 1100's and so on are massive and fun to watch, I'm just glad I dont have to pay for one or the fuel they burn!

  126. #1262wnged2008-09-01 01:17

    I found this place while looking for information about the fiat-allis 745-C that my brother bought to use on the farm.

  127. #127bigcatpip2008-09-01 07:49

    I worked around Harrisburg when I started

  128. #128hmong3372008-09-05 19:52

    glad to be here

  129. #129sandnsnow2008-09-06 15:03

    Hey, I've been lurking around and reading alot of good stuff. Thought I would introduce my self. Name is Jeff. I Own J&M Excavation and Construction in wonderful Sandpoint Idaho. My fair share of work consists of Rip Rap jobs, roads, and pretreatment septic systems( gotta keep the lake clean haha). I hate and will try to not work as a sub contractor for other generals. I have a crew of about 5 guys varies depending on jobs. The iron the bank and I own are a sk250,sk210, Case cx75, Tack. tl150, New Holland D85 and TD8, 82 Kenworth transfer and an old jimmy rock truck. I am looking at a used 312 lc with a 5',3' 2' and Ripper and I want to buy a New Holland B95 hoe about november. I have more work that I can handle and have only had one ass for a customer in the last 4 years. Ill post pictures of the current projects as soon as I can post and I look forward to passing on some knowledge and getting some too.

  130. #130milling_drum2008-09-06 16:17

    Hi I'm John. I have been in and around asphalt milling machines for over 20 years. This website has been alot of fun and I hope we can all gain insight and enjoy experiences from each other.

  131. #131karlmicheal2008-09-28 14:52

    I am a third year apprentice with IUOE Local 18, Dayton, Ohio. I retired in 2004 after 32 years as a law enforcement officer and decided in 2006 that it was time to start a new career - one that I had wanted to do since my childhood days. I have been fortunate enough to work for one good company in the time I have been an operator and they do in fact keep me working pretty regularly. Mostly have been running articulated end dumps but also challengers, rollers and compactors and once in a great while I do get to get a little stick time on our D6 dozers. Am loving being an operator - like being a kid only getting to run the real equipment and actually getting paid pretty well for it. Looking forward to the information which is shared by all of the operators on this site. God bless you all.

  132. #132bell1422008-09-28 20:31

    What a great site! Although young, im just now learning how to operate these computers. My name is Ray Bell, co-owner and operator of Bell Construction, a site prep and commercial concrete company in NW Louisiana. I am the 4th generation of this company. Iron includes 3)613c scrapers 6h 6rlgp 5mlgp 3clgp 320cl 315cl 304c 130g 236 skidsteer 2 peterbilts rollors etc. Growing up in this business has been a blast! I really enjoy the wisdom andknowledge from all you "aged" grade hands. Look forward to talking to yall later

  133. #133Countryboy2008-09-29 02:30

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums karlmicheal! :drinkup

  134. #134Countryboy2008-09-29 02:31

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums bell142! :drinkup

  135. #135hbarski2008-09-30 14:45

    Just found the forums. I see several other "forum" members here that I have seen elsewhere on the net. I am in the process of purchasing a Case 580b to use around the farm. I think be here at this place will be as productive as trips to the library "used to be".

  136. #136Danial Doherty2008-10-03 21:10

    hello! My name is danial doherty. i have only been running heavy equipment for the past 2 years. I work for one of the largest constrction companys in eastern canada, they have there own training school that i attended and was hired as an operator upon completion! For my first year and a half i have ran Dozers and excavators mostly, but starting this summer i was chosen to run our new MINI Grader (champion C80c). Running a grader is a great job in my opinion and could care less if i ever sat back in a dozer or excavator ever again! I am still very new to all aspects of running heavy equipment and hope that searching these fourms and talking to all the experienced operators on here will help me in years to come! thanks Danial Doherty

  137. #137HOOKY2008-10-04 00:33

    Hello G'day my names Matt from Australia, im only 18 years and live on a 1200acre farm. Have 2years experience in Front End loaders. Love earthmoving equipment and have chosen it as my career. Have operated several Front end loaders and hope to operate other types of equipment soon. Cheers:beerchug

  138. #138rapper2008-10-04 06:56

    rapper... hi every on. my name is james, im a 2nd year plant mechanic from australia. this is the best heavy plant site out there, great job guys. i found this site googling some info on heavy plant and this site showed up. im not very good at the computer stuff. im doing my time with a local council so i get to work on a range of stuff from small plant(ride on mowers) cars, trucks to graders and wheel loaders.. i hope i get to meet a lot of other trade people from all over the world with this site.... keep on trucking guys :waving

  139. #139Cumminstech2008-10-06 00:18

    Cumminstech Hey all. Im from Ohio and i just graduated high school/construction technology. I've been fascinated by all types of construction equipment since i was little. I worked as a diesel mechanic for a while and then ran an old jd TLB for a plumbing company. I recently ran a sennebogen 840 and a CAT 345mh. I've also ran a cat IT62 loader at work. I've ran quite a few pieces of equipment while at school so i have a lot of basic experience. Im looking to run equipment in the dirt again but there really isnt a whole lot to offer around here. Nice talkin to ya'll! Cumminstech

  140. #140Countryboy2008-10-06 01:23

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Cumminstech! :drinkup

  141. #141brynbaily2008-10-15 00:11

    brynbaily Found you guys during a Google search. There is so much great info I had to join! My name is Rich, I'm 32. I've been running equipment since the age of 13 and love it. I actually have a mechanical degree, but after 4 years of sitting at a desk and looking at drawings....:Banghead I decided to do what I really enjoy; being outside, playing in the dirt so I joined IUOE 18 here in Ohio. I run a 345CL excavator, 988G loader, 140H grader, 70 ton haul trucks on a daily basis. I've got a 236B2 skidsteer and a ol' Ford 555 backhoe I share with the old man to play with here at home. Nice place, keep up the good work! :drinkup

  142. #142CatMatsuDeere2008-10-15 11:58

    CatMatsuDeere Hi my name is Joe.I live in a secluded area outside of Medford Oregon called Lake Creek. I have run a few dozers over time , spent 2 years on Komatsu 375's at a rock plant, and 2 seasons on a D8r in the woods for a timber company.My family has had a D6 for as long as i can recall which we use infrequently to brush our land and remove slides from our access road.At this time I am primarily just a property owner with some light equipment (no i didnt get to take the D6 with me). Im now a local firefighter and am a pumper eng. / Tender op. Expecting to catch a little flak for the name , I'll explain it here..I have a Cat D4h , A komatsu pc28uu and a Jdeere 1450.I was having trouble coming up with a name so I looked outside and put 1 , 1 and 1 together and came up with "1".

  143. #143mettalgear2008-10-15 23:52

    HI All, I'm Walt from Cloverdale California, I've been a truckdriver/opperator for the past 10 years hauling equipment, Beer (Budweiser was a killer job) Fertilizer and propane. Also ran equipment for a construction company for about 3 years so not a pro but i can handle what ever is usaly thrown at me. I work for Rental Solutions, a small but growing rental company so i get mix of equipment to play with from a PC200's to shop vacs. and I just want to go on the recored and say I HATE TRANSPORTING LIGHT TOWERS! sorry but if you have ever had to move em you know what im talking about..

  144. #144SidewinderGlenn2008-10-16 21:47

    SidewinderGlenn Hi Guys ! Noobee here .... been lurking for a while ... figgerd I'd sign up & say Hi. Live in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia (No .. NOT Virginia) ... been yankin levers since Shep was a pup . Been with local 132 since 98 ... have worked mostly for an outfit in Weirton since 88 (they treat me pretty good!). They just bought a Trimble GCS 900 system .. put it on our D6r & wanted me to be the guy to learn how to use it. Been having a blast with it for about a month ... building a baseball field .. softball field & football field for a local High School. Got lots of pics of previous jobs ... if I can figger out how to post em here ???:beatsme ~Glenn

  145. #145digger242j2008-10-16 23:11

    Welcome, all of you new members! SidewinderGlenn, here's the tutorial on picture posting:

  146. #146SidewinderGlenn2008-10-17 05:03

    SidewinderGlenn Thanks Digger ! I've got a ton of pretty good pics from when I was on with your buddy Ralph ... when he was down here cutting the hill back ... to make Rt 2 wider between Weirton & Follansbee. BUT .... the little "Posting Rules" box down there v ... says "You may not post attachments" :ban :beatsme ~Glenn

  147. #147Steve Frazier2008-10-17 07:50

    One hour after you make another post an attachment icon among other things will magically appear on your screen:wink2

  148. #148SidewinderGlenn2008-10-17 17:29

    Well I'll be dipped in poop ! This place is awright ! You too Digger ! ~Glenn

  149. #149nctrnl2008-10-20 01:07

    Hi there, new to the forum. living in Memphis,tn. New to heavy equipment in these scales. I use to drive Forklift. But thats getting old and boring. I been researching on crane operator. I understand its a whole different animal,but I like operating equipment. Well I joined the forum, hopefully to find answers to some questions I have and to further my knowledge in this new career change I'm pursuing. I have been talking to so school, one of them is NAHETS. Has anyone had experience in their training?Thanks for the help.

  150. #150rocket1002008-10-20 02:40

    Hi all I currently work in a brown coal mine in Victoria. Have worked in eathmoving for the past18 years, pretty much since I left school. Can operate most items of plant. Have worked on 4 or 5 major freeway jobs and 3 river diversions but now have a permanant job in the mine. We use D11's and a feeder breaker system to load the coal onto the conveyors. Will post some pics when I learn how. Just thought I would say G'day and say what an excellent site. cheers

  151. #151WV_Logger2008-10-21 20:48

    lived in West Virginia all my life, logged all my life, I do everything there is to do in the woods, run skidder, loader, dozer a little, even cut timber but not enless i HAVE to.

  152. #152Pecord Exc2008-10-27 13:24

    Pecord Exc Hi guys my name is Rich I am in Westchester County NY, My father has a small excavating company that I work for on weekends during the week I am a dreaded inspector for a private engineering firm. Been on equipment since I could walk! I look foward to contributing to the site I definitly have some pretty good pictures to share soon! I am looking forward to it!

  153. #153gpap1232008-10-30 15:24

    Hi to all from beautiful Greece!!! I am a new civil engineer and i own few machinery such us cat 955L, jcb 3cx, bobcat 743, cat 307 ssr (gmm), Merlo (concrete maker), Mercedes Benz 808, 814 and 2635. I am happy to be here and i think i have many things to learn from all you! Sorry for my bad writing.....

  154. #154ForestDan2008-11-05 16:04

    Looking for advise I joined this group only minutes ago. I found Heavy Equipment while researching CTL use in the forestry industry, within which I operate. Anyone out there hauling logs on smaller forestry operations?

  155. #155Snowy2008-11-06 18:03

    G'day Guys. My name's Grant. I live in Sydney Australia. I recently purchaced my first machine which is a 30 tonne excavator. It's a 1988 model Hitachi UH143. I bought it to build motocross tracks on my mates property. He's also got a Case Backhoe, D2 Cat Dozer, a water truck, and a Ford tracktor. I came across this forum while looking for some information about my excavator. I am finding that there isn't much out there about the UH143...

  156. #156AtlasRob2008-11-08 13:03

    Welcome aboard Snowy, I'd be very intrested in seeing a picture of that machine if at all possible. From 1989 to 82 I was on a pipeline in Algeria, North Africa we had UH14 about 30t and twin engined UH20 about 70t Hitachi exc, at that time the only Hitachi's in the UK were radios I'm just wondering about the numbering :beatsme :drinkup

  157. #157Snowy2008-11-09 05:21

    She needs a bit of a clean, but here she is.

  158. #158AtlasRob2008-11-09 11:17

    Thanks Snowy. I'm putting my reply in the excavators section as it might be of intrest to others who might miss it here. :drinkup

  159. #159Ruffasacob2008-11-24 15:43

    Ruffasacob Hello, I just purchased a 1969 Case 580 TLB and was searching for information and found this site. I'm used to smaller farm tractors, Farmall A and Regular, Ford 8n, Fordson F, but this is my first Industrial style machine. It's just for home use and my user name describes the Case pretty well. I'm sure I'll learn alot from this site. Thanks, Ruff

  160. #160j&d2008-11-25 00:41

    Hi my name is Jeff. I'm a farmer in S.E. Iowa. Found your great site while browsing a long time ago. Appreciate the info and love the photos others are kind enough to share. Perhaps I can contribute somewhere along the line. I'm a rookie on this internet thing though. I decided to register because I have some questions I'll be asking real soon that I was sure the regulars on this site could help me with. I can't get the dirt moving bug out of my system. I worked for a nearby small contractor doing predominately farm work for 25 years operating dozers mostly and an occasional scraper,backhoe,and maybe even excavator once or twice. We recently purchased a dozer for our own use on the farm thinking I'd have time to sit in the seat. I am addicted to it. Now the neighbors and other contractors are calling wanting work done or help and I can't even get done harvesting. The list is getting longer and there is only one of me. What have I done. :Banghead

  161. #161CM19952008-11-25 07:55

    Welcome to the Forums Jeff!:drinkup Yep looks like ya' got tha' fever.

  162. #162wingnut2008-11-25 23:36

    Hi everone, My name is Larry. I have been a auto mechanic for about 25 years and thought that heavy equipment would be a change of pace in my life.. (I was getting burned out anyway) .... So, I got a hold of some older heavy equipment and thought I would start a small dozer, dirt, and gravel bussiness here in central Texas... I have 2 dozers ( one is a 1959 D-7 cat . and the other is a 1964 TD9 international ) A backhoe ( 1984 JCB 1400b ) and a 1977 C-60 dump truck ... HEY, Ive got to start somewhere right ? So , I thought I would come on this site and listen , talk , get advice "lots of advice" from yall and try to be part of the "crew" if yall have room... I enjoy fishing , learing , and trying to keep this old equip. working ... You guys sound like good company , hope you dont mind if I stick around a bit ? .... Larry

  163. #163Wilhelm9112008-11-27 09:49

    Wilhelm911 Hello Everyone, I'm Bryan and like most of you my life revolves around dirt. I live in eastern PA, right at the bottom of coal country. Been in the industry now for a little over 3 years. Started off as a laborer... today I'm running a 953C on a pipe crew. Dirt work is great but you can't beat laying pipe with double stacked boxes in rock down the middle of a road with water pouring in the ditch.... guess its a pipe guy thing..:beatsme Anyway I've been searching the forum finding some great information. Can't wait to share some pictures and conversation with you guys! :drinkup Bryan

  164. #164Polar Bear2008-11-28 16:43

    Hi all heavy equipment industry forum wery nice Wery difrent from the sat hobby Thenks for hat my onbord /Polar Bear

  165. #165Jeremy2008-12-16 15:13

    Jeremy COOL site!!! My names Jeremy. I work at Casey Equipment Co. in Arlington Hts., Illinios. I'm a Field mechanic/certified welder. I have been working at Casey since I was sixteen during the Summers, pressure washinf the equipment and sweeping floors.(Gotta start somewhere....right?) Went into the United States Air Force after graduation as a Heavy Equipment mechanic. After my time in the service I returned to Casey Equipment and have been back here since 1996. I'm currently working on helping Mike Rowe(Of Dirty Jobs) and several others like oursleves, build a "Trades Resource Center" on his new website. Its a PR Campaign for "hard work" and promoting the "skilled trades". mikeroweWORKS www.mikeroweworks.com Glad to be onboard here! Jeremy

  166. #166mally2008-12-20 09:17

    Hello from maine Hello, my name is Malcolm. I am currently employed by a new company in northern Maine. My duties are earthwork supervisor,estimating,job layout and site grading ,excavator and dozer operator, lowbed and dump truck driver,part time mechanic,and laborer. I have 17 years experience in construction including asphalt paving and concrete plant operations. This has to be the best site for construction i have ever seen. I have been visting this site for a year. After seeing the new laser forum i just had to become a member

  167. #167HEO Girl2008-12-31 13:02

    HEO Girl Hey there guys!!!! My names Katelyn and I'm just a crazy rough necks daughter. I live in the good ol' state of Maine!! ^.^ I'm a first year college student taking a general major but next year I'll be going to school for Heavy Equipment Operating!!! Buwhahaha. Feel the wrath of the female Heavy Equipment Operators!! =] I <3 Dirt!! Nice to meet yall!! =]

  168. #168AtlasRob2008-12-31 13:32

    Welcome aboard young lady, more like you is what our industry needs. Good luck. :drinkup

  169. #169Cmark2009-01-02 08:45

    Cmark Hello all I've been learning how to repair heavy plant every day for the past 25 years now. I keep waiting for my graduation letter, but it never arrives. Must be lost in the mail? Worked mainly on the Cat stuff for the last 20 so I'd like to think I can offer an opinion on tech problems with most Cat, some Komatsu and any other general non-manufacturer-specific problems. Just glad to help.

  170. #170HEO Girl2009-01-04 20:51

    Welcome to the forums Cmark! Enjoy!!!!!

  171. #171Dazman2009-01-05 00:52

    Hello All. Another member from Australia (West. Aus.) Do transport logistics for a limestone quarry. In the quarry itself (all CAT equipment) 4x 980's (F/G), a 966E a 988F, D11R and D9N. Plus a few mobile crushers/screen and occasionally a pugmill. Been reading this site for the last few months, so thought I'd register.

  172. #172TomCat795F2009-01-06 23:02

    Hi everyone I've been an equipment operator for the last 27 years. 7 years of road building, and now 20 years of open pit mining. Looks like a very cool forum!!!

  173. #173CM19952009-01-07 08:50

    Welcome to the Forums TomCat795F, glad to have you here.

  174. #174AtlasRob2009-01-08 11:45

    In that case you'll know that PICTURES are required only joking, welcome aboard, pictures are always welcome but not mandatery

  175. #175Dazman2009-01-08 19:01

    As soon I remember to get a battery for the camera, I will take some photo's for here.

  176. #176Colorado Digger2009-01-11 13:54

    i think i googled heavy equipment for sale and this came up. very helpful. thank you very much.bob

  177. #177MAC-EX2009-01-23 19:23

    * n g Hey gang, The name is Bill, greengillbill, or as logged, MAC-EX. I have been operating for around 15 yrs. Experienced in several aspects of operating. Overlot, residential-commercial, mainline, and service utilities. My fav machine prolly is the excavator. Heck, if its yellow, I like it. My first job, believe it or not, was moving houses. My step dad is a house mover and demolition contractor. I was 13 yrs old when I started that. Also first machine I operated was a 977 track loader, what kick in the pants. I like dirt, but I love destruction more. I finally decided to follow my dreams and start my own company. NO, I am not a weekender hack, NO, I am not undercutting my competition and cutting throats to get ahead. Now that we have that clear. lol But you gotta start somewhere, right? Hobbies include; Riding the Harley, hot rods, running yellow iron, building the business, drag racing (legally of course ) and drinkin beer :drainpipes gave that up. drank my share, now its some one Else's turn Hobbies I can afford: NONE lol:beats me See you guys around I am sure

  178. #178finaldrive2009-01-23 21:27

    Hello everyone, I'm Todd and I've been in the heavy equipment parts business for the last 13 years. I have extensive experience with Japanese and Korean excavators. Specifically Kobelco and Yutani. Also Komatsu, Samsung/Volvo, Daewoo/Doosan, Hyundai, Halla. I ran a company in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years. We were also a dealer for Koehring and Barko. We converted machines from excavators to log loaders and processors and also built attachments. At the same time we dismantled machines, specializing in Kobelco. My goal has always been to be a one stop shop for a customer and offer various options to solve their problem. I'm one of those guys that started at the bottom rung and worked their way up. Sometimes I miss the days of running parts. Currently I run a branch of a heavy equipment dismantling company based out of Buffalo, NY. I run the Riverside, CA branch. We also have branches in Ocala, FL and Edmonton, AB. We've dismantled over 3000 machines. Mainly excavators, wheel loaders and dozers. We've also done some scrapers and rock trucks. We're heavy into Komatsu and CAT. I also oversee the generic aftermarket business for our organization. Specifically Japanese and Korean excavator Final Drives (hence the name) We're the largest distributor for Final Drives in North America and also supply new Main Hydraulic Pumps, Turntable Bearings, Swing Motor Assemblies and Track Springs. I have a lot of knowledge with the above mentioned brands as well as Doosan/Daewoo, Hyundai, Samsung/Volvo, Halla, Kato and Mitsubishi. If it's a Japanese or Korean excavator, chances are I know about it or know the right people who can help. I hope to be a positive contributor to this site and help members solve problems. And of course I love talking about heavy equipment in general. Currently I oversee

  179. #179AtlasRob2009-01-24 12:58

    Welcome aboard finaldrive, thats an impressive presentation Your Hired :drinkup

  180. #180Bid2Win2009-01-25 10:18

    Hey all I been in this industry 15 years 10 years as a operator and the last 5 years an estimator in Chicagoland. It is nice to see a forum like this. I have been lurking for awhile.

  181. #181MikeH2009-02-01 00:52

    Hi!Everyone! I am Michael Huang, I am a R&D man work in a Chinese Machinery Company from 1994, I am glad to here to listen to the Voice of Customer's in American. Thank you!

  182. #182Randy882009-02-02 22:15

    Hello my name is Randy and I've been self employed for close to 25 years in farming and excavation for 10 now, several things I've learned over the years is the responsibility sits in my seat and do it right the first time and do it like it was your own, people have come to expect that from me they tell me, do it how you'd do it for yourself and I'll be happy. I own a lot of toys and the list is growing every day, I do what the big guys don't have time to do or redo what they did wrong so it works, I've found over the years if you don't comprimise quality and stand behind your work you'll be as busy as you want to be in life and set your own pace, I've been reading some of the posts here and I'd have to say finally I've found a group that has morals and businesslike manners that actually make sense and answer questions. I'm new to the computer thing and have a few patience and this too I shall learn. Someone once told me that lifes too short, you have to learn from others mistakes you don't have time to make them all yourself, he also told me the world is your sandbox now go out and play, remember the only thing you get out of life is the fun along the way and the friends you meet while having that fun

  183. #183Boomstick2009-02-03 21:33

    Hey, I work for a CAT dealer, ive been around heavy equipment off and on since I was a little turd. when i'm not working i'm knocking down steel plates at the gun range or i'm out coyote hunting, shooting prairie dogs, hunting upland game/waterfowl basically anything that has to do with firearms and the outdoors im all about it. I hope to learn alot here and just by the reading ive been doing for the last 3 or 4 days here i'm pretty shure I will.

  184. #184catstockblog2009-02-06 02:06

    Grew up in Peoria, parents worked at Cat; moved away to do other things. Now in the Bay Area, California. Would barely trust myself on a riding lawn mower but I'm hoping to learn perspectives on Cat from the people who use 'em.

  185. #185OffDIGGIN2009-02-06 09:55

    Offdiggin HI everone my name is Bob I been around construction equipment all my life my dad had a concrete compay. so thats where I started fallowing a backhoe with a shovle. then I ran bobcats,and then I got my first backhoe ** 50hx offset. now i got a terex 760 offset and peterbilt rolloff and I only dig footings for concrete contractors. looking forward to posting here never been on a forum before.

  186. #186dagsky2009-02-09 07:04

    Miner hey all great forum you got here! Hope to be useful to you all here and hope that i can lend a hand to you that are interested in mining in africa!

  187. #187miningman2009-02-10 15:21

    mining Hi everyone ! I'm a french student in mecanical engeneering, later I would like to design earthmovers. If possible, that would be large mining shovels as they are favourite machines. I love all modern surface mining equipments and I dream to travel the world to see they up close and working. I also collect die-cast models, with more and more mining machines in my collection. I'm trying to build a P&H 4100BOSS model in 1/50 : that's an hard job but, after months of work, it begins to look like a shovel ! I hope to give many infos and pics for this forum, and to meet new friends ! If you want to see some of my pics so far -> galleries MiningMan

  188. #188MaxNik2009-02-10 23:51

    MaxNik Hi, i've been working for CAT dealerships for over 5 years and thought i knew much about the market. It seems like i gonna learn tons more and i hope i could be of some use here:beerchug

  189. #189Lugghead2009-02-15 15:53

    Lugghead I've been running equipment for the better part of 15 years. Started out running mostly Bobcat's and Forklifts. Now, it's been boom trucks and cherry pickers. ALL the most important lessons I've learned have been OJT!! Luckily, I know that every old dog can learn new tricks, no matter how old the dog is!!!

  190. #190Top Dog2009-02-15 17:52

    Wow this is a neat site with a lot of experince and wisdom. I am new to this, I work for the local road dept. here in Arkansas, as the road supt. Been working with heavy equipment for the last 30 or so years, also have a couple of patents on some equipment I have made.

  191. #191Top Dog2009-02-15 17:55

    Are there any public works/road repair forums here?

  192. #192Top Dog2009-02-15 17:58

    I will spend a lot of time here, great place for knowledge.

  193. #193goodB0Y2009-02-18 00:12

    Big hello from the great white north, My names corey and I'm a heavy equipment operator here in b.c. Been working for 15yrs... dam the time flys...lol, and I just stumbled across this site and joined up.... look forward to chatin with ya all

  194. #194mudmaker2009-02-18 17:24

    My name is Marc. I am currently involved in residential construction. Mostly site work. Until last summer I owned a small ready mix operation (4 trucks). Really enjoyed doing that, but local market wasnt doing well so we cut our losses while we could. Looking at the econ now I am thankful we cleared out when we did!! Anyway, I have a Case 1845C and a Deere 310 SG.

  195. #195datsunman2009-02-21 08:41

    hey, I've run the big ones and the small ones, its all great :usa The largest was a LORAIN payloader that my dad bought from next door neighbor and it was a bugger to opperate. No brakes poor steering and the180 supercharged cummins had seized so out with it and in it went a FORD 390cubic inch fe block with clutch and 4spd tranny. A little different but hey it worked. So the hydrostatic of the Lorain still worked so we just shifted the 4spd into either 1st or 2nd and fired it up and once she was warmed up you could just hit fwd/rwd pedal and throttle the hell out of the 390.

  196. #196datsunman2009-02-21 09:11

    I got some pictures of my smallest (heavy equipment) at play time This is a car but has had some modifications. Was and still is a Datsun 210. I call it the Datsun, she pulls, pushes, plows snow, hoists and drags and turns some curious heads. These pics are from her play day at the fair in Goodhue county Mn in 2008, the event was a truck pull. The class was 5500# and my datsun weighed in at 3300# despite all the concrete I'd filled the back seat and trunk with. I was told that she pulled past a number of trucks so those poor fellows had to explain to their wives or girl friends how come a little car just out pulled their truck despite all the mods and money they had just put in it. I got an amaizing 184' and some inches from the start before the little Datsun booooggged down and spun. I she did all that with just 2wd, the trucks were all 4wd.

  197. #197datsunman2009-02-28 19:04

    The Datsun is well known for pulling power, the secret is 2 transmissions and a 4.33-1 axel ratio and the 7.60x15 tractor treaded tires. I have a video of her pulling in a 5500# truckpull class. Some day I'll figure out how to post the video.

  198. #198PRDiesel2009-03-04 19:30

    PRDiesel Can't believe I didn't find this site sooner! I operate a Kobelco sk210lc every chance I get and do all the maintenance on this machine as well as others. I now work in real estate development but in the office not in the field. This job is killing me... all I think about is being in that Kebelco!! I ran that machine all through college and got this job when I graduated but its just not quite doing it for me. I hope to someday be back in the operators seat for good. (hence the daydreams)

  199. #199Hendrik2009-03-05 22:29

    Yet another wannabe owner/operator G day folks, Thought I do the polite thing and introduce myself, my name is Hendrik Riessen and I live in the Adelaide Hills, that's in South Australia. I own a Kobelco SK005 (half tonne ex) and a walk behind mini dumper. Now that the kids have reached school age it is time to give up my job as house husband and get back into hard work. The missus is fed up with her current gig and has been making noises along the lines that she wants to get into garden maintenance. The plan is to specialize in small, tight, difficult jobs that the bigger machines can't do or won't do, along with general garden work/light landscaping and such. Basically do whatever to make a buck and enjoy working more. I have been a member of other forums and chat list and have found them to be great sources of info and support and look forward to the same here. I started my working live on the land operating broadacre farm equipment, with the occasional foray into earthmoving stuff and have a couple of hundred hours on backhoes/excavators. That is not a great deal but I am a competent and safe operator, you have to be to do a decade on the land and walk away with all limbs and digits attached. I also like to do all my own maintenance (as far as possible anyway) and am a great believer in looking after the machines to ensure a minimum of breakdowns. In order to get our little venture up and running I still have a few things on the list, for those who are interested or may be thinking of doing similar here is a run down: The SK005 is pretty much ready to go, new engine, three buckets, better seat, no hyd leaks and everything works as it should. The walk behind dumper (of Asian origin but has a Honda motor) needs a new set of V belts to ensure it's reliability, the gear selector broke due to previous rough operators forcing the gear change but that has been fixed. I am going to build a set of removable hungry boards for light material. The carry vehicle (97 dual cab Izuzu ute) needs a set of helper springs to carry the load better (500kg ex, 200kg dumper and probably another 100kg in tools and ramps and such), it is rated at a tonne capacity but a bit saggy with a load. I have a old luggage rack to fit onto the top of it, so I can put my buckets and other bits and pieces up there in a lock up toolbox. To finish it off a bit of signwriting on the sides and it will be good to go. On the admin side of things I have to register a trading name, which at this stage may be Tiny Earthworks and Garden Services, I reckon that is a pretty descriptive name for what we wanna do. I need to get some insurance (any recommendations from Oz members?) because you shouldn't leave home without it. Then I have to let people know I am open for business, which will involve a variety of ads in local papers/notice boards and a letter campaign to local plumbers, landscapers, sparkys and whoever else I can think of that might need a micro excavator/dumper service. Unfortunately it is a bit expensive to get going but I have budgeted pretty well I think and not spend a fortune on equipment, which will allow me to have a fair sized advertising budget. Anyway sorry for the long intro and feel free to ask or advise me. Happy digging

  200. #200RocksnRoses2009-03-06 01:03

    Welcome to the Forum, Hendrik, it's good to have another 'croweater' on board, a few more and we'll have 'em out numbered. :drinkup Rn'R.

  201. #201Hendrik2009-03-06 03:58

    Ahh yes our plan is working quite well.............hahhhaa..... today the earthmoving forum, tomorrow the world, although at the moment they are probably looking for someone to take the world off their hands

  202. #202Squizzy246B2009-03-06 05:11

    ....more croweaters! Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Hendrik. Make yourself at home. ....neighbourhood is shot to pieces

  203. #203Hendrik2009-03-06 17:30

    You just get back into that sand and grope around some more

  204. #204datsunman2009-03-11 03:23

    here's a few more pics of the datsun's power supply and some of the modifications I've put on it. Like the snowplow?

  205. #205danc2009-03-13 06:59

    danc Hello all, I’m new to this great site. I bought an Hitachi EX 120 , and a benford 6 ton dumper. First time driving an excavator, so a lot to learn after the basics. I hope to maintain both myself too, don’t mind getting the spanners out.

  206. #206Grader4me2009-03-14 09:02

    I like it!! lol Welcome to HEF! You will pick up alot of good operating tips here.

  207. #207Graham2009-03-17 17:43

    Hi, I'm new here but was on the DHS forums...

  208. #208chinese backhoe2009-03-19 01:03

    Hi,I am new one here. My name is Amanda working for a equiment company.Welcome all friends to contact me.

  209. #209datsunman2009-03-26 10:28

    The biggest equipment I've operated and maintained here is a picture of it.

  210. #210lgp2009-03-28 14:33

    new guy Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I worked on many different machines in Scotland and in South Australia. Don't operate any more but miss the bloody things a lot! Great forum - like the "old iron" bit, reminds me of some of the old crap I used to drive.

  211. #211AtlasRob2009-03-28 16:45

    Welcome aboard lgp thanks for joining us :yup I hope you have some pictures of you travels and experience to share. :drinkup

  212. #212RocksnRoses2009-03-28 19:03

    Welcome to the Forum, lgp. Tell us a bit more about your time in South Australia. Rn'R.

  213. #213lgp2009-03-29 01:24

    Hi Rn'R, Spent time in Adelaide during the 80's and 90's. Worked for Renfrey Excavations mostly operating the old pre-pilot control Katos. Later worked for Adelaide Civil, mostly on a Hitachi EX 220 and a D6 swampy. Last job I did for them was a big landscaping scheme for the MFP at Gillman in Adelaide with the old D6 - no bloody air conditioning in 40+ degrees, no good for a poor old Scotsman! Cheers

  214. #214Gadgetman2009-03-29 11:17

    Hey from the Heartland From central KS, yup in the farming industry. Have done many things through my career,but most have involved building of some form or another. Do operate equipment and jump in trucks when I get the chance. Im currently the project manager for a large fertilizer outfit. Much of their equipment is custom built,that's where I come in. They always suck me back in that dang shop. Thought I would share a few of my projects here,as this bunch would understand the scope and work involved. Cool site BTW, lots of reading to do!

  215. #215RocksnRoses2009-03-29 16:40

    Renfrey's are still around, they went through a rough patch, but they survived and Adelaide Civil are still going, they built a marina at Port Vincent a few years ago. From what I was hearing, the quality of the equipment hadn't changed that much. Rn'R.

  216. #216CAT_D-8N2009-03-30 12:02

    Hi all new to the group my sn is CAT_D8N not a total newbie to the construction world been running equipment since I was about 6 years old have a 1978 JD 310a backhoe loader have run many kinds of equipment including d8s pc400 shovel loaders skid loaders and so forth have worked in the field full time since 2002 but started in 200 after school part time have done everything from cuts and fills to fine grading sewer storm water manes foundations and skeptics’ anything in-between have not done any demo work but it looks like it would be a blast also have had some time in forestry work as well running skidders anything else just ask. Colin:drinkup

  217. #217mrfixitpaul2009-03-30 12:39

    mrfixitpaul Hello to all, I guess my friends call me mr. fixit cause I'll try to fix most anything and succeed more often than not. I was a Bobcat field tech for 9 years before moving to Maine in 2004, and still work on a few machines now and then. I don't have much experience operating but have helped out on the site work at about half a dozen new houses in the last couple of years.

  218. #218Komatsu Bucyrus2009-04-07 06:35

    Hello to all, I Japanese. Old earthmovers Very the favorite. My Homepage http://www55.tok2.com/home2/history/ Thank You.

  219. #219Squizzy246B2009-04-07 07:20

    Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums

  220. #220Neolt2009-04-07 09:07

    New! Hello everyone, I am pleased to be part of this group of enthusiasts. :bouncegri I have learned a lot by reading here. and I hope to learn more. I can not wait to share with you my equipment. (Amongst others the Hough HAH 1950 as you can see on my avatar) Greetings! Excuse my English, I'm french Canadian :canada

  221. #221Squizzy246B2009-04-07 09:24

    Neolt, Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums

  222. #222Squizzy246B2009-04-07 09:25

    Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums

  223. #223stock2009-04-07 15:53

    Welcome all Stock

  224. #224Bootguy2009-04-08 16:13

    I spent 7 summers as a logger working various skidders, dozers, and large tractors. After those 7 lucky years of no injuries(not counting so many bruises and cuts) I decided to work for myself and started a ladscaping business. It started out as a lot of grass mowing which paid the bills and allowed me to buy a good size tractor and various attachments and implements. Now, I have purchased my first mini ex.(used) and I am doing much bigger jobs. I am enjoing it and making ok $$$. Slow steady growth of the business works for me. Great Site!

  225. #225Psychotiller2009-04-08 16:38

    Howdy! Well, I've been around all types of machines my whole life. Last year I decided to go get certified on Heavy Equipment. It feels good to at least be able to show credentials right :beatsme work is slow though, so even though I am at work right now, I spend most of my time on my laptop. When I'm not online looking for more work, I'm running an Excavator. Anyone else on this forum from Southern Cal?

  226. #226ja pop2009-04-12 07:38

    ja pop thank you!!!

  227. #227Planenut992009-04-12 20:24

    Hello all, After maintaining airplanes for 27 years, I took a job about a year ago assisting running a shop that maintains excavating equipment. My duties range from performing maintenance to ordering parts/tooling and assigning work scope. We have about 15 excavators (mostly Komatsu), 7 dozers, dump trucks, backhoes, crew trucks, etc. I look forward to learning all this new stuff! I've already picked up on quite a bit here prior to joining. Jeff

  228. #228bill53622009-04-12 21:05

    Welcome to HEF Planenut99

  229. #229rikk2009-04-19 01:02

    hey there im rik ive joined to sort a few problems with an old jcb 3cx / 1400b that ive bought but cant post yet so ill just say hi and answere a few post till i become of age as you might say cheers rik

  230. #230stock2009-04-19 04:43

    Welcome to the forum rikk hope you have some pictures for us. Stock

  231. #231Captain Call2009-04-29 01:09

    Hello.......I'm new here. My dad had a dirt company in So Cal until the late 80's. Some old timers in the Orage County area might remember Stellway Excavating. Anyways, I run iron now. Although I must admit, I check grade most of the time. I live in Utah but this winter I came down to So Cal for some work (wierd since it's soooooo slow down there) but I pulled some strings and kept busy.

  232. #232Rocksteady2009-04-30 17:46

    Greetings everyone. Glad to have found this forum. Still trying to get into the industry as an operator. I got my CDL and NCCER cert. a few years ago after getting out the Army.

  233. #233amunderdog2009-04-30 20:57

    Hello all. Was wandering around the info super hwy and some how ended up here. Do not know why i had never seen this rest stop before. Anyway. I am a backhoe operator and Truck driver. Have been running Case Backhoes for over 20yrs Truck driver as many years. Now i own a backhoe - dozer - trackloader - dump truck - farm tractor. They are all like me (About wore out) but they are here and paid for. So we get together and do things. wonder which of us will die first?

  234. #234JonesBros2009-04-30 23:21

    Greetings fellow Dirt Mechanics I'm 24 years old and have been running machinery since I was about 13. My fathers owns an excavation company and he has been in business for over 37 years now. If your on the east coast and happen to get a Rish Reporter (Komatsu mag) then for February you'll see us on the cover & on the inside. We've got quite the collection of equipment ranging from a brand new 2008 420E Backhoe w/ 8.2 hours (mine personally) to a Komatsu 220LC-6 w/ a 55 foot long reach boom to a pair of matching Cat 12G Graders and everything in between. I mostly run a Badger 670 hydraulic rubber tired excavator, a Cat 2004 Cat 420D backhoe, a 95 Athey 7-12 Forcefeed loader, a 12G grader, 200LC-8 Komatsu Excavator and the list just goes on and on. Glad to be a part of the forum here and just looking to bum around and learn something and add what little bit of info i may know. Thanks guys!

  235. #235joeeye592009-05-02 13:20

    Where are you on the East Coast? I'm here in CT in New Haven County...

  236. #236NatureBoy2009-05-15 19:15

    Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally registered. I've got an interesting background I guess... I'm 22 years old and have 2 years of college done. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Virginia Air National Guard and my job will be Equipment Operator. I'm excited about getting into it, and I'm really hoping my military experience will lead me to a fulltime EO position as well. Hopefully things will turn around here soon and those of us that are hurting will be experiencing good times shortly!

  237. #237JonesBros2009-05-16 00:32

    We're located in Farnham, Virginia. Little small town on the upmost peninsula on the eastern side.

  238. #238ibdan612009-05-16 03:24

    ibdan61 Hello all, my name is Dan as you have probably figured out. I stumbled on to this site while researching a piece of equipment I was dispatched to operate. I have been a member of IUOE Local 12 for 12 years now but I have been on various pieces since I was tall enough to reach the pedals...lol. Grandpa owned a general engineering company called Elm St Const in MA and I have been here in Central CA since '83 working as an operator. The reason I was researching a machine I was dispatched to run is because I have run almost brand and size of excavators from lil daewoo and kubota minis all the way up to grandpas 1266 Koehring and his American 575 Crawler Crane w/cable backhoe attachment and for the life of me I have never heard of or seen a John Deere EX750. I worked for this company once before and ran their Hitachi EX750 and the only thing I can think is that they painted it yellow and put JD stickers on it.....lol. Once again ...hello all and I am off to surf this site. Dan

  239. #239ibdan612009-05-16 03:37

    Hey there ForestDan where the heck are you logging in SoCal????.....lol

  240. #240gregg2009-05-17 10:10

    gregg new to the forum thanks for your patience in advance. Not really in the industry as a professional heavy equipment operator but have a bobcat that gives me a problem from time to time. I'm an electrician by trade and now in the wind generator business. Been around equipment all my life one way or another. Originally from Iowa now in Texas. Anyway thanks for your time hope I can be of help to some out there some day.

  241. #241willie592009-05-17 10:25

    Welcome aboard! There are a number of Bobcat folks that hang out here, what model do you have?

  242. #242gregg2009-05-17 11:09

    gregg model #753

  243. #243willie592009-05-17 11:20

    Cool! Now you've got your three posts out of the way and you can access the site's features.

  244. #244hollywood2009-05-17 17:01

    Hollywood Hey everyone. I just found these forums. I have been around trucks, heavy equipment and the transportation industry for 25 years. I am a Corporate Technician Trainer for the largest trucking company in the US. I hope I can be of help and a contributer to these forums.

  245. #245maq2009-05-20 13:28

    maq I just dropped by to introduce myself. I am in the Dallas, TX area and I do not currently have any equipment. I am originally from the Pittsburgh area where I had my own construction company focusing on concrete wall construction. We had a few pieces of equipment but not where we focused our energy. I am now curious about getting more involved in the excavation end of it all and doing the research it takes before making a commitment.

  246. #246Madcanadian2009-05-20 14:49

    Mad Hey guys. I have been operating grader since I was 16, so twenty years or so, with a mixture of logging equipment and construction equipment thrown in. Most of my experience is in the forest industry with some finishing thrown in, spring breakup is time for some finishing. We have a few graders with the new one a 872D. Found some very interesting posts so I thought I would throw in my 2 cents now and again. Take it easy.

  247. #247council_worker22009-05-22 08:14

    new member from australia hi everyone, iam a council worker from adelaide and thought id join the forum now im back operating machinery.i got my ticket for an excavator about 5,6 years ago and spent aprox 2 years operating a 320b cat 20t esky and operating a 924 cat loader every now and again and driving the beloved and clapped out cat dump truck the size 15 and a 30 t pay load trucks. i have only really ever done mainly bulking and carting work. i then went into infrastructure maintance and didnt operate machinery for the last couple of years. but have gone to work for the local council in the last couple of weeks doing foot path reinstatements so now i am operating again. currently i am driving a truck with a 8spd dog box and trailer i spend more time pulling trailers to and from site(lol) i operate a little 1.5 t excavator, a john derre 744j loader, a cat 938 i think it is loader a 4 t roller and also tow the caravan and toilet to site. i also do most of the carting and loading of trucks down to our site as we have our own stock piles in the yard its different being back out in the construction side of things again im almost bored lol because im not out driving around doing nothing anymore like maintance but im sure ill get over it. anyways id thought id join up and have a few yarns with some operators from around the world as its not what i know its what i can learn that will make me a better operator

  248. #248xrdave2009-05-28 07:50

    Hi everyone, my name is Dave. Im from Queensland Australia and have a few acres at Meandarra (part time farmer).Looking forward for advice on dozers and other farm equipment. Dave.

  249. #249stock2009-05-28 18:04

    Welcome enjoy and do not forget some pictures Stock

  250. #250xrdave2009-05-29 03:23

    Hey stock, i got plenty of pics will post some soon.

  251. #25179oakley2009-06-08 23:00

    79oakley

  252. #25279oakley2009-06-08 23:05

    79oakley i just joined for the porpuse of my dad. he has a early 90s case 1845c skid steer. well he was using it to hold a tank up he was cutting with a torch and a spark got down in the belly pan and started a fire. long story short when i got there my dad was in tears and the fire dept was leaving not a good day. so if anyone knows were one is setting with a bad motor or pump problems. could you please contact me. my dad is lost without it. thanks.

  253. #253Essayons2009-06-16 14:15

    Essayons, i joined because this is one of the coolest forums i have found. There is everything an equipment junkie could want to find in here. I work for the corp and we test military vehicle mobility so i do a good bit of heavy equipment hauling as well as operating (equipment and test vehicles). We have 2 D7F's, a 12G, and numerous other specialized military vehicles. Its a cool job.

  254. #254MrKomatsu2009-06-16 17:50

    27 plus years climbing on this yellow iron.....U.S Army to most of the major dealers...last 14 yrs. Komastu.....Now i am a Service Manager at a Heavey Equipment Repair shop....Ed is the name.

  255. #255MrKomatsu2009-06-16 18:17

    this is a test... this are my machines.......not really mine but u know... :usa :usa :usa

  256. #256jmacrust2009-06-19 07:51

    Wind generators, hey Gregg. Poor bugger - you realize that without the government incentives those things are money pits, right?

  257. #257PipeLayer2009-06-24 13:26

    PipeLayer Hello, my name is Mike. I grew up around heavy equipment. My dad has tried to keep me away from the industry. He has had to work his butt off and he wanted wanted me do something else. He has made great money, but has realized there are easier ways to make it. Well, to make a long story short: I work for a underground utilities contractor here in Phoenix, Arizona as a Project Manager / Estimator. We have a large fleet of Trenchers and specailize in hard rock. My father is proud of the direction I have taken. If you have any question, Just ask. Mike

  258. #258stock2009-06-24 13:44

    Cead mile failte to the forum Mike And Do you have any pictures of your operation??

  259. #259M.E.R.2009-06-24 13:55

    M.e.r. Just wanted to say hey. I've been in the family construction business for almost 10 years but due to the times we decided to close while ahead. I now paint heavy equipment and trucks in Cincinnati.

  260. #260PipeLayer2009-06-24 13:58

    Pictures Thanks, There is a picture of one of our threnchers working in my post for Euipment for sale. I will post some more in a little bit.

  261. #261PipeLayer2009-06-24 14:16

    Here are a few pictures of what we do These pictures are from a Project we had back in 2004

  262. #262M.E.R.2009-06-24 14:18

    Thats a cool operation you got there

  263. #263M.E.R.2009-06-24 14:20

    My work Going to try and post up pics of my work in the showtime section soon

  264. #264PipeLayer2009-06-24 15:55

    Thanks. I just wish there was more of it going on right now.

  265. #265leftyokie2009-06-29 19:24

    howdy from oklahoma! im from nothern oklahoma. i'm trying to get a pasture clearing business going here, i have been reading alot of the posts and there seems to be a huge amount of expierence on this site. i look forward to being around for awhile. thanks to all that post your stories and ideas. Jason

  266. #266willie592009-06-29 20:29

    Welcome to the forum leftyokie. :usa If you put in one more post you'll be off probationary status and have access to the forums features. What kind of equipment do you have to perform the work?

  267. #267leftyokie2009-06-29 20:39

    thanks i am in the building stage. i am researching equipment now, im looking to buy one skid steer, grapple bucket, tree shear, i would like to buy a mulching head but my budget may not allow that. over time i hope to be able to grow into more and larger equipment. i have been looking at the bobcat a300 for its aws feature if i was to get some yard jobs for minimal disturbance, but im really liking the asv's however they are pretty high. i am going to have to stay around 50k start up. thanks again. Jason

  268. #268willie592009-06-29 21:23

    That sounds good. I hope things work out well for ya Jason.

  269. #269dozerdave2009-06-30 02:00

    Hi Folks, I think I found this site while Googleing around for The Greatest Show On Tracks, maybe. I am Dave and joined HEF recently and enjoy most of what I read here and I am learning plenty also. I joined O.E. Local 3 in 1957 and am still paying dues. I worked my way from a cat skinner to a project manager so I guess I did ok. The first time I ran a dozer with a johnson bar I thought I had the world by the tail.

  270. #270willie592009-06-30 19:50

    I haven't heard that one for a while. Welcome to the forum dozerdave. :usa

  271. #271OCR2009-06-30 21:37

    Same here, first I ever ran. 1949 D6 9u, same age as I am... lol I was about 5 years old. Uncle owns it now, still runs and occasionally in use. Welcome aboard, dozerdave... :thumbsup OCR

  272. #272shiggy2009-07-02 18:27

    hi to all 2 year blade operator here, new to the forums. -shiggy

  273. #273Grader4me2009-07-02 20:10

    Welcome to HEF Shiggy :drinkup Looking forward to your posts!

  274. #274lj19832009-07-09 10:00

    Hi all, i'm new to the thread....I ran a CAT 777 for a year on the east coast, now i'm working on the maintenance and improvement side of things in the west. stuff is alot bigger out here that i'm used to. hoping to tap into some of the experience and knowledge here.

  275. #275MrKomatsu2009-07-09 10:36

    :usa..Welcome aboard..........:drinkup:usa

  276. #276cluk132009-07-13 22:49

    hi all. I'm an RI based owner operator. I run a cat 420D which has been a pretty solid machine through its first 4000 hrs. Just pluggin along through these slow times :usa

  277. #277willie592009-07-13 22:59

    Welcome to the forum cluk13.

  278. #278Thom Cat2009-07-15 00:59

    Hi Guys, Retired from 14 yr government operator/instructor in Pa. , and 9 yrs subcontracting in Fla. I really miss playin in the dirt!!!

  279. #279countrylife2009-07-15 15:09

    Retired from a desk job. The only equipment time I have is on a farm tractor with a loader, but I don't think that counts much. I am looking to buy an excavator and wheel loader to help out on my folks ranch.

  280. #280scraperad2009-07-16 07:19

    Hi to all. The name is Alan. I found HEF using google when looking for info on a Cat D8H. I have been involved on and off with machinery for some time. The first machine I learnt to drive was a Cletrac mobel BDH. Have had experience on International TD9 then moved over to scrapers. The first was an old Inter E200 then CAT 613. Progressed to CAT 623s and 627. Last was 627F with router in the bowl. My hobbies include making 1/25 scale plastic models of equipment from scratch. Will post some pics later. This is a great site very interesting.

  281. #281MrKomatsu2009-07-16 07:29

    Welcome scraper......... there are a lot of great guys and gals here that have loads of useful info.....remember no ? is a dumb ?......take care ....

  282. #282Ryanrb252009-07-16 09:41

    hey guys, I wish i found this forum earlier...I'm Ryan, 24yo from Adelaide Australia. My position is workshop manager at a moderate sized construction company that concerntrate on Earthmoving, Earthboring and Surveying. Our fleet consists of 8 skidsteer bobcats from S185, s250 and s300s. 3 435 bobcat excavators, A g930 volvo Grader, 120h Cat Grader, Kawasaki 65zv Loader, Numerous 2.5t 7t and 13t Bomag rollers, 24t Volvo excavator, 21t and 12t Sumitomo Excavators, New holland 90.B Backhoe. all machines are late 05 onwards. FM12, NH12 and N10 Trucks and various other machines. Introduced to heavy machinery over the last couple of years. Im a fitter and Turner by trade but moved into the industry purely for the machines. Hope to learn and help out on these forums.

  283. #283MrKomatsu2009-07-16 10:41

    Welcome aboard :usaWelcome Ryan, We are here for ya.....take care and be safe.........:drinkup

  284. #284gshockxc2009-07-16 21:15

    Hey to all. I'm not much of an operator. I'm just a desk jockey and I like to learn. When I was a kid, my dad threatened me with, "What do you want to do for the rest of your life, dig ditches?" Sitting behind a desk all day, with a master's degree in engineering, I can honestly say my answer is a resounding, "Yes!" I've operated a dozer, bucket loader, backhoe, and some other small stuff, but not enough to call myself an "operator." My interests? This stuff. Here for me is upstate NY.

  285. #285gshockxc2009-07-16 21:17

    gshockxc Sorry folks, forgot to put my name in the subject line. p.s. is there a classified section? I'm looking to pick up some equipment, and I'm not sure what the best places are to start looking for stuff.

  286. #286MrKomatsu2009-07-17 07:27

    :usawelcome.......where in upstate?:usa

  287. #287gshockxc2009-07-17 07:29

    Albany area for now. Moved up from Binghamton, but grew up in the Adirondacks. :drinkup

  288. #288MrKomatsu2009-07-17 07:34

    nO WAY...SMALL WORL...bORN AND RAISE IN UTICA......BN in texas 4 30 yrs now....

  289. #289gshockxc2009-07-17 07:43

    grew up just north of there, father used to work in Utica. Small world indeed. What's happening in TX? Not missing much in NYS, except our bumbling gov't.:Banghead

  290. #290MrKomatsu2009-07-17 07:47

    i know. i had summer place up there in the foot of the park....its frickin triple digits down here.....just trying to get some work in the shop....

  291. #291D1552009-07-18 08:24

    I'm another New Yorker. Been hanging around here for a while. Work in a Komatsu dealership.

  292. #292MrKomatsu2009-07-20 06:48

    What dealer D155? and where's it located.........Us yankees got 2 stick 2 gether..lolol

  293. #293D1552009-07-20 19:10

    Anderson Equipment. I work at the Endicott branch.

  294. #294MrElectric032009-07-20 19:52

    MrElectric03 Hello all, my name is Ryan. Im 23 years old and am a Field Tech for a Komatsu dealer. I started my career at a CAT dealer at age 19 working in the equipment yard until they found out I can turn wrenches and put me in the shop. In my off time I enjoy drag racing. I have a 2001 WS6 Trans Am im working on as well as a 1968 Firebird 400 that I am restoring. I have learned alot in my few years in the industry and hope to use this site to possibly learn a bit more.

  295. #295MrKomatsu2009-07-21 07:10

    D155, I worked for Waukesha-Pearce Industries here in Houston Tx. for 14 years...Houston is the main branch. There are 12 branchs.....Now i'm a service manager for a small repair busines...

  296. #296D1552009-07-21 18:49

    Cool cool. We have 14 branches. 7 in NY, 5 in PA and 2 in WV.

  297. #297Crocker2009-07-26 16:00

    Greetings . I am just a guy with a few old machines that I use on my property here in NE Pa from time to time I get my share of troubles from these old relelics AC HD 7W dozer / IH 250 B trackloader / and 2 Dynahoe 160 Backhoes. and I always really could use the help ,From just lurking around here for a while Ive learned alot that has hepled me fix some of my issues and I do appreciate all the great info here , Jeff .

  298. #298willie592009-07-26 16:22

    Welcome to the forum Crocker. :usa I used to operated drill rigs that were mounted on Allis Chalmers/Fat Allis machines. HD-6, FD-7, HD-9, and HD-11 rigs.

  299. #299Crocker2009-07-26 18:54

    Thanks for the welcome Atco, Yea that Hd 7 is some little dozer although her bottom has seen better days the 3-71 runs like a dream , she has given me very little trouble and being she is over 60 yrs old its amazes me everytime I ask her to do some work she powers rite up and gives me all she got all day long .

  300. #300willie592009-07-26 19:19

    3-71 Detroit. Cool! I have to tell you...we have an unwritten rule 'round here...we love pics.

  301. #301Crocker2009-07-27 11:01

    Ive seen that, lots of great photos here , well I will have to get the camara out and snap some shots

  302. #302micah2009-07-27 12:36

    hi my name is micah i have a few acres in ohio , i drive truck and do some welding, i have 2 backhoes a case and a jcb, just a a hobby i rebuild old tractors in my spare time and i like to hunt but have never been hunting out of ohio, but i have drove truck all over the us, but i stay with in 300 miles of ohio with this last job and like it.

  303. #303EGS2009-07-27 20:37

    Hi I work for a big heavy and highway company in Wisconsin. I usually run a Cat 385 some times when we are slow I run a 345. I will get some pics we have lots of equipment new 345d's 385's 740 and 773 haul trucks new d6t's and 16m grader with GPS D9's and D10's for pushing 631g's the list goes on and on.

  304. #304stock2009-07-28 00:34

    Good lord lad bring'em on! no dawdling now kan't you see we's waiting....

  305. #305willie592009-07-28 00:39

    stock, your reply is...priceless! Welcome to the forum EGS and show us some iron.

  306. #306stock2009-07-28 00:47

    Do you realise how early it is and I am up keeping you entertained,by the way check out the MSDS thread in TGIF surprised you haven't commented on it ATCO?

  307. #307dirtjockey2009-07-28 15:18

    Awesome site and great idea - Thank you

  308. #308heavy062009-08-03 05:50

    heavy06 im a heavy hauler from lodi ohio been pulling a lowboy off and on for 10 years some coal bucket work. when im not movin iron im riding my 4 wheeler polaris i drive a w900 with a triaxle trailking

  309. #309-3Doc2009-08-03 15:21

    -3Doc Hi guys I am 52 and a licenced HD mechanic from Vancouver Island BC Canada, I have been running and fixing all types of machinery from the time I graduated high school. I now have my own business repairing machinery, as my name implies I have found myself repairing lots of problems with Hitachi -2 and -3 machines, also Hiab cranes and radio remotes hope to be able to help some of you guys out with your troubles.:canada

  310. #310willie592009-08-03 20:09

    Welcome to the forum -3Doc. :usa I've ordered some -2 Hitachi parts from an outfit in Vancouver in the past...the name escapes me at the moment.

  311. #311stock2009-08-03 20:55

    Well ATCO we all have 7 holes in our head and they all leak,sure I vellcommed -3 already but no harm velcomme again....

  312. #312willie592009-08-03 21:14

    Are you up early entertaining me again stock? :lmao Always a pleasure to hear from ya me lad!

  313. #313stock2009-08-04 00:02

    Yea insomnia is hell to sleep with.

  314. #314tpoag2009-08-04 21:53

    I'm located in Evansville, Indiana and have been an equipment "junkie" for years. Owned a part-time tractor parts and implement business for 8 years, dealing mostly with the old Ford tractors. Just bought a JCB 1400B to do a little work around the property. I am sure I will need some help finding parts. Looking for a parts manual right now if anybody know where I can find one!

  315. #315mule2009-08-05 13:41

    hello Mule here,thanks to Stock for diverting me here,love the big iron so as were invited we will sit a spell and watch what goes before we start to up set you all. Mule

  316. #316stock2009-08-05 13:54

    Now Mule do not go telling tales out of School...

  317. #317mule2009-08-05 14:10

    Whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander remember.

  318. #318stock2009-08-05 14:13

    We shall see great to have you here .

  319. #319willie592009-08-05 19:30

    A friend of Stock is a friend here! Welcome to the forum Mule.

  320. #320BigK752009-08-06 14:20

    Hello All: My name is Claude I am manager of IT and I live in London, Ontario. The reason I am here is because I have family in Europe who deal with teeth for front loaders, backhoes and excavators. They have tasked me with finding information possibility of adding an office in Ontario, Canada that sells aftermarket teeth made in Spain. I know absolutely nothing about them nor do I have much time to investigate since I have a full time job. I have come here do learn more about these accessories and report back to them on the viability of them opening shop here. In a couple of hours here I have learned more then I ever knew about these teeth. I hope to continue to learn more in the upcoming months. Thanks, Claude Thanks, Claude

  321. #321kustom2009-08-09 09:28

    Hello Hello All, Just found you site a couple of days ago, looks like a great site. I am a retired excavating company owner (25 years in business) who has kept a few pieces to play with. I have been retired for 10 years, my hobbies are racing, shooting and travel. Kustom

  322. #322willie592009-08-09 10:10

    Welcome to the forum kustom. :usa What pieces have you kept to play with?

  323. #323kustom2009-08-09 16:29

    ATCOEQUIP, I kept a 1 Cat 312 excavator, 1 Cat 950E loader, 1 Cat D3C XL dozer, and a Ford LTS-8000 tandem dump to work on my new property & home. As I am finishing my new home I sold the D3C XL dozer, and the 950E. Kustom

  324. #324willie592009-08-09 17:07

    Cool! Some nice equipment.

  325. #325TiminIN2009-08-31 21:09

    Hello Howdy! Full time farmer, part time excavator from N. Indiana. Glad I found this forum.

  326. #326Steve Frazier2009-08-31 22:34

    Welcome Tim!!:drinkup

  327. #327stock2009-09-01 01:58

    Welcome Tim enjoy the forum.

  328. #328Bumpsteer2009-09-02 13:12

    Hi all! Long time lurker here at hef, figured I would finially sign up and jump in. I've been a part time owner operator for over 20 years now, doing small jobs with my 743 Bobcat. Did the commerical snow removal gig for about 10 years too. Still help out friends in the excavating business when they need it, preferrably running their equipment. :tong My equipment is mostly for personal use now......we own 180 acres and it seems there's always something that needs attention. I also cut way more firewood than a fellow should have to and do salvage logging to support my woodworking habit. Ed

  329. #329stock2009-09-02 14:45

    A hearty welcome come in sit a spell and enjoy the chat.

  330. #330TimHay2009-09-03 00:22

    TimHay Hey everone great site you have here. just reading some threads and every one seems pretty cool I bought my first skid steer at age 16. Bought my dad out three years age age 26 he had for cats; 7E,7G, with cable scrapers, 5h, grader; 140g and champion740, trackhoe;690E, 2western star dump trucks, a pete 4wheel drive tactor, belly dump, low bed, Gravel pup and wagon. I have since invested in a new 270D excavator, 50D mini, new western star dump truck, D8K, D6R, Kenworth w900B winch trator tri axle low bed with a Jeep. and a pair of 621B scrapers (not wanting to breg just proud and someone may have a problem with something or want some info on what i have and i could help) I snow plow about 150 oil wells, Build roads, brush ,grade, dig basements and so one Thank you and i look forward to typeing with you Tim

  331. #331Forddigger2009-09-04 06:28

    Also glad to have found this site, excellent source of information. I have bought a Ford 555A backhoe for use on my mini farm. Mainly will be clearing alot of over grown trees. It has been a long time since i ran backhoes, my Dad had an underground utility company years ago, we ran all Case backhoes. When i was 19 he bought a brand new 580 super E, that was my primary backhoe, i thought i was so cool with that machine. I did want to try and find one instead of a Ford but the Case backhoes are still pricey for my budget. I really miss the foot pedal swing.

  332. #332digger242j2009-09-05 15:03

    Hi, Alex. I assume you mean you're unable to start your own thread. That's an anti-spam measure. New members are required to have three posts before they get the privilidge of starting a thread. It keeps the drive-by spammers from cluttering up the board. Also, if you'll take a look at the Forum Rules (link found at the bottom left corner of the page), you'll find a couple of things: Now, even though you've made a post looking for equipment, that is still covered under the advertising policy, since it's a solicitation to do business with you. To keep you in line with the rules, I've removed your contact information from the other post you made that contained it. We'd certainly love to have you as part of any discussions that interest you, and look forward to you sharing your expertise, but at the same time, we work real hard to enforce the rules evenly. Please don't make any further direct solicitations. Second, the ALL CAPS thing--the rule is pretty self explanatory, and I'm sure you'll understand it now that it's been pointed out. Beyond that, while it deosn't explicitly say so, we also discourage the use of other than the default color and font when making posts. The choices are there to provide a means to perhaps emphasize certain points within your posts, but as a rule, it's best to avoid making an entire post in something other than the default settings. Thanks for understanding, and welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums.

  333. #333hundanth2009-09-07 22:03

    Hunter T-H AKA Hundanth Hi, I'm Hunter, I'm 16 and my dad is the owner of Pat Rogers Towing and Crane service I've been on several crane calls before so I know a fair bit, about cranes. I joined once I found out it was a place to post my crane pics and my models ***

  334. #334plummen2009-09-07 23:00

    been in the electrical/hvac/plumbing trades on/off for close to 30 years got into utilitie work about 10 years ago .wife was yelling at me about something so i told her i was going to buy a shovel,came back 2 days later pulling a jd 310d 4x4 extendahoe with all the toys.she asked me what the hell is that? i told her its a shovel with power steering,a/c and a stereo! she has since learned not to **** me off! :drinkup :tong

  335. #335willie592009-09-07 23:10

    LoL...welcome to the forum plummen. :usa

  336. #336Allgood2009-09-08 17:24

    Dang, still can't ask questions in an area. Small time dirt digger with strip mine experience on equipment I can't afford. Trying to scratch out a living with used equipment.

  337. #337TommyDa2009-09-09 07:37

    New salesman from Dynaset Hello everyone! My name is Tuomas, I'm new on this site and I represent company called Dynaset from Finland, Europe. Dynaset is world-leading manufacturer of hydraulic compressors, hydraulic generators and hydraulic high pressure pumps; we also provide other solution such as hydraulic welders, hydraulic magnets and multiple variations of them, e.g. dust suppression systems. Dynaset Oy has developed a new range of hydraulic equipments to be able to offer cost saving and reliable on-site power supply. All over the world all environmental regulations are tightening against dust and noise. We can offer economical way to decrease dust while crushing, e.g. Sandvik and Metso are using our products globally. For more information see our full online product catalogue at http://www.dynaset.com/material/Dynaset-catalogue_2009_web.pdf (approx. 29MB) and visit our website at www.dynaset.com Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions about hydraulic equipments that we manufacture.

  338. #338wayne12342009-09-09 15:50

    hello all just joined looking for some help with my bobcat 533

  339. #339Landworks2009-09-19 23:15

    New to this site. Have been in the earthmoving business for 15 years. Site work, demo, road building, railroad construction, and land development. As far as hobbies, I travel state to state in my free time participating in high speed Powerboat Poker Runs. Great site! Jon

  340. #340buddfalen2009-09-27 23:55

    Buddfalen Hello The instruction says to putmy user name in the subject line. I do not see a "subject line" However I seem to be blind when it comes to computers. I have been involved in farming and ranching my whole live and have operated equipment since I was a kid. I am not in commercial construction however I own and operate several units of construction equipment including a crane and a trackhoe. I also have draft horses so I can do things the old way when time allows. Thanks fjf

  341. #341stock2009-09-28 00:01

    Ok budd now you have our attention welcome to our little community,I hope that in due course you will show us your items of plant and definitely some of the draft horses in full regalia doing what they do best....

  342. #342willie592009-09-28 00:15

    Draft Horses! Man...you've got to post pics of those beasts! Oh yeah (where's my manners) welcome to the forum.

  343. #343buddfalen2009-09-28 00:45

    I will make it a point to figure out how to put pictures on the computer and how to send them. Thanks for the welcome. I am in Wyoming. Do folks in ths community tell each other what part of the world they live in? fjf

  344. #344stock2009-09-28 01:09

    Atco I bet you like the budwiser Clydesdale adverts YouTube - 911 9/11 Limited Budweiser Commercial Well I know I do Bud when you edit your profile there is a spot for your location:- Join Date: Aug 2008 Location: eire Posts: 879

  345. #345buddfalen2009-09-28 12:08

    Hello I do like the Budweiser hitch. Driving an 8-up is quite the handful. I wish I knew how to attach files and forward them as you just did. I will have to worry about that later. One step at a time! I may need more education then I am worth to you folks. In the context of this forum, I am not sure what my "profile" is or why I would edit it. In addition, I do not know what a "spot" or "location" is. If you have a minute to explain or point me to cite that would explain I would be grateful. Thanks fjf

  346. #346Steve Frazier2009-09-28 13:06

    buddfalen, at the bottom of this page is a box labeled "Forum Jump". Click on it and a scroll down menu will appear. Scroll to the word "Support" and click that. There are a number of tutorials there explaining some of the different features of the Board. Also, in the tool bar at the top of this page you'll see an icon "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) you might want to read through.

  347. #347buddfalen2009-09-28 14:07

    Thanks. Will do. fjf

  348. #348willie592009-09-28 19:08

    Yeah man, stock! Some of the best are during the Superbowl. YouTube - Horses Bud

  349. #349buddfalen2009-09-28 20:29

    Hello Atcoequip. I just started looking for equipment on line. A few days ago I found Blue Diamond equipment on line. Interesting running into you here. I though your attachments looked pretty good. Now I know you like draft horses so that seals it. Blue Diamond must be the place to go for skid steer attachments. fjf

  350. #350stock2009-09-28 23:02

    O! is that like the game of rugby you guys play where the players wear all the padding so as they don't get hurt?? Struwth even the AUZZIES use the same shaped ball, with out all the padding and like to mix it up with the Irish every so often,I hear they are even recruiting over here now..... Do you guys still play that game of rounders over there in the USA?

  351. #351willie592009-09-28 23:29

    Hello budfalen, I must say this is a no soliciting forum, and I'm happy with that. I'm here having fun with friends, not to sell product. But I can say I'm thankful your considering our products. Hope to see more posts from ya'. Your a piece of work Irishman! Yeah, it's not quite like Rugby since pads are involved. I'm glad to here the Aussie's use the same shaped ball that we use. :tong Rounders? Hmmm, I'm going to step out on a limb and guess that would be that game you boys consider the "true" game of football?

  352. #352stock2009-09-28 23:38

    Nah rounders is played with sticks, not the hurleys we use in our game. Hurleys

  353. #353willie592009-09-29 00:03

    OK, you've got me in "Check". Rounders? I haven't heard that Colloquialism. So, when I examine the sport of Hurling, it's similar to two sports of our geography which both use "sticks"; Hockey and Lacrosse. Rounders? Well they both use a round object. But Lacrosse has it's origins to the American Iriquois Indians, no connection to the other side of the big lake. Hockey, however, is more closely related to Euro origins. Hmm, what to choose. We're nearing checkmate.

  354. #354stock2009-09-29 00:27

    There is a third option Atco , I remember hearing that a feller by the name of Ruth played it,or was he the guy that married the blond chick that used to call to 1600 pen ave in Washington ,no that was Demagio wasn't it,joking Joe?? now I'm confused...

  355. #355The Baron2009-09-29 07:02

    The Baron G'day Everybody! I live in beautiful Kingston, Ontario. I stumbled into this site while searching for add-on cab options for a Case skid-steer. I'm glad to have found a resource like this because I don't have a lot of experience with HE. I may have lots of questions. I owned my own Environmental Contracting/Consulting business for 8 years, doing mostly residential furnace oil spill clean-ups. I found we were constantly renting mini-excavators and skid-steers, so when I was financially able I started buying my own. I had never owned or even run equipment, so I've been learning fast. I sold my business in early 2007 but retained my equipment. Now I'm a Regional Manager for the firm that bought me, with a small equipment rental business as a "hobby". The fleet now consists of an '05 Kubota KX71, '08 Kubota KX71 with enclosed cab, '05 Case 420 and an '07 Case 445. Both the skid-steers are wearin' bolt-over steel tracks (which perform very well). I'm teetering on the brink of buying another +/- 75HP skid-steer with a closed cab for winter work. I move everything around with a 2007 Dodge 2500 Mega cab with the 5.9 Cummins and a 7x14 float. I'm glad to be here.

  356. #356stock2009-09-29 09:05

    Velcomme das Baron I have a feeling you will be an asset to the site,and I look forward to your posting.By the way do you like red by any chance?

  357. #357The Baron2009-09-29 11:40

    Red's a nice colour. I haven't flown a bi-plane in years though. LOL

  358. #358willie592009-09-29 18:15

    I must admit ya got me on that one stock. Didn't consider Baseball.

  359. #359buddfalen2009-09-30 00:09

    Hello. Would you folks have any thoughts regarding the best way to come up with an owners/service manual for an older 710A?

  360. #360stock2009-09-30 01:33

    tractor_manuals

  361. #361thomp865402009-10-01 14:30

    I live in Delta Utah, I have worked in the Utility industry for the past 25 yrs, I guess I,ve had an addiction to heavy equipment from when I was a kid working with My Father, at this time I own a Case 1749 skidsteer, Cat 226 skidsteer, and a massey backhoe mdl 30, at the moment I just picked up the cat 226, it has a hole in the block and i"m looking for a replacement engine. or may shoehorn the engine out of my 1740 case into it,case has good motor but the drives are old and used up. Brad

  362. #362dreday2009-10-01 16:33

    Hello there! I am a hobbyist mostly. My family comes from an agricultural community in southern Greece where we have been been farming mostly olive trees for generations. My immediate family in the states is perusing many projects around the 26 acre property in North Jersey. We recently got an IH 2400B to help out with those projects, but am having some problems here or there getting everything going with it. Since my house is in PA and my work is freelance, I am able to come back often so I can do some father and son projects taming the land here. -Andreas

  363. #363stock2009-10-01 17:32

    welcome in boys enjoy your spell here,and don't forget to take a bit and leave a bit .

  364. #364dritt2009-10-02 20:30

    Hi I've been surfing this site for awhile now and I must say this is a very informative site. I hope to continue to learn more and share some of my experiences. I have been a heavy equiptment operator for 20+ years working in the oil patch in New Mexico. Mostly dozers, currently I run a D8T but as of late I've been bouncing between equipment. Look forward to getting to know everyone, thanks! :usa :thumbsup

  365. #365stock2009-10-02 23:21

    WELCOME dritt hope you have some pictures to satisfy the old buzzards on the site like myself....that is if I can find the binoculars, dang glasses don't work any more for some reason....

  366. #366willie592009-10-02 23:26

    LoL stock, the thing I miss the most is my good eyesight! Welcome to the forum dritt. :usa

  367. #367plowboy2009-10-06 13:53

    Hi Hi Everybody! I'm new here...just acquired a Wabco 777B motor grader that is a derilect...and am trying to make her go again. I'm a farmer for a living..and been around machinery all my life. I'm enjoying the challenge of making this grader run..and maybe even trying to use it a little. Plowboy

  368. #368Grader4me2009-10-06 14:40

    Welcome to HEF plowboy :drinkup Don't forget to throw up a couple pictures of your Grader...Enjoy the forum!

  369. #369plowboy2009-10-06 14:54

    Thanks Grader4me. I'll take a few pictures as go along the process and try to post them. Wish me luck Plowboy

  370. #370stock2009-10-06 17:40

    Are you a sod buster farmer ,a bovine milk farmer or bovine beef farmer?Welcome in, enjoy the round up,don't forget to post a few pics of the farm equipment as well.

  371. #371plowboy2009-10-06 23:33

    Hi Stock, I'm a sod buster farmer (major crops are corn and beans), and we do some ranching here as well...as cow/calf producers. I run older stuff here..some green Steigers with CAT power, and John Deere row crop tractors. Not a lot of new paint around my farm, unless I get a chance to rebuild it..and then I like to spiff it up a bit Thanks for making me feel welcome, I really like this site. Plowboy __________________

  372. #372willie592009-10-06 23:49

    Welcome to the forum plowboy. :usa Stock is no stranger to farming. He has a brother that continues the farm craft in Ireland, hence his interest in what type of farming that you do. And, as he requested, do post some pics of South Dakota farming.

  373. #373plowboy2009-10-07 00:02

    Hi Atcoequip, Thanks for the warm welcome and making me feel "at home" Yep..I'll always be a farmer first...but machines and wrenching are a big part of what I call fun. I'll get some pictures together..and with your help..I'll try to post them. Thanks again Plowboy

  374. #374Hendrik2009-10-07 04:55

    I used to operate a series 4 Steiger with a 250 HP 3306 cat, good solid machine except for the electricals. However then JD came along with a proper 4wd tractor............

  375. #375stock2009-10-07 06:00

    Well said hendrick deere john never could make a tractor to match a IH.:drinkup:usa:tong

  376. #376kith2009-10-07 21:30

    35+ 35 plus yrs repairing farm and heavy equipment.Mostly IH and Case with some Cat and Deere mixed in.

  377. #377willie592009-10-07 22:24

    Welcome to the forum kith. :usa

  378. #378stock2009-10-08 00:20

    Dang he got here before me again, a hearty WELCOME kith, only 35 years,won't qualify for the old gaffers club then.

  379. #379catmtl2009-10-08 00:46

    Hello all, I have been in the heavy equipment field for 20+ years mostly working with CAT machines. I look forward to being a positive contributor to the forum.

  380. #380stock2009-10-08 00:51

    catmtl a big howdy and welcome to our little community do enjoy.

  381. #381JointVenture2009-10-08 22:43

    JointVenture Hello all ... New here, new to the game too! When my father passed a couple years ago, he left me a '65 Case 530 Construction King that he picked up in the mid 70's to take care of his homestead. He also left me 10.5 acres that I am now in the process of building a 1400' drive through challenging terrain. It didn't take long before I realized a larger machine was needed. Picked up a '79 IH 280A backhoe loader with an extendable dipperstick a couple weeks ago and am happy with it so far. Moving quarry tailings from a 100+ years ago for the road bed, pulling stumps, and hauling timber that will end up at the sawmill. Also picked up an old '78 F-7000 with a CAT 3208 engine ... what a beast! ok ... that's enough rambling, time to crash. Peace JV

  382. #382OCR2009-10-09 01:03

    Blasphemy!!! I say!!!!!... And, off course.... welcome... :thumbsup OCR...

  383. #383kevinw2009-10-10 21:16

    Hello, I'm new here and not where this is going to post, so if I step on someones toes I'm sorry. I'm looking for info on man lifts. Looking to buy a used one but dont know what are the good ones and which to stay away from. Gas or electric etc...

  384. #384willie592009-10-10 21:20

    Welcome to the forum kevinw. :usa Once you make 3 posts to any thread (except TGIF), after a short time you'll become a Junior Member and be able to start your own thread with your question. You'll get a lot more looks if you start your own thread.

  385. #385727flyer2009-10-12 12:21

    727flyer I am a commercial pilot with poperty in north central Florida. The road to our property is unmaintained by municipalities so its up to the six property owners who live along the 2.5 mi. single lane dirt road to maintain it. I recently purchased a 1981 Ditch Witch 6510 to try and keep the road in shape. It has obviously seen some action but appears to be in good shape. I thought this forum would be a good place to learn about the Ditch Witch. I look forward to sharing knowledge and experience (low at this time) with forum participants. :usa

  386. #386landsalesman2009-10-12 14:24

    landsalesman Hi, I too am new to the forum and dozers for that matter. i need a dozer to cut roads and clear some of my 97 acres mountain lakeview property at Lake Tenkiller,Oklahoma. I will make you fell at home if you ever get my way in exchange for all your dozer information. I'm a big hunter and fisherman. I am looking at a Dresser TD15c. Any advice

  387. #387BSAA65LB2009-10-12 16:31

    Well, to get off my probationary status, I may as well post here to introduce myself. Been involved in heavy equipment for 31 years. Mainly excavators, telehandlers, vacuum trucks, trenchers (this is a new one to me...and a LARGE machine at that ), AWP's, and the odd dozer job. Been involved from both a manufacturer, user, and rental yard. But I work to support my real passion....I like vintage Brit motorcycles. Darn things keep breeding in the garage....have way too many now

  388. #388stock2009-10-12 17:10

    Welcome,BSA any nortons or triumphs in the breeding programme ? gee thats twice I beaten Atco,the old buzzard is gettin slow,or I not nodding off as much...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

  389. #389willie592009-10-12 21:14

    LoL...you pesky Irishman! You posted at 5:10, I didn't even get home 'till after 6:00, and just now getting to view this thread. :tong Welcome to the forum BSAA65LD. :usa It seems you have already met my Irish friend.

  390. #390willie592009-10-12 22:55

    Well...just now went back and read previous posts. Sorry about that fella's. Welcome to the forum 727flyer and landsalesman. :usa Seems my Irish friend missed these two welcomes...or...maybe he's snoozing again. :tong

  391. #391stock2009-10-13 05:35

    Darn tootin didn't miss anythin gust took a snooze and he'd struk again, dang nabbit.

  392. #392pwrstroke962009-10-14 01:29

    pwrstroke96 well howdy im a diesel tech in joplin mo i live with my family on 160 acres me and my dad decided we needed something bigger than a 1860 oliver with a front end loader to help around the place

  393. #393OCR2009-10-14 03:21

    New Member Introductions: Welcome!!! And a "well howdy", right back, pwrstroke96... :thumbsup Welcome to HEF... consider your self part, of one of the finest group of people on the planet!... :yup OCR...

  394. #394hfdzl2009-10-14 06:30

    hfdzl Hello to all ! Joined a couple of weeks ago. I was looking for info on Lima crane/ draglines. I am equipment operator/weldor/mechanic working for Lane const. in the northeast. Also member of IUOE #98. We have a Lima 2400 w/8yd hendrix bucket for underwater gravel operation. They brought this in from FL. from one of thier satelite companies. This was my introduction to larger crane dragline work. It was "there it is- go run it" A few operator/wire rope malfuntions later, I caught on. The only problem I have found is with reversing shaft frictions spitting out lining and apply rotochamber failure. I have put a regulator in the swing circut at 40 psi this helps but still have trouble. Anyway I also has a 1947 Lima 34 dragline for backyard fun. (I guess I'm a Lima guy). Interesting reading here, and usually check every few days.

  395. #395Geraldes2009-10-14 10:03

    Hi, just joined today after i was already browsing this site for a couple of weeks. I'm from the Netherlands and 20 years old. I work at Pon equipment the cat dealer of the Netherlands. Just want to say this is a really nice site and a friendly and helpfull community and I in advance i want to apologize for the bad spelling xD

  396. #396stock2009-10-14 16:21

    Welcome to the world of H.E.F hfdzl, Geraldes. we are a very forgiving out fit and like to help if we can.Geraldes if you are that concerned about the spelling right click the text set the spelling checker to US or UK and as you are typing any error will be underlined, again right click the word and it will prompt you to choose a spelling or word, but don't let it detract from your enjoyment of the site.We do understand that english is not your first language,and your english is probably better than my flemish or dutch.

  397. #397Geraldes2009-10-15 02:27

    Hehe thanks, i think it will work out!

  398. #398wgwestervelt2009-10-18 16:40

    Bill Here - Landowner who is in the proces of clearing hardwoods from 30 acres. Lots of experience with tractors and tree felling but needed to move to heavy equipment to stump and level the land, dig up the rocks, etc. SO I have bought myself a 1998 Kobelco SK150. I have run small machines once or twice but this is another animal! It has some small issues that I need to work on so looking forward to the expertise that exists on this forum. Thanks

  399. #399stock2009-10-18 17:01

    wgwestervelt a heartily welcome to the community,when you get a chance you might explain the handle.

  400. #400Steve G.2009-10-18 17:25

    My name is steve, i'm 17 years old, my dad and my little brother and I have cleared about 500 ft of road through the woods to get to our landlocked piece of property. We started with a stihl 280 and our ford ranger... pulling the logs with it and chains and all. then our friends let us use a kubota L3750 (backhoe and loader) nice little machine maybe 35 horse... helped us get so much done that we wouldn't otherwise have been able to get done. So then we got a 92' 250 diesel ato pull it around with. We're building a log cabin out of scratch btw. I found the forum becuase I just recently bought a JD510D for up at the land. We needed a bigger machine to dig the pier foundation and make the road "better'. I've also cut maybe 2500 Bft of oak and pine with a brand new (not ours) woodmizer L40. I'm an apprentice electrician myself and am still in my last year of highschool. nice sight!

  401. #401AtlasRob2009-10-18 17:27

    His name is Wayne Grant and he lives to the West of ...........er........Velt Sorry wgwestervelt, welcome aboard. I apologise for butting in on your invitation but over the past few weeks or so while some of us have been very busy and not able to get our usual helping of HEF I have detected a few unscrupulous members trying to increase their status and standing ( more posts ) by devious means. At this point I am not prepared to name names or point a cursor at anybody in particular................. and I dont want Stock,........ OCR ..........or Atcoequip thinking I am refering to them but I've sussed your game boys and shall be making enquiries about the possible purchase of a laptop and wi-fi internet access forthwith. Your being watched :cool2

  402. #402stock2009-10-19 02:46

    Just for that we won't let you in the old buzzards club now Rob.

  403. #403WRX2009-10-19 04:10

    Hey everyone. I just found this site tonight and looks like there are a lot of helpful folk on here so I signed up. I'm pretty active of local forums so you will probably see quite a bit of me.

  404. #404stock2009-10-19 04:34

    Welcome WRX enjoy the site,give a little and take a little.

  405. #405wgwestervelt2009-10-19 06:30

    sorry - new to this. i will get a real handle - have to update my profile. wgwestervelt is my name so easy on the jokes!

  406. #406stock2009-10-19 06:59

    Hmm how do you say it,so as a poor igorant orish mun can repeat it?

  407. #407truviking2009-10-22 16:10

    truviking Hey Make it easy for us backwoods country boys...

  408. #408wgwestervelt2009-10-23 06:18

    i cant figure out how to change my handle! everything else seems "editable!" help!

  409. #409hokie972009-10-23 08:31

    new around here We are in the process of reclaiming an old farm, so the equipment is starting to add up. We have a 753 Bobcat, Old Deutz 70hp tractor(with plenty of implements) and an International 175C track loader. Need to get a few posts in so I can ask a question

  410. #410hokie972009-10-23 08:33

    #2.

  411. #411AtlasRob2009-10-23 17:04

    Sorry wgwestervelt your handle is for life Dont change it for us, if your happy with it thats fine. If you REALLY want to change it you could contact one of the mods (moderators) with your reason and what you would like it changed to and if they are in a good mood there is a fair chance they might be able to help you. Drop them a PM ( personal message)

  412. #412tailboardtech2009-10-23 19:26

    tailboardtech hey! i am new to posting on here but a long time watcher, i work for a local county and am trying to start my own business I own a bobcat 753 and a ford 3550 backhoe, best i have for starting off lol and i live in Boring, Maryland :usa i think that about covers it.

  413. #413digger242j2009-10-23 23:13

    You need somebody with Administrator powers to wave their magic wand. (But it only works here. In real life, you're stuck with what your parents gave you.) Hey, good luck with that "good mood" part...

  414. #414Dionysis2009-10-30 09:39

    Dionysis Greetings From Greece everybody . I am really happy i have found you . I will be starting work in maintenance of heavy equipment shortly and the content of this forum seems like a treasure to me . I would like to thank you all for sharing your experiences . To tell you the truth the hydraulics on these babies have me worried due to the lack of prior experience on that subject , so if you have any suggestions or advices i would be really happy to hear it .

  415. #415stock2009-10-30 09:59

    Welcome, Dionysis take your time,listen to twice as much as you say and be patient.

  416. #416BSAA65LB2009-10-30 12:50

    Welcome Dionysis. And what part of Greece are you from? I travel there several times a year to visit a dealer and a major customer. I enjoy visiting your country. And I have learned to like the home made tsipirio some of the customer people ask me to drink with them!

  417. #417Dionysis2009-10-30 17:26

    Thank you for your the advice stock BSAA65LB watch out for that tsipouro it can be really strong if its home made Iam from Athens btw , are you in the market of construction machinery ?

  418. #418lghighwayman2009-10-31 00:01

    Hello lghighwayman here, I was told of this site by a friend and co-worker, already I have seen some neat pictures and interesting topics.

  419. #419OCR2009-10-31 03:15

    Well!!!!... :tong :tong There we were, going about peaceable, in freedom from strife or disorder, and then we get hit by this... this... insensitive, is the word... post. And, we never even had a chance to duck ... :lmao Therefore, I shall request ATCO's and Stock's assistance in the remediation of the above issues, and continue on with a proper welcome of a new member. Welcome to HEF, lghighwayman, I'm sure your presence will be an attribute to the Forum... :thumbsup Hmmmmm?... OCR...

  420. #420stock2009-10-31 04:09

    Ocr you out there on a recruitment drive so as to increase your posts lol . lghighwayman & Ocr is Montana really that beautiful in the fall. O! welcome lghighwayman to our little community and don't mind the little unscrupulous on going spat.

  421. #421OCR2009-10-31 04:27

    :yup... and... :yup OCR...

  422. #422stock2009-10-31 05:54

    I am as wise now as I was before I asked the question about a certain state "ahh Montana in the fall" was that in Hunt for Red October or the Rivers ran through it " ....So much to remember and so little time

  423. #423willie592009-10-31 09:41

    Welcome to the forum lghighwayman. :usa

  424. #424AtlasRob2009-10-31 15:10

    :falldownlaugh :falldownlaugh :thumbsup New pen drive arrived today so I expect to be popping in mid week just to keep an eye on you boys

  425. #425GreekDeere2009-11-01 13:19

    GreekDeere hi to everyone.. I am from greece and big fan of earthmoving/farming machinery.i ride tractors since i remember myself but right now i drive a dumptruck and learn operating machinery. I discovered this awesome forum a few months ago but i registered now because i want to some advice about our new excavator...i hope someone can help us.. greetings from greece..........

  426. #426stock2009-11-01 14:19

    Welcome there Greekdeere ,give it another post or two the start a new thread and ask your question.

  427. #427Dionysis2009-11-01 16:41

    Welcome patrida

  428. #428stock2009-11-01 16:48

    This a Greek/Irish type person? lol

  429. #429HLNTOIZ2009-11-01 16:50

    Hey everyone. I have been lurking here for a long time since I meet Steve (Pelican). I have my own Hardscaping Business. No not Landscaping....Hardscaping. There is a difference. I am kinda changing my focus of my business to residential demolition services and have already read quite a bit about demo stuff. Very informative. Just wanted to say hi! -Matt

  430. #430motorizedcowboy2009-11-01 17:52

    Thanks Thanks for the oppertunity to get info. I understand your rules. Hope this is considered first post. Thaanks Greg

  431. #431willie592009-11-01 18:09

    Welcome to the forum HLNTOIZ and motorizedcowboy. :usa

  432. #432GreekDeere2009-11-01 18:59

    nice to find greeks here...do you think there are some others too?? greetings from evros!

  433. #433willie592009-11-01 19:38

    I know gpap123 is in Greece, he pops up here occasionally.

  434. #434diggemup2009-11-06 21:05

    new to HEF hey like the site. been running backhoes for 15 years. started my own bis..3 years ago. do mostly residental, high end customs. in the mt of AZ. have 2 580 sm ,1 590 sm ,1 mini 31 excavator ,4000 gal inter water truck,and a small bobcat. dirt is fun

  435. #435stock2009-11-07 13:10

    WELCOME there digemup don't forget a few pictures to satisfy those of us nosey enquiring people here.

  436. #436AmerIndependent2009-11-07 14:46

    American Independent, Inc. We are an independent heavy equipment repair shop located in Southern California. During our over 21 years in business, we've rebuilt over 9,000 components for scrapers, loaders, dozers, haul trucks, etc. We specialize in rebuilding transmissions, differentials, torques, finals, wheels, pumps and almost anything to do with the powertrain. A few years ago, we were overloaded with business from local contractors but that has really died off due to the economy and the burden of emmisions regulations imposed by our state. As a result, we've had to diversify and have been marketing and selling exchange components all over the world to keep the crew busy. We've also been purchasing equipment at auctions and from our customers and dismantling them for parts. We hope to get ahead of the game and build our inventory up so when things turn around we'll be a go to source for exchange components, used parts, and equipment. Just stumbled onto these forums recently and would like to offer our help and services whenever possible. Very impressed with the content and clientele of this forum and hope to make some new friends here in the future!

  437. #437Estevo2009-11-21 14:53

    Hello Noob here.. I stumbled in and I liked the forum, so I signed up. I am a welder.. I've done a little bit of everything, rebuilding scraper floors, buckets, dozers, etc. Cool forum you guys have here. :notworthy Steve.-

  438. #438stock2009-11-21 17:53

    WELCOME THERE Estevo do a search on welding and I think you will feel at home.

  439. #439harfords2009-11-23 07:37

    Harfords I would just like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Steve the managing director of Harford Attachments. We are a UK based company who specialise in the manafacture of Quick Hitches, excavator attachments and buckets. I found this website when trying to find out information about troubles and woes operators have when using quick hitches. I know here in the UK there's been a tightening of legislation due to a number of accidents recently. I'm hoping to find out out what makes life easier for the operator so any feedback would be great. We can appeal to the business but ultimately it's the operators who use our equipment so it's you we want to build for. Hopefully I'll get to know a lot of you better. Again greetings from the UK

  440. #440drew19772009-11-26 21:41

    Hello been a lurker for a few months. Got the time today to become a member of this great forum. I own a few types of business. Looking to buy some farmland in the near future. At which time I plan to put up a few buildings and make some road's. I plan to start buying some equipment in the month's ahead. Most of my time is spent on the business so not to much time for anything else.

  441. #441willie592009-11-26 21:43

    Welcome to the forum drew1977. :usa

  442. #442drew19772009-11-26 22:10

    ATCOEQUIP, Thank you for the welcome.

  443. #443willie592009-11-26 22:20

    Your welcome. Make a 3rd post and you'll soon lose the probationary status and become a Junior Member.

  444. #444shopman@hep2009-11-26 22:53

    Hi - new member, my name is Ivan. I work as a shop manager for a heavy equipment parts company. Some of our parts are new, we rebuild some (cylinders and diffs), and some are "good used." We specialize in Euclid parts, although we have CAT, DD, Case, JD, Terex, and a tiny bit of Komatsu. Besides parts, sometimes we buy, repair, and sell equipment.

  445. #445stock2009-11-27 02:48

    Welcome there shopman,looks like Atcoequip and yourself will have some interaction.

  446. #446MBIENER2009-11-27 12:31

    WELCOME!! IM MIKE AT FEL-TECH HAMMER DIVISION IN WORCESTER MA. IF I CAN HELP WITH ANYTHING, GIVE ME A CALL... http://WWW.FEL-TECH.COM

  447. #447drew19772009-11-28 07:27

    ATCOEQUIP, Thank you for that advice...

  448. #448willie592009-11-28 10:04

    Your welcome.

  449. #449ziggy2009-11-28 12:45

    Ziggy Hello folks,zig here from southern Alberta. Mini-bio. I have been a HEO since 1978,did 5 years forestry,22 years in the hard rock mines and the rest of my time has been spent in the patch building leases and doing reclamation except for 3 1/2 years that I spent in the arctic buiding a runway and tank pad for a new gold mine and then managing a remote camp north of Rankin inlet. I've done construction all over Alberta and pipelined a few years,just spent the summer building roads and structures for the power lines above Canmore. I have loved running the big iron ever since i crawled on an old td crawler as a kid and got it running and couldnt shut it off. I run allmost everything except crane and scraper,love the Cat equipment but find komatsu,hitachi and the rest of the machines have come so far now a days that they are all nice to operate. In the mining industry I got to operate the then worlds largest loaders,dozers and rock trucks but I'm primarily a dozer,grader and hoe hand at heart. So this looks like a good forum to add to my list of sites I visit and it looks like a wealth of information is on here. I have lots of videos and pics of work as I allways carry my camera and may post the links later but as a noob I dont want to come across as a spammer. Zig

  450. #450willie592009-11-28 14:07

    Welcome to the forum ziggy. :usa

  451. #451stock2009-11-28 15:24

    Darn he here before me ! WELCOME there Ziggy, is the weather really that good in the fall?

  452. #452Impact2009-11-30 11:14

    Hello. I'm Ken from Western Kentucky. Found this site a few weeks back and just now decided to join. I'm 52 years old. I've been working here since I was a teenager. I'm in the General Contracting business specializing in grain storage, grain handling, and pre-fabricated metal buildings. Although I do own a backhoe, most of our dirt moving work is subcontracted out. Here's a list some of the equipment we run. 25 Ton Manitex boom truck 1976 Grove TMS300 LP Hydraulic truck crane 1999 Grove AT700D all terrain crane 8,000 # Gehl Telehandler 8,000# Lull 6,000# Gehl telehandler 4,000# clark for shop Cat Rubber tired Backhoe Numerous portable welders We have a small welding/fabrication/maintenance shop with Mig Welders Arc Welders 1/4" x 10' hydraulic sheer 150 ton press brake ancient turning lathe band saw Bridgeport mill 100 ton hydraulic press Thanks for the site guys.

  453. #453AtlasRob2009-12-03 15:52

    A very warm welcome Ken, looks like you will have some valuable experience to bring the forum. note to myself, midweek seems a good time to up the post count

  454. #454MrKomatsu2009-12-03 15:58

    welcome aboard....:usa:drinkup

  455. #455AmerIndependent2009-12-03 16:21

    Atlas Rob... you accidently said that outloud! Haha.

  456. #456AtlasRob2009-12-03 16:30

    Yes, sorry theres a bit of leg pulling going on. It will make more sense if you go back to page 27 post 400. Depending on how bored you are, you might find it amusing. :drinkup

  457. #457willie592009-12-03 19:57

    Welcome to the forum Ken. :usa Are you near Paducah KY? Just taken a guess where your from. Drat! He's catching up with me! I must get busy...

  458. #458stock2009-12-03 20:28

    Dang burbon brewers takin over.Welcome Ken

  459. #459bubbagoat2009-12-04 22:31

    Hi, I just purchased a mitsubishi BS3F. Track rollers are shot, but the rest seems OK. I'm looking for a operators manual to find out how much and what types of oil, etc it needs. Any info on filter cross reference would be appreciated as well. Thanks to all. Bubba Goat

  460. #460DoosanFan2009-12-05 06:31

    Hi all, DoosanFan from S.A, guess what i like... Anyway, look forward to getting to know some fellow heavy equipment lovers better, lol.

  461. #461stock2009-12-05 08:53

    Welcome there Doosan Fan I see you are from the same neck of the woods as Bellboy.

  462. #462DoosanFan2009-12-05 10:01

    Thanks for the welcome there stock. Same neck of the woods? More like the same house. He's my brother.

  463. #463stock2009-12-05 10:12

    So there is two people who like daewoos in Sud Africque.

  464. #464DoosanFan2009-12-05 10:38

    S'pose you could say that.

  465. #465Impact2009-12-06 14:06

    Yes..just west of Paducah a bit, out in the boonies. Good guess. :thumbsup

  466. #466stock2009-12-06 17:35

    How many of you sour mash makers are now here?

  467. #467Murphy2009-12-15 03:26

    Hi,Guys I think it's a great forum here, but I'm wondering when I can post a new thread?

  468. #468Steve Frazier2009-12-15 10:29
  469. #469burt2009-12-30 23:23

    burt hello, I am a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic from western ky. I have worked in this field since 93. I am always looking to increase my knowledge and that is how I found this forum. I was googleing for d5cxl series III info. Hopefully I can gain some new knowledge and possibly share some of my hard earned knowledge also. burt

  470. #470stock2009-12-31 00:44

    Well howdy there burt,glad to have you on board,how you all there in the blue grass state?

  471. #471burt2010-01-01 10:40

    cant complain

  472. #472Ray Howell2010-01-02 16:58

    Ray Howell, Gig Harbor 350 John Deere 1972 First Post

  473. #473willie592010-01-02 17:47

    Welcome to the forum Ray Howell. :usa

  474. #474stock2010-01-02 23:55

    Welcome there Ray,have a ball.

  475. #475artq2010-01-06 09:16

    artq I work for a Construction Equipment dealer. We work on just about anything. I was searching for some info and came accross this site. Looks pretty cool so I registered...

  476. #476stock2010-01-06 09:18

    Artq Welcome in close out the door and sit a spell.

  477. #477artq2010-01-06 10:05

    Thanks...I will. Already found EXACTLY what I was looking for here. Great site!!

  478. #478stock2010-01-06 10:32

    Do tell,make us feel useful.

  479. #479artq2010-01-06 12:47

    Found a link to a Bobcat 863 service manual.....

  480. #480Komatsu7892010-01-07 05:42

    Hello everyone. I am a heavy plant operator from england. I have been in the industry for 11 years. I have a keen interest in all things to do with that industry. I look forward to talking to you soon Steve

  481. #481stock2010-01-07 13:31

    Not another £10 auzzie or is it a" whingin POM" Welcome to the forum do enjoy.

  482. #482OC(Outside Cat)2010-01-08 11:56

    OC(Outside Cat). Hello Everyone, I really enjoy reading the posts on this forum, there is a lot of knowledge posted here. I am glad I found this site. I have been around the heavy equipment business w/ dealers for over 30 years. I started as a mechanic, then equipment sales, used equipment, and now inspections/ appraisals. My main hobby is my 07 Electraglide, followed by trap shooting/ target shooting. Thanks for putting this forum together. OC

  483. #483stock2010-01-08 14:27

    Nebraska didn't the boss have an album named after that place, always thought Omaha was a beach in Normandy.A stout (not Guinness) welcome to you good sir do enjoy,and with your past careers you will probably have a thing or two to say as well.

  484. #484Jimmy L2010-01-08 15:21

    Hello everyone bare with me the computer is new to me, but I have been reading some of the posts on this site and it has helped me with my LX885 New Holland a couple of times so I thought I would try and give back any info I know.

  485. #485Jimmy L2010-01-08 15:27

    If a guy is having a problem with equipment can I just start a new thread and hope someone reads it and replys

  486. #486Jimmy L2010-01-08 15:30

    Sorry for the questions but I think this site is very interesting and probably has more knowledge than most mechanics shops. This is a great idea for who ever started it glad I stumbled on to it.

  487. #487stock2010-01-08 15:52

    Welcome there Jimmy once you have more than three posts and you wait a spell this pearl in an oyster is there for you to enjoy and if you don't raise the ire of our administrators you like the rest of us should have quite an informed ,enjoyable time,the site is very much a "give a little ,take a little and leave a little ". Enjoy

  488. #4882stagefanWI2010-01-12 01:56

    2stagefanWI Hello everyone, pleasure to be a part of this site! I am a senior in high school in Milwaukee, WI and ive played around with scale models and tonka trucks all of my life (obviously not at this age now). I have always wanted to operate/fix/be around any sort of heavy equipment and i am planning on going to Michigan Technological University next year to study in Mechanical Engineering. Some day i hope to be designing the machines that move this Earth's dirt. My favorite type of heavy equipment are wheel loaders- two specific favorite types are the Michigan 75A and the Cat 966C. For some reason i really like 1970's & 1980's vintage machines, theres something to be said about the older iron that i like. But even still i really like all of the new technology being developed in earthmoving as well. I dont know if anyone has ever heard of Dozer Days held in Sussex, WI but it was always one of my highlights each year to go to. Unfortunately living on a 1/9th of an acre lot, i dont get the opportunity to mess around with the big stuff much so i do a lot of work on small engines. Ive modded my 1972 ariens 5 hp 22" snowblower to fit a 14 hp Tecumseh OHV engine. I do a lot of work like that which also includes messing around with lawn tractors and mini bikes. I also work for the local Ace hardware fixing up lawn mowers and snowblowers. But my real passion- what i really want to get into- is the big heavy equipment. If i wasnt going to become an engineer on heavy equipment i would definitely want to become a heavy equipment operator or mechanic. But the way i see it, is that i have been presented the opportunity to go to college and i should take advantage of it and become an engineer who makes more money (in most cases). Hopefully you will see me around the site on the Wheel Loader and Forestry forums a lot because i really want to learn all about the heavy equipment associated with them. Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum!

  489. #489stock2010-01-12 04:26

    welcome there 2stage well if you are playing models and tonka toys you are probaby the same as the rest of us,have fun.

  490. #490iain2010-01-12 20:13

    Hello I'm in the North of Scotland.Got a couple of JCB 3 2s and a Poclain FC30 all needing restoration.I'm also into lorries,got 3 Dodge 50s,one on the road so far.Also into motorcycles,got a couple of these as well.We have a croft,small farm, up here.I'm a fitter/turner to trade but have moved away from the tools at work. cheers Iain aged 47 1/2

  491. #491willie592010-01-12 21:29

    Welcome to the forum iain. :usa Your among a number of mates from England and Ireland as well.

  492. #492racoon2us2010-01-12 21:48

    hi i am new to this site i live in nj and have 16 ac in ny state i have a northern tractor with a bucket also a j c b micro excavator i just purchased a allis chalmers 653b dozer i am in the process of building ponds and roads on my propertythis dozer had 18 hrs on a complete rebuild i now have close to 50 hrs on it i will post pictures soon joe 10 years of operating equip

  493. #493suprant00102010-01-19 22:29

    hi, new here from NC... im the proud owner of a komatsu d58 dozer, a pc300 excavator, along with a few other smaller machines i do my own repairs on my machines, so being able to talk to the heavy quiepment gurus on this site will be a big help for me

  494. #494sultan2010-01-19 23:03

    Hello Hello everyone. My Name is Sultan Q Khan and I'm from East Gary, Ontario, Canada. I'm pretty new into the field but I've been reading things like this forum and trying out machinery over the past few months. I'm looking to buy my first excavator this year to do [a fair bit of] work on the farm. :drinkup

  495. #495stock2010-01-20 04:06

    Wahoo two more ,A kommie fan and the sultan of swing,welcome to you both have fun!

  496. #496MrKomatsu2010-01-20 07:12

    :usawelcome aboard...............:drinkup:drinkup

  497. #497760Bill2010-01-23 01:55

    MY first Post ! Hello My name is Bill Gross Ive been in construction for over 14 years and my Hobbies now are making custom 1/50th scale construction models mostly different types of dozers, water wagons ,push pull scrapers, push cats ,rubber tire dozers. as soon as I can Ill post some pics if your looking for any custom models send me a email @ [email protected] thanks Bill Gross.

  498. #498jljr422010-01-23 11:39

    Thanks

  499. #499Tiny2010-01-24 06:29

    I am employee of a crane rental company as a driver and boom truckie .Have been tearing down and putting cranes back in the air for nearly 30 years

  500. #500stock2010-01-24 07:40

    Welcome Tiny how many lawn mowers have you lifted as a prank??

  501. #501Tiny2010-01-24 07:44

    No lawn mowers, but a couple of outhouses.Still don't understand why those guys were so mad!!:cussing:cussing

  502. #502NHGus2010-01-24 11:38

    Hey all, I'm Gus, I grew up on a beef cattle farm in VT, that's where I got an appreciation of equipment. I work as an classic car restoration tech, frame and sheet metal fabrication and refurbishing are what I really enjoy. I've always been a full blooded motor-head, 4x4s(especially vintage stuff like Toyota LandCruisers), diesel cars and trucks(drive a Cummins powered Dodge 2500 and VW jetta TDI), heavy equipment, exotic/sports cars, motorcycles or what ever. I have minimal experience with construction equipment, I've ran a few excavators and used to own a International 500E crawler. This site has been a major source of information. I own some property in NH and some farm land over in VT; I plan on buying a backhoe within the next couple of months for drainage work, building retaining/boulder walls, site clearing and prep among other things.

  503. #503Arabhacks2010-01-24 21:52

    Arabhacks Hello. The first "Real" job I got was running a roller. I quickly progressed to backhoe, excavator, gradall, and finally the blade. The trouble is that this was in San Antonio Texas, home to cheap wages. I was on layoff a few times, normal, and was told I should progress to law school. For personal reasons I have never hunted in Texas, and never will, it would be an insult to try and make me go. Other states are fine, just not Texas. I think that the entire Texas cowboy thing is overrated, I am very much more a Mexican cowboy, do not like the anglo redneck type whatsoever. I also avoid the gulf Arab, they are a pain in the butt to deal with. And cops, not to say that there is anything wrong as such, just that I make it a point not to socialize with them. But I do like machines, doing a good job with a good crew is something that makes me very happy. I also like electronics, and as such have FCC licenses as well as from Canada (IC) and Mexico. http://www.ae7q.com/data/CallDetail.php?ID=302869 Aviation is a lot of fun for me also, I have access to several helicopters. I feel the firefighters and EMT are the people on the front line and support them 100%. So, if you are a down to earth blue collar kind of guy, or even a geek, we will get along just fine. :usa:notworthy

  504. #504Maldeney2010-02-04 08:37

    Hello, I work at a midwest Steel mill where heavy equipment is part of the life blood of the process. I have experience with a lot of the equipment but not extensive on all. We have Mobil mag cranes, two mobile Hydro cranes a 23ton P&H and a 35ton Grove. Grad-all's, Lulls, Terex material handlers. Front end loaders; WA-500, 980 G, WA-250 (Two BIG Michigan's that I am unfamiliar with.) The list goes on from there with skidsteers and walk behinds and such. My current position here puts me in charge of parts and service scheduling and a fair amount of hands on trouble shooting and work. I have also started Purchasing equipment for our company. The most recent was the WA-500 used. I have 10 years in this industry starting from the Rail yard in the Locomotive, moving to production then 5years as a millwright to my current position now. So that is about it for now I suppose.

  505. #505prosncons2010-02-05 07:49

    prosncons I am completely new to the heavy equipment stuff. We bought some land in NW GA and we just bought a 753 bobcat to try to clear some trees and get to where we can build there. It will not be the fastest way with us doing it but I think it will be fun. We have a big grappel rake and a tooth bucket so far. I've got a lot to learn and probably need a lot of money to spend on other attachments/toys to get it to where we want it. aj

  506. #506TimberGhost2010-02-10 22:23

    Hey everybody. I'm from the Southern suburbs of Buffalo,NY and growing up I was always around some type of machine/farm equipment. Heavy Equipment has always fascinated me and kept me interested in the field. I also have a CDL-A with all the endorsements and have pulled just about every trailer except for a "reefer". Kenworth, Peterbilts, Freightliners, and Internationals are what I have driven over the years some with Cats, Cummins, Detroits, and even Mercedes Benz engines. As far as heavy equipment goes I have never operated any mega machines just a JD 650, Komatsu D41E, Cat D5 (dozers) Case 580SM, JD 310D, Ford??? (backhoes) JD 490, Cat??? Komatsu mid and mini with grapples (excavators) Cat 232, Case??? (skidsteers). My current job is just Public Works and pretty much a medium sized operation. I drive a Freightliner dump with a 20 ton equipment hauler and have access to a Case 580SM backhoe, Komatsu D41E bulldozer, Komatsu mid and mini trackhoes, and a Cat 232 skidsteeer. Sorry to ramble fellas.

  507. #507huxbjj2010-02-11 13:39

    Gabriel PImentel From Huatulco, Mexico Hi, im from the south coast of Mexico, I have a tow truck concession from the federal goverment, and because in my country the word "gruas" is used both for tow trucks and cranes, people started to ask me for industrial cranes, that was 25 years ago, now I have a Grove tm250 1969 and two titan one 7 ton and another of 9 tons. I Found your forum on google when I was searching for boom removal, I would like to post about the manouvers we do around here and the equipment we have. Thank you for all your help.

  508. #508willie592010-02-11 20:08

    Welcome to the forum huxbjj. :usa

  509. #509stock2010-02-12 03:15

    Welcome there Hux (Gabriel) pleasure to have you here.Look forward to you contributions and some information on how you do things down Mexico Way.

  510. #510oldseabee2010-02-12 14:56

    Hey All: Call me Bill or Oldseabee, only been on this forum a short while. One of the best I've seen. My history: 24 years with Clark Equipment, Welder, Product Development Lab for forestry equip. in St Thomas Ont. Canada, built and field tested logging equp from North Saskatchawan, North Ontario to Louisiana swamps. then, Loader/rubbertired dozer Lab in Benton Harbor Mich., then Michigan 675 (24 yard loader) project, then District Service Rep in southwest, based in Texas, then Atlanta as Forestry specialist for US and service rep for South east. Clark bought Euclid and partnered with Volvo to make VME. 17 years in Navy Seabee's reserve as mechanic, Desert Storm Vet. Then 9 years with Bell Equipment North America as National Service manager. Bell out of South Africa built three wheel and tracked Feller Bunchers and articulated dump trucks and Built trucks for John Deere. Now retired and like to share some of that experience with others in the industry. I have kept my old service manuals on the Clark, Euclid, Ranger skidder,Volvo loaders and trucks, and Bell logging and trucks. I'm out of breath!!!!!!!!

  511. #511oldseabee2010-02-12 15:02

    I forgot to mention a couple of years as a Dealer Mechanic out of Atlanta, VME, Hitachi.

  512. #512stock2010-02-12 15:29

    Gee oldseabee the fingers must be sore after that button punching, Cead mile failte and I look forward to you banter .Enjoy.

  513. #513jeep az2010-02-15 15:43

    Hey from AZ Looking foward to picking your brains. I am a heavy Equipment Mechanic in Az and enjoying the heat.

  514. #514willie592010-02-15 20:35

    Welcome to the forum jeep az. :usa What kind of equipment do you work on? Make two more posts and you'll become a Junior Member. Oh...hi stock. :waving

  515. #515jeep az2010-02-16 02:01

    I work on anything that get dirty, breathes air and burns Diesel (or gas) but one of my side jobs at the moment does none of those.

  516. #516mncowboy2010-02-16 07:43

    Hello from Minnesota. Mt Co is looking at some new equipment so I'm looking around getting some ideas of what I may end up running for the next few years

  517. #517Stump Knocker2010-02-19 16:30

    Did 20 in the Army and retired IN '75. Logged for about 3 years. From '78 till '04 ran scraper's,loader and 'dozer. Most of my time on a loader was clearing land and burning. Ran a CAT 623 and 631 scraper's while EPCOT was being built. STUMP KNOCKER Two(2) day's older than dirT! Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! ******** and brilliance only come with age and experience.

  518. #518stock2010-02-19 17:06

    Darn another one for the old buzzard society,Atcoequip and Stock extend a few welcoming hands ,firstly to the HEF secondly to the old buzzards society. ps "pay not heed to the blue throated warbler"

  519. #519jswimelar2010-02-23 22:42

    New to this Hello I'm the guy that everyone hates. I've never operated a backhoe or dozer, but have a Case 530 split in the garage and have a Fiat Allis 11B on the way this weekend (yeah, that one needs work, too. Anyone have clutches laying around ) So, I'll probably have a lot of questions. I figured this was the place to get answers. Thanks in advance. Jim

  520. #520Homerun2010-02-25 23:04

    Homerun Hello everyone, I am omran from Bgdad KY the finish grading guy, every one call me homerun, and I am a small buciness owner, who takes on projects which can be delivered in a proffisonal way, I do errosion control, grading, general bobcat work and Landscaping. I still need to learn alot since I startedthe whole thing as a hobby in 2004 LOL. but I listen to every one and try to take what makes sense to me.

  521. #521Homerun2010-02-25 23:07

    I would like to get your input on this: what do you guys think about the aftermarket idlers for bobcat t250 and such?

  522. #522stock2010-02-26 03:31

    Welcome there Homerun you anywhere close to the old buzzard/ blue throated warbler Atco?

  523. #523CalChando2010-03-03 17:42

    hey guys, thanks for havin me. im 21 years old, go to school part time, and work the other part of the time for my families construction company. i have a collection of about 100+ scale models and i also race open wheel modifieds, so i have my plate full i guess. anymore questions ask, ill be postin pics of my collection, that and im getting ready to sell them soon, so if anyone is interested in those there's a lot of trucks, offroad, loaders, mix of models from early 80s til about 2000.

  524. #524AZRentals2010-03-05 09:48

    AZRentals Hello All I am a supplier of primarily Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Rentals for the SW USA. We have Branches in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah with some other satellite operations as far north as Edmonton Canada. We offer Bare Rentals as well as Operated Rentals. We also offer well maintained used equipment for sale in the USA and Abroad. We have been in business since 1962 and are very well established. I look forward to making some new friends here and sharing some stories with you all.

  525. #525AmerIndependent2010-03-05 10:01

    Welcome to the forums buddy!

  526. #526stock2010-03-05 10:04

    Welcome there AZ not too sure about the advert though..... might have a look at the site legislation.

  527. #527AZRentals2010-03-05 10:11

    It wasn't meant to be an advert. More of an intro. Just explianing who I am, but thanks for the tip and the warm welcome.

  528. #528AmerIndependent2010-03-05 10:26

    You're fine AZ, you're allowed one brief description of your company. I pulled from the "Rules" section at the top: "A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship." ​ On edit: A second reading of it shows you may start a thread... whoops. I think Steve will let you slide.

  529. #529AZRentals2010-03-05 10:32

    Thanks. I actually found this forum as I was searching for other info on a D6R XL for some Transmission info.

  530. #530AmerIndependent2010-03-05 10:52

    You've come to the right place. There's a wealth of information here. Did you find what you were looking for? We've been building transmissions for your company for the last two decades so I hope you aren't having trouble with one of ours...

  531. #531willie592010-03-05 18:30

    Welcome to the forum AZRentals. :usa Sounds like you have a rather good size operation.

  532. #532AZRentals2010-03-06 00:32

    I may be calling you for some advice as we have a small problem that is driving me nuts. I think it's a wiring harness but I'll let you know if we can't find it. Thank You. And yes we are big enough to handle anything that makes sense.

  533. #533Lashlander2010-03-06 01:33

    Roll over Pete worked for ECCO out of Indio I think. Haven't seen him post for a while. Welcome!

  534. #534AmerIndependent2010-03-06 02:46

    We would be glad to help as always. Still, it might be worth starting a thread anyway since you're no longer a probationary member. I'm sure the members of this forum would appreciate being able to take a whack at it! While we have our knowledge, we don't know everything- you never know, there could be a member that's experienced the exact same thing. I'd say if you have the time, it's always worth a try.

  535. #535AZRentals2010-03-06 11:03

    We may have figured it out. The unit has been running for a while so we'll wait and see.

  536. #536AmerIndependent2010-03-06 11:12

    We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

  537. #537Bunner2010-03-16 00:11

    Bunner Hay all I have been involved with farming and farm equipment for 35 years. The last few years I have picked up some heavy equipment to use around the farm. Most of it is older equipment and I do most of the repairs myself. Your site has been and I know will be very helpful in the repair, restoring of my equipment.

  538. #538tracksntreadslo2010-03-16 15:48

    Hi ...I Have been around heavy equipment and logging equipment for most of my life and have ran lots of various machines..I worked in the logging industry for many years and with cutbacks i had to change careers..I now work in pipe trades in fire protection....I am still intrested In construction equipment and collect ,build radio controlled 1/14 scale construction ,logging equipment...I am looking forward to being a member and shareing some of my stories and photos ..Cheers Lou

  539. #539matts4x42010-03-18 11:36

    matts4x4 My experience, well I grew up on a ranch working on and running tractors. Now I am 32 years old. Bought my first dozer (D3B) almost 3 years ago. Bought a little 6 yard Ford dump truck 1 year ago. And just made my exciting purchase of a excavator last week. A MDI/ Yutani 140B LC. Runs good, looks nice but have a few questions. I will post in a new thread later but the question is. The Yutani 140, same as a Kobelco 120, I think. Has 4 run settings on a dial. Mine is all wore out and I dont have any books, but could someone tell me what the different settings are. Moving clockwise and starting at the far left, 10 o'clock it looks like a I, S, C, D. Thanks, Matt

  540. #540tonka2010-03-18 11:47

    Welcome to the site matt4x4, since you now have 3 posts you can make your own thread and ask away... good luck with your mini ex!

  541. #541Crawler Hawler2010-03-23 22:13

    Hi all, Been in mining for 12 years. I was fortunate enough to start early (I'm 31), and learn from some good experienced operators. I get to operate just about everything in our quarry including a D9L, 16G and 992G among others.. Joined up here cause of all the good info and pictures!

  542. #542willie592010-03-23 22:17

    Welcome to the forum Crawler Hawler. :usa

  543. #543maytag2010-03-26 21:27

    maytag Very nice forum with a large base of knowledge. I'm not involved with heavy equipment now, I'm an industrial mechanic and a hydraulic technician-thought maybe I could lend a hand with some of the hydraulic problems that weren't "product specific" and in return possibly improve my skillset. Tom

  544. #544andmac2010-03-27 01:11

    andmac Hello all, im 28 and have been using a kx91-2 for about 8 years doing concrete work (slabs, foundations, driveways ect) and want to get into full time excavation work. The kubotas old and bit loose and i want to upgrade to a newer slighty bigger machine. As for hobbies i don't mind a hunt now and then. Bunnies, small game, pigs and getting into deer. Good site by the way only one i could find like it. Hoping to get some advice looks theres a lot of good, experienced operators on this site and happy to help others if i can. Cheers.:drinkup

  545. #545farmergeo2010-03-27 10:34

    Hello everyone, I'm a Sheep & Cattle farmer in the East Cape, South Africa.I have always been interested in Heavy Machines and recently saved an abandoned JD 401CD from being completly stripped and will be asking members on how to rebuild the remains into a workable TLB.

  546. #546stock2010-03-27 15:38

    Welcome there Farmergeo ,enjoy the forum, get you post numbers up to start your own thread,and well post some pictures and have at it ..

  547. #547iquithadenuff2010-03-29 16:19

    Hello....just joined, after lurking for a few months. I am a retired tool and die maker, and the not so proud owner of a JD450C crawler/loader. Bought it last fall to carve some hard clay, here in Michigan....The old girl is getting tired, presently dead on a hill. More to come later.

  548. #548willie592010-03-29 19:31

    Welcome to the forum iquithadenuff. :usa Yes, do give us more details about your Deere.

  549. #549Soiled2010-03-30 06:57

    Hello all, joined after researching dozers, which I'm in the market for. Just found out I have 2 dead holes in my New Holland LX885 so I'm currently searching for horror stories about them on the site. Anyways, thanks in advance for all the pros that take time out of there lives to help the uneducated heavy equipment owners like myself. Jeremy

  550. #550graderkev2010-03-30 17:55

    graderkev ,here found the website over the weekend and love it i ran a cat in the oilfield for bout 4 yrs now i run a grader for the county where we live here in southwest kansas and love it:

  551. #551Grader4me2010-03-30 19:06

    Welcome to HEF graderKev and Soiled! Join right in on the discussions..Great group of people here.

  552. #552willie592010-03-30 19:41

    Welcome to the forum graderkev. :usa Running a grader for that county, gotta be a great job. Hi Soiled, welcome to the forum. Your not far from me in Onieda. Chilton Tractor on Hwy 27 used to be a New Holland dealer, are they still there? BTW, nice new avitar G4m

  553. #553150 Timmy2010-04-02 03:08

    It's cool to know that I'm not the only heavy equipment geek out there. I'm an operating engineer apprentice and I can truely say I love my job. IUOE LOCAL 150

  554. #554kiwi2010-04-02 23:49

    hello all from new zealand , great looking forum. i work in a quarry & operate an ex700 as well as a volvo a35. our other machines are ex400 x2,ex200 x2,terex dumpers x2,volvo a25, volvo l120 & a new volvo l230. great forum & i hope to chat with others soon. cheers regards bluey

  555. #555du5tyl2010-04-09 17:38

    Du5tyl - Dusty Lane Hello All; I own and operate a Cat 252b. Just found this forum the other day and think it is great. Have found it difficult to find information on heavy equipment out there on the net - especially for caterpillar.

  556. #556willie592010-04-09 18:43

    Welcome to the forum du5tyl. :usa

  557. #557Rally_Action2010-04-12 18:23

    Hi Guys, Probably did things the wrong way round. I've posted threads on the forum before introductions... I'm currently looking for my own backhoe for my property. Spent the last 10 years or more on and off machinery, mostly excavators from 1.5T-30T, bobcats and backhoes within the utilities and mining industries. These days I don't operate with my job, however I manage a lot of civil works projects where staff and/or contractors are using HE. Great forum and invaluable knowledge base here.... Karl

  558. #558transdat2010-04-14 04:53

    Hi Guys I have been involved in heavy machinery for about 20 years here in Australia. Just found this site and it is great to see boys still want to play in the sand pit. Loking forward to speaking to you all. Regards Bob

  559. #559s11202010-04-16 09:05

    Hey there guys! Im new to the Heavy Equipment world, but not tractors and stuff. Just picked up a old Case 580CK for use around the land. Fell into a deal, and its WAYYY over kill for me, but I have a list of uses for it a mile long allready!!!!

  560. #560AlbertaAl2010-04-24 09:44

    Good morning everyone!! I just registered here and this is my first post!! I am a grader operator from western Canada and I work for a municipality west of Edmonton Alberta. I have been operating a grader for about 20 years and have been at my current job for about 5 years. Intersting site with lots of information......this should be a blast to participate in!!! Cheers Al

  561. #561willie592010-04-24 10:48

    Welcome to the forum AlbertaAl. :usa There's a number of Canucks on the forum and a number of grader hands.

  562. #562Grader4me2010-04-24 10:58

    Welcome to HEF AlbertaAl Look foward to your posts. :canada:canada

  563. #563DonBC2010-04-24 14:32

    Another west coast Canadian I found this site a couple of days ago and registered. I live on Gabriola Island just off Vancouver Island. I got an interest in all things mechanical from growing up on a wheat farm in southern Saskatchewan but I was never a heavy equipment operator. I got a degree in mechanical engineering so my equipment experience was limited to some exposure with summer jobs or some sideline projects which gave me experience on tractor and crawler loader/backhoes and a snowcats grooming ski runs. When we moved to Gabriola Island I saw a need for a small road grader to maintain and construct private driveways for the numerous acreages on the island. There were several loader/backhoes and excavators but no graders on the island. I picked up an Allis Chalmers Model D grader which is a perfect size for this type of work. This is a retirement hobby and a source of some supplementary retirement income. If anyone knows of a D grader parts machine I am looking for the angle drive for the power circle.

  564. #564Arni2010-04-24 14:41

    Hi All We are working mainly with technics by JCB (JCB 3CX\3CX Super\ 4CX, JCB JS200L, JS240L) but with another too (Caterpillar, Volvo CE, Hitachi etc.) Hope, here I can improve my English and learn more about heavy construction equipment. Best Regards from Russia, Arni

  565. #565stock2010-04-24 14:57

    Welcome come one come all ...............

  566. #566Bullpuncher2010-04-26 16:40

    Whats Happening Everyone Hello, My name is bullpuncher,it is a goofy name, but I have had it since I was 17 and working for a rodeo stock contractor. I live and work in Florida as an inspector for an engineering firm. I go all over the state working on landfills and water waste water systems. I started out as a laborer straight out of highschool and worked my way up to operator and lead man. I have been working as an inspector since 2006 and and still get the itch to get back on some iron every now and then. I heard the best quote that I have ever heard the other day " The only reason I am a legend is because I have grey hair, if it wasn't for the grey hair I would just be another engineer" Dr. David Crapps

  567. #567stock2010-04-26 17:12

    Welcome thar lad ,best tell me some more bout my lost kin folk..........

  568. #568ngv15152010-04-26 19:55

    ngv1515 hi my name is Nelson and i am a VW Audi technician but i started turning wrenches when i was 12 years old with my uncle rebuilding a 1973 D6-C. i had lots of fun welding and cutting metal. yes i was a little too young:tong Now 12 years later my uncle needs my help because he is a little too old. so thats why im here, to learn about CATs and possibly switch from cars to CATs. looking forward to it too.

  569. #569Madmark732010-04-27 09:08

    Hey, i am a Fitter by trade, mostly worked with the Cat dealer in NSW Australia, Also worked for Kenworth for 4 years. Now off the spanners in Sales . Madmark73

  570. #570Madmark732010-04-27 09:10

    Have some great pics to post..when i get the go ahead to post them!!!

  571. #571du5tyl2010-04-27 11:05

    Thank you ATCOEQUIP

  572. #572hrlow22010-05-24 21:41

    Hello to all and thank you for admitting me. Honestly, I'm here for a friend who doesn't have internet access. He asked me to help him out, so trying to do so. My friend is starting an excavation company and s trying to find the books he needs to study for the test. Will provide the names needed if anybody thinks they might be willing or able to assist.

  573. #573stock2010-05-25 04:03

    Site Engineers Manual This is an excellent book and given a choice I would want it on a desert island ; along with a few others ,good broadband to access the net and this HEF.Qball did have some books listed here as well which may be more suited to your side of the planet,but the one I listed above I can't recommend highly enough. PS we are all here to be of assistance..

  574. #574hrlow22010-05-25 05:18

    The ones my friend has me looking for are Heave Equiptment OperationsLevel 1 Trainee Guide. Also Levels 2 and 3 of the same name. Heavy Highway Level 1 International Building Code. Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

  575. #575jds882010-06-02 01:23

    jds88 Hello from Western Kentucky. I own a Ford 550 Backhoe, needs a bit of TLC and this site looks very informative.

  576. #576HSV1272010-06-10 16:43

    Hsv127 Hi, I'm from the central north island New Zealand, I have been operating machinery on farms doing everything from cultivation to making sites for cowsheds and the like. We run a mixture of mainly older earthmoving gear including: 6 Cat 613A scrapers Michigan 111 scraper Cat 320A digger Cat EL240B digger Cat EL300B digger Cat D6H bulldozer Cat Challenger MT745 Champion D680 grader Komatsu D21A-6 bulldozer Plus a whole bunch of ag tractors and gear. Found this site when I was searching for information on a scraper, huge amount of information on here! My hobbies are machinery and cars, hence the name, this is one of my cars which is a 1988 Holden VL Walkinshaw, the Aussie and NZ boys will know it.

  577. #577Shale2010-06-10 21:22

    hello, reporting from new jersey here. just wanna say i love dirt ! I look forward to talking construction with everyone here. ive been working with a company doing synthetic fields and parks the past few years. i love operating equipment but also do a fair share of laboring. My favorite piece was a 1975 cat 977 track loader. And also like the new Cat 314 with front the front blade/stablizer. ok talk to u soon

  578. #578cjkustoms2010-06-10 23:22

    Hello from Ontario, Canada Looking for info and help with our case 580 sl series 2, we have lost forward and reverse. thanks in advance for any advice out there.

  579. #579LOSIASSOCIATED2010-07-04 04:02

    Hello from Allentown PA. I will be posting cool pics soon.

  580. #580Seafarer122010-07-06 21:33

    Seafarer12 Hello All. I was introduced to the site from another board. I am an electrical and controls tech at a power plant in the Austin area. I have worked power plants and maritime for the last 13 years or so. I have 31 acres I am building on and after borrowing a friends JD 350 dozer I have started looking for one of my own. It sure was nice having that thing out there for a month.

  581. #581tigtim2010-08-05 13:55

    good day all Been a operator tractor trailer but now i run grader great job

  582. #582tigtim2010-08-05 14:50

    should of said been an operator for 35 yrs run loader dozer cat hoe. enddump. float flatdeck etc have heavyequipment training and now i operate a 720vhp champiniongrader which is currently down due to fuel in the motor oil

  583. #583norite2010-08-06 11:22

    Hi everyone I'm from northern Ontario Canada (near Sudbury). I've been reading posts here since I found this forum and thought it was a group worth joining. Lots of good info so far, I hope I can contribute as well in the future.

  584. #584Jdigger41302010-08-12 19:28

    Hello, I am A carpenter by vocation here in N. Ca and was turned on to this site from A fellow modeler/diecast guy. I have been around earthmoving and logging since I was a kid (38 yr old) in Del Norte county. I wanted to be in this industry and family had other ideas. wound up going to mech school in Eugene Or but found Carpentry WAY more lucrative and easier frankly. Anyway I LOVE MACHINES and TRUCKS!!!! My bros are car guys... I am a machine nut. I do have decent skills w Deere controls and use "rental" stuff a decent amount. I am no operator and am the first to admit er. Thanks for havin me and cant wait to scope EVERY thing contained in this site! Justin N

  585. #585willie592010-08-12 20:45

    Well, forum has been a bit hit or miss lately, been hard to catch the new members. So here's a welcome to Jdigger and a belated welcome to the recent new members. :usa

  586. #586farm2010-08-12 22:15

    Hi All Nice forum people, I love the amount of info that there is to be found on boards like this. I have been a member of several other boards for a while and never cease to be amazed at what some people know about the things that interest them. I have been lurking on this forum for about a year so some of your names almost seem familiar now. I farm in the central west of Western Australia, we are croppers mainly but I have always had an interest in earth moving equipment of any sort and also trucks. While the droughts were on here and there was nothing to do on the farm I went away and worked on a couple different mines for a while driving roadtrains carting iron ore. As soon as I can work out how the hell to post some pictures of those times I will get right on it, in the meantime all the best to you all and I hope to talk to you more in the future steve (farm)

  587. #587stock2010-08-13 13:49

    Welcome there Farm delighted to have you.

  588. #588PC12010-08-13 16:08

    Hi My name is Mark ,I work with heavy equipment driver 13 years old ,and I like to learn how to maintain the equipment that I work with.

  589. #589MadJack2010-08-23 14:48

    I have owned and operated my own construction co. (Nelson Construction Co.) since 1996. I have a TB 145 execavator, Ditch Witch Trencher and Skidstear. I do water systems, basements, septic systems, site prep, land clearing, long arm mowing and bush hoging.

  590. #590stock2010-08-23 15:19

    Welcome Mad Jack What happened to No 7 ? YouTube - Grizzly Adams : Howdy Do, I'm Mad Jack

  591. #591MadJack2010-08-23 15:26

    Thanks for the Welcome. No.7 ? I'm a little slow today.

  592. #592stock2010-08-23 15:44

    This old fogie recalls No 7 as being Mad Jacks burrow in the Tv series "Grizzly Adams" YouTube - Maybe- performed by Thom Pace- The theme song of TV series " The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" with lyrics

  593. #593MadJack2010-08-23 15:48

    Like I said, a little slow today. Havent seen Grizlly Adams in a long time. Good movie.

  594. #594The Tackman2010-08-23 16:56

    Thanks for this forum I've enjoyed reading it. I am in the asphalt industry working as an Asst.Foreman. I have ran Gravel Trains, B-Trains,Short Doubles and Red River live bottoms hauling asphalt in Michigan now I am happy to reside in N.Georgia...Well thanks again for the forum.

  595. #595willie592010-08-23 20:22

    Yep, that was a great TV show Stock. Welcome to The Tackman and MadJack, and both are from the Peach State. :cool2 Hey Madjack, I worked on a highway project many moons ago on Hwy 76 between Hiwassee and Clayton. I remember traveling through Blairsville to get to the site. Lucky to find a straight piece of road in the part of the country. :tong

  596. #596MadJack2010-08-23 21:06

    Where did you find it, I havent found any yet.

  597. #597willie592010-08-23 21:43

    What I'm sayin. LoL

  598. #598MadJack2010-08-23 21:54

    I need a cab for my TB 145. Do you know of any salvage yards that might have any?:beatsme

  599. #599willie592010-08-23 22:23

    Ouch! That doesn't look good. Maybe try Iron Peddlers for a cab.

  600. #600MadJack2010-08-23 22:26

    Thanks I will give them a try.

  601. #601dewhite042010-08-27 16:59

    dewhite04 I found this forum searching google for information about one of our machines. We've got a barn full of "toys" ranging from a '74 John Deere 2040 Farm Tractor to a '00 Cat 963C Track Loader...

  602. #602dewhite042010-08-27 17:02

    While I'm working my post count past 3 I thought I might ask here if there are any other good internet resources for information about heavy equipment?

  603. #603willie592010-08-27 19:55

    Welcome to the forum dewhite04. :usa What kind of information are you looking for?

  604. #604monkey2010-08-28 00:12

    Guess I should said "Howdy" before posting I'm just a wanna-be big equipment operator LOL Probably like most, it started in the sandbox with Tonka toys....it really did for me If it could alter the ground beneath me, had a motor and you could drive it, I was on it or wanted to be on it. Fast forward umpteen years/many umpteen years , I bought me a little 160 acre piece of land just so I could finally justify buying some toys to play with :cool2 Have a couple of tractors, a D31-16 dozer and a EL240B God I have fun, I'll dig a hole just to fill it back in :woohoo I am in the process of building a pond though I think I need more bigger equipment LOL been drooling over a nice D5 or D6 A dump truck and nice tracked loader would be sweet also.....I could make that pond even more better OH, what a great site. Been cruising many hours, usually LMAO Tom

  605. #605willie592010-08-28 00:21

    Welcome to the forum monkey. :usa

  606. #606dewhite042010-08-28 09:52

    I'm trying to get the starter off of a '00 Cat 963c loader, and not having much luck with an 11mm socket. Because of the backset of the flange next to the starter body, the only thing I can fit in there is 1/4" drive w/ a universal joint and extension. Just can't seem to get a good bite on it that way. Any thoughts, or suggestions?

  607. #607willie592010-08-28 13:10

    Might just have to use a 12 point wrench and whack it with a hammer to break it loose. Staters can be a PITA to work on.

  608. #608monkey2010-08-28 15:49

    lol, wish they were all that easy to get to, try and get to the back starter bolt on a Cat 3116 motor yeah your best bet is a wrench till you get it broken loose then use the ratchet

  609. #609dewhite042010-08-28 17:04

    I believe our 963c does have a 3116 motor in it. Thanks for the tip about using a box wrench and hammer. We'll see how that goes tomorrow morning - I'll let ya'll know!

  610. #610Curbster2010-08-30 01:37

    Curbster Greetings one and all. I am located in the southern interior of B.C., Canada. The area is right in the mountains with many different climates including a large amount of snow in the winter months. I have operated equipment for 35 years, and presently own a 1997 426 C IT four wheel drive cat backhoe, and an 81 Cat 950. Also a few single axle dump trucks and an old Star tandem dump with a Detroit Series II, 15 -speed. I have operated so many different pieces of iron over the years that you lose track of the amount of time spent doing it. D-9H cats in the Yukon and Komatsu 825A grader in northern B.C. Loaders of all types and sizes to a 992 Cat. After all of these years operating equipment I'm truly amazed at how much I don't know! It is a never ending education, and the school of hard-knocks has been a prime supplier of knowledge. Thank God for all the old timers who took the time to teach me what little I did retain!! The experience has always been greatly entertaining and enjoyable.:canada

  611. #611stock2010-08-30 03:29

    Welcome there Curbster,delighted to have you.With an introduction like that I'd say you are a prime candidate for the old duffers club,with Atco,ocr,Tiny, myself,granpa etc etc.......

  612. #612willie592010-08-30 20:21

    Aye, welcome to the forum Curbster. :usa

  613. #613shorty7502010-09-01 19:33

    hello from western mo have small buisness mulching brush and older for farm wk old bantam trkmounted, heinwerner c-14, 8250 trex used to travel pipe weld all over and did heavey haul in alaska and run eqpt their.

  614. #614willie592010-09-01 19:38

    Welcome to the forum shorty750. :usa There are several members here from western "Show Me" state.

  615. #615stock2010-09-02 03:28

    WELCOME there Shorty...................... 750 small /shorty people Hmmmmm...............

  616. #616WIDELOAD2010-09-02 21:41

    Hello everyone, newbie from Va. A little about myself i have driven lowboy for 15 years moving equipment for several companies in northern va. I worked as a heavy equipment and truck mechanic for the last 7 years until the company i was working for went out of business,bummer. Now i am back in a tractor pulling iron again. Which is a nightmare in northern va. Just found the forum and really liked what i saw. So hello from Va.

  617. #617willie592010-09-02 21:46

    Welcome to the forum WIDELOAD. :usa

  618. #618DEERE310SG2010-09-04 15:49

    Hi my name is Kyle and im from New Brunswick,Canada:canada and i am a heavy equipment operator. I have been a round heavy equipment and Big Trucks all my life. I took the heavy equipment operator course in 2008 at Atlantic Transport Training Academy.

  619. #619stock2010-09-04 16:19

    Welcome Kyle there are a few threads on operator school that you might share your experiences and have a good thyme............

  620. #620Karen Liu2010-09-07 05:16

    This is Karen from China, I am doing hydraualic fittings and hose assemblies for heavy equipment. And I worked for this area about 2 years. It's a coincidence, I found this forum that I can learn more about heavy equipments. So, now I am here, say hello to everybody!

  621. #621MrKomatsu2010-09-07 18:29

    :usawelcome aboard lady....there r a lot of people here....someone will have the answer for what ever you need......:usa

  622. #622Dirty Girl2010-09-08 01:34

    Hello All, I'm a newly graduated HEO. I'm finished certification on excavator and starting on grader. I LOVE IT! Any words of wisdom about getting hired when I'm finished school? I'm really new to the whole industry and anything is appreciated.

  623. #623Bakerman2010-09-08 12:25

    Hello. I'm a surveyor and generally work on construction sites. I'm very interested in the machine control equipment that is available now. I'm especially interested in the design of the 3d models that drive the machines. This is a great site and I'm glad that "uncle" Google lead me here. - Frank

  624. #624stock2010-09-08 12:26

    Well ta failte romhat. welcome there DG do tell us of your experiences..........

  625. #625ON-Inspector2010-09-09 10:26

    Hello from Southern Ontario! been lurking for some time and thought i'd join to share some photo's. I've been a construction inspector for about 6 years now, (i know i know, the ones you love to hate:beatsme) but i really enjoy the business, and love the info on here.

  626. #626stock2010-09-09 13:34

    Well done and welcome I look forward to hearing your side of the story and maybe how we can both change to help make each others job easier.....

  627. #627ON-Inspector2010-09-10 09:43

    Common sense is the biggest hurdle as i am sure you can imagine. The vast majority of contractors we work with take time and pride in their work, and I learn a lot from them, unfortunately there are the few that are out to just turn a quick buck and get things done cheaply that tarnish reputations. We have a common practice at my company that all new designers must spend at least 2 seasons in the field to "learn" how things go together, and how to design plans that actually work. There is no substitute for mud on your boots! Mike

  628. #628chiptoomey2010-09-12 11:01

    chiptoomey Hi all...now that I know why I can't start a thread, I'll introduce myself and try to get my three posts. My name is Chip, I recently purchased a '68 Case 580CK to use around the yard. Overall, the machine is in great shape. It runs strong, digs well and so far, is doing what I ask. I have a few technical issues that I am working on, but those will come in later posts. For now, it is good to see so many people working with old equipment. Cheers, Chip

  629. #629rabbit2010-09-12 15:10

    New Member Been in and around the Excavating, Demolition, Underground and plumbing business for about 50 years. Have a Plumbing and construction company with my son, in Tonasket, WA. USA. We do all phazes of pipe work including no dig installation.

  630. #630stock2010-09-12 15:23

    Welcome there rabbit hope you enjoy the forum. Are you one of them fellas that put in services with no excavation ???? or warning tape, the ones that the locates can't find or that are not on any Drawing?????

  631. #631rabbit2010-09-12 20:51

    new members Weelll, Stock, I may be guilty at times. But the alternative is digging up some very expensive real estate. Probably not in any area anyone would be digging anyway. Past projects are: under buildings, in down or up slopes and retaining walls. and not easily accessed areas. Our work is mostly digging them up but we can also reline an existing sewer line, 4 to 6 inch.

  632. #632Dirty Girl2010-09-16 20:03

    hello Stock. Don't really have any experiences ....yet. I'll be sure to keep ya posted though!

  633. #633brock382010-09-16 20:40

    Hello from Australia, I am a retired Earthmoving Mechanic, and I am happy to share my Knowledge to other people, that I can pass on to members in need of some information, about there problems, otherwise the future Generation's will never know ! PS.born in 1938.

  634. #634willie592010-09-16 21:20

    Welcome to the forum brock38. :usa

  635. #635stock2010-09-17 04:32

    Sorry DG I was referring to ON-inspector who has been a site inspector and who, in time to come you will lock horns with or one with of his equals.... DG I see by your primary post that you are a recently qualified HEO; I am in construction for more years than I care to remember,probably longer than you are on the planet and I am slow to say I am qualified on anything as is always seems to bite me in the backside when I do,I know a few things but there is a lot to learn even for an old duffer like me.I rant enough,lots of people come here looking for advice on HEO schools which you have experience of so why not in form us of you personal experiences there...................

  636. #636uconn912010-09-17 13:23

    I work in the filtration industry and have for over 3 years. My experience is in the industrial (hydraulic, lube, compressor and petroleum markets) If anyone has any questions regarding water in fuel, what filters work best, etc.... I would be glad to assist. Also, if anyone needs assistance in finding a replacement filter I might be able to help with that as well. I look forward to learning from the people on this forum and hope to be able to share.

  637. #637wozza712010-09-18 04:40

    Hi Guys great forum, Im Wozza from Victoria,Australia. I have interest in quarrying and a little plant hire over here in the "land down under" Im enjoying this site very much Cheers Wozza

  638. #638Priemsy2010-09-19 21:06

    Another Aussie here. Retired on a block in western Victoria. Got my Case 580K super today, drove it 200 meters up my track and run out of fuel, geez dealers can be tight. Looking for the hand primer on the pump but can't find one. Can anybody help?

  639. #639Priemsy2010-09-19 22:06

    PS. When can I start a thread??

  640. #640willie592010-09-19 22:11

    Welcome to the forum Priemsy. :usa Once you make 3 posts to any thread, except TGIF, after a short period of time you'll become a Junior member and can start a thread.

  641. #641Priemsy2010-09-19 22:20

    Thank you for that.

  642. #642willie592010-09-19 22:24

    There ya go, got three in. Now just wait a spell, even helps it you hit the "Log Out" button at the top right, then log back in. This re-sets the cookies.

  643. #643Priemsy2010-09-19 22:32

    Ha ha ha, that was easy. Thanks again lol.

  644. #644mikesmobile2010-09-21 20:42

    mikesmobile --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, My name is Mike, I've been a mechanic/welder for about the last 10 years. I have just recently started doing work on my own on the side and during my vacation days. I'm a certified welder and I work on construction equipment in the equipment rental business.

  645. #645willie592010-09-21 20:56

    Welcome to the forum mikesmobile. :usa Are you gathering up equipment to start into your own mobile repair/welding business?

  646. #646mikesmobile2010-09-21 21:18

    I wouldn't say I want to solely start up my own thing, I hope to get into a union construction trade, someday (hopefully soon). For now I'm just utilizing my skills to earn some extra money on the side. I have accumulated some stuff to help me do so above just my tools, i.e. - welders, torch outfit, things of that nature. if the side work turns into my bread and butter I might consider, but mobile mechanic work here where I live is a pretty competitive business to get into, I just get contacts through work or through people I know, I don't know how well I'd do if I put full effort into it. I do enjoy welding on equipment repairs, buckets, teeth, pin bores, stuff like that, I'm careful at what I take on because I'm pretty much self taught, I've learned the hard way for the first few years so I feel I'm good at what I do know, and I am cautious and particular at what I don't

  647. #647mikesmobile2010-09-21 21:21

    oh yeah, thanks for the welcome!

  648. #648mikesmobile2010-09-21 21:27

    this is a great web site! by the way when can I start a new thread? I have a question on a meco 24" saw, where is the appropriate place to post a question regarding a concrete saw? thanks, Mike

  649. #649willie592010-09-21 21:31

    Well, you've got your 3rd probationary post in. In a short time you'll become a Junior Member and be able to start a thread. It does help to hit the log out button at top right, then log back in. This re-sets website cookies. As for your question, I think I would start a thread about a concrete saw at this subforum.

  650. #650mikesmobile2010-09-21 21:34

    thank you! I appreciate the information

  651. #651MrKomatsu2010-09-21 21:35

    Welcome aboard Mike ...there r a lot of good peps here.....enjoy....:usa:drinkup

  652. #652Priemsy2010-09-21 21:43

    A long way to come and do a job here in Aus. mate.

  653. #653Bunner2010-09-22 08:33

    Hay Mike Welcome Mike, But quit working on the side and fix my truck. Then maybe you can come over and practice doing heavy equipment repairs on my excavator. On the side that is.

  654. #654stock2010-09-22 11:06

    Welcome Mike enjoy your time here and remember you will get back what you put in....... I take it your not old enough to be in the esteemed old duffers club like Atco.............

  655. #655Bison2010-09-25 00:14

    Hello there,I'm Simon from Peace river -Alberta I'm a Bison rancher and have many yrs of experience in welding,machining and general repair on all kinds of equipment in my on farm one stop repair shop side business. Also operate loaders,dozers and every kind of farm machinery. I own only older equipment and bought/buy them as fixer uppers(i like a challence) for use on my ranch

  656. #656rabbit2010-09-25 10:36

    Welcome. I understand that its really a challange to keep those bison in? :usa

  657. #657Bison2010-09-25 11:54

    Not really,keep them fed,they'll be happy and never leave ye

  658. #658greggn2010-09-29 05:16

    My 2 nephews, sister and I are re-opening a sandstone quarry in Ontario Canada. We have a Cat 916 loader, Sellick 8000 forklift, Moffet Mounty 5000, and a Fiat FR7 Loader.

  659. #659stock2010-09-29 06:18

    Welcome there Greggn,next thing is to get a few posts under the belt and start posting some pictures of the joint venture ...............................

  660. #660rabbit2010-09-29 10:43

    Good luck on your new venture. :usa

  661. #661Dr Komatsu2010-09-29 18:23

    Hi there Hello everyone, I'm a Komatsu Field Engineer for the UK Komatsu dealership . Have been with Komatsu UK dealers since 89' Working on everything from mini excavators to rigid mining trucks. Great site .

  662. #662willie592010-09-29 20:30

    Welcome to the forum Dr Komatsu. :usa

  663. #663JetExHeavyHaul2010-09-30 09:02

    Heavy Hauler Hello Texas here I have been doing heavy haul for about 6 years now and have a 4 axle tractor that pulls a 3 axle strech when also run RGN trailers. Been hard last year or so. Economy just bites right now:usa

  664. #664rabbit2010-09-30 10:39

    I feel your pain. I too have parked my semi /lowboy for lack of use. Probably drop insurance this next renewal. Having a tough time keeping 12yd and 6 yd trucks going. :usa

  665. #665cat-mechanic2010-09-30 12:07

    Hi all. Spent the past 7 years working for the local Cat dealer here. Have about 20 years experience with several different construction companies all as a mechanic.

  666. #666JetExHeavyHaul2010-09-30 15:51

    Hey Rabit what equipment do you run may have some work

  667. #667GVHALL2010-10-02 01:02

    Gvhall I have no heavy equipment experience but am looking for a skid steer for help in building a home on mountain property. Slash piles, removing dead timber, road, trenching, foundation/house pad work, etc. Right now I'm just trying to absorb some of the language and learn what to look for when buying a used machine. I appreciate all the info I've already found on this forum. Thanks to everyone.

  668. #668stock2010-10-02 03:27

    Welcome there GV delighted to have you don't hesitate to ask questions of the old duffers and the whippersnappers I sure we will all oblige...............................

  669. #669rabbit2010-10-02 14:05

    I don't know. I have used the skid steers in the past but my dislike is: too low to the ground, easy to get stuck in mud and driving over branches and brush, you will need several attachment to do your project. I think an all around machine for what you want to do would be a Kubota 4x4 loader with backhoe. They keep their resale value if not trashed so if you didn't want to keep it you could recoup most of your investment. :usa

  670. #670GVHALL2010-10-03 12:10

    Thanks, Rabbit. I'll research your suggestion.

  671. #671Kwabbus2010-10-08 14:36

    Thats why Kwabbus. To introduce myself: My name is Wouter Mol. I live in the Netherlands. I'm working as a scheduler and consultant at a EPZ Nuclair Power plant in Borselle, near ROTTERDAM (main port of Europe) in Holland. I am involved with their Maintenance and shutdowns. From origin I'm a civil engineer and my first job was working with Jac Rijk, a constructor who (still) owns one of the greatest fleet off CATERPILLAR machines in the Netherlands. That’s already 30 years ago. It’s also the moment my collection started. I only collect CATERPILLAR scale models in 1:48-1:50 in original CATERPILLAR colors. Because my career moved through the years from outside to indoors I now only see some sand and dust in the windowcorner off my office. I'm also a member from the Dutch Bouw Machine Forum [BMF]: http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=12906&start=330#p395560 I have started writing reviews about all my CATERPILLAR scale models. So I can go one for many years,,,,,,,, On my wishlist is making my own website. My other and serious hobby: Search and rescue work with my new dog: Fellow , a Leonberger. Under supervision from my first dog, a Newfoundlander, and his retired "grandpa" Kwabbus we have started training in the Dutch Search and Rescue group called DRG . Wanne see more about us? Check his BLOG : http://fidelisfellowthegardianangel.blogspot.com/ http://people.zeelandnet.nl/cn.drg/ With friendly regards, Wouter Mol

  672. #672willie592010-10-08 20:14

    Welcome to the forum Kwabbus. :usa

  673. #673RoundTuit2010-10-09 10:53

    RoundTuit Hello all. My name is Justin. I am a heavy equipment operator aka Dirt Boy in the good ol United States Air Force. I have been in for almost 8 years and I am coming up on 2 years as an equipment operator. I have run just about any piece that you can come up with on the mid to small scale size. Right now I am deployed to the desert from McChord AFB in Washington state and I am wrapping up 6 months of sandy fun thinking about getting home. I have logged hours and hours of equipment time here in some very interesting situations. All in all I have spent a lot of time in Loaders(old cat 2.5yd)(newish cat 4yd), international water trucks, bomag rollers, komatsu graders, komatsu excavator, bobcats(bucket, trencher, breaker, auger), Volvo backhoe, Pollack trenchers with a rock saw(this thing is amazing), 10 and 30T dumps(International 10s and Hino 30s), and the bain of the air force Dirt Boyz existence the street sweeper:throwup. We also have a dozer but we havent had the need to use it. My proficiency is getting there. The more time I spend on a grader the more I love the piece. The most difficult thing for me to learn has been the dozer. I have only had training and minimal practice operating them though. When my post count is up to 3! I will start an intro thread with all my info. My hobbies are driving my VW, video games, and hiking.

  674. #674Grader4me2010-10-10 10:47

    Welcome to HEF Roundtuit! Hope you enjoy the forum.

  675. #675stock2010-10-10 11:04

    RoundTuit Probationary Member Join Date: Oct 2010 Location: Lacey, Washington Posts: 2 I will welcome him when I get around to it.......................................

  676. #676RoundTuit2010-10-10 12:41

    Dun Dun Chsh! haha. Its become more of a no excuses type thing for me. Grader4me - thanks for the welcome!

  677. #677stock2010-10-10 13:47

    Failte a mhic, Why the "boltswagen " badge?.........................

  678. #678RoundTuit2010-10-10 14:01

    I have been a fan of VW's since 03. Moreso newer models and Vanagons. I am big into the Volkswagen scene up in Washington state and I have a modified 09 Tiguan that I show and take to the track. Close to 275HP and 300lb ft of torque out of my turbocharged 2.0 4 cylinder.

  679. #679stock2010-10-10 14:34

    Yep can be done wonder how long for though??????????????????.....................Vor sprung duit tecknik or some such ...........................................VAG "like the veyron though" YouTube - Bugatti Veyron vs BMW M3

  680. #680tharepairguy2010-10-10 19:49

    Hello everyone.. Greeting from western illinois Don't have a lot of exp in the heavy equip field. I've helped my cousin out in the concrete business since ive been 16 here and there. I enjoy forming a lot more than finish work, quite the opposite of my cousin. Hard to believe that was 14 years ago. Equipment ive operated include backhoe's, skidsteers, dumptrucks, trackhoe and a Telebelt Truck. Getting ready for an addition to the house and i've always wanted to own a backhoe to play on. Looking at picking one up tomorrow but not sure as its leaking blood from quite a few places..

  681. #681ridgerunner2010-10-11 00:39

    ridgerunner Howdy all My name is Shayne am pushing 50 and live up in the Cascade mountains in British Columbia Canada. I hung up my carpenters belt 8 years ago and bought an 89 Cat 426 and started digging. I plow snow and spread sand/salt for the winter months and excavate/build large boulder walls for the summer months. I learned to weld/fabricate as a hooby but it has now become essential to kepping my equipment going I have built 3 snow plows to date. Since starting my new venture my list of equipment has grown to include a 1982 gmc 1 ton dually 4x4 with plow/spreader,1985 gmc 3/4 ton 4x4 with V plow/spreader,1988 gmc 1 ton dually 4x4 dump,1995 3/4 ton gmc 4x4 with plow,1999 international 5 ton dump with plow/spreader(I bought it in Baltimore and drove 3000 miles across the USA),2000 753 Bobcat and this spring I bought a Kobelco SK75 excavator. I look forward to learning more about heavy equipment through this forum and hopefully help others. Let it snow Let it snow

  682. #682willie592010-10-11 21:13

    Welcome to the forum ridgerunner. :usa As for the snow? Naa, you can keep it.

  683. #683Kattracs12010-10-13 09:08

    We just bought a 2002 D3G XL It was overheating and we removed the gumbo that has packed under the radiator. it seeems to help, but Cat said that the fan should be blowing out. Its not, it is sucking air over the engine. This seems normal but another dozer operator also said it is supposed to blow. The fan only goes on one way...any help out there? I dont have the manual yet to check this out.

  684. #684PapeCAT2010-10-18 17:39

    New Member from California Hi all, New member here from Sacramento. I currently work in Aviation. I have a BA in Music from UCLA, and an A&P aircraft mechanic certificate. Interested in getting some seat time on heavy equipment and researching options/oppurtinuties for starting a new business. PapeCAT

  685. #685guru2010-10-21 22:35

    g'day guys and girls, new member to your board today. Cat dealer trained and am currently apart of our dealer training team. Specialize in Cat Off Highway Trucks. Cheers

  686. #686willie592010-10-21 23:40

    Welcome to the forum guru. :usa You join a good number of aussies that are on the forum.

  687. #687steve.k2010-10-31 23:44

    New from Alberta I found this site doing some searches on Td20h's,I'm very glad I did.It looks very informative and some interesting topics. Thanks Steve

  688. #688rabbit2010-11-01 12:15

    Yes, so tell us who you are and what you do.

  689. #689steve.k2010-11-01 23:32

    What I did and do! :canadaI graduated from school in 81 and half way threw that year I finished grade 12 with enough credits to get out.I went to work in the oilfields of southern Alberta near a town called Claresholm,working for my Dad who had three dozers all new that year.They were a D8k,D7g,and a D3b,we were quite busy until the following year when the start of the 80's oil bust hit.Things were slow so ended up on a drilling rig for awhile roughneckin then back skinning for an outfit called M&J contracting who were busy in northern Alberta in the Red Earth area,running D8h and scraper mostly building oilfield roads.Between them in winter and a few smaller outfits in central Alberta in summer they kept me busy.From there my uncle talked me into buying my first dozer with him that was another D8h, that machine was a lemon and just about put us in the poor house.Ended up trading it for a D7g and the money started to build up a little easier,and my Uncle picked up a few D65e Komatsu's of his own to help out.We kept buying and updating and at the end had 6 Td25c's,2 d7gs, 5 d65e Komatsu's 2 td15c's and 4 200 size trackhoes 3 komatsu's and 1 hitatchi and various support equipment.We worked primarily in the oilfields and for land owners in the central Alberta area.In 97 I was fed up with oilpatch work and went to work in a local coal mine and ran the biggest of the biggest equipment D11n's and 475 Komatsu's it was an excellant experience.Then it was back to the patch where I went on my own with some equipment I kept from the first go around.Started with 3 pieces and built up to 14 now in this last oil boom,it was a good go.With the slow down now we are updating the old and thinning the herd and hope to stay smaller and manageable.I was fortunate to operate a wide variety of machines and got to know the good points and not so good.There was a few other deals in between but Im sure you all heard enough. Steve

  690. #690rabbit2010-11-02 11:19

    Steve: Good experiences, thanks for sharing. You'll enjoy it here if you have time to scan thru all the topics. Many like minded and experienced people. :usa

  691. #691ejd2010-11-04 21:08

    me too!

  692. #692ejd2010-11-04 21:16

    you are a great friend! me too just trying to help a neighbor

  693. #693abdul k2010-11-04 22:16

    G'day ALL, Abdul is the name, I work for a Caterpillar dealer in Australia as an Engine consultant. I have a Hitachi EX50 URG on my 5 acre property just for weekend work, tiding the block up. This site is very useful in regards to the information I can gather and receive, thanks everyone.

  694. #694willie592010-11-04 22:39

    Welcome to the forum abdul k. :usa

  695. #695rabbit2010-11-05 10:25

    Abdul: You wouldn't know how I could get a parts or service manual for that machine? I have one too. Hard to get any info on it. :usa

  696. #696Hoister2010-11-07 17:33

    Hoister Hey everybody, kept finding this site doing some google searches on different pieces of equipment. Looks like a good forum so I figured, why not join? Anyway Im from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. As far as my experience with running equipment, been running cranes for about ten years, working for two of the larger rental outfits. So I hope to contribute some usefull information to the site.

  697. #697abdul k2010-11-07 17:40

    EX50 URG parts and service manual. Rabbit, The local Hitachi dealer has the parts and service manual because I managed to get hold of these books 4 years ago. A work mate knew someone at the Hitachi dealer and he got the books for me, I had to return it though and now I am kicking myself for not copying it for future use. I have never had problems getting parts for my machine, so far I have purchased engine mounts, swivel hub seals from my local Hitachi dealer and engine parts (gaskets) from a local industrial engine Isuzu dealer because I have a 3AD1 turbo charged 3 cylinder diesel in my EX50URG. I will approach the parts guys at the Hitachi dealer and see if they will lend me the manuals again and I will get a copy, PDF it into file's and send it to you, how's that!, I will have a go, the guys at the local Hitachi dealer are pretty helpful. My turbo (compressor wheel) recently started to make contact with its housing and I was told that these turbo's are no longer available worldwide so the local MTQ turbo repair folks rebuilt mine for $1100.00. I will let you know in regards to manuals. regards Abdul :Banghead

  698. #698jefferson herb2010-11-07 23:26

    Navy Machinist Mate 30yrs ago,lumber mill,gypo logging[mechanic],govt entity 21 yrs as mechanic,then fabricator,and looking at the light at the end of tunnel and to semi retire. Loaders,Graders,[deere]Gradalls,trucks,weakest on dozers. Welding:Stick,gas mig tig,with overhead being the most difficult.

  699. #699steve.k2010-11-07 23:32

    welcome Welcome to all newcomers!You will find this site informative! Steve

  700. #700rabbit2010-11-09 10:30

    Abdul: Gee thanks that would be great. We have no Hitachi dealer near here so it is JD. Everytime I call them for parts they give me a bad time about my grey market machine and how hard it is to get anything for it. They wanted 1,000 US for the rear plastic window that goes behind the operator seat. I got some Plexiglass from the lumber yard and some angle iron and made my own. For less than 50 US Have a goodday, :usa

  701. #701maxamillion672010-11-10 14:47

    maxamillion67 I am from North Dakota and live on a 20 acre ranch and have four horses. My hobbies include team roping, horse back riding, boating and tubing. I work as an operator at a coal fired power plant and have some experience with some heavy equipment, scuh as screpers, dozers, front-end loaders, and skid steers. I have 2002 242 Caterpillar skid steer that I use around my ranch to move snow, clean my corals and unload and move round bales. I look forward to using this site seems to have alot of information about equipment. Thanks, Don Carr

  702. #702rabbit2010-11-11 19:11

    Welcome, Don, I won't bore you with our ranching but just think larger.... Sounds like you have the right idea about equipment. :usa

  703. #703gmd19842010-11-11 23:01

    hello my name is mike from Brewster,NY i own a excavation, septic,landscaping,snow plowing and tree company www.mikesoutdoorservices.com , we have 1990 ford f-800 service body ranger 8 welder and IR compressor, 1995 chevy k2500 flatbed 8' fish mm1 plow, 2005 ford f-350sd dump 6.0lpsd 9' fisher ss mm2 plow 1.8 yard dual electric sander. 2006 ford f-350 p/u ext cab 6.0lpsd 8' fisher mm2, and a few more trucks. mustang excavator 2001 4 ton 2006 9ton, 2006 bobcat t-300 high flow, newholand lx885. 1967 for 2000 sires tractor dozer blade and pto and 3point.and so much more miscellaneous equipment [email protected] 914-424-8437 if you need help in the area feel free to call we can work some thing out

  704. #704rabbit2010-11-13 11:13

    Do you snow plow for private mostly or do you have comercial contracts. :usa

  705. #705stock2010-11-13 11:57

    Welcome Mike sorry but you are a little to far away to mind the little ones................. Landscaping Lawns Seeded/Sod Nursery Stock Lawn and Garden Maintenance RotoTilling Field Mowing .

  706. #706gmd19842010-11-13 16:55

    50/50

  707. #707equip guy2010-11-17 21:18

    hello all, I found this site while researching topics on a repair I was doing. I am a 20yr veteran of the equipment industry. I currently work for a municipality as a fleet and equipment mechanic. Mostly work on backhoes, small loaders, skidsteer, track, excavators, power equipment, trucks, and agricultural tractors and attatchments. I enjoy the variety of equipment which keeps me busy through out the year. I am also a firefighter with also 20yrs on the job. My youngest son wants to get into the repair bussiness, so I enjoy watching him learn and helping him learn the trade. As I look at all the forum topics I see a wealth of info from other members and hope to learn from them too. I hope as being a member that I can help someone with their equipment issues and contribute like so many have done. The equipment is getting more hi tech, and down time costs money. I look forward to be part of this forum.

  708. #708willie592010-11-17 21:24

    Welcome to the forum equip guy. :usa

  709. #709sick&tired2010-11-18 13:16

    new member from north mexifornia Hi everyone. Sick&tired here in north mexifornia- for now. Im new to this site, but a fellow equipment junky. I could never afford the new stuff, so i always run the old outdated machines that always need wrenching and or repairs. Ive owned a few tractors over the years, but i prefer crawlers. Tractors ive owned are, Allis Chalmers model M with Dozer Case D450 crawler loader Case 580K 4x4 backhoe Daewoo solar 035 excavator Takeuchi TL 126 compact track loader- currently using Komatsu D31S-17 crawler loader- currently using

  710. #710jd19542010-11-20 15:30

    I am an experienced heavy equipment mechanic.I worked at a Cat dealership for years and for myself and now for a grading company.

  711. #711rabbit2010-11-22 11:36

    Welcome to the forum you new guys I'm sure you'll find all your looking for and more.

  712. #712tylercooney2010-11-22 14:55

    Wow what an awesome resource this is!

  713. #713tylercooney2010-11-22 15:21

    Can anyone tell me why I still cannot start a new thread? I'm having problems with a borrowed Bobcat 753...

  714. #714skagit2010-11-25 17:44

    Hey everyone, good to be here. Ive' been at it for close to 30 yrs now. I run about anything commonly used. When I was around 7 yrs old a friend and I were walking through the woods and followed the sound of a dozer at work. I saw a fresh clearing with a hole cut for a house. A man on a cat backed up over a pile of brush and got behind it then rolled it out. COOL! Thats what I wanted to do for a living. Ha ha I've always operated for others but I just purchased my own machine. I figure this poor economy may bring opportunity to do my own thing. We'll see..

  715. #715MrMechanic2010-11-28 02:41

    Ello =) I'm very interested in getting into a Heavy Equipment Mechanic Apprenticeship. Hopefully I'll be signing on in a few months to go into a program. If anyone has any info for me regarding the requirements to become an Apprentice Heavy Equipment Repairman/Mechanic, it'd be greatly appreciated. Or even information on how to get a job at all as one, union or non-union. Studying in getting more familiarity with Mechanical Concepts etc. (getting a higher Mechanical Aptitude) I'm also verymuch interested in becoming an Equipment Operator as well. everything about the machines from operating to fixing them, is of very high interest to me. I have experience doing Carpentry, Cement Masonry, and Landscaping stuff. But when I got on a machine for the first time doing a Landscaping Gig, that was it. It was awesome feeling out the machine, ripping up the landscape (shaving the top lair of a grass field going uphill with a skidrow? ) it was fun. And figuring out how to fix something as simple as its track was very interesting as well. But anyways, to keep from writing a novel. Any information on how to become an Equipment Operator, or Heavy Equipment Mechanic would be greatly appreciated. =) I hope to learn a great deal on these forums about the Industry.

  716. #716witchlizard2010-11-29 18:14

    Hi there They all call me Lizard, so please do! I dont do much operating of these babies, Just been fixing them for the last 30 odd years. Now have one of my own (FL30 Furukawa)and looking for manuals, parts etc. Any help greatly welcomed

  717. #717willie592010-11-29 20:27

    Welcome to the forum MrMechanic and Lizard. :usa

  718. #718Allterra2010-11-30 12:17

    Hello Hello all, My name is steve although the forum lists me as allterra. I have been in the "dirt" since highschool, have a couple of degrees in construction technologies. I tried working in the medical field fo a few years....Yeck!!! Two years ago I started my own business, general dirt work, and utillities. I am 40 years old so I dont know how long I will last on the shovel but it sure is nice to be my own boss.

  719. #719stock2010-11-30 12:34

    Welcome there enjoy the forum

  720. #720bill53622010-11-30 12:58

    Welcome Welcome to the forum looking forward to some of your posts... Bill

  721. #721fast_st2010-12-01 10:54

    Hi there, Jason here, seasoned computer operator (not winders) Welder, fabricator, firefighter, tree cutter, log stacker. Have a 70 Case CK580 (gas) and just picked up a 66 JD 350 crawler dozer (gas) for free. It took a few hours of prodding and some ATF down the bores but fired up after sitting for six years, after melting the starter and re-soldering it with plumbing solder and an acetylene welding torch. I have a lot of hours on skid steer loaders, a few hours on a Cat skidder and a Trojan loader and helped my friend repower and overhaul a sturdy Nelson loader, 4BTA swap in place of the Cummins J. Lots of hours running the backhoe and a few hours getting familiar with dozer operations. I've not gotten either stuck in a huge way yet but have been close and have been experimenting with how the dozer feels on side hills and climbing/descending. I see the fire operators in CA working 90% grades and know I'm not qualified for any of that.

  722. #722klmracing2011-01-02 22:36

    Klmracing hello everyone. I am a crane operator in Houston, TX. i have run everything from a small National boom truck to a 350ton Grove GMK 5350. I currently work for a local crane rental company and run a 60ton link-belt.

  723. #723*Brandon*2011-01-03 02:00

    Hi all, my names Brandon 21yrs and im from Australia. Im a floor and wall Tiler by trade and have had an interest in earthmoving for sometime now. Im going through a career change at the moment into excavator operating, so im very green and learning. This site is helping me understand a great deal of things and is very well set out. Cheers Brandon.

  724. #724bwh1862011-02-02 11:19

    Hi everyone. My Dad has a small construction business and I help him quite a bit. He has D4G, 580 Super K, 1486 International, and other equipment. We also have a small farm. I have already learned from reading some of your posts, and I am sure will learn more in the future. Thanks for the info and thanks to the people who keep forums like this going.

  725. #725kevink2011-02-03 20:14

    Well hello from north Tx. new to the forum have really enjoyed all the info here.I have been running equipment for 15 years or so,just went on my own about a year ago. I do anything to make a buck.Thanks for this site has been a wealth of knowledge cant wait for more.

  726. #726robh2011-02-20 07:01

    Hi,My name is Rob,from Somerset in the UK,been farming since leaving school and do most of our own excavating/building sheds/ditching etc.I have a JCB 3c wheeled digger and a 18ton Komatsu.

  727. #727Irish_Darragh2011-02-21 11:19

    Hi, Name is Darragh im from ireland and am still in college studying Construction Management, in my final year now and doing my dissertation on Backhoe loader safety... came on hear to get some info, tips, hints and talk to people who use real machines, looking forward to it

  728. #728Lood2011-03-03 09:45

    Lood Good day all, My name is Lood andI'm 40 years old. I farm in central South Africa with livestock and we also have a few center pivots. My only experience with construction machinery was driving loaders, excavators and graders during my army days and we have an old JCB 3CX that is very handy on the farm.

  729. #729steve kicic2011-03-07 20:31

    Hi all, My name is Steve Kicic and im from Henley Beach in South Australia. I am 48 years old and have always had a interest in Civil Construction and so on from a very early age, having a lot of trenching and land clearing-levelling near my house as I was growing up certainly helped my interest along. I am also passionate about aviation and used to work for a major domestic airline Ansett Australia for 16 years as a catering truck-hi lift driver. I have a substantial collection of Civil aircraft as well as about 70-80+ earthmovers ranging in scale from 1/160-to 1/16, many are 1/50 scale. Mainly into tracked backhoes and loaders, dozers and cranes, shovels and one day a dragline?? Also have wheeled loaders, graders and scrapers, mainly into smaller suburban seen machines, not really big on the mining equipment as such. Im also getting a few 1/87 scale prime movers (tractors as our American friends call them) and low loader-float trailers to go with them. A White Freightliner arrived today and in 87 sc, looks pretty good, bonus was the bull bar which makes it look very Aussie to me, made by Herpa im most impressed with it!!! A low loader is coming with seperate dolly, so its one long trailer thats for sure. My dream in life is to operate a Cat 325 or similar excavator, nearly happened a few years ago, a guy I knew operated them, and was going to let me have a go at using it, however the day before we had arranged it, it was sent to another job elsewhere and so I missed out. Such is life I guess!! As a younster I did get a ride on an Cat Grader, and many years later a Cat dozer D8?D9? that was an amazing experience. Anyway just wanted to say gday to all and im sure I will have fun here. Im not sure if I forgot to do something but I see I cannot post new threads, post attachments or edit my posts, perhaps an Admin/moderator can help me with that? Cheers, Steve Kicic

  730. #730willie592011-03-07 21:31

    Welcome to the forum steve kicic. :usa No worries about you not being able to start threads and such, you need to get three posts at any thread on the forum (except TGIF), then your member status will be upgraded to Junior Member and you can then take advantage of all forum features.

  731. #731steve kicic2011-03-08 03:32

    Ahh OK Thanks for that as i was wondering how it all works here on HEF. I hope to be a regular poster and also a reader/ viewer as I find a lot of topics of interest to me. I have a millio and one questions about some older machines, hope someone can answer my questions?? ??

  732. #732RocksnRoses2011-03-08 06:04

    Welcome to HEF from another South Aussie, Steve, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. RnR.

  733. #733Trout Creek2011-03-09 12:07

    Hello All, should have started here first with some post, but just found this thread. My name is Tom. I have an office day job but I also own an 80 acre Christmas tree farm where I spend most of my weekends. I have two agricultural tractors. A little one for inbetween the trees and an larger one with a loader for general utility work. As far as the contruction side, we also have a Mitsubishi BD2G. Had to replace the undercarrage a year or so ago. That was quite a job, but you live & learn. Its a pretty capable machine, but when you start ripping out stumps it really beats up the machine. I tend to buy/start projects. My latest is a 1992 Hitachi EX120-2. Bot it real cheap, basicly as a parts machine. Did a bunch of independant research on it first to find out the background as much as I could. It was missing the entire swing assembly and it had some damage to the control panel. Undercarrage is a little worn but for me probably fine for years. Pins and bushings look generally very good & tight. The hour meter reads 6200 and as best I can gather this is consistant with prior service records. As I write this it does not run, but I just had it delivered on Sunday. I have located all the parts I need to get it back in operation. I should have the engine running this weekend. I am a bit concerned about starting it back up without the swing motor in, but before I drop the money on that part I want to make sure the engine fires. I am also slightly concerned about the hydraulic system. The swing motor has been missing for a while and everything has been exposed to the elements. At this point all the hydraulic fluid has drained out. Thus: Questions for the experts. A) can I start the engine without having any hydraulic fluid in the machine (guessing no)? A-1) I would assume this might potentially damage the hydraulic pump? B) Should I try and flush/clean the entire hydraulic system before I start it and if so how? C) As far as the swing assembly goes, is there any cleaning or regreasing on the turntable I should do before installing it, remember this has been fully exposed to the elements? I did buy a manual, but I screwed up and bot the EX120 or -1 manual and not the -2 manual. There are enough differences in these models that I do not feel comfortable enough with the older manual considering some of the things I am going to need to tackle. Sooooooo, if anybody has an electronic verion of the -2 manual they would like to share, I would really appreciate it. I saw a -3 manual on flea-bay but not sure what the diffrences are between the -2 & -3 machines. Thanks, and glad I found this resource. Tom

  734. #734mini eb122011-03-09 14:55

    Hi, I'm Matt and I'm in Wales on a small family farm with quite limited kit available to us but we do have a mini digger and my hobbies revolve around old motorbikes, landrovers and farm kit. I'm here to find out about fixing and maintaining the few bits of kit we run as well as modifying things for some jobs - I've mostly finished a forklift add on for our dumper truck so 1 machine can double up for 2 jobs.

  735. #735Scuba_Si2011-03-13 03:21

    Hi All, I'm Simon from Manado, Indonesia, I own a small resort and I am looking to buy my first mini in the next few months to use for construction and maintenance out here. I'm hoping to learn a lot about how to check out a 2nd hand mini before you buy, and also about working on steep inclines.

  736. #736snocrete2011-03-13 14:54

    Hello...I own a small concrete,snow removal, and light excavation business. I'm looking forward to some good reading here. Thanks.

  737. #737willie592011-03-13 15:39

    Welcome to the forum Scuba_Si and snocrete. :usa

  738. #738Corey Moses2011-03-14 11:16

    Just wanted to say Hi. Grew up around construction equipment with my grandfather being a contractor. Learned to drive a bulldozer at a young age after practicing in a little bobcat. I've always been interested in equipment and wanted to become a part of a community with the same interests.

  739. #739Stump-rancher2011-03-15 02:24

    Hello everyone. I started off by operating a 1940 D4 2T Caterpillar bulldozer and a MF135 tractor when i was about 7 years old that belonged to my grandad. he owned a logging business on Vancouver Island many many years ago and contracted for Macmillan Bloedel ltd. i've always liked the older equipment ever since i used to watch my dad and grandad operate the old bulldozers. compared to the machines now. operating those older ones was a workout and an art. Currently I work for Leemar Manufacturing inc. in Parksville B.C. as a Heavy Duty Mechanic We sell new and used excavator parts; Mostly John Deere and Hitachi. which are shipped all over the world. http://www.leemar.ca/

  740. #740jbernd2011-03-15 18:54

    Had seen the site in the past. I recently read about it at the ACMOC bulliten board. I operated heavy equipment for 15 years doing soil conservation and construction work untill the company was sold. I then went to work for the Dept. of Transportation in Kansas and am now a supervisor. I don't get to operate the equipment as much as I used to or would like but I get by. I collect scale model construction equipment whenever I can convince the wife/banker. I just recently purchased a D4(the real thing not a model). It is a 1943 2T. Work on it as I can.

  741. #741willie592011-03-15 20:14

    Welcome to the forum Corey, stump-rancher, and jbernd. :usa Good to hear you work at Leemar stump-rancher, we can use another Hitachi wrench here. -3 Doc is a Hitachi wrench and stops in here on occasion, but the more the better. I've purchased a few aftermarket parts from Leemar, last I recall was a muffler for an EX100 at a good price.

  742. #742struckzb2011-03-15 20:51

    Hello all! Great site with a ton of good information. I found this site through Google just searching for info on a TD8E i intend on buying hopefully within the next couple weeks. My dad has some acreage in western WA and we will be using the dozer just for the occasional tasks and to play on. Dozers have always been my favorite piece of heavy equipment. My dad owned a Hitachi EX-60, and I got pretty good operating that, and have operated a couple JD 450's over the years, as well as some ag tractors. How long before I can start a topic? I want to get your guys' input on the TD8E and want to post pics of the undercarriage etc. The dealer tells me it's at 60% but the bushings seem pretty worn and the right sprocket is quite worn. I dropped some oil samples of at a lab to be analyzed and should have the results in a day or so.

  743. #743jbernd2011-03-15 21:03

    Just do a couple more replies and U will become a junior member. Pretty simple so far. U can even add pictures. If I can so can U

  744. #744hammerman2011-03-23 04:49

    New member from Spain Hi friends this is an excavator operator unfortunatelly right now unemployed,from Spain, and willing to learn specific vocabulary about our "steel world",i would like migrate to other country with better work spectations.

  745. #745stock2011-03-23 04:56

    Welcome there hammerman no point in coming to my neck of the woods as things are as here as in your country..........................................

  746. #746hammerman2011-03-23 06:40

    thanks stock,We must be patient,I don´t know how this will all end, I´m really desperate, and I´m only three months in home and I never have lived this situacion since I began with machines in 1997 at those times one operator was like a prime minister, currently you know....sorry my poor english please.

  747. #747Mud Dauber2011-03-23 08:04

    Many thanks to the administrators and the regular posters on this board, I have enjoyed and learned quite a bite from you all!! I have been a life long Farmer, in the off season a Truck Driver, Carpenter, you name it. But the one I enjoyed and learned the most from was my 6 years at a Stone Quarry. I've since moved to far away to continue to help there and have started my own company, bought a Long Reach Excavator to clean Drainage Ditches with so this will be my part time work when not tending crops and cattle. I will be looking forward to starting new threads as I have questions about my machine, ditch cleaning, and also helping others when I can. again Thank You for this Forum. Dave

  748. #748Jdigger41302011-03-23 09:27

    Welcome amigo, This site is great!!! You will be able to hear market conditions for all over the world for what operators are paid AND look at really cool stuff! Love how international this forum is

  749. #749hammerman2011-03-23 14:15

    thanks Jdigger4130, you are right, I have seen this is a very friendly site,however i´ll need a dictionary for many issues,I ask You patient toward me.

  750. #750willie592011-03-23 19:47

    Welcome to the forum hammerman, Jdigger4130, and Mud Dauber. :usa

  751. #751renegade2011-04-01 23:12

    renegade Hi, I'm new to the forum and just bought my first piece of equipment the other day, its a Nemco bulldog 725 mini loader. After hours of trying to search the internet for info on this, I decided I needed to find a forum full of knowledge and expertise. I have operated and worked on skidsteers, mini excavators, and dozers. Jeremy

  752. #752AT&SW2011-04-16 10:12

    My name is Jeremy I have owned my own buisness for 7 years now. We cater toward the horse industry developing and renovating farms. I grew up around heavy equipment and just never got it out of my blood. I have been floating around this board for awhile and there is an incredible amount of knowledge on it. I appreciate everyone that shares a little.

  753. #753stock2011-04-16 10:24

    Welcome there AT enjoy the forum....

  754. #754skbexcavating2011-04-23 12:22

    Hello! I have posted in three existing threads, but I am still not able to start a thread. ANY HELP OR IDEAS? Thanks Jeff

  755. #755cheifrider2011-04-26 17:43

    hi all , im a builder by trade .i have run some equipment before but limited .three years ago i bought a cat 312 excavator for use on my property here in the adirondack mtns of ny .ive done quite a bit of work with it here on the proprty to include two ponds and about 5000 ft of road work so i can access my sugarbush better .last winter i think i ruined a primary drive ,i was moving the machine and it just stopped ,like i was up against an object .i backed up ,tried again and heard this not so cool " bang".shortly after hydraulic fluid started leaking out of the final drive area,so i shut the machine down.i let it sit for the rest of the winter(to cold up here) and am just now tryin to figure out what the deal is . the oil level has left the sight glass since then . my questions are: #1 where could if find an excerpt for the final drive part of the shop manual ? #2 if i take off the cover on the inside of the drive am i opening a giant can of worms ? #3 why arent these things as easy to work on as an old indian motorcycle? many thanks in advance for any help you guys could share , im fairly mechanically inclined but new to this heavy machine repair.in case its important the serial #is 6blo016xx regards ,tom

  756. #756transdat2011-04-27 02:27

    hey tom this will be a major job as you have to be aware of oil contaminants and metal in the system sounds like you may be up for a reconditioned pump as well suggest dont open the can of worms get a hydraulic expert to look at it and quote here in Australia you would be looking at 20k Regards Transdat www.transdat.com.au

  757. #757Kelly O'banan2011-04-27 07:30

    Hello Friends I'm one of the new member of this Forum,this is well sectioned forum and I found it really very Interesting for myself specially I found here great information about the Log Splitter Keep sharing

  758. #758stock2011-04-27 12:57

    Now kelly anyone from stab city must tell a little more to one from the People Republic of Cork, you know the place due south of you that the almighty made special....... must say though the Cork boys really made a nice job of those arches there you know up by the castle where Munster play...................... the only bit of hallowed ground outside da Republic where the all blacks were beat............pity they didn't do it the second time though....................................

  759. #759Big Iron Inc2011-04-27 15:12

    We are a equipment dealer located in Jacksonville, FL. We buy & sell used heavy equipment, we also dismantle and containerize equipment to ship overseas. I joined to forum to communicate with the community and get some information about user/sellers/buyers etc. I will not post any listings etc as I would assume they are against forum rules. Besides our website, we do have a Flickr account and a YouTube account where you can see pictures and videos of equipment we sold/are selling or have containerized. I would recommend looking at the containerization pictures and videos, I think they are very cool. It is interesting to see a huge trackhoe to go into a container. Regards, Big Iron, Inc. in Jacksonville, FL.

  760. #760stock2011-04-27 15:33

    Welcome there lad now that you mentioned it a few pictures of the containerisation of an excavator would be nice.......................................

  761. #761Big Iron Inc2011-04-27 16:29

    Since I am a newbie it does not let me attach pictures however here are couple of links to Flickr pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavyequipment/sets/72157626335659200/ This is a Komatsu WA380 loader being placed into a 40 foot container. I took these pictures and this is one of my favorite sets. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavyequipment/sets/72157626218683612/ This is a CAT320 in a container. http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavyequipment/sets/72157626281375897/ And a Hitachi in a container.

  762. #762stock2011-04-27 17:15

    Now after that I bet you have lost stuff by storing it away so well............your closet is probably as neat as nine pence..................

  763. #763jason.wright2011-04-27 18:29

    I work for a Case Rental company in Great Falls Montana. I love fishing and hunting and just being outdoors, I love the smell of dirt and oil. I wanted to be on this forum to give my opinon on certain subjects, hopefully to help those business owners with questions on equipment I am not a salesman so you don't have to worry about me trying to push Case machinery on you. Hope to be chatting with you soon.

  764. #764MaCotMFF2011-04-27 21:22

    MaCotMFF aka 'Mac' I am a "newbie operator" (a designation sure to strike terror in the hearts of General Contractors everywhere). Fortunately for me--and my Boss--the work we do is land/brush/tree management, with an emphasis on state or federal property and specializing in agricultural management and adjustments in identified habitat areas. So by the time I actually climb into a machine, turn the key, and place my hands on the controls, I am far, far away from potential lawsuit-inducing learning experiences such as parked vehicles, newly erected building frames, and client-owned chihuahuas. We are a very small company. Our primary machines are 246A/262A Cat skid steers, equipped with 20" shear tool attachments, or grapple buckets. We operate in South Texas and are based just north of San Antonio. I signed up to HEF in the course of an employee-driven clandestine underground movement to sort of quietly ease our company toward the digital age. Not all the way into the digital age, with our own Sysco router, T3 line, Unix server, smartphone-sync, and cloud-based storage backup, like a fully modernized year-2011 business. But I think we may be able to approach, say, the mid-nineties. For instance, the Bossman now accepts text messages from employees as a valid method of information exchange, and understands that a "PDF" is basically a slightly scrambled acronym that stands for "Paperwork" and two choice swear words. I have had nothing but fun in this business so far, and look forward to learning as much as I can both in the field and in the HEF forums. And while I myself will most likely have little to contribute to HEF aside from, perhaps, some comic relief; I am looking forward to the prospect of acting as the interface between HEF and my boss, who does have contribution potential in the forums. He is one of the immensely knowledgeable and experienced "I forgot more than you'll ever know" mechanics, and takes pleasure in the successful identification and solution of various mechanical/electrical/hydraulic issues. From what I have seen, he would fit right in here.

  765. #765sandcreek2011-04-27 22:47

    hello, I am from Colorado and have been working as an equipment operator since i graduated high school in 2001. Last winter i became my own boss doing snow removal. I purchased a 09 S250 2 spd high flow skid with a 9' plow and kept pretty busy. Now I am doing small excavating projects and am looking into maybe purchasing a mini ex. But I may just rent for a year and see how the work goes for a summer.. Great info on this forum!!

  766. #766willie592011-04-27 22:55

    Welcome to the forum sandcreek. What part of Colorado are you from?

  767. #767sandcreek2011-04-27 23:00

    Northwest Colorado, Steamboat Springs

  768. #768bill iuoe 1582011-05-01 11:03

    Hello, Just found this web site, it's great. I am a instructor for the operating engineers in NY. We just had a 1930's Bay City Shovel donated to us and I am looking for some info about it. Who has parts or books on it. Thank you Bill

  769. #769stock2011-05-01 11:26

    Now Bill with an introduction like that you are most welcome but I will warn you without pictures it didn't happen...............Sorry I can't be of assistance to you with the literature but someone else might........try asking the other old duffers here if they haven't been kicked out ................something in the TGIF about evicting them.......

  770. #770cheifrider2011-05-01 11:56

    hi there bill, my grand dad and my wifes dad ,grand dad, and great grand dad were all retirees from local 106 a good friend of mine is the busuness manager for them now , tom

  771. #771bill iuoe 1582011-05-01 22:07

    That's great, love to here that alot of your family were 106 members. My father is a retiree also, he just got his 50 year watch.

  772. #772vcolper2011-05-09 22:46

    Hello, I recently purchased a JCB 208S (1CX) mini digger. I wasnt really looking for one, but this little machine just caught my attention. Normally I scan through the local classified for skidsteers...new Holland or Bobcats and found the JCB that has loader and the backhoe...awesome. It's not perfect, needs some TLC but it's all there and operating. And for $6000, I had to buy. Oh and trailer included. I hauled it home with a 2003 Silverado (1500) and it really felt the extra load. Breaks over heated going down hill (mayor hill/mountain). I'm in Puerto Rico so those of you familiar with Cayey, you know the elevation..about 3,000 feet. Anyhow I came here looking for some info on the JCB and it seems I found the right place. Regards, Vic Guayama, Puerto Rico

  773. #773willie592011-05-09 23:13

    Welcome to the forum Vic. :usa

  774. #774MEKA2011-05-11 10:55

    Hello I wanted to post as a newbie to greet forum members but it does not go through? would you please check it kindly? thanks! Mr.Tamer

  775. #775Cliffj592011-05-14 20:21

    Hello everyone, I dont run equipment for a living but I have operated Bobcats, back hoes, track hoes, dozers and track loaders. Just enough to make a mess. I just this week bought a 1978 955L so I hope to get better at operating now. My real passion is raising and training mules, I have 4 right now a team for my wagon, a gaited mule for riding and a 4 year old in training. I got the loader to clear off some more land for pasture. This site has already been helpful on several questions I had about my loader so THANKS.

  776. #776willie592011-05-14 20:25

    Welcome to the forum Cliff59. :usa

  777. #777Haddy2011-05-15 03:47

    Hello everyone . I found this site as am looking to buy motor scraper and have found it very interesting so I joined . I have been operating machinery for a living for over 30 years now , You would think I should have learned something and got out years ago ! But I wouldn't be happy doing anything else . Haddy from New Zealand

  778. #778RangerJake722011-05-17 21:24

    Hello all, I'm JP, living in SouthWest Florida, I work as a Forest Ranger/Wildland Firefighter for the Florida Division of Forestry, much of the time I'm a dozer operator (tractor plow) Almost our entire fleet is currently JD 650J LGP with twin disc medium trail plows carried on IHC or Sterling medium duty transports

  779. #779cannedman2011-05-18 14:17

    Hello to All, I am a new to the forum and I have really enjoyed going thru looking at all of the wealth of information this site has to offer. I live in South Central Kentucky and looking at purchasing a 1981 TD8E Ser # 9502. So as soon as I can open a new thread I have some questions about the unit. I am a novice when it comes to this type of equipment. Thanks again for allowing me to join and I am looking forward to alot of reading and knowledge. Have a great day.

  780. #780cannedman2011-05-18 14:19

    Hello JP, I live in Arcadia during the winter months.

  781. #78110SPEED2011-05-20 16:25

    Hi, from Ohio, and own a rigging business. own 1 truck, a landol trailer and a few forklifts.

  782. #782rasit2011-05-23 22:50

    Rasit I'm a 54 yr old Gen. Super for a large, Heavy Civil contractor in the Mid-Atlantic region. Started laying pipe before they had lasers, remember pony motors on dozers, not so old that I ever worked with draglines, and have carved out a great career in the business. Know I have a lot to learn and a lot to share. Glad to be the latest newbie.

  783. #783spaghettiwestrn2011-05-24 00:18

    Greetings, I'm almost 49 years old. I don't work in the heavy equipment field or construction industry. But I do have experience with old OSHKOSH (1940's) trucks, Cummins diesel engines (HR-6), rebuilding starters/generators/alternators for most applications, and cars that had no computers and weighed over two tons. Right now I am concentrating on expanding my personal archive of antique car/truck/construction machinery sales literature....and expanding my knowledge. Glad to be here.

  784. #784stock2011-05-24 03:18

    Welcome there RASIT sorry you are not quite eligible for the old duffers club,but looking forward to your posts.hope you have a picture or two to share with us..............watch out for Atco and Tiny ...........................they contribute significantly to the forum........................me well i'm just here to lower the tone of the place......

  785. #785Merp2011-06-01 08:49

    Hi all, I work as a product development engineer for Cummins, generally the QSK45,60,78 products. Its good to browse through some posts on this forum to understand the conditions that our products operate under, also its nice to read up on the competition!

  786. #786HoraceM2011-06-14 17:18

    Hi all, I'm on here to help a friend out in getting to know his Mitsubishi MM30SR mini excavator, and need a workshop manual etc. - not much help elsewhere so far though, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to assist. Cheers all HoraceM

  787. #787tifmicocrane2011-06-17 09:42

    my name is Tiffanie and I work for a heavy equipment buyer. We buy equipment all over the world and import/export them. We are looking to start a rental division for heavy equipment hence why I joined this site. Does anyone have any input on the demand for heavy equipment rental? We are located in houston, Tx, but will move anywhere, any time. Any advice/knowledge is greatly appreciated and accepted. Also, why can't new people post new threads? Thanks!

  788. #788HoraceM2011-06-17 12:54

    Hi Tiffanie, as a newbie myself I wondered that, you just have to post three replies to someone else's thread and then you will be activated and be able to post yourself (it is in the FAQs but it took me some finding) Can't help about the other stuff though, got enough problems of my own, Sorry. HoraceM

  789. #789blademan1502011-06-17 14:37

    Just wanted to say Hi, found the site yesterday, like it so far. My Dad had a small dirt outfit that he started in the early 60's thats when I went to work at age 7 raking, shoveling, checking grade and whatever he needed me to do, worked for him til he sold out in mid 80's. The hall sent me out to a company to run finish blade and was with them til I retired last fall. Iron has sure changed, started out running cat and pans that had crank start pony motors and cable lift hoes and finished up in a blade that would do everything except cook you dinner. Was a great ride, might even miss it some times.......NAH nice meeting you all....Clyde

  790. #790ANTHONY ROAD2011-06-17 15:22

    hi my name is bill i have been in business for 26 years building roads for the forest service and logging companies i can run anything you put in front of me

  791. #7914500GUY2011-06-27 12:50

    Hello to All! I have been fortunate enough to have inherited my families farm equipment which includes a 1937 Farm-All, 1964 Ford 2000, 1968 Ford 3400 Ind., & a 1975 Ford 4500 TLB. Am now in the process of fixing up the 4500, although it's in good original condition and doesn't look like it's been used too hard. This looks like a very informative forum and I'm hoping to share any info I have. Thanks! Dave (4500GUY)

  792. #792willie592011-06-27 21:48

    Welcome to the forum 4500GUY. :usa

  793. #7934500GUY2011-06-28 23:12

    Thanks Willie59! I have a question for you in regards to the injection pump on my 75' 4500. She starts fine when cold and runs strong. After I shut her down hot and try to start it's almost as though there is no fuel at the pump. After sitting for about 20-30 minutes I can her to start right up. Worn head & rotor perhaps??

  794. #794FergyMassey2011-06-29 23:59

    Although I've been in the IT business for the past 10 years, this is my first forum. Received lots of good information when I visited this site in the past so I decided to join an informed group. Have property around my house/farm that needs tending so I own a '62 Case 480CK backhoe, ** 50HX backhoe and ** 150 tractor. I believe both the Massey Fergusons are in the '80s. As you can see, the old equipment requires maintenance from time to time. In the process of getting information, I hope to able to provide useful information.

  795. #795Ronsii2011-06-30 02:31

    Hello everyone, I just found your forum the other day... Looks great so I joined up! A little info about me: I have always found machinery and equipment fascinating so I bought my first dozer about 25 years ago now I have 6 crawlers and quite a few wheeled machines... some run some are in various stages of repair. It's always fun to work on old iron except when your trying to get a job done with the machine in question, that's the reason I like running new equipment for someone else. Looking forward to joining in and maybe helping with solving problems as I certainly have had to solve lots of them through the years.

  796. #796willie592011-06-30 19:23

    Welcome to the forum Ronsii.

  797. #797HONYOK2011-07-04 01:15

    Howdy, I have been reading your forum for a couple months now and figured I might as well register and start posting as I am sure I will have some future questions. I have been running heavy equipment for around 20 years now with most of my time on a 310E. I just recently bought my own backhoe, a 1974 580B CK, no extenda hoe but it has a 4 in 1 front bucket. I would like to thank all of you guys for the amazing amount of information on this forum and I look forward to talking with you all. I did a lot of research on HEF before I bought this backhoe, it has a few small problems but seems to run and drive good so hopefully it will last a while. Thanks!

  798. #798DirtHauler2011-07-04 02:55

    Welcome HONYOK

  799. #799PHeller2011-07-04 17:55

    PHeller Hi folks, I'm a young guy. 26, from a small town surrounded by big cities. College educated with a degree in Business and another in Environmental Geography. I come from a family of truck drivers and craftsman. Spent most of my life outdoors, playing in the woods. I ride lots of mountain bike, motorcycle, and do my fair share of backpacking and fishing. Despite knowing the valuable computer aided mapping system called Geographic Information Systems, or GIS; I've not had the enjoyment of sitting in an office all day staring at a computer screen. For the last year I've been working part time for a land trust, working to plan and develop hiking, biking, and horseback trails for public use. I use the GIS/GPS for mapping out the areas that are most suitable for "sustainable" trails, and help HANDBUILD the trails. The land trust has a good maintenance crew for building small trails, but for parking lots or roads...they get contractors with equipment. I'd prefer if those contractors knew how to build trails...usually they dont. I'd like to get training not only for this job, but future jobs, in heavy equipment and light excavators. Building trails for horses or hikers, bicycles or OHV (off highway vehicle) is much different than building roads. I'd hope that this forum could point someplace where I can get good training without ripping myself off.

  800. #800Porkchop2011-07-24 00:36

    Might as well say my hello also... Everybody calls me Porkchop but my name is Kevin. I own A&D Enterprises, a single truck business hauling mostly asphalt. Been in trucking for about 10 years now, did about 3 years on a paving crew before that. Hope I gain a bit of knowledge from hanging out here... thanks guys!

  801. #801MrKomatsu2011-07-24 17:47

    :drinkupWelcome aboard Porkchop..................:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

  802. #802Porkchop2011-07-24 17:53

    Thanks!! I got that guy to email me the DesignCad files, problem is I can't view them cause I don't have that program. So I'm currently hunting something for my Mac that'll let me open and view .DC files. I'm on my way though to being even more lazy than I was last week....

  803. #803K108aerodyne2011-07-25 07:41

    Hi I'm Paul and i'm from New Zealand, I am an owner operator here and have a 2009 Kenworth K108

  804. #804abaker48092011-07-25 13:31

    Hi everyone just looking for info on some heavy equipment tools that were left to me and cant seem to find out any info on them. Hope someone here knows something.

  805. #805Phill2011-07-26 17:28

    Hi my name is Phill, i am just an enthusiest, i enjoy reading about equipment, working and repair. i found this site thru another forum i read HanksTruckpictures.com, I wish my grandad was still around so i could show him photos of all teh MB equipment in teh forestry section as he worked for MB all his life.

  806. #806Son of Pipeman2011-07-28 06:30

    Son of Pipeman, My father was a lifetime operator, and that had me around HE since I could walk, I was an operator with 324 in the late 70's and early 80's. After that I started a trucking business (what was I thinking lol) everything from gravel, machinery, iron, you name it. I finally settled in Air Freight. Now I mostly just use my equipment on my farm in SE MI not an expert like some I know, but still love cranking up a machine and working it. I also enjoy working on them.

  807. #807Pa Highwayman2011-07-30 10:07

    Hi Pa Highwayman Here 30 year construction man here. I'm just tinkering with some Komatsu Mini Excavators I have . I have issues with one right now and to be quite honest I don't know how to contact other members or even post can you help me! I like your site!!! Gog Bless Highway!!

  808. #808digger242j2011-07-30 11:01

    The "probationary member" thing is explained here. Since you're apparently not a spammer, I can also promote you through the control panel, which I'll do right now. (You just happened to catch my attention at a good time.) And welcome to HEF.

  809. #809Kobe1302011-07-30 12:00

    I joined this forum in Feb of this year. As well as the camaraderie of discussing common interests it has been very useful to get the comments of more experienced hands. Likewise I have tried to return the favour when I can. I work a an economist at the provincial power utility but my spouse calls me a "Tim Taylor Knockoff" and indeed if it has an engine in it I'm interested. I started out drag racing back in the 1970's but graduated to HE with my first 580k bought to do useful work on the lakeside here. Coupla skids, a Thomas 233hd and a Case 95XT plus a 580 Super L. Latest addition this year a Kobelco SK130lc which is going to handle rip rap duties around here. Oh also have a JLG 600A coming to help finish the house. These were all purchased used so my tools sometimes work overtime and as always for a guy like me if I can't safely maintain it myself then I have no business owning it. The breadth of discussion on this forum is fantastic. Besides the specific machine topics I enjoy the Safety forum and have already learned from it.

  810. #810Rmayle2011-07-30 23:11

    I am new to this..I have a question regarding a fuel problem I am having with my 257 Cat skidsteer. I am getting plenty of fuel in the injection pump..but I can not get through the lines to the injectors..I need help!! It is damp..not completely dry but can not get it to start!! Frustrated!! I can start it on ether but it won't stay running!! I need help please!!!

  811. #811Haulier2011-08-04 06:28

    Hi everyone, I just joined the forum and didn't have much time to look around but I got a really good first impression of what this forum is all about and I'm looking forward to start posting and taking parts on ongoing threads contributing with my knowledge and learning from others.

  812. #812MrKomatsu2011-08-04 07:20

    :usawelcome aboard:usa

  813. #8131weare2011-08-06 09:21

    1weare ,hello from Maine I own a komatsu 120-3. (1985?) Ive had it for 9 years.Its been a great mech., but has had some issues lately.Im going to post about them shortly. When anyone asks me about excavation , I tell then Im a contractor ( Home builder)who happens to own a excavator. Ive put about 2000 hours on the mech. so I feel pretty comfortable with it.From clearing lots to house/septics. This seem like a great site for info. Looking foward to using it. Thanks

  814. #81488 gtu2011-08-08 11:08

    Hi all, I'm new to this site.I found it by searching on google for heavy equipment jobs.I'm looking to get into this trade.Feel free to point me in the right direction.Thanks, Brian

  815. #815oldjustin2011-08-21 05:55

    erkin hi to all. justin here from australia farm 2000 acre on kangaroo island have bulldozers excavator tractors ect curent project is transplanting a perkins 6.354 into a td9-91, happy to chat about tractor and trying to keep old steel alive.

  816. #816Mark Thompson2011-08-31 08:13

    Greetings, Just ran across the forum while doing some online research and after reading the group post I had to join. Started out in the 1970's as a combat engineer in the Marines and been in construction ever since, operator and heavy hauler. Thanks for the great forums!

  817. #817Five-O2011-09-02 21:56

    Five-O I was born into family construction/redi-mix business. Grandfather started it and my father worked for him up until I was 10 before he turned to a new line of work. I worked there (for free) up until I was old enough to join the Air Force. After the service I was hired on to Illinois DOT. I just started a construction business with my four brothers. I stumbled upon the site looking for some reference. Glad I did, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Andy

  818. #818D6Dave2011-09-10 16:25

    Hello from Oklahoma. Just purchased a old D6B to use around the farm/ranch. I'm here to learn all I can. Hobbies are hunting/fishing/fixing old cars.

  819. #819Someotherguy2011-09-10 17:37

    Someotherguy Hi all. New to the fourm. Im a construction G/C and do some "micro blasting" as well. Theres a lot of information here. Kudos to Steve for introducing it. If your from Maine be sure to say hi. Jason

  820. #820papa1112011-09-16 16:50

    hi all new here, looks like thers a lot of info to be found on this forum. i have 2 old tractor/backhoe's : a 1979 ? +- international/harvester 260a also 1972 ? or older ford backhoe i think its a 4500 but am haveing a bit of trouble isolateing the exact year and components these have both prooved to be good ol mules , pushing and diggin in this hard desert ground, but both are in need of repair, so thankyou all for your help in advance papa

  821. #821jay427822011-09-17 10:47

    hey everyone!! my name is jason.i have been around all types of equipment most of my life.just bought my first skid steer and jlg.hope to help others whenever i can.great site and very informative!!

  822. #822Trying to help2011-09-18 18:00

    I'm a new member looking for some help to fix my neighbor's excavator. Hope to help with my limited knowledge.

  823. #823Trying to help2011-09-18 18:04

    Trying to help Just another post to say Hello.

  824. #824Trying to help2011-09-18 18:06

    Will log off and connect again.

  825. #825syndy2011-09-18 18:15

    My name is John, I live in Florida and just bought a Christmas tree farm in NC. I also just bought a Case 580se 1983-4 and have some hydraulic problems I need help on. I guess I have to make three post to ask the questions. BTW, Syndy is my dog as well as my login name.

  826. #826willie592011-09-18 18:21

    Welcome to the forum Syndy. :usa If you get in three posts and change your status to Junior Member, you can then start a new thread about your machine.

  827. #827syndy2011-09-18 18:43

    Thanks, I'm working on it

  828. #828syndy2011-09-18 18:52

    Hmmmm, need more post I guess. More about me. I'm an old guy, retired but still a kid. I had a 52 Ford 8N back in 1981 and built a house with it on an island out in the Gulf Of Mexico off of Englewood, FL. There were no bridges and everything had to be bought out by small barge or boat. In 2003 finished my second house in central FL. 12 miles from Disney and rented equipment to build that house. Now we just bought 5 acres and I am working on the house design. I have over 700 Fraser firs to remove and later about an acre of White pines to drop and burn.

  829. #829yanmarman2011-09-20 21:38

    Fence builder for 30 +years,running equipment 6 years and planing many more

  830. #830kusno2011-09-27 23:26

    Greeting from Jakarta, Indonesia Hi all, My name is kusno, from Jakarta, Indonesia. Almost 9 years experience of heavy equipment especially Komatsu, 5 years working at the Komatsu manufacturing and 4 years until present trading (buy and sell) Komatsu spare parts. I was so grateful, can join this forum. Thank you

  831. #831beindustrial2011-09-30 04:22

    Hello everyone! I really love this forum. People here very welcoming and have great knowledge to share... Will definitely stick around!

  832. #832propc12011-09-30 13:01

    Hi everybody, i am a civil engineer and have been involved in the past with heavy equipment, i found this forum on google and so far it looks very nice!!!. My father in law just got a lowboy, it is pretty banged up, and he is looking to restore it, i will post a thread with pictures and hopefully get some help and tips on how to restore it!!!

  833. #833125IIIA2011-10-03 22:26

    Hello all, I'm Matt aka 125IIIA I'm a mechanic for a Case IH dealership in ND all I work on is tractors and combines but what I'm interested in is dozers and payloaders. I've had several dozers and now a payloader.

  834. #834hpotscom2011-10-04 08:00

    Been in the construction business for 12 years now! and now into training! All kinds of heavy machinery equipment !

  835. #835flemfit2011-10-04 21:26

    Hi, Its tezza, been selling since 1990...all types of japanese construction equipment. Pretty much retired now, but still dabble. Hobbies involve travel, tool design and investments. Its a good life. I spend a fair bit of time living in japan, Bali and Philippines.

  836. #836XR6menace2011-10-11 04:12

    G'day i'm Dazzler and i'm a coal miner in Central Queensland Australia ... :woohoo I drive a 793F Rear Dump for LEIGHTON'S at BMA Peak Down's. And i have washed BIG rigs since the age of 5 ! KENWORTH ROCKS!!! :notworthy

  837. #837grupogomariz2011-10-11 18:34

    Hi everybody, I run a bussines of dealing of used lifting machinery. I am interesting in knowing all the novalties about main manufacturers (JLG, Grove, Genie, Haulotte). And I expect enjoying with interesting threads and discussion. Gomariz Sistemas de Elevacion

  838. #838wosama931b2011-10-11 19:25

    hello there, I'am new to the form and need all the help i can get, trying to fix up an old 931b, its good to know that you can ask a question about stuff and problems with machines, i have some mechanical experience but not on loaders. The way you guys help out each other is about the best thing ever, i go through the form and read all the problems and how every one helps out to get the machine back on the job, and i enjoy all the pictures. thanks.

  839. #839Loftis612011-10-16 02:33

    Loftis61 Hey all. Im Loftis. Im currently going to school as a diesel tech. and Ive been looking for a good forum to gain some more knowledge about heavy equipment. I picked up my first wrench about three years ago, and since then, I just couldnt stop. I enjoy building 4x4's, but Ive always been intrigued by the world of the heavy equipment. After building many trucks and buggys, I wanted to take another step into the unknown. This world of CAT, Detroit, Volvo, and so on is totally new to me, so Im hoping you guys will help me get up to speed. :usa

  840. #840MrKomatsu2011-10-16 09:26

    welcome aboard....it is always apleasure to see the younger guys interested in the heavy equipment....we r a dying breed.....lots of knowledge here....welcome:usa

  841. #841TitleTown2011-10-16 11:57

    Thank you guys for creating this site!! I am "TitleTown" as a user name here, based in Cheesehead country...lol. I really only have experience in using skidsteers, have owned a few of them over the years, and currently have a Bobcat 753G, which has been used very little. I ran across this site after surfing for an answer to a fuel leak problem I am having with it. I am hoping that the questions I have posted here in the forum will help me diagnose where it may be leaking fuel. Thank you once again for creating such a wonderfully helpful site. Rick

  842. #842alvaromilespar2011-10-20 22:47

    welcome Ernie to this interesting and useful site!

  843. #843CaseFan132011-10-24 21:22

    CaseFan13 My dad bought a new Case 580 Super M back in '02 when I was 6. It now has 4000 hours on it and I've rode for at least 2000 and drove for at least 200. When we got into making well sites in about 2004-2005 my dad turned me lose on an excavator and said go to town. I'm 15 now and have been running dozer for 6 years, backhoe for 8, and excavator for 6-7.

  844. #844stock2011-10-24 23:00

    Welcome there Casefan.............enjoy the site ....................just don't upset the old duffers like grandad,tiny myself or willie (formerly known as ATCO)

  845. #845willie592011-10-25 00:02

    LoL, welcome to the forum Casefan. :usa

  846. #846jblack2011-11-04 13:26

    Hi Everyone My name is James, I am a Mining Engineer with Finning Cat. Proud to be the largest Cat dealer in the wqorld. I work with some extremely knowledgeable people who know everything there is to know about Cat equipment. I spemnd alot of time tracking product issues and productivity. Thought this would be a great knowldge base to tap into.

  847. #847willie592011-11-04 19:39

    Welcome to the forum James. :usa

  848. #848Rosky2011-11-04 20:58

    Rosky 25yrs old 13+ years of Demolition/construction with Dozers, Excavators, Backhoes etc From the Great State of Texas! YeeHaw? Cowboy up or put that Cowgirl down.

  849. #849arobase2011-11-05 01:52

    hello all from france, Farmer in western France for 3 years. I have 3 tractors and backhoe for two months. F 580 is a 1980, but there are many repairs before they can build my new building. I hope you can help me to restore. Thank you for accepting me in your community

  850. #850stock2011-11-05 10:54

    Welcome there arobase enjoy the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions, I know there are some restrictions on new members but post away and be patient all will be revealed...............just watch out for us old duffers.............we can and do bite...............

  851. #851Brad1202011-11-06 14:41

    Hi, i'm Brad 120,ben in the exc. ind, for the last 17 years. i've run and ben turning wrenches on heavy eq.for much of the same. hope I can give and recieve help with equipment questions. THANKS!

  852. #852DiskoKiril2011-11-25 19:52

    Hi! First post on this forum so I have to introduce myself. Thanks to my mum I am polite. First, excuse me if the English I use is not perfect. English is not my first language. French is my first language. I was born in France. I am proud to be now a permanent resident of Canada. Very proud. I left France because I don't fit in this country any more. Especially with the assistance mentality of the vast majority of the people. In France, we want everything because we think we deserve this "everything". And we want it by doing nothing in exchange. French logic. Not mine. So I took the only thing that I love in France, my wife, and we arrived in Canada last june. New start, new life. In France, I was an elementary school teacher. Why ? Because my dad used to be one. I wasn't bad in school so I ended to stay in school but on the other side of the desk. Great job. Love it. But I can't teach in Canada and in fact, I don't want to. Canada = new life So I want to have a different life. So do my wife. A former teacher too. We are in Canada since last june and working in British Columbia since. We are working for a guest ranch / outfitter. Cool jobs to begin our life in Canada with but definitely not career jobs. I decided myself to do something that is in my mind since a long time. Eh ! New life no ? So why not becoming a heavy machine operator ? Yeah, why not ? I only have one life and I want to live it with no regrets. That's the reason I am writing this post. I plan to start a new career, a new life. As a heavy equipment operator. I hope that by spending some time on this forum I will find the answer and a lot of advices from experienced folks. Have all a nice day.

  853. #853alrman2011-11-25 20:04

    Welcome DiskoKiril! Very interesting write up. I wish I had the guts to do what you have done, ( I would love to get OUT of heavy equipment!:tong) But life here is pretty good, so circumstances have not forced such a huge decision. Lots of experience & advice to be found here at HEF, from all around the world. Hope you find what you're looking for. :drinkup

  854. #854DiskoKiril2011-11-25 20:21

    Thanks alrman. Hope I will find what I am looking for too!

  855. #855mornlift2011-11-25 21:05

    Good day, everybody! We are the professional manufacturer of hydraulic machinery, I have done in this area for two years, but our company has done in this business for more than ten years, we have done the export business since 2008, www.sinolifter.com , if you have this need, free to contact.:drinkup

  856. #856Filthy2011-11-27 12:38

    Hi i'm new on this forum

  857. #857Filthy2011-11-27 12:45

    Sorry I make a test and test worked here :s I'm from Belgium and I work on "concrete pavers?" I make this I don't know the exact nam in English http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7Cq6qye8G...ing+-+Kirchner+LedgeRock+Bethany+Ledge+06.jpg

  858. #858FP-Z712011-11-28 21:01

    Hey guys, I'm Matt. I am about to graduate from UTI. I am currently working on volvo, hitachi and ir equipment. I love this big stuff, mostly because I grew up around it. I do have one question though, I have huge feet, size 16s and I need a pair of boots that will last. I bought a pair of red wings a few months ago, and they are ok, but they look horrible. What would you guys reccomend for a pair of pull ons?

  859. #859DonBC2011-11-30 00:56

    DiskoKiril, I believe that the college in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island has a heavy equipment operators training course if you want to go that route. It might move you along more quickly than trying to pick up experience on your own. Don

  860. #860Kiteman2011-12-01 01:35

    Kiteman Glad I found your site. Been framing houses for 35 years. I'm trying to get some help with some repairs for my 1995 Lull 644 Highlander and this looks like the place to get it!

  861. #861chubbz8172011-12-14 14:04

    hi My name is tony, i work for my father hauling rock from bridgeport tx to various places. i drive a 97 century powered by a 475 hp 3406e with a 92 40' lufkin end dump. i love and take pride in my job i have been driving for only 3 years but ive been ridin shotgun with my dad ever since he started in this business with his dump truck. i wanna build this truck to a head turner. i love anything custom i drive a 2000 silverado slammed on a 5/8 drop 20in billet specialties hd clip and some go fast goodies i hope to learn alot from this site and post up some good stuff

  862. #862fac1692011-12-14 17:22

    Hi, I'm a 40 some year old mother of 5 that was kinda forced into learning about machinery. My husband bought a 2007 JLG 600A that had been damaged in a fire. So I've had to learn all I could about this machine. I was able to give the serviceman who came to help us some help. I actually think at some time I could work in a parts department now. We are getting down to the last of the repairs and I'm sure I will need all the help I can get. Thanks for being here. '

  863. #863DMoline2011-12-17 15:01

    Hello Forum. D Moline. Own and operate a backhoe service in Nothwest Nevada. I do a variety of work. Homesites, rural subdivisions (none lately!), septic systems, All types of utility installations, the usual stuff. I will hire out hourly. 325L, backhoes, loader, water truck. I Lurk here often so I thougt I had better crawl out from under my rock and introduce myself. I really enjoy this forum. Dave

  864. #864BobcatKW2011-12-20 18:10

    Hello ! new guy from South Florida. Looking forward to bending some ears , to keep me from bending any more machines !:waving

  865. #865cwwrman2011-12-22 19:17

    Hi guys! I bumped into this forum yesterday and was hooked! I was raised around log trucks since I was 4 yrs old. My Grandad used to own a large fleet of log trucks out of the Chehalis, Wa area and hauled mainly for Weyco. My dad is also a log truck driver. He has driven truck for 37 years now and is almost ready to throw in the towel. In my childhood my grandad would take me with him out to the Weyco reloads at PeEll, Curtis, and Vail. I loved watching the off-hwy trucks come snaking into Vail. I remember it like it was yesterday, too bad I don't have many pictures of them. Oh well. Some of you Weyco folks might catch onto my name. CWWR is the FRRA symbol for the Chehalis Western RR, which is a Weyco subsidiary that ran from Curtis and Vail to the dumps at Tacoma and South Bay. I have been modeling the Chehalis Western for about 4-5 years now. Best Regards Ryan

  866. #866dgowland2011-12-23 22:06

    New to the forum . Just bought a Komatsu PC75UU2 . Forum looks good !

  867. #867johnhenryrolf2011-12-24 00:03

    Hello, I haven't been eveywhere and done everything, but I am a GOOD operator! I recently bought a Fiat-Allis 262B, and I haven't done much work with it. I live in Southeastern Kansas, and if there is anyone out there that needs a job close to Le Roy, you just let me know...I have done A Lot of online searches, and this has to be the BEST heavy equipment site that there is (worldwide)! I am addicted to HeavyEquipmentForums -John

  868. #868johnhenryrolf2011-12-24 00:19

    Hello to all! By the way, I am looking for anyone that is fairly close to the Kansas area to get hooked up with, as far as getting jobs anyway! As far as knowledge goes, I'll take that from anywhere in the world I can get it!!! I am a YOUNG guy and any of you "old farts" out there that can give a little insight, keep in mind that the more you keep to yourself; the more that fades away! So, keep the good info coming, and have a good day! John.

  869. #869Jon S2011-12-31 06:57

    Hi all, I run a farm, but have also have a 963B. I found this forum when looking for information on track loaders.

  870. #870Jon S2011-12-31 07:00

    Hi all, I run a farm, but also have a 963B. I found this forum when looking for information on track loaders.

  871. #871rjsmithffb2012-01-04 17:38

    Proud new care taker of a 1967 580ck. She is giving me a few fits at the moment but I think if I can get her to see things my way she will be a good ole' girl for years to come.

  872. #872stray cat.Inc2012-01-19 23:15

    Hi. My name is Richard, I've been a licensed H D Mechanic since 1979. Mainly Cat equip. , highway trucks and some Farm equipment. I presently farm 900 acres(grain) and do repair work in the off season, the line between the two isn't very definite sometimes. My interests are, Cats, Guitars and Bushplanes.

  873. #873stock2012-01-20 01:50

    Richard welcome to the forum..........................guitars you say................well what about the likes of Chet Atkins who used one of those tools to great effect............

  874. #874stray cat.Inc2012-01-20 11:56

    Yes he did, and very well.

  875. #875bspoon32012-01-20 16:28

    Threads Steve, How can I post a new thread? I just joined a couple weeks ago and I can't post any threads. Thanks

  876. #876stock2012-01-20 17:19

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiwxM_RVEI Something for the stray cat and it even has guitars................................................

  877. #877rvilene2012-01-21 16:55

    Hi , I'm a newbie I cant thread yet but want to know if a Cat turbo 3406, will fit in an old D7G?.... The engine on the D7 is Missing Thanks Rod

  878. #878stray cat.Inc2012-01-21 23:02

    Mechanic (Straycat.Inc) You are better off to find a 3306 and stick to the original type, anytime you try and do a conversion, there is a lot to modify. A D7G doesn't need anymore horse power than a 3306 has, a 3306 is an excellent engine and the machine has a good balance. In my opinion, there is nothing to gain, trying to install a 3406. Let me know if you need more advice.

  879. #879slade2012-01-23 22:22

    hey, my name is Mark. i purchased my first backhoe a about a year ago. its a 1985 john deere 310b. found this site on the web, desided i should join so i can get some advice and maybe give some.

  880. #880willie592012-01-23 22:23

    Welcome to the forum slade. :usa

  881. #881jakepedersen2012-01-25 12:58

    Hello from Iowa! I'm a farmer who likes playing in the dirt with all kinds of equipment.

  882. #882kgman2012-01-26 12:25

    Greetings All! I think I can count on one hand how many times I've posted on a forum in total, so I have a lot to learn. My full time job is in public safety, but I'm a small time equipment operator. I've owned my 1830 Case skidloader for 20 years, but I've only had my 350 Case Dozer/backhoe for about 3. I've recently purchased an Allis Chalmers TL-14 loader. I only use my equipment on my small farm in Southern Minnesota and my goal is to spend more time operating my equipment than working on it. My current challenge is with my TL-14, so anyone with experience in the issues (you know what they all are) please email me at [email protected] and be my hero!

  883. #883deltl1ks2012-01-26 15:33

    I'm a newbie here and I have a Ferguson 1949 T20 tractor, and I just picked-up a Case 580B. It's a 1973 but it has some leaks hydraulic I think, perhaps other leaks. Not sure yet. Operationally it's doing great. I only paid $4800.00 for the loader/backhoe but I think once I get the leaks fixed it will be a good ole tractor. This is my second post and for some reason I can't start a thread yet. I think I need more posts before I can post up my questions.

  884. #884rubicon792012-01-27 00:42

    New to equipment in general here!! Wanting to purchase an older dozer or crawler loader for general land clearing and farm use. Came here looking for advice!! Thanks

  885. #885effies2012-01-27 01:38

    G'day all. Thanks for the welcome. I'm keen to import used skid steers and UTV's into Australia as we are completely ripped off by the OEMs. Would appreciate some contacts re: supply, cleansing and shipping. Looking to do this on a regular basis, so would like to start up a relationship with like minded souls. Regards, effies

  886. #886Canadian_Deere2012-01-28 12:49

    Nice site glad to sign up. Started on equipment at an early age working in the construction trade.Moved into the Automotive repair trade. Prefer to turn wrenches on equipment anyday, Now Im working for a Hydroseeding company Looking after equpment. Have been surfing the threads for the last few months lots of info but thought I have already introduced myself already.

  887. #887stock2012-01-28 13:18

    Welcome Can-Deere .wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of the hydro seeding ........................

  888. #888Canadian_Deere2012-01-28 15:27

    Well here is the web site for the company that the equipment comes from. http://www.finncorp.com/hyrdoseeders.html We currently running a Titan, T-330, T-170 on good and heavy logging trailers and a B-260 straw blower on a trailer. I would link our web site but dont want anyone to think Im spamming lol

  889. #889Funkyfullwidth2012-02-01 07:19

    Hey guys... My names Bob. I've been browsing on this site for a couple months now. alot of information and experience here. My background is really a simple one. I'm 25, went to school for Auto through the ford asset program, worked in a dealership during school. When i got out I did odd jobs for 6 months then landed a gig doing Fleet maintenance for a construction company. We have alot of different stuff. We have 2 Mini excavators, 3 track excavators, 2 rubber tire excavators. 3 wheel loaders, 3 Back hoes, 4 Skid steers, 3 Vibratory Rollers, a Pete tractor and dump truck, mack dump truck 2 international hook trucks and a cab over mack roll off. Oh ya, and we have a hydro-seeder and an IR tow behind compressor. Then there's 10 or so pick up trucks. I"m probably missing somethign. It's just me in the shop and sometimes it's alot of work. There's been a slight learning curve, but i've been there over a year now and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully i can contribute as much as I can. Thanks!

  890. #890Sweismyster2012-02-02 02:12

    Good day all Im Francois and I work at MTU SA. My work is to take out cummins and CAT engines and install MTU engines in big dumptrucks Happy smiles everyone

  891. #891Sweismyster2012-02-02 03:14

    Good day all My name is Francois and I work for MTU-SA. My work is to install MTU engines in the place of CAT and Cummins into big Dumptrucks. Happy smiles everyone

  892. #892stock2012-02-02 13:54

    Well now Sweissmyster if it isn't too much trouble you might explain why and post a few pictures for us..................

  893. #893Tom Hoffman2012-02-02 23:31

    Guess, I missed this first posting. I just recently registered, in hopes of getting some answers about my new (to me), New Holland lx885. I got it this past early fall from an older gentleman in Dubuque, Ia. He and his brothers had a large const. company and sold it off a couple of years back and the Loader got missed at the auction. Finally he had to have his grand son post pics of it on Craig's list just as I was starting to look in earnest for a loader. I had a Bob Cat 753, I bought in 1999 to help me build a new house. I kept it for 10 years and built several more houses Sold it to get the cash to buy our retirement cabin on a river in Iowa. Now 3 years after selling, I realized that I really missed having a loader around for light gardening and lawn work etc. Oddly enough SWAMBO agreed. When I went over to see the loader, it came with grouser tracks, a second bucket (light material), forks and a tooth bar. All that was included for a very reasonable price. I just traded the Light Material Bucket for a Hydraulically operated snow blade and just got it on the loader a couple of weeks ago, we got to use it for one snow storm. Worked like a champ. Problem right now is that I can't use it as I am house bound after a total hip replacement operation in Dec. My next door neighbor gets all the fun. Look forward to reading all the post on here. Regards, Tom...

  894. #894Sweismyster2012-02-03 01:13

    Mtu - sa Hi Stock. This forum is really fast! Didnt expect a reply already We are specialists in engine manufacturing and installation for the mine, marine, navy, rail and so on. I deal mainly with the big stuff 2000kW and up. Our engines normally go for 25000hrs before we redo them and send them for another 25000hrs. I dont want to mention our OEM or the Truck companies but I can however send some photos. Im just not sure how? Forgive me if I sound like an advertiser but I love my job and my company

  895. #895stock2012-02-03 01:43

    Well most of us here are in the same boat love what we do ...... How-to-add-pics-to-forum-posts follow the instructions in this link generously done by willie59 formerly Atco .

  896. #896wdlittell2012-02-10 19:42

    Hi, I work for the county road and bridge dept. here in Big Timber,MT. I do most of the servicing and mechanical repairs. We have 5 motor graders,2backhoes,loaders,trucks and other pieces of equipment.

  897. #897willie592012-02-10 19:58

    Welcome to the forum wdlittell.

  898. #898dewier gerard2012-02-11 07:55

    HI all I My name is gerard 62 yo from Belgium Europe workshop manager on site Work on hi way / dam constructions , mainly Cat equipment ( from D4 to 657b ) also Off road dumpers U-Rig and Terex, 100T 120 & 150T [metric] I check out to find anybody who heard about a DW21 with control gearbox electric A friend told me that he drove with such DW21. Years 1963 never heard of that in Cat DW21 (manual gbox) then 631 powershift may be I will find information on your site . Anyway interesting

  899. #899ibleedyellow2012-02-17 18:17

    Ibleedyellow hey everyone! I have always been around the equipment industry--my dad has worked for a Cat dealer for 34 years. I now work as a sales rep for a different equipment dealership in Colorado. I am learning more and more by the day and am just excited to be in the industry. I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and it has been a big help in enabling me to understand some of thoughts and perceptions of many of the customers whom i deal with. All of my customers are small operations, usually 1-5 machines. Just happy to be a part of this industry and excited to continue learning. For hobbies i enjoy hiking, climbing, skiing, and golf.

  900. #900stock2012-02-17 19:38

    Welcome there bleeding yellow...............sorry to here you work for finnings :crying :crying :crying but welcome to the forum.................give it twenty years and you might qualify to join the old duffers club

  901. #901Des2012-03-02 19:35

    what kinf of trailer can move a house? I'm trying to rescue an historic old house from demolition. What kind of trailer is needed to move it (32x32x29 frame home), and how much does one cost to rent, and where can one be rented? We have a friend who has an 18-wheeler and has, in the past, moved houses. Since he's in financial difficulty, I want to be sure I know the actual costs involved, etc. Need answer asap as house has to be moved by April 1, 2012 Thanks for all assistance.

  902. #902monashee2012-03-02 20:08

    Monashee, I am a new owner of a JD 2554 with a waratah 622 processor. How come I cant post new threads?

  903. #903sdc23_992012-03-05 15:45

    Name is Seth, worked with equipment, mostly excavators for about 10 yrs. I lack experience with trouble shooting and repair on heavy equipment and hope to use this website and the knowledgable members as a reference.

  904. #904Ownlivr2012-03-06 01:56

    Ownlivr Hello, brand new, first time equipment owner. Just bought a 1996 case 580sl today. I have probably got about 3 or 4 hours of reading time on this forum and have found the information very valuable to my used backhoe search. I will post pictures once I get onto my computer and off of my phone. Thanks for the great site

  905. #905dloiselle2012-03-06 08:26

    Morning all I found this site researching buckets on a 304 I just bought and am currently rehabbing. Currently have 2005 304cr, 2000 312BL, 2000 416CIT, 2000 Hyundai H70, 96 Rd 690s. We handle everything from utility lines through land clearing, light demo upto 2 story. Started out as a landscape design and build, but the economy hear in good old new york has a socialistic government running it, so we expanded to everything we could since landscape work pretty much puked out in 08.

  906. #906AnBros2012-03-14 18:38

    AnBros Hello, I'm a Landscape Contractor and recent Business Management and Economics college graduate. I found this site after I purchased my first backhoe and was Googling some parts an '86 Case 580 Super E. I would post a pic, but my posting rights are limited at this time. Does anyone know how I can get that changed?

  907. #907dirtdigger692012-03-19 14:55

    New guy here , been running case equipment , 850 loader and also a 580 backhoe for a little over twenty years. I purchase my own backhoe about 5 years ago tried starting a bussiness and did well till the economy crashed . So now I am just tinkering around with my machine and having some wiring issue's so found this forum and thought id fit right in ....

  908. #908Captain_Kiwi2012-03-22 06:45

    Ahoy ye mates! Newbie on board! Been with construction equipment dealerships for 4 years so far, initially got recorded as a part of mighty Product Support crew by CAT dealer in Russia (yep). A year ago got me ship painted blue but still keeping PS flag waving proudly. Will stay quietly a bit and learn from any old salt in local tavern. Yarrr!

  909. #909DirtHauler2012-03-22 07:12

    Welcome, we are quite a worldly forum here. You will fit right in.

  910. #910Skideoder2012-03-23 23:26

    Im a long time lurker, but I rarely post. I started my excavation company about 7 years ago in Az. and up until the end of '11, thats where I was. Recently moved to the Houston Tx area and am re-starting my company in a much better local economy. Had to turn down my 1st job ever earlier because I just dont have large enough equipment to handle it. Guess its time to step up from the 1 ton truck/dump trailer into an actual dump truck.

  911. #911wayne.dellio2012-04-01 13:00

    How many month/hours do equipment operators generaly work per year in the northeast? I ask because I was offered an apprenticeship as an operator but dont know if I want to leave my job as a sheet metal worker.

  912. #912Mud Dauber2012-04-01 19:55

    Been lurking for a few months here, guess I need a few posts to get validated before I can start or respond to main forum threads. I've been a sitework contractor for 20 years, had as many as 30 employees and as few as 1 - can't figure which extreme I prefer lol. Anyway, do it all from residential to commercial, clearing through paving, demo through hardscapes. I run Topcon gps, rover only, not machine control, and do a lot of CAD based surface models and takeoffs. Also run a total station, do most of my own layout. Look forward to learning from the experience of others, and hopefully I can contribute something useful one day soon.

  913. #913stock2012-04-02 02:33

    Welcome there Muddauber look forward to your account on both the total station and gps rover.Out of interest which gps system do you have phone or base station................

  914. #914PlasticPaddy2012-04-02 04:37

    How's it going people. I'm jim from London U.K now in Sydney Australia (Although heading back soon) I am a diesel mechanic by trade but have mostly been operating plant and driving trucks through my working life. Looks like a great site youse have here. cheers!:thumbsup

  915. #915popsiclepete2012-04-02 23:40

    New to this forum, but have enjoyed the threads. Some people are proud of their equipment and some as a little bitter, I guess it depends on how well you bought. I'm looking at the purchase of a new to me Case 590SM hope the crap shoot is in my favor. The last hoe I ran was 30 yrs ago, an old Allis Chambers, can't remember the model but it was the first extend a hoe in the area. Boy it was a beast. More slack and swing than would be allowed today. I was just a kid then but still remember the ether on a not so cold morning. Those were the days. Now looking at developing an acreage and could use it for work now as well. Can't wait till I find the deal.

  916. #916Treetop2012-04-03 22:03

    Hello everybody, I am a farmer, excavating contractor from ky. I have been lurking for a while and have gotten addicted. I am glad to find this site.

  917. #917willie592012-04-03 22:53

    Welcome to the forum Treetop.

  918. #918Mud Dauber2012-04-03 23:08

    Hi Stock - I run a topcon hiperlite - its a fixed base and a rover - hands down the best money i ever spent. The base gets set on a control point and transmits-receives with the rover with real time positioning info, i load the plans into the handheld, as well as a surface model i make, and any points i calc, and then i start laying out starting from stripping limits all the way through finish grades at the end of the job. I would hate to go back to grids and tapes after using the gps.

  919. #919Cantgetthere2012-04-04 15:15

    cantgetthere Hi folks lots of good things here...I started driving log truck @16. When the industry pretty much disappeared in this area I moved on to heavy haul throughout Canada & US. Last 6 yrs spent working for a local construction co. really like it :tong ,so does my wife. (most of the time)

  920. #920Graham12012-04-04 16:17

    Hi, just introducing myself. I've been operating plant for about 20 years. Own a Euromach 1500m walking excavator and reguarly operate a Cat 320, but am willing to try most machines given the chance. Work all over the UK, from Orkney down to the Lizard in Cornwall.

  921. #921MBX12012-04-05 13:19

    Hello everyone, I am the fleet manager for a small excavating company here in southern California, I look forward to using the forum

  922. #922willie592012-04-05 19:50

    Welcome to the forum Graham1 and MBX1. :usa

  923. #923Rebuilding2012-04-07 17:48

    Hi guys, I'm a project manager for a civil construction contractor (mainly roading and drainage) in Christchurch, New Zealand.

  924. #924willie592012-04-07 21:04

    Welcome to the forum Rebuilding. :usa

  925. #925stock2012-04-07 21:28

    Welcome there Rebuilding how are things progressing in the land of the Kiwi........................

  926. #926gunite2012-04-08 05:39

    Gunite Ive owned and operated a swimming pool service and construction company for the last 25 years and along the way Ive learned to use, and then own heavy machinery. Still wondering why I cant post a new thread here yet and Ive been registered for at least a month now.

  927. #927stock2012-04-08 05:50

    Make a hand full more posts and see what happens....................

  928. #928gunite2012-04-08 11:48

    OK thanks will do.

  929. #929carman22012-04-08 19:39

    hi to all members my log in name is carman 2 work on heavy equipment for about 12 years now so hope to help in any way on the forum so tank for having me here .

  930. #930KOBEL2012-04-09 11:23

    Hi Steve My name is Aidan I found this forum while surfing the net looking for work I live in the Republic of Cork ,Ireland and have exp.operating and repairing excavators eg. high reach and long reach 250,330 ect.Looks like a great forum hooked allready.

  931. #931stock2012-04-09 11:49

    welcome from another from the PRC.....................

  932. #932KOBEL2012-04-09 15:13

    Thanks for the welcome stock

  933. #933hilton8502012-04-22 18:17

    hilton850 My name is Jesse, I grew up on a dairy farm in Maine, have experience with mostly older IH and CaseIH tractors and some other farm equipment. We now have an old (1968 or so) Cat D7 in need of repair which is why I'm here. I look forward to meeting everyone and contributing what I can to this forum.

  934. #934queen of spades2012-05-02 16:04

    Hi, How do I make a new post in a forum? I have a line on an old IH 340 loader.. it has a seized engine and they are selling for $1500. It's a diesel. Just wanting to know if I can still get new parts for it or if I should skip on to something else. Please let me know about the posting, or the IH 340!

  935. #935pkf2012-05-03 03:08

    Hi, I'm Patrick from Amsterdam. I'm doing my final project for school researching for a filtration company in Holland whether it's interesting to develop the construction equipment market. Anyone got tips how this forum can help me?

  936. #936ablebob2012-05-04 05:53

    Hi My name is Bob from Newfoundland Canada. Ablebob for short. Had a 76 JD 2010 backhoe , a 1010 JD crawler and a couple of Fait Allison 720 pit loaders. I just bought my first track hoe.

  937. #937digger_hunter2012-05-07 08:01

    Hi, My name is Khan and I live in Munich, Germany. Our company buys and sells all types of excavators and other construction machinery. I have been following the forum for a few months and really like the information available on it and also the members are very knowledgable which is a very good thing! Thanks! Khan

  938. #938RReng662012-05-07 12:27

    My Name is Mike Huber, I'm a locomotive engineer for CSX railroad for 16 years, journeyman machinist and was a GM mechanic from awhile back. I just purchased a 580B for some work around the house, bought it right but wont move, I've gained so much information from the short time looking at this site. As long as I have this machine I will be a member!

  939. #93994porkchop2012-05-13 19:52

    well i have no heavy equip.. experience. i have worked on cars for years but this is slightly different. I recently purchased a ford 4500 tlb and now i am hooked.

  940. #940stock2012-05-13 20:08

    94porkchop get out quick before you become addicted.................................

  941. #9414500GUY2012-05-13 23:05

    A great machine. I have a 1975 4500 with the 13' hoe and she's still going strong.

  942. #942curt morgan2012-05-13 23:30

    Hi my name is Curt Morgan, I have no experience at all on heavy equipment. How I got involved here is, my church group is building a new sanctuary and somehow I got the job of running and maintaining the small excavator and dozer they had purchased. The level of common sense and experience I have found here is amazing. Just monitoring the Komatsu forum has helped greatly in common maint. info such as what oil to use and even where to put it in the things. Now with more serious problems cropping up, I hope to be able to tackle a steering clutch problem with the help that seems to be abundantly available here.

  943. #943rumblecloud2012-05-16 13:11

    Hello Everyone! My name is Randy or just my initials, RC. I live in Michigan near Port Huron in farm country. I've never owned any heavy equipment, although I have had a couple of years experience in my late twenties working with heavy equipment. I was fortunate enough to work for a company that produced training videos for R&R work on AG tractors, front loaders, TLBs, etc. Part of my job involved learning how the equipment worked. Basically we'd fly to a ranch in Texas and go out and dig holes or plow fields. Great fun and great learning. Lately, I've become interested in getting a TLB for work around my property. I need to improve drainage mostly and move some Earth around. Things I can't easily do with my tractor. So I'm here to learn as much as I can while I try to convince my wife how much our lives will improve after I get one So thanks in advance and I'll be poking my nose in every now and then trying not to be nuisance. rc

  944. #944willie592012-05-16 20:35

    Welcome to the forum rumblecloud. :usa We might be able to offer some advice about a loader/backhoe, but convincing the wife life will be better...sadly, we're unqualified to pull off that trick. :tong

  945. #945timstroud2012-05-17 21:07

    Hello my name T's tim I work for the pipe line enjoy running excavators I found this site trying to get some help with my case580b. I also like reading others posts very interesting

  946. #946timstroud2012-05-17 21:11

    Need help on a case 580 b its a power shuttle it keeps popping out of gear when I hold the shifter it will not pop out I tore the floor out of the cab today pulled the tops off the trans I don't see anything wrong it looks like a new transmission please help

  947. #947stock2012-05-18 00:43

    Might be a broken spring holding the ball on he selector shaft....

  948. #948stock2012-05-18 01:01

    Might be a broken spring holding the ball on he selector shaft.... the items marked in yellow, if these are ok then you have a worn selector or gear............................. Why not have a look here http://www.casece.com/wps/portal/casece/partscatalogtutorial?brandsite_brand=CaseCE&brandsite_language=en&brandsite_geo=NA

  949. #949Timmyy2012-05-29 18:35

    New to the site an lots of great reading so far.

  950. #950trainbuffx572012-05-29 18:40

    Hey All !!! Joined the forum planning on buying a med. size excavtor for some property in Ct. !! I'm hoping to get some insight in to the buying of & maintance of the machine !! Thanks, Mike M.

  951. #951trainbuffx572012-05-29 18:43

    Hey !!!! I am also An avid Trainbuff !!! Thanks, Mike M.

  952. #952trainbuffx572012-05-29 18:45

    Hey !! Would also like to be able to post on the excavator thread !! Hope I qualifiy ??? Thanks, Mike M.

  953. #953sfchovis2012-06-01 16:12

    Hello, How do I start a thread? I need information on Fiat Allis 16b. Where to drain and fill fluids, filters, etc. Hovis

  954. #954stock2012-06-01 17:47

    Welcome hovis, you need to post a couple of times before you are allowed to start a thread. This I believe is an anti-spam thing, so have a look around make a few posts then wait a while and "bob's your uncle".................

  955. #955rk668ak2012-06-03 14:32

    Hi my name is Rich been doing soil conservation work in Kansas for about 20 years worked full time at a power plant part of that time running big 992 dozers. I just recently bought on contract a Komatsu D65 EX 12 from the soil conservation contractor that I have work with. He is 87 and wanting to slow down. So we are working more with each other now.

  956. #956sfchovis2012-06-04 07:50

    Thanks Stock. Well, for those who might be able to help me. I'm pretty new to running heavy equipment and have a lot of questions. Mainly about maintenance, repairs, parts, etc. Here is a list of what I currently have Fiat-Allis 16b Dozer Case 450B Dozer Case 580 Backhoe I've read a lot of threads on this website and there sure seems to be a wealth of knowledge and experience on here. Please be easy on me as I know next to nothing about taking care of this equipment and need to learn quick...thank you. Hovis

  957. #957Cat 140M AWD2012-06-04 23:26

    Hey everyone my name is Mark i run blade for 3 local townships in my area i run a 772CH and 2 140M AWD2 blades ive ben running blade for 6 yrs now glad to find a site about what i love and thats anything to do with heavy equipment

  958. #958IanKett2012-06-05 00:12

    Hi Team, I am Ian and live and work in Victoria, Australia. Although not actually a professional machine operator, I have owned and operated my aging "toys" for around 10 years, on my small farming property. I have a Case 310G track loader and a Massey Ferguson MF300 dozer. My day job is as a bus driver/mechanic for a large operator in our largest regional capital. I am only too happy to share any knowledge I do have (which probably isn't really that much) with anyone who may have an interest. I also do have a few wheeled farm tractors here, namely a 1951 Petrol(Kero) E27N Fordson Major, an International AWD7, and a John Deere 1130. I do my own maintenance, but on odd occasions have called on a little "professional" help, especially with some repair work to the idler/track gear on the MF300. That about sums me up I think? Oh, I am also an Amateur Radio operator (in my "spare" time. Thanks for allowing me to join you guys, IanKett.

  959. #959TEC2012-06-05 13:54

    My name is Tom, located in Livonia, Michigan. Mostly work in home construction and renovation, been casually working on a friends equipment for about 10 years. Found this site while trying to locate parts for a Furukawa FL230 wheel loader. I'm still looking for parts for the same loader if anyone has some info they would like to share. I also know of an FL330 parts machine in Michigan if anybody has any interest. PM me or email me at tchconstruct @hotmail.com. To use the email delete the space between t and @ in the address. Cheers, Tom

  960. #960TEC2012-06-05 13:56

    How many times do you have to post before you can start threads? Thanks, Tom

  961. #961stock2012-06-05 16:08

    Welcome Tom have you tried your local John deere/ Hitachi dealer? In 2004 Furukawa also spun off its Metal Smelting & Refining Division to set up Furukawa Metal & Resources Co., Ltd. In the process the company transferred stocks of Hitachi Furukawa Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. and the land, buildings and others leased for the factory of that company to the Hitachi Construction Machinery Group.[10] New & Used Heavy Equipment http://www.ritchiewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Furukawa#ixzz1wx2lutB5

  962. #962TEC2012-06-05 18:24

    Yep. Tried that already. All I can say is am pretty happy that this is the first time I've had a need for an actual Furukawa part. This machine has never given me a lick of trouble and has just had general maintenance. It was only after the diff got torn up that one of the lift cylinders started to weep. It truly has been an amazingly low maintenance machine. Tom

  963. #963willie592012-06-05 18:50

    Welcome to the forum Cat140M, Ian, and TEC. :usa

  964. #964Taylor950422012-06-09 07:25

    Hello my name is Rich glad to meet you all, Iam heavy equipment tech. for a large material handling equipment co. in Eastern Pa. I work on 30,000lb and larger lift trucks and container handlers at railyards and ports from De. up to Me.

  965. #965stock2012-06-09 15:16

    Welcome there Rich hope you enjoy our little forum............but bear in mind it's an international set up and I for one have no idea what or where De to Me.....................

  966. #966CMX Charlie2012-06-12 02:55

    Hi All, I am Charlie and work for CMX Global Logistics. Joined the forum due to wanting to learn as much as Machinery as possible, as I am new to the industry and find it very interesting. CMX is a international freight company that specialises in Heavy Equipment imports and Exports with offices in the USA, Australia and Europe. I am old to freight but since 90% of our business is shipping Heavy Equipment thought this would be a good forum for me to be a part of.

  967. #967niklas2012-06-18 11:48

    hi all my name is niklas and im 37 years old(young), i have been driving heavy equipment of all kinds for around 20 years on and off. my parents have some forrests so been driving some forrest machines in the early years, also some farmers tractors. sorry for my english i been driving some truck working for a local firm. and been working in warehouses driving fork lifts and such. now im working in a mine where i been driving about every machine we use, dumpers cat 789, 793, and we now have 795 but i have not been driving those. also i been driving our cat D-10´s. my current job is loading. in that job i drive cat 980 for cleaning up around the digger, and all our diggers, komatsu 550 2 of them, PH (cant remember the name on them lol) 1100 ton digger we have 3 of them, and bucyrus 495 also around 1000 ton digger 1 of them. we also have 2 cat 994. as you can se its some really heavy equipment in my work also i own a Volvo EC-35

  968. #968stock2012-06-18 12:17

    Welcome there Niklas delighted to have you here, Would it be possible to see some pictures of the mine? Look forward to your input here Stock

  969. #969randomuser2012-06-18 12:32

    Greetings I am a researcher looking for opinion on most if not all types of heavy equipment in use on and off highway. Hello to you all and thanks. Regards

  970. #970Rwhelan802012-06-18 19:41

    Rwhelan80 Hello, My name is Rob. I have worked around hydraulics and heavy Tow Equipment for the past 5 years. Currently I am a Union Bricklayer installing Terrazzo Floors. I know I know, nothing to do with heavy equipment. However, as A hobby I love to work on equipment. Forklifts, Hydraulics, Backhoes, anything Diesel and Interesting. I am more interested in the service and Restoration side of things. I take pride in my work and take every step possible to return to service. I also enjoy the preventive maintenance side of the equipment. I currently have two projects going. One is my Clark C500 C30 3000# Propane Lift with a leaking steering cyl. The other is my late 70's IH 3600A Backhoe. No forward or reverse. All other hydraulics working strong. It is a Hydrostatic drive. I am considering a tear down and restore on the whole machine. This forum looks great for knowledge, which is getting harder and harder to come by these days. Thanks and any suggestions, pointers and advice will be greatly appreciated.

  971. #971niklas2012-06-19 08:56

    sure stock, ill get some pics and try to figure out how te get them on here

  972. #972honestherman2012-06-20 20:22

    Hi, Herman here. I am a new member with a GMC 7000 project that I have.

  973. #973Freedom61782012-06-21 01:15

    Freedom6178 Hi all just bought a 67 Case 580CK diesel powered backhoe. I hope to use it to help clear some trails on the 18.6 acres i bought in the UP. I've never owned any equipment like this b4. I've used skid-steers b4 and driven a large forked loader a few times but I know nothing much about diesels.I'm sure you'll be able to answer most if not all my questions thanks Mike

  974. #974willie592012-06-21 20:29

    Welcome to the forum Freedom6178. :usa

  975. #975claypot2012-06-22 07:53

    Hi all' I'm from Adelaide south Australia, I have a Case 580 CK. I'm here cause I'm gunna need help to keep the old girl running!

  976. #976Taylor950422012-06-23 14:59

    Delaware to Maine in United States

  977. #977Pass'n thru2012-06-23 15:37

    Howdy Folks:tong:canada Really like the diversity of subjects:dizzy I'm a reeeeeformed former log hauler, heavy equipment relocation specialist, now semi-retired (the better half likes having me home...most of the time):thumbsup working for a local road construction outfit, mostly driving a redi-mix concrete truck, or stone slinger,or loader,dozer... well you get the picture.:beatsme anyway, love the site, keep up the good work. Gary

  978. #978wt852012-06-23 20:03

    Hello, new member here and also new to heavy equipment operations. I just finished at Northern Ca College of Construction with my OPCAT in excavator and certs. for backhoe, skidsteer, grader, scraper, mini-ex, dozer, and water truck. Im looking for any advice or tips from members in the const. industry in regards to employment and general info. Anything and everything is appreciated and look forward to learning as much as i can. Thanks again!!!!

  979. #979SeaMac2012-06-23 21:08

    Hey wt85, Welcome to HEF, I think you will find more than enough insight and information from the members. I don't want to sound too bitter but I hope there's work where you are or nearby, if not get back in school and earn a degree in a viable industry. Having said that, I wish you all the best in your new line of work, I know I have enjoyed every minute of my time at the controls. Growing up playing with Tonka toys it's quite an experience operating the real thing. I offer this piece of advice, save your money for a rainy day. I mean it too, we usually don't work when it's raining and here at least it can rain for weeks at a time. Again, welcome to HEF and good luck...

  980. #980MaxUnit0092012-06-25 10:10

    MaxUnit009 Hello, Name is Alex. Just started working in the Heavy Machinery business! so far so good.

  981. #981cdfratzog2012-06-27 16:18

    Hi guys. I'm Chris, from central Pennsylvania, USA. I co-op a small farm with my parents. Have been running farm and heavy equipment for over 30 years. Just bought my first backhoe. A Case 580K that needs a bunch or work. You could say it's a basket CASE.

  982. #982biodiesel2012-07-04 21:12

    Just a quick hello.I am not a heavy equipment guru.I am an ase certified heavy duty diesel master tech with a very mixed career.30 years ago graduated diesel school and because of heavy trucks needing to be roadtested 25 years with a cdl class A.I own a mobil repair shop and will work on anything.In my years in NY(upstate 25 miles from Albany)I did LOg trucks and skidders,etc.Now in central Tn.I am in the middle of nursery stock country,so farm tractors and skid steers are the order of the day.I have recieved much help and insite already, and look forward to the day when I can be of more help.

  983. #983dig4me2012-07-05 20:09

    I don't know much about Forum sessions but with time hope I can become acquainted with how the system functions....

  984. #984strangedex2012-07-06 19:26

    strangedex Hello. I am in the scrap metal industry. We just took home a P&H Excavator that runs and operates. We have a few other machines as well. This is our second excavator (we have Bobcat 331 mini also). I am mostly looking for info on this machine. I can not find the model number for it. I do believe it has the 6-71 screamer in it. It seems to have really weak track drives. I'm hoping it's operator error and not something serious. All other functions seem to work as designed.

  985. #985chuckcu2692012-07-13 23:06

    Hello all, been in the industry for 20 plus yrs. Have ran quite a bit of equipment. really like the Cat equipment.

  986. #986joeeye592012-07-14 12:35

    Hi Max... Where in Florida are you? ...I have a place just South of Daytona Beach which is New Smyrna Beach. I stay there in the Winter being my folks are there.

  987. #987rasscoe2012-07-17 02:29

    Hello all, my name is Roscoe. I'm an electrical technician with the power company in the Bahamas. When I'm not taking something apart or tryin' ta fix something or the other, you could probably find me at my favorite pub having a few coldies, and testing whits on the chess board with the other addicts. Up until February 2012, I had zero experience with heavy equipment, so I'm definitely a newbie at this. I bought a CAT 420D IT, as a business venture, and it had been smooth sailin' until two days ago. The otherwise reliable machine refused to start. Anyway while searching the web for info I came across HEF. After browsing through some of the posts and I gat ta say I was impressed. So I decided to join and I'm lookin' forward to learnin' whatever I can . . .

  988. #988ox_dog2012-07-17 04:32

    Hi everyone, I'm a mechanic from Tasmania, Australia. Can't remember how I found this site (I've been snooping around for a while now). I'm 28 and been swinging spanners since 16 (for a wage, been wrecking things for alot longer than that). I have had a lot of jobs, worked for Detroit Diesel, a resonable sized civil contractor, mining contractor, hire companies, crane repairer, DBT (now Cat), and screwed together some Terex MT 4400 dump trucks, among other jobs. Doing maintenance at a sawmill at the moment for a change. dont really have time for hobbies at the moment as i am trying to renovate our houseso that takes up all my spare time (and money). Ox

  989. #989casecx282012-07-17 08:08

    My name is Mickey Been running a subcompact JD with backhoe and loader for years I am looking at a mini track hoe, and have a bunch of questions. Similar to NT, I guess I am planning on taking advantage of a more knowledgeable crew

  990. #990Mikez2012-07-17 11:50

    Hello, Mike here, just joined up and looking forward to all the information available. I do dispatch and maintenance, fleet includes 9 Mack dumps, and over 60 pieces of equipment.

  991. #991tom09092012-07-25 14:12

    How do I post

  992. #992joeeye592012-07-25 14:36

    Hi tom... I believe you need to reply to a few posts out there that "other people" have posted before you can actually begin your own post on a topic, something like 10 ?? I believe its like a probationary period to safe guard from spamers, etc... Welcome to the forum.., you will find so many great people here...

  993. #993tom09092012-07-25 14:39

    OK...thank you.....Thats what I am hopeing for, if its anything like the chevytalk forums it will be a great place to meet people, and ask ????? about the equipment

  994. #994tom09092012-07-25 14:41

    When will I know when I can post to ask questions

  995. #995joeeye592012-07-25 16:03

    I'm not sure my friend..., try reading the bylaws, rules and regulations again when you joined, you most likely missed this part...., if you still can't find the info try sending a message to the moderator being I'm not up to date on this... other than that after going back and forth with the people on this forum, try posting when you reach 10.... good luck...

  996. #996joeeye592012-07-25 16:11

    Yes this is the best forum ever!!! I can't thank everyone enough I've corresponded with, especially the good man who showed me where to get filters cheap!!! what a life saver being I'm not pulling down construction money to keep my machine running in great shape...

  997. #997Catster2012-07-25 16:17

    Name is Sean and I recently purchased a Cat 287b and was hoping to get some trouble shooting help from the forum. Thank You, Sean

  998. #998joeeye592012-07-25 16:31

    Welcome Sean, your in the right place to offer help and learn...

  999. #999MBX12012-07-25 19:26

    Welcome joeeye59 and catster, I'm sure you will find this forum very useful

  1000. #1000mw852012-07-25 20:41

    Mw85. Hi every one. happy to of found this forum. I am a Komatsu tech in texas.

  1001. #1001chardengine2012-07-27 13:52

    Hii everyone i am new here in this forums, i am dealing with hydraulic seals & seal kits for heavy equipment, nice knowing you guys

  1002. #1002AM81020112012-07-29 20:36

    Hey everyone, just joined. Being driving dumps for about 2 years and running skid steers(mostly bobcats) for id say about 5 years. Doing all sorts of work. Looking into buying some equipment soon and hopefully can get some good info here.

  1003. #1003materthegreater2012-07-29 22:20

    Mater the Greater here. Awesome forum! I've been lurking for a while but decided to join in the fun here! @AM810, those Bobcats are great machines! We have 2 track machines and 1 wheel machine where I work.

  1004. #100464tonka2012-07-30 12:28

    hi all my name is Henry, and un-like most of you this is not my line of work, i love equipment , i iam in the process of building my service truck, it will be used mainly for my own uses as well as helping my bud's. it is is 1964 chevrolet 1-ton i have a service crane on it and will soon be installing my air compressor, generator and another tool box. my truck is the small kid brother to all of your trucks and hope you don't mind me asking some Q. as i go along on my project. i also love all hot rods / rat rods / classics ETC. have a great day. Henry.

  1005. #10054x4dually2012-08-02 17:26

    Good afternoon everyone! I signed up since I found your fourm using Google to find "dump trucks wanted". I have a small truck for sale that I would like to post; however, I "may" reply but "may not start a thread". Is there a waiting period? I checked my email and all I have is a "welcome" email. I'm in Stillwater, OK. Thanks!

  1006. #1006willie592012-08-02 19:00

    Welcome to the forum 4x4dually. You have to make 3 posts to change your status from probationary to junior member, then you can start new threads.

  1007. #10074x4dually2012-08-03 07:45

    Not a problem. Anything to cut down on spam is a good thing. :drinkup

  1008. #1008leoncgrant2012-08-03 15:02

    My name is Leon C. Grant. I own several excavators: Takeuchi, Kobelco, Cat and Case. I have been operating excavators and other types of equipment for 50 years now.

  1009. #1009trackguy2012-08-03 15:39

    Hello HEF members, my name is Eric from Conyers, GA and I am a warehouse manager/forklift operator, I am here to learn as well, my hobbies include cooking and whatever home projects the wife elects for me to do when not at work :drinkup

  1010. #1010willie592012-08-03 20:26

    Welcome to the forum leoncgrant and trackguy.

  1011. #1011raytheone2012-08-04 20:05

    Somewhat of a newbie here too..... I have a new JD 323D on order, and am also looking at picking up a JD 50D mini-ex as well. I have a TLB now, but may trade for the 50D. I have learned a lot here, hope I can help someone else sometime.

  1012. #1012leoncgrant2012-08-04 20:38

    Great bunch of people, just stumbled over the site yesterday and already got some useful info!!

  1013. #1013CDorroh2012-08-05 17:20

    New guy from Kentucky here. I've got a Case 480C, an old cable blade D7, and a D9H. Obviously old iron, but works well for projects on the farm. I joined because I have some mechanical questions about the D9H. Looks like I have to make 3 posts before I can start a topic?

  1014. #1014leoncgrant2012-08-05 19:14

    Welcome CDorroh, fire away with your questions, you might be able to post them in reply to me and all can view them!! Sure some one will be able to help!!!

  1015. #1015jackasphalt2012-08-07 03:15

    Hello..nice to see you here.. welcome and enjoy!!!

  1016. #1016leoncgrant2012-08-07 07:03

    Any luck posting your questions??

  1017. #1017leoncgrant2012-08-07 07:50

    Hi Laurie, I'm leon, your husband has a great machine!! I owned a 5550 , 775, 3400, 2000, 3000, 4000 the later 4 are ag machines and all but the 5550 are still runing! Scrapped the 5550 after 30yrs an a bunch of hrs!! Rebuilt the tranny once!! Fords are a great choice for a great machine and durable, my brand of choice, don't know if they still make Ford, think they merged with New Holland, don't care for them, not strong enough!! You should be able to get many years of service with a little maint!!

  1018. #1018apm2012-08-09 16:14

    Apm I'm a rookie excavator owner/operator. I recently bought a Komatsu PC50UU-1 grey market machine. I've been reading everything I can find here, lots of great info. I'm in Northeast Tennessee mountains and just need the machine for farm cleanup, etc. I've got a bunch of questions once I've posted enough to be able to start threads. Greg

  1019. #1019Aschlaman2012-08-09 20:16

    Hello I am so glad for this forum. I am a wannabe operator. Since I was a little bow that's all I wanted but it never happened. The 150 union in Chicago was. Impossible to get into. So I've collected cOnstruction toys for 45 years instead. I used to ride my bicycle around from one site to another watching the operators. Once in a while I was allowed to ride on a TD30 or D9. That was fun. I have been reading all of your posts and learning a little about the equipment and the industry. I hope to buy a mini excavator and a bobcat to fix up. As I get closer to retirement I think we Are going to buy a place in Wisconsin or. Kentucky so I can have a place to tinker with those machines then dig and fill in holes. In addition to the above I am an ameature photographer, I collect old cameras, an accomplished woodworker and I love to shoot rifles and pistols. Thanks for this group and letting me join. Art

  1020. #1020Sierra Leonie2012-08-14 18:43

    Hi All, My name is Jeremy currently working in Sierra Leone, with a road construction company. Im from Australia but live in Zimbabwe. I was wondering why i cant post new thread questions for help?? Any ideas?

  1021. #1021Sierra Leonie2012-08-14 18:45

    I guess you guys want to know what type of kit we have. We only use Cat and have around 30 machines in 3 countries atm.

  1022. #1022Sierra Leonie2012-08-14 18:48

    O also John Deere tractors and Terex dump trucks....

  1023. #1023digger242j2012-08-14 19:27

    Because with fewer than three posts, you were a Probationary Member, and didn't yet have the ability to post a new thread. But now you have four. :thumbsup Welcome to HEF.

  1024. #1024CBryantCo2012-08-14 20:44

    Hi, Just want to do a quick intro. My name is Bryan, I am part of a family owned and operated construction company located in the Hartford County (specifically the Farmington Valley area) in CT. I found this site while searching for resources regarding all aspects of equipement and have been a lurker for some time. I figured this looks like a great place filled with knowledgable people who might help me better myself as an operator, owner and co-worker and help me better my company overall, so I ought to join up. Currently I am focused on the excavation aspect of our business, primarily installing/repairing and maintaining septic systems for homeowners. We run a good range of equipement including bobcat t300, kobelco 115sr excavator, john deere 190 excavator, volvo ec35 mini excavator, case 450 dozer, case590 backhoe, case1845(?) skidsteer, and a few volvo vhd triaxles international (s1900,?)dump truck a couple of ford 550;s That said, I am really hoping to learn more than I would if I stuck to the crowd I normally converse with, expanding my horizons so to speak

  1025. #1025DEMOLITION.US2012-08-18 14:27

    Hi everyone! I am a former demolition contractor and current editor at DEMOLITION.US. Glad to be here. Look forward to contributing.

  1026. #1026foxalaska2012-08-19 02:04

    Another Alaskan. Heavy equipment operator, truck driver, mechanic-welder plus a few other things. Presently in Tanana Alaska. Mechanic and operator for the city, maintenance tech for the school and I maintain the airport for the state.

  1027. #1027spratt2012-08-21 13:54

    New to the forum. I am Stevanna an affilate with UTi Transport Solutions, I move concrete jersey barriers and heavy equipment. Feel free to contact me via this site about barriers and freight.

  1028. #1028sheetalsagar2012-08-24 05:04

    Hi Everyone, welcome to the heavy equipment forums. I am also new in this forum

  1029. #1029wrangler2012-08-25 00:08

    Hello to everyone on HEF.I live and farm in central Saskatchewan,Canada.My two pieces of yellow equipment are a Cat 60 scraper that I converted to hydraulics from cable,and a Case 580 SL 2.The backhoe is a recent purchase that has some electric issues that I may need some help with.

  1030. #1030trucker682012-08-26 12:50

    Test thanks

  1031. #1031Jocelyn_J2012-08-28 20:31

    I'm Jocelyn,we are dealing with wire drawing machines.They are very big in size.Are they heavy machines?

  1032. #1032DustyD2012-09-07 15:45

    Dusty D I almost greeted everyone here by saying "Hello HEFers!" Since the word sounded familiar, I looked up the definition of a hefer and saw it means a young cow.:bouncegri So, Hello to all of you here on HEF. My name is Dusty and I have no experience in this industry. I am a 23-year-old trying to find out if I want a career as a heavy equipment operator. I dont know much about this industry and I am hoping to learn more here.

  1033. #1033leoncgrant2012-09-07 21:31

    Welcome Dusty, great choice for a lifes work!! Been operating heavy equipment since my teen years, owned them for 50yrs.

  1034. #1034Hurtin_Albertan2012-09-09 10:32

    Hello to everyone on HEF. Im in central alberta. I started out as a Equipment operator for a large landscape company, (bobcats, hoes, tractors, Tree-spades, picker trucks) And moved into a Journeyman Electrician. (Hoes, trenchers, scissor / boom lifts, Digger derrick / Bucket trucks) Have a small acerage I maintain / rebuild equipment for myself and family on. This winters projects are : Ford 4000 Industrial forklift IR 80 CFM Rotary vane air compressor Skyjack SJ006 5-10 An unknown Boom lift?? So im shure I found the right place with a wealth of knowledge (looks that way so far), and hopefully I can spread some back out in return.

  1035. #1035CaseCI2012-10-05 10:26

    Hello there, I am Cristobal from Canary Islands, S-pain I recently purchased a 9200 hrs. Case 580K backhoe...no brakes...very little experience with backhoes... is a miracle that I am still alive... hope to be until finished the job I planned. Next...fix brakes

  1036. #1036leoncgrant2012-10-05 11:19

    I hope you figured out to drop the bucket to stop!!

  1037. #1037CaseCI2012-10-10 05:47

    Hi leon, the bucket stopped me...but going backwards it took a few meters...below This is the first lesson I have learned: to not to get ill, the bucket always down the hill greetings

  1038. #1038leoncgrant2012-10-10 06:17

    You have to be on your toes when it comes to heavy equipment, you never know when a hose will let go or some one wanders into your work area that isn't paying attention!!! Always remain cool and calm to deal with all the unexpected!! Happy digging!!

  1039. #1039biggerhammer2012-10-23 23:59

    Hi, from BC Canada. Been a HD mech for 7 years, worked for const company with a wide variety of make and models. Worked for another company fleet maintenance building supply company that was also mobile crane dealership. Now field mech for dealership truck and equip dealership. Nice having resources. Altho Im a 1man show in my town working remotely from home base which presents challenges but has alot of freedom. Besides warrenty work have to fill time working on whatever which is how I found this site. I love the idea of sharing service literature. I'm a little hesitant to say who I represent cause I obviously dont want to get in hot water. Anyway I gonna waste more time surfing the threads now, tonns of knowlage to be had here.

  1040. #1040leoncgrant2012-10-24 08:32

    Thought y'all might find this interesting!! Some time ago bought 2 poclain excavators, a 300 and 120. Wasn't familiar with MM threads, Had a boom hose blow and proceeded to find a replacement, after going to every hose dealer and equipment dealer in the area, 5hs of driving around and no one had MM fittings, I had a brain storm!! Bought straight SAE fittings and cut the MM threads off the hose coupling and heliarced them to a female SAE coupler!! Problem solved, now no more chaseing MM couplings or fittings!! Probably not of a lot of use today but someone that had the opposite in an older machine and couldn't find SAE couplings it would work the opposite way too!!

  1041. #1041firebird380hp2012-11-07 19:53

    I'm from Savannah,Ga. I have been a operator since 72 I have been a fiinsh grader man since 74 but have ran pretty much whatever was needed.I'm a operating foreman for a company in Bluffton,Sc. Somtime I wish had had stayed in school....but then I think about how much I love my work.I got married at 16 and still with the woman and really wouldn't change anything in my life.The work has sure changed for sure the first grader I ran had a gas and deisel engine...lol not the one I'm on has the topcon (mmgps) system.

  1042. #1042leoncgrant2012-11-07 20:40

    Welcome, my first grader was 1948 Cat12, mechanical controls and had a gas pony motor, a really nice machine !! Even graded inside large commercial blds to 1/2inch for concrete prep. Been on all types of heavy equipment fo over 50yrs, still own excavators and support equipment !! Scrapped the old girl about 8yrs ago !!

  1043. #1043firebird380hp2012-11-10 19:24

    the one I started on was 8t 12 I think a 1956 model.....you cant beat cat for durability!

  1044. #1044leoncgrant2012-11-10 19:45

    Parts too, bought a brand new oil cooler for the 46 in 85, not bad !! They waited 40yrs to sell that cooler !!

  1045. #1045PNECAT2012-11-24 19:08

    Hi Im new to the forum, been reading some good info for a while and thought i would join to chat. Im in the elevators union and i am starting up my own side excavating buissnes, as i have a single axle ford L9000 12 Ton Tag 25ft trailer and a caterpillar D3B. Looking forward to this forum thanks chris

  1046. #1046leoncgrant2012-11-24 20:22

    Lot's of good guys and useful info !!

  1047. #1047arduece2012-11-27 09:33

    hi new to the forum, been reading it a while but just joined yesterday. not a operator by trade but have been off and on equipment years. primary trade is industial construction and secondary is mechanic. i own a 96 JD 310D backhoe, f700 dumptruck,kubota farm tractor, and recently purchased a 78 komatsu d65e. i use this stuff for my own personal use on my land.

  1048. #1048Gooseidi2012-12-11 23:08

    Greetings HEF. Man, where to start? I'm an IBEW electrician of 18 years who has had an affection for machinary since I was a toddler. I can remember sitting on the little John Deere compact tractors at the local fair when I was a kid and always wanting a machine of my own. I've operated dozers, track loaders, back hoes, excavators, wheel loaders, and such over the years but never had anything of my own. A few years ago I went through a divorce and went from making a hundred grand a year to barely being able to keep my truck insurance and cell phone bills up to date. I started a tree removal business and came across the first piece of iron that I can call mine, an early 60's Trojan 114 tractor shovel. Researching this machine brought me to this site and I am loving it so far. I have yet to get the loader running, maybe by the end of the week. She has a Detroit in her and ran 2 years ago so I'm hopeful. I pretty much have a bad habit of revolving my hobbies around work related things like welding, machinary, diesel trucks and so on. I do have a CR 250, nothing too work related there. I love how the world disappears and the task at hand is all thats important when operating a machine and can't wait to find that peacefulness when operating the old Trojan I found. I have an '87 C-70 dump and am looking for a 12 ton trailer to complete my rig.

  1049. #1049leoncgrant2012-12-12 07:52

    Souns like a page out of my book only I started at 10 running a big JD hand clutch tractor for a family friend farmer!! Onward from there! If you're a welder a ton and 1/2 chassis makes a heck of a trailer !! I've made several !! Take the front axel from 2 alike trucks and use the axels in tandum and put duals on both, Probably wind up with a 16 ton, box frame as needed and the front of the chassis can be wishboned and fitted with a pintal hook, the front axels have to be welded so the can't turn but not a problem if there aligned. The axels can be cut and lengthend to whatever you want, I use them with out cutting and welding just keeps the trailer a little high. You can buy a surge brake setup and use the brakes on the axels, and a light kit and you're in business. Probably take 2 to3 weeks part time to build, depending on ability and dedication !! Those trailers sell for upwards of $6,000.00 so it's not a bad deal to just build it.

  1050. #1050Gooseidi2012-12-12 09:04

    Thanks for the welcome Leon. I built a 6 ton tag about 16 or so years ago by now. The frame rails are 4x6x1/4" wall box tubing. Everybody has told me that its a 10 ton trailer with 6 ton axles over the years. I was thinking of sourcing the 10 lug disc braked Dana 80's out of the late 80's-90's F-superduty Fords and putting them under my old trailer. I would have to put an hour glass shape in the frame to allow the duallys to fit properly but I'm sure its possible to do. I have also heard that there is an electric over hydraulic brake system being used now days and this would adapt very well to the Superduty axles I would suppose.

  1051. #1051leoncgrant2012-12-12 09:30

    Sounds like you're on the right track!!

  1052. #1052dooby2012-12-26 03:22

    Hello- This is my first time on this forum. I am a logger from N.W. Montana. i am looking for a line machine in the order of an eco logger,yoder, or excavatore conv. The set-up i need has to be off road mobile,1200'min. 5/8" skyline, 1000' 1/2 mainline capacity . and a silvey tree jack[single unit] any help would be great and thanks for a neat site. i will post a sim. post outside of this welcome spot. thanks again!:usa::drinkup:canada

  1053. #1053Upstate2012-12-27 19:53

    Hello, I enjoy heavy equipment of all makes, models and years.

  1054. #1054jbshocks2013-01-07 17:58

    just came looking for some help maintaining some hobby equipment

  1055. #1055tina772013-01-08 05:32

    Hello, my name is Tina and I'm from Austria. My family owns a small farm and we are into forestry machinery as well.

  1056. #1056AKSNOW2013-02-04 19:16

    Hello,new to the forum and not too computer savvy!I live in Valdez,Ak and have operated all types of empty and am NCCO certified.I am a member of local 302 and an owner / operator also.

  1057. #1057AKSNOW2013-02-04 19:18

    Sorry!All types of equipment...see I told you so!

  1058. #1058jms2013-03-20 21:52

    jms new member been following the forum for a while now. Long story short, this all started when my dad purchased 220 ac to go along with the 120ac we already had. This purchase has led us to weigh our options as to whether or not to purchase a used loader or contract it out. There is a lot of cedar, honey locust, cotton wood and a few oaks. A couple of fence lines and at least 3 crossings to build. It's been a loooong time since i ran a loader i was in my teens, so this would be like a new learning experiance, however i have two son in laws that are a lot younger than me and are excited that we are considering buying a track loader. We have narrowed it down to two types Cat 955L/K or International/Dresser 175. thanks for taking the time to read, this short story.

  1059. #1059slowhand472013-03-26 01:52

    slowhand47 Never worked Construction just beat or shoveled some sand, rock and dirt, non-professionally. A Micro excavator is in my future, then I'll retire any-all pick-maddox, shovels, post hole digger or tanker bar I have owned, borrowed, or otherwise aquired. When "IT" arrives - I have already named her my "Dirt Devil". I have rented machines to make a rock parking lot and toy shed, dug out tree roots-bushes, simple tasks. My plan is personal-family & friends work unless ... the offer is too good?? Ma & PA will get a wheel chair path around their house-trailer, with landscaping needing minimum weed-eating. Also a driveway to a carport w/wheel chair ramp. For me a bomb shelter; enlarge the toy shed. My thanks to the Admin. people who keep up and run forum sites like this; I will find many helpful bits of information by just reading. Sharing is the best part of Freedom is it not?

  1060. #1060slowhand472013-03-26 02:14

    Hey Tina ^ what you said - covered alot of territory between farming and forestry- a few heifers too? Just cutting up with you a bit cause I hear small farms in your parts are ...not diminutive; and a few trees to shade the heifers? Hope to hear more...may I ask if you use the micro "Dingo" excavators and how they perform- the different attachments if you can. toss one for me

  1061. #1061Seeking2013-04-28 12:31

    Seeking: Retired military, repaired a few tracked personnel carriers, break tracks, install new pads. Never done a clutch pack replacement on heavy equipment, but did it on a Subaru Legacy. I can do most auto repairs following instructions from a manual.. Looking for a manual now for a 1990 furukawa CD5B swamp track.

  1062. #1062old timer2013-04-28 17:05

    Hi, I am really enjoying this forum, informative and enjoyable. I'm a independent mechanic with over 40 years experience with a lot of different manufacturers. Looking forward to learning and maybe helping along the way, thanks.

  1063. #1063CM19952013-04-28 18:22

    Welcome to the Forums Seeking and Old Timer!:drinkup

  1064. #1064580BMatt2013-04-29 16:56

    My Name is Matt. I've got a old 580B CK with extendahoe. I've had it for 15+ years now and still love using it around the yard at home. I'm a nobody in the construction department. No big storey here, just love operating anything I can get my hands on.

  1065. #1065CM19952013-04-29 18:53

    Welcome to the Forums 580BMatt!:drinkup We take all shapes and sizes here with the one common bond of having yellow iron fever. Once it's in your blood, your doomed.:tong

  1066. #1066Stermerfarm2013-07-09 11:27

    New here , well I've been here for awhile. Full time farmer 30+ years ,dairy farmer for 25 years, part-time grain farmer (corn) for the last 7, bought my first tri-axle 13 years ago and I drive that part time also. We own IH tractors (old, well they don't seam old when you grew up on them) Bobcat skid steer's and new to me(used) this spring a 580K backhoe. We do most of are own repairs/PM's. I've always loved equipment / trucks. Great forum, like to come here to read and ask question's Paul

  1067. #1067Seeking2013-07-09 12:33

    Welcome. Doing your own Preventative maintenance I am sure you will have a lot to share..

  1068. #1068Chad@SitechTR2013-07-09 16:27

    New here. I worked for a contractor for almost 17 yrs. Recently left and started a new venture working for a Sitech dealer. Sitech is the authorized dealer for Trimble GPS and Spectra Precision Lasers. While working for the contractor, I ran several pieces of equipment including, D5G, D6R, tractor and pans, and 320-330 excavators. The D5G had an older Trimble GPS system on it (Sitevision), kinda how I ended up where I am now. I had some experience with GPS and am learning something new everyday now. I am the Technology Suppport newb at our new Sitech location in Memphis, Tn.

  1069. #1069Wyo-Bob2013-07-14 22:10

    Hi Steve and every one, what a great site this is I just found, love the pic's and stories, just what I have been looking for as no one to talk dirt work here anymore. Started out as a 1934 Nebraska farm kid, hauled first load of wheat to town at 14 with a 1929 model A truck, finally semi's, heavy haul truck, Cat D8 and 80, LF, LP,W can's, Tournapulls, D Pull, C Pull,High liners,Cat DW 15, DW 21's, DW 20,Cat 631's, 633, PP627, S-18's, MRS, RG Le. L140, TS-14's, and my favorite finish rig,, TS 24's. Also some dozer, D6,7,8 & 9, Euc TC 12, TD 24, FE Loader, back hoe, grader, crane, etc, only when I Had to. Just loved shaping and scraper finishing roadways behind the main spread. Started a under ground utilities business for 17 years, after the Ma Bell break up, we almost starved, so took a Golf Course Supers job for the next 16 1/2 years. Retired @ 74. Now restoring antique farm tractor and some tractor pulling, if I was younger I would love to find and restore a little Euclid S 7 into a TS 7. But now the body says we have been around the horn to many times. Have some old Cat and Euc pics and videos that may be of interest, as soon as I learn how to post them. Thanks for a great site, I've been rambling on for to long ,

  1070. #1070willie592013-07-15 00:13

    Welcome to HEF Wyo-Bob. From your experience, sounds like you've had blood on the saddle more than once. :drinkup

  1071. #1071Oxbow2013-07-15 00:38

    Welcome Wyo-Bob, you will definetly enjoy this site. Fine people on here, it is administrated and moderated very well, and the wealth of information and experience by the forum members is abundant. Enjoy!

  1072. #1072michaelescobar72013-07-16 01:16

    Hey Guys! My Name Is Michael I am Trying to Learn Everything I can about Caterpillar 320 and 330 for my new job. Basically in China they are selling 1997 Caterpillars and selling them as 2010. My job is to spot the fakes out there lol. I hope I can get the help I need and be able to give back to any one else that might need that type of help in the future. :drinkup Iv always had a interest for heavy equipment so its a job I am actually passionate about.

  1073. #1073Bruce George2013-07-24 08:20

    Thanks for the welcome. I'm a back yard mechanic and have recently purchased an 85 JCB 1400b hoping to get a few tips from forum members.

  1074. #1074Seeking2013-07-24 12:20

    Welcome Bruce George. :canada

  1075. #1075Bruce George2013-07-24 15:53

    Thank you

  1076. #1076coralgol2013-07-24 21:12

    Hi all, I'm from Polish. Repair Volvo trucks and some construction equipment. Programming and electronics is my passion. Regards

  1077. #1077drunkgman2013-08-06 03:18

    Hi everyone just found this great site and gotta say what a wealth of knowledge there is on here, im from christchurch NZ and operate a HiTachi KH100 Dragline

  1078. #1078Purple Wave2013-08-26 22:38

    My name is Aaron McKee and I am the founder of Purple Wave Auction. Our website purplewave.com is a no reserve auction site that sells all kinds of ag and construction equipment in the central United States. Iam constantly trying to learn more about the equipment so I can better help buyers and sellers. When I'm not working to get equipment on the auction or helping buyers find equipment, I am spending time with my 5 kids ages 12, 10, 8, 5, and 1. I am looking forward to meeting more equipment lovers on the site!

  1079. #1079monster762013-08-26 22:45

    hello welcome

  1080. #1080Seeking2013-08-27 07:15

    Welcome..:usa

  1081. #1081WOZOM-MARG2013-09-11 04:32

    WOZOM-MARG HI EVERYONE, My name is Marg and I'm a Global Sales & Service Executive in Wozom Industry & Trade Co.,Ltd. ( www.wozom.com ). I'm quite new in this business comparing to most of you. But I'd love to learn and share whatever we got in here. It's my honor to join this community. Good luck everyone~!

  1082. #1082supermotocross2013-10-14 22:25

    Hi all

  1083. #1083m.t.s2013-10-21 02:54

    Hey everyone! Found this comunity by serching around the internet. I joined hoping to get a better understanding or even get some advice from others in the heavy equipment profession. Alittle about myself, I servered in the military for almost 9 years as Heavy Equipment mech, and since then in the past 4 years as a contractor for the military doing the same thing and more.

  1084. #1084monster762013-10-21 09:14

    welcome

  1085. #1085alrman2013-10-21 15:38

    Welcome to HEF m.t.s! :drinkup Best of Luck to you!

  1086. #1086iraygl2013-10-22 20:45

    Hey everyone! What a nice forum I've found through the Internet! I'm Ray, currently working as the Sales Manager @ Ensign Heavy Industries Co.,Ltd( www.ensignhi.com ). As a graduate of International Trade Major, I've been working in this field for 5 yrs. Compared to most of you I'm still a greenhand. But I really expect to share with and learn from everyone here. Best Regards:drinkup

  1087. #1087his19112013-10-23 20:39

    Hi everyone, I'm Nathan, Been working as a field t 14 years, between the army , a CAT dealer, and a sewer water line company.

  1088. #1088ps66x42013-11-11 07:55

    I always like to fix things. I have a Cat 215 and my brother has a Case 680ck. Both older machines that need a wrench once and a while.

  1089. #1089kwh2013-11-29 13:54

    Found this forum by google search and love the professionalism in all that I have seen so far!! Thxs

  1090. #1090ps66x42013-11-29 16:46

    Welcome Like you, I'm new around here. I found lots of interesting reading and members who are happy to help out when I had questions.

  1091. #1091dozerman4002013-11-29 17:16

    Welcome kwh, I enjoy this forum also.

  1092. #1092stock2013-11-29 20:23

    Welcome there to y'all. Everyone gets a chance to help out at some time or other............

  1093. #1093mitch5042013-11-29 20:35

    PS66x4, do you have a straight 215, or does it have a letter after it? I have a 215C LC.

  1094. #1094brucew2013-12-11 16:38

    Just say hello from qld. australia.Just a little bit about myself have recently reached retirement age but don't intend to give up working just do more of the things I enjoy doing rather then having to do things that I may or may not enjoy.Been around machinery all my life mainly in a rural aspect but my passion is dozers currently own Cat d4d which I have owned for many years but have driven many different dozers over the years for various owners.

  1095. #1095ps66x42013-12-13 09:43

    I have a straight 215.

  1096. #1096Redneck10132014-01-13 00:41

    I am a Shop foreman at aDodge dealer and have a clutch out in the shop forklift. but I have been working in the diesel field for 13 years. just not on these little forklifts.

  1097. #1097BFaith2014-02-28 20:04

    New to the site, looking for a little help with changing future plans... Hopping coming here would offer some insight. Work: Shipyard in Indiana Time in shipyard: 18 years Time in Crane & Rigging Department: 9 years Types of cranes with 3+ years in: Tower Crane, 5030 Lattice boom rail crane, B&H 4 block over head crane, Portal whirley cranes, Link Belt Hydraulic boom cranes, Lattice boom mobile (Friction /air) and so on.. I say 3+ years because I dont run the same crane every day but the longest I have ran one type of crane on a day by day was a 60ton Portal whirley with a 160 foot boom for 9 years. For the last 2.6 years I have been running our department running up to 3 diffrent types of cranes a night. The shipyard has had me train others to operate all types on a monthly basess. The only certs I own are in house ITI training certs, means nothing out side of the shipyard. I started working in this shipyard at the age of 21, became a press operator and then moved into the over head cranes a year later. I am now 40 years old, still no out side certs to call my own. I live and breath metal, no out side lift, work 60 - 80 hours a week, on call for most of the hours. Looking for ways to get out side certs so I can find a "Real" job.

  1098. #1098BFaith2014-02-28 20:06

    Correction, Time in Department has been 14 years not 9.. I was in a hurry typing this.. (At work now)

  1099. #1099Isparkle2014-06-29 20:37

    Okay, I thought I already did this but I do not see a post so let me try again. Hi, I am Isparkle and I am from Southern California. I joined this site for information about the local 12 and more knowledge about all heavy equipment in general.

  1100. #1100Steve Frazier2014-06-29 22:11

    Welcome aboard!! Both your posts are indeed listed.

  1101. #1101Maasland2014-06-30 06:52

    OTR tyres Hi, I'm a new one here. I work at a tyre company located in Belgium which supplies, mounts and repairs all kinds of earthmoving tyres and I have quite a lot of pictures of machine

  1102. #1102Maasland2014-06-30 06:57

    OTR tyres Hi, I'm a new one here. I work at a tyre company Maasland Banden located in Belgium which supplies, mounts and repairs all kinds of earthmoving tyres and I have quite a lot of pictures of machines we've been mounting the tyres on. I would be glad to share them over here. www.maaslandbanden.com

  1103. #1103Killbox Alpha2014-07-06 19:29

    hello folks- Guess I broke protocol by not introducing myself first. I guess I can say I've been in the business all my life, starting out at the Deere CE dealer in DFW for nearly a decade and moving over to be OEM factory rep which allowed me to go and see things that feed me inner need to dig in the dirt. After several years I was presents with an opportunity that lead me to another factory rep job still in construction but not on the dirt side of the business. I love all aspects of the business; sales, support, parts everything. I'm here to listen and learn but help instruct and guide where and when appropriate.

  1104. #1104hosemaker2014-07-10 10:11

    Hosemaker Hi, I'm Guy from the UK, I work in for a hydraulics company making hoses amongst other stuff, hence the name... I have joined to see if we can help you guys who own old Poclain diggers etc, as we have NOS Poclain hose ends in stock... We can sell just the ends or we could make up hoses to description/sample and ship worldwide... I hope that this is an acceptable first post? Cheers Guy

  1105. #1105willie592014-07-10 20:42

    Welcome to HEF hosemaker. :drinkup Yes, that's an acceptable post. We allow members to make one introductory post describing the products or services they offer.

  1106. #1106hosemaker2014-07-11 11:02

    Thanks Willie, looks like I missed a trick then, could have said a lot more...!!!

  1107. #1107Deer Archer2014-07-15 20:15

    I found the site because I am trying to convert the auxiliary hydraulics on a Case cx130 to bi-directional. Installed a hydraulic thumb to find out the auxiliary pump was single acting. Looking for guidance on what I need to change and where to purchase it. Hobbies are archery hunting and waterfowl hunting. Daughter turned twelve this year and has been a hunting and trapping machine. Thanks in advance to all!

  1108. #1108clintm2014-07-15 20:39

    HKX and hydraulic circuit technology are after market hyd kits goggle them they can probley help

  1109. #1109Deer Archer2014-07-15 22:27

    Thank you for the super quick reply. I compared the schematics of a single direction pump and bidirectional pump. With a couple fitting changes, a new pump and electric switch it might be doable.

  1110. #1110machinespart2014-07-26 23:01

    machinespart Hi, all. I‘m from China. I work in Roto parts since my graduate in 2011. We're a big family with about 150 staffs here. We specialize in Undercarriage Parts and Excavator Buckets. We are here to help those who deals in these business or the truck owners. You don't need to pay a lot in your local place. We guarantee you would get the same quality but lower price. Thanks.

  1111. #1111ruanyp2014-09-04 15:29

    Hi, My name is ruanyp, I work in a bucket manufacturer in China for the past 5 years. Hopefully can get some good info here.

  1112. #1112Former Wrench2014-09-04 16:20

    Hi: In the past I started as an engine builder at a Detroit Diesel Shop. That led to heavy trucks and equipment. I was a field mechanic and welder for the Alaska Pipeline and in SE AK logging camps. Then on to repairing fishing and tug boats. Because of physical issue I have been demoted to an office. For the past 5 years I have been writing environmental permits for the Alaska DOY&PF for road construction projects. I enjoy the site and check in on a daily basis.

  1113. #1113Former Wrench2014-09-04 19:15

    TYPO-Should be DOT&PF

  1114. #1114RoadMan17752014-09-09 22:25

    Hello my name is roadman1775 Work on a road crew. Stumbled on the site and find it very interesting.

  1115. #1115TerryH2014-10-14 09:56

    Hi, my name's Terry from England (North Yorkshire to be precise!) and I work as a warehouse co-manager. We use forklift trucks so I'm glad to have found this site!

  1116. #1116CM19952014-10-14 20:41

    Welcome TerryH!

  1117. #1117PaulfromFL2014-10-28 00:05

    PaulfromFL I have ran heavy equipment since I was around 15 when my uncle taught me how to run a Bucyrus erie 22B. That was along time ago. I don't operate as much as I used to, the local economy hit us hard in the early 2000 and Ive been working a job since then. Still have the equipment and hoping to learn more from this site about some mechanical problems we are having.

  1118. #1118LLLearner2014-11-17 12:22

    Hi there, I have been in the marine industry 30 years and decided to step a shore instead. I did some research on good paying/high demand jobs and decided to become a HD Mech. I took a 9 month foundations course a couple of years back and landed a job with a marine diesel repair shop. The shop liked my work ethics and signed me up as an apprentice. I have a long ways to go, but I like working on the diesel equipment. There is a lot of similarities between marine applications and heavy equipment like hydraulics, diesel engines, air systems, and electrical systems. The pay is good and will only get better as my skills/education improve.

  1119. #1119salman4970052015-02-04 12:03

    Hi, i'm Salman, Senior Plant Operator with experience of 18 years. Beside experience of operating other process equipment, I have experience of operating CPD20 type forklifts (200kg capacity) 48V, D-620A battery powered. We also have 10kN hydraulic compressing unit and a remote controlled bridge crane with span of nearly 35m and nearly 50m bridge rail. We recently have got a 10,000kg capacity diesel driven Mitsubishi , Japan, forklift.

  1120. #1120TropicDigger2015-02-14 17:20

    Found this forum thanks to my business partner that in turn found it when searching for information regarding fuel consumption for certain types of excavators. I have close to zero experience when it comes to heavy machinery and I have only begun to take interest after my partners and I decided to build and run a small gold mine in the equatorial regions. Lots of different machinery is needed for that, and although everything has now been neatly put together, I am convinced there will come lots of times when good advice from this community can come in handy. Looking forward to learn more by lurking and asking questions.

  1121. #1121JamesAnderson2015-03-04 04:59

    Hell, i'm James. I've found you in google. Im working with agriculture & construction software as electronic parts catalogues & diagnositc equipment. Hope to find some additional answers here.

  1122. #1122Cotton752015-03-10 19:01

    Cotton75 Hello to everyone. I ranch with my family on a cow/calf operation in eastern colorado. Have mostly rode a horse more than equipment but have always really enjoyed running and working on equipment. Trouble is I am self taught and all are equipment is old and worn out. Found this site by accident and have thoroughly enjoyed it. You all have a wealth of knowledge and I hope I can pick up a bit. Really enjoy reading the threads and it even has one with agriculture. Thanks again to everyone for sharing what you know.

  1123. #1123johncoady2015-06-19 04:31

    newbie hello everyone i a new to this forum.I hope i will find best advices from others and i will share my best knowledge over here. Thank

  1124. #1124Chris832015-06-21 12:23

    I have worked on the truck side for 15 years in and around centreal PA.

  1125. #1125JBP2015-08-23 07:00

    Hello all. I ended up here by virtue of buying a 74 580CK from a person who is really in the construction business. I'm a mechanical engineer, ended up living on the Wife's family farm after 30-some years, and needed something to remove 50-some stumps and do other misc backhoe type work. Ever since handing my Dad tools and Natty-Boh's since I was under ten, when he worked on the old David Bradley tiller, I've found a bit of fun working on old stuff ever since. Here I resist the urge to give half-baked suggestions to problems/questions people are asking. Thanks again Steve. Great forum.

  1126. #1126Ianlr2015-09-29 21:09

    Hi I am a farmer on the western side of the Darling Downs in the south east of the State of Queensland, Australia. We run a cattle breeding herd of about 100 cows plus or minus depending on droughts etc. We have 2500 acres of which about 2/3 is cleared for previous cropping. We can no longer clear remnant Forrest but have a continual challenge managing regrowth, particularly cypress pine. I have 2 1/2 DDH Oliver Cletracs now beyond practical use. I have just bout a Cat D5B special applications 98J2106 about 1977 vintage. I joined this forum to learn all things relevant to this Cat. Thank-you for allowing me to join. Ian

  1127. #1127CM19952015-09-30 08:20

    Welcome to the Forums Ianir!:drinkup

  1128. #1128Rajbir Lorriet2015-09-30 22:43

    Welcome to all newbie here. Enjoy the forum. LOL!

  1129. #1129Dimonsof2015-12-19 03:29

    Dima Hi all. My name is Dima. I'm actually from Russia, but right now work in West Africa. I'm in heavy equipment maintenance since 2007 - worked in Russian mine for 4 years, than 2 years in Komatsu dealership, than 2 years in Namiba (building the mine), now in Mali on new project. Here we mostly have CAT fleet (the same was in Namibia), except for support equipment (like JLG manlifts, Grove cranes, etc.) Read your forum for a few days and decided I need to join - thanks! I hope I can get more knowledge here regarding equipment and I'm always ready to assist if anybody needs advise from me. Thanks in advance! Dima

  1130. #1130kshansen2015-12-19 08:48

    Welcome, Dima! What's the "new" project? Another mine?

  1131. #1131Dimonsof2015-12-19 11:42

    Yes, another gold mine, started earthworks (from the scratch) in February this year.

  1132. #1132[email protected]2015-12-29 10:03

    Just got an account I have gotten a 320 GW s/n 6106032. What year is it based on the s/n ?? There are notes from 1959 in the manuals I got with the machine the engine was froze up due to H2O in the #1 hole. Got alll the pistons out has a cracked liner so I need the cylinder kit for it. also the pump coupler and front seal is shot. Does anyone have experience removing and installing the wet liners on the 148ci engine? This is my first case backhoe.

  1133. #1133DKELONE2016-05-08 17:33

    David here, 70yo, retired airline captain, have been using heavy equipment in support of hunting ground for the past 35 years. Machinery included D6B LGP, 880B LGP, 931, BE20H, D3B LGP, 277 & 277C. Never worked w/heavy equip professionally, just to support my hobby. I've been reading the 277 posts to get some education and will be posting as the need arises. Thanks

  1134. #1134jflarin2016-05-15 21:36

    jflarin Hi, As suggested, here is an introduction. I am a gentlemen farmer living in province of Québec, Canada. I have a old Massey Fergusson (1992-ish) backhoe 50 HX that does not like the cold weather. Sadly, I need it mostly in the winter... But that will be the subject of another post. jf

  1135. #1135MrMajestical2016-05-24 00:09

    Hi, I am Anthony. As if now I am a heavy equipment mechanic. D9G, couple 320L's, D8N, 245B, 12G grader, 966G, 980, 950, Fumakara drill, Komatsu 500 loader, 400 excavator, 380 excavator, also a couple semis with end dumps, couple service trucks, water truck, dump truck, Extec jaw crusher and screen, just about everything I keep going on the daily by myself. Also was a semi mechanic, and automotive. Use a 1987 F700 w/ the Brazilian 6.6 and a 5 speed. Got a one of a kind (as far as I seen, not another like it)service bed with a 3/4 ton crane. In the process of getting a 1993 F486 w/ a 7.3/auto.

  1136. #1136elbarcas2016-05-24 03:56

    Finally, I found a good forum about heavi equipment. My name is Jorge, from Colombia, working for a mining company. Supervisor of Komatsu and Hitachi shovels

  1137. #1137FireUps2016-07-20 11:36

    FireUps I have recently launched a paving company in Phoenix and was looking around for information and resources for paving and paving marketing services. I was very pleased when I found this forum as it has a lot of information and experiences that I can pull some info from that will help me to position my partner. I look forward to following some of these monster threads and hopefully i may be able to provide some insight as well. Thank you

  1138. #1138BlazinSS9342016-07-20 13:40

    FireUps this is a great place to learn about milling and paving equipment. However you should get a subscription to PavingPro and AsphaltPro. Both free magazines with tons of infro Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  1139. #1139FireUps2016-07-20 14:05

    Thx Blazin - I will check it out!

  1140. #1140Michaelh_20062016-07-31 21:17

    Hello Name is Mike. Work as a technician for a rental company mostly on skidsteers and up to JD 135 excavators and couple larger ones. Have 10+ yrs as a mechanic/recovery op in military. Don't claim to know all. Learn something new everyday whether experience, knowledge, or talking to others

  1141. #1141CM19952016-08-01 07:41

    Welcome to the Forums Mike!:drinkup

  1142. #1142Brodiesel2016-08-21 22:01

    Found HEF awhile back, I've never really had the time to post and I usually steer clear of forums in general. BUT, seems like plenty of good info on here and a lot of solid people. I run a business with my wife out of Lodi, CA, we rebuild and repair diesel engines, in our shop and on site. Looking forward to learning more from everyone, thanks.

  1143. #1143thrashingcows2016-11-12 19:55

    Just started a new thread saying Hello...but came across this one as well. I'm a commercial trucker, and just moved onto some acreage and bought an older Case 1845C to use on projects and for snow clearing. Had a little machine experience many years ago during my landscaping and pipe laying days....but not much. I"m into old Mopars, restored a few, and have been really into 1st Gen cummins trucks the last 5-6 years. I do all my own work, as much as I am able with out a fully stock shop....so not afraid to get in and tear things apart and fix what's needed. Hope to use this site as a valuable resource for keeping my old machine in good working condition.

  1144. #1144Queenslander2016-11-13 05:11

    Welcome to HEF thrashingcows. Iam certain that you will find plenty of expert advice here to help keep your skid steer in good order. Gotta ask though, as Iam a cattleman as much as a heavy equipment operator, how did you come up with your username? Cheers, Greg

  1145. #1145daddy2kids2017-02-21 05:50

    Hello, new user here.

  1146. #1146Foothills882017-04-08 20:45

    Hello, My name is Brandon I just found HEF a few day ago and decided to join. I'm 28 I've grown up on a farm in the foothills of NC running all kinds of equipment since I could reach the gas and breaks. I do work on the side with my new but used Kubota L3800 tlb and just got my first dump truck which is an old 1985 international s1600 crew cab with the old 6.9 I'm looking to graduate from the tlb to a mini excavator in the 3.5 - 4 ton class soon as I get this tlb payed off. I look forward to learning more from everyone on this site. Thanks y'all

  1147. #1147stock2017-04-09 09:20

    Welcome there lad now as soon as you can post some pix of your gear for us to salivate at...................

  1148. #1148Foothills882017-04-09 10:03

    Here y'all go this is my setup right now. It's killing me not to have a mini

  1149. #1149missjeriblue2017-06-15 20:20

    My name is Jeri. I am completely green to this field. I recently became an accepted applicant into the Local 12 Operating Engineers Training Trust. Just trying to soak up all I can.

  1150. #1150quicknclean2017-07-27 10:45

    Hello there! My name is Paul and I am the Owner-Operator of Quick N' Clean Services in Mayer, Minnesota. We were established in 2006 and started out doing landscaping and tree care. Over the years, we have been known to rent out our equipment to DIY'ers and have even started getting into sales. For our jobs and rentals, we use have used everything from trucks, trailers, skid loaders, backhoes, compactors, attachments, and more. I love machines, I love talking about my machines, so please don't be afraid to message me! Paul Owner-Operator Quick N' Clean Services Mayer, MN

  1151. #1151MoonlightBeast2017-08-02 02:33

    Um, hi My name is Adam. New one on the forum, hoping I'm gonna have a great time here

  1152. #1152Optic Armor2017-08-17 10:41

    Hello We are a manufacture of severe duty windows for heavy equipment and have been manufacturing for 20 years. Into anything mechanical...... Aaron

  1153. #1153DavePat2017-08-20 19:47

    Hey there! Im, Dave. Were do I start? Equipment I own... CAT 92' D4H2, Lil'Bubba curb machine.... an old 78' international dump truck that runs (not running) on propane... I'm a former CA Army NG Huey UH-1H crewchief / C-23 Sherpa flight engineer.... OIF / OEF VET (2003-2004)... Bought the Dozer in '04 as a tax write off... I've been a GC now for like 13 years. I live on 40ac of rocky / clay / boulderish stuff..... I hate working on equipment, so thank you for all of your support and help. I will try to help where I can. When I can. Edit : Im in Central California, I love to fish, hike, camp... other websites I lurk on are free republic, Iboats, and prepperfourms. Im not excellent at any of those things. I was an excellent Huey mechanic though.

  1154. #1154Reese19682017-12-03 12:24

    Hello I am Randy. I used to be a General Contractor, my back went south and I went north. Now I do powder coating and sandblasting. I dont do much of anything besides work. Trying to change that! Glad to see folks like this coming together to help others!

  1155. #1155Mike_122018-07-05 16:03

    Hello guys, my name is mike i am new to this site, i hope to learn alot here.

  1156. #1156ps66x42018-07-05 22:03

    Welcome to HEF. I know you will find it interesting here.

  1157. #1157danielkevin2019-05-09 08:02

    Hello Evey One Here - I am new this forums Please Don't Banned My Account this account create 5 times what about forums rule..? correct rules follow my profile created this forums..you are the options are this forums register thats all. Again Banned the forums tell me correct reason...? I am not any post forum post categories, just member intro this forums.

  1158. #1158danielkevin2019-05-09 08:04

    you link the post URL .....but why my profile banned every time ? tell me the reason heav equipments admin......?

  1159. #1159digger242j2019-05-09 14:49

    Item posted elsewhere moved to this thread, just for the sake of having it all in one place. Danielkevin--You created an account 5 Times?? I can only recall two that I've banned recently that might be you, but I'll take your word for it. To start with, this forum is intended for the use of professionals in such industries as construction, agriculture, and forestry, etc. Heat exchangers and cooling towers are not really on topic. Think "bulldozers", "excavators", and "dump trucks" and that's what we're here to talk about. More to the point, here are a couple of paragraphs from our Forum Rules: Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring HeavyEquipmentForums A vendor of goods or services may create one introductory post or thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page. Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice. The one in red is especially pertinent. None of the content posted by you, or any other account you may have created, meets the standard of a "worthwhile contribution" to the content of these forums. Certainly, it may serve some purpose of yours , but to the rest of us here, it's spam, pure and simple. Go away.

  1160. #1160edgephoto2019-08-13 21:48

    Hi all, just bought myself a Cat 426 backhoe to use on my new property. Look forward to participating here.

  1161. #1161Bentsteel2019-12-20 12:16

    Thanks for the invite : mechanic, composite mold builder 20 years and now currently employed with the union Boilermakers 502 certified high pressure tube welding / rigger 10 year's. I recently bought a 2006 D35 excavator to maintain my 5 acre's and a 1/2 mile of dirt road: John Deere dealer here in Washington state sent me all the Pdf. owner and repair manuals i will be sharing this information also

  1162. #1162DD Cincy2019-12-26 08:04

    I have right around 15 years as a heavy equipment operator. Gained most of my experience while serving as a 12N in the Army. Was an Instructor for 3 years as well. Now I work as a supervisor for a team of Operators. I feel like I am going to be visiting this forum a lot!

  1163. #1163mg23612019-12-27 05:08

    Welcome to HEF DD !

  1164. #1164ThreeCW2019-12-28 23:55

    ThreeCW I am a semi-retired and live on a hobby farm in the Rocky Mountain foothills near Calgary, Alberta. We have owned a New Holland LS160 skid steer since 2003 that we use mainly for handling round bales, plowing snow from our ½ mile gravel driveway and occasionally even moving a little bit of dirt. We have recently upgraded to a 2006 Cat 242B skid steer which has a little more lift capacity to handle 1500 lb round bales (with 2000 lb rated lift) and a heated cab which I really enjoy when plowing snow. It has taken me a few hours to get used to hand controls (ISO) after using foot controls for 16 years, but I am getting the hang of it now with 10 hrs under my belt. Now to train my wife on hand controls before selling the New Holland. She is also a regular operator of the skid steer on our farm. The 242B was a bit of a project but we bought it right … only 1800 hrs on it but it was poorly maintained. I’ve probably removed over 5 gallons of dirt from the belly pans, done some catch up routine maintenance, replaced the windshield, re-wheeled it to get enough offset for tire chains and am currently working on repairing a leaking pilot valve (just ordered the O ring kit after disassembling it). I have already benefited from the HEF on my pilot valve repair … thanks to willie59 for his thread on “Repairing a leaking joystick control valve”. Hobbies include horses, horse camping, automobile / equipment repair and occasionally fly fishing. I hope to be able to contribute to the HEF where I can. Regards, ThreeCW

  1165. #1165mg23612019-12-29 05:07

    Welcome to HEF CW !

  1166. #1166zeek892020-01-18 19:08

    Hi everyone. I'm a real estate developer and builder in Ontario Canada. I've got 1000 questions floating around in my head with regards to heavy equipment and earthworks. I'm looking forward to learning lots from everyone and getting to meet many of you! Cheers

  1167. #1167mg23612020-01-19 05:14

    Welcome to HEF zeek89 ! Fire away with those questions. I'm sure we could do a fine job of misleading you...... LOL

  1168. #1168Bulldogcox2020-02-24 02:31

    Hi all, I am Mihail, I am from Romania, I have a Cateprillar TH63 2003 and a Volvo EC 210 LC 2001

  1169. #1169mg23612020-02-24 04:20

    Welcome to HEF Bulldog !

  1170. #1170funwithfuel2020-02-24 06:20

    Welcome

  1171. #1171Bajtec2020-09-03 14:40

    Hi All I'm Bart from southern Poland - Somewhat happy owner of Case 580b/CK/unknown hybrid

  1172. #1172Dannyboy632020-10-23 10:35

    H.E.V. (Heavy equipment Virgin) here, so please, be gentle... Had a D6 and an old Cat excavator when I was growing up on the farm 40yrs ago. But recently bought a gray market Komatsu PC-150-3W and an old case 450 track loader with hoe (love that ole girl). Gonna build a house, do my own septic, footers, driveway and road. Looking forward to picking some brains on here!!!

  1173. #1173amunderdog2020-10-23 11:40

    Welcome.

  1174. #1174aerodriver2021-01-09 14:42

    Building a new house in Northern California. Looking at doing some earth moving myself because I have always had a huge interest in heavy equipment since I was a kid.

  1175. #1175JS Myers2021-02-03 08:59

    Hey y'all! Not an equipment owner, but I do have an interest in in the heavy equipment field. About 6 months ago I started working for an attachment manufacturer and came here looking to educate myself as much as possible. I did spend 8 years in a factory putting together track frames, wrapping tracks, mounting main frames to track frames and building booms for the "Big Yellow & Big Orange" (I'm sure y'all can figure that one out). Y'all have a good forum here, and I'm glad y'all let me be a part of it. Hopefully I can contribute to the community.

  1176. #1176Spyros332021-04-11 06:33

    Hi everybody, i have been a member of HEF for a few months now but i havent properly introduced my self. My name is spyros and i am from Greece. I Own a kubota kx41 mini excavator, an O&K MH6E wheeled excavator and recently i bought a cat 955L track loader which i am currently working on getting it ready for work. I am a Mechanical Engineer and i have worked for 10 years in big construction company Where we used to rebuild all kinds of heavy machinery. This site has allreadu been very helpfull and i hope i can contribute to it.

  1177. #1177CM19952021-04-11 11:17

    Glad to have all of ya'll!

  1178. #1178Old Cats 712021-09-03 22:43

    Hi , all new here , have a lot of Older Cats that need some attention D2 D4 D5B Straight Shift, D6C Power Shift, D7E’s Straight Shift Cable to Power Shift , D8H’s Straight Shift to Power Shift..Looking Forward to Learning about these units…

  1179. #1179funwithfuel2021-09-03 23:27

    Wow, welcome

  1180. #1180CM19952021-09-04 00:03

    Welcome to the Forums OC71!

  1181. #1181Adrian J. Hernandez2021-11-02 22:12

    AJHern Hello all. Wanted to send a quick intro. My name is AJ and I'm based on Los Angeles. I'm a newer commercial building and general engineering contractor. Background in mechanical engineering. I love construction, machinery and equipment. We currently own a few utility trucks, a Pete 579, end dump trailer, bobcat t650, compactor, international terrastar and some other equipment. We perform various types of work that falls on our lap. We really enjoy the heavier projects early in the phases like site work, underground utilities, concrete and framing. We also do asphalt. All of this has been in the last 3 years so still relatively new to alot of things. Learning as much as I can. Hoping to gain some wisdom here from the more experienced folk. Appreciate the patience ahead of time.

  1182. #1182Former Wrench2021-11-02 22:57

    This is a great place to be. You will have no regrets. Welcome!

  1183. #1183CM19952021-11-03 19:16

    Welcome to the Forums AJH!

  1184. #1184tbsalvagefab2022-06-16 21:06

    Evening, Name is Tim, I'm a manufacturing technician by night, mechanic by day. Been getting dirty "fixing" stuff past 10 ys I buy junk in my off time and fix/part out what I can. Keep what I can use. Mostly fabricobble with welding/machining/electrical out of my small shop, run a few diesel trucks, a few forklifts, and a bobcat. Hope I can do some learning here rather than just lurking Wanted to say thanks as well for all the information and knowledge here

  1185. #1185mg23612022-06-17 05:12

    Welcome to HEF tbsalvagefab !

  1186. #1186DaltonB2022-07-19 16:16

    DaltonB Ontario, Canada Hi all… I’ve grown up around heavy equipment, I guess probably started in the operator’s seat at around 8 with my dad. I very quickly broke enough stuff he told me to figure out how to fix it myself, so I did ;-).. then had a few other jobs on a couple local farms and honed my skills a little more during my early teen years(running Case, New Holland, John Deere, Ford, etc..) , then spent a few years as an arborist(running bucket trucks, wood chippers bobcats,etc ) now I’m 20 and back operating for my dad full time( mainly cat equipment, D3, track loaders, excavators, mini ex, etc..) and still learning all I can.. I’m very excited to be a part of this group and learn as much as I can and hopefully share what I’ve learned in my journeys ! thanks all! Cheers

  1187. #1187CM19952022-07-19 19:55

    Welcome to the Forums DB! Glad to have you.

  1188. #1188Ethanm702022-07-24 15:49

    Ethan myrda Nashville, Tennessee Hi everybody, I’m from the outside trying to get into the heavy equipment world. A little background about myself I’m 19 and work at a international truck dealership as a tech. I’ve been there for almost 2 years. I’m trying to network in this industry so I can be a helper for a independent mobile tech in the middle Tennessee area while I also work at the truck dealer. I’m not afraid to get dirty or work 80+ hours between both jobs. I just wanna be able to fix anything heavy duty and have all the knowledge my head can take.

  1189. #1189CM19952022-07-24 18:45

    Welcome to the Forums E70! Glad to have you! A young person having an interest in the HE world is a breath of fresh air. We have many experienced mechanics of all types here on the board that can provide some great career advice. I'm just a part time administrator here on HEF and a 1/2 assed contractor so I don't have much to offer career wise. Nashville is Booming - Good luck!

  1190. #1190DCT2022-11-13 02:08

    DCT Springfield, Oregon Spent most my life logging except for a 14yr break to run 988 feeding a portable rock crusher as well as doing a large amount of the maintenance and now for the last year have owned my own logging company.

  1191. #1191mg23612022-11-13 05:39

    Welcome to HEF DCT !

  1192. #1192Boreal2022-12-12 19:04

    Boreal Finland, MN I run a '12 CAT 252B3 mostly with a Erskin blower and 10' plow for snow clearing. We get about 150" in a season. In the warmer months, I'm running a rake grapple, brush mower, and gravel bucket for maintaining 2 miles of road and land clearing. I love running my CAT and look to maybe add an 8 tonish track excavator someday.

  1193. #1193mg23612022-12-13 05:42

    Welcome to HEF Boreal !

  1194. #1194Zivisic2022-12-15 18:43

    Hi everyone I am Zvonimir from Croatia. Mostly i am crushing stones with tractor crusher and doing small construcioning jobs with excavators. From machines i have NH TVT 195 FAE STCH and UMH MAN 18.264 Kobelco SK130UR Takeuchi TB175 Poclain 60B I am here to give and request help with mashines. Thx

  1195. #1195Tinkerer2022-12-15 19:25

    Welcome to HEF, Zivisic !

  1196. #1196Aldan2023-03-27 13:07

    Do you still have the D58 Komatsu. Just wondering about the history of it bc I have one now.

  1197. #1197Austin02!2023-07-18 09:35

    Is there anyway you could give me a call. My cell is 617.543.0942 I have a halla 360 and can’t find a part number for cross reference for my inner and outer air filter, fuel filter and all hydrlic filters.

  1198. #1198kalawit@232023-12-04 17:28

    i am auto electrician.i want to learn more pleaasssse

  1199. #1199CM19952023-12-04 18:45

    Welcome to the Forums K23!

  1200. #1200Swannyau2024-11-30 22:56

    Hi Steve, congratulations on a great forum. I’m Andrew Swan (Swannyau) from western qld Australia. I’m a farmers boy, did an apprenticeship as a heavy diesel mechanic in the 90’s and have worked in a variety of work since then. I own a small cattle farm and do some local earthmoving work with Volvo loaders, have experience on most other machines and trucks. It’s good to have a forum to ask and or learn from

  1201. #1201Ollax2025-01-20 23:13

    Hello buddies, I’m an old time lover reading from the outside. I decided to join so I can meet new buddies out there and also learn from expert in here. Thanks

  1202. #1202CM19952025-01-21 10:33

    Welcome to the Forums O! Glad to have you.

  1203. #1203funwithfuel2025-01-21 15:11

    Welcome. Always room for friendly folks.

  1204. #1204Ollax2025-01-21 21:36

    Thanks buddy

  1205. #1205Ollax2025-01-21 21:37

    I appreciate the kind gesture

  1206. #1206Kevdog2025-01-21 22:09

    Hi! I was in the construction industry for 40+ years. Spent the vast majority of it sitting on front end loader back hoes and bobcat skid steers and the last 10 on track hoes. Maintained most of it myself For the last 25 years. I retired and bought a farm in Missouri…. We grow mostly rocks…. I have 2- bobcat T 300’s ,1- cat D3, 1- Bowmag BW 120 AD-3 , 1- Kubota 7060 tractor and an old driveway grader of unknown origin with a 10’ blade. 1999- ford F800 dump truck that I just couldn’t leave behind. I found the site while trying to diagnose my Bowmag no vibration issue and just had to join! One thing I noticed right off in that forum is no one seems to finish their post with the resolution of their problem. Looking forward to the brilliant minds here!

  1207. #1207CM19952025-01-22 12:00

    Welcome to the Forums Kd! Glad to have you.

  1208. #1208funwithfuel2025-01-22 17:36

    Welcome bud. A lot of new folks come, pick brains and don't follow up. That's a bummer. But lots of collective knowledge here

  1209. #1209Andrea_farm2025-02-13 13:50

    hi all, after several hours spent on the internet searching for ops manual i found nothing, so joined the forum to ask. We have a small farm, and need a small helper. we are considering to buy used bobcat 315 with kubota engine. but since we have no experience with such machines (yes, farm with pitch forks, shovels and own muscles) we wanted to download an operation manual, service manual, whatever we can find. surprisingly, we found nothing downloadable, so came to ask for hint / help - please, does anyone have it, and can share? thanks!

  1210. #1210M92PV4U2025-04-20 17:39

    Hi HEF. I'm having some trouble with a Continental TD427 engine in a John Hollingsworth generator from around the late 50s, from the build date on the starter.

  1211. #1211CM19952025-04-20 18:04

    Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you.

  1212. #1212Hickock562025-04-20 22:58

    Hello, new to the forums. Not a full time operator but any means but I've been around equipment on the farm and job sites for the last 25 yrs (tractors, skid loaders, telehandlers, cranes, etc.) Finally looking into purchasing some equipment of my own and could use a little wisdom. Glad to be here

  1213. #1213mg23612025-04-21 05:08

    Welcome to HEF Hickock56 !

  1214. #1214funwithfuel2025-04-21 07:18

    Welcome Welcome, come on in, the water's fine.

  1215. #1215p1gl3t2026-03-30 11:59

    Hello guys! I'm Mircea from Bucharest, Romania. I mostly do truck ecu repairs, but sometimes I also tackle heavy machinery stuff.

  1216. #1216CM19952026-03-30 13:30

    Welcome!

  1217. #1217nokia682026-05-17 15:14

    ciao everyone. my name is Max from Italy. I have with other 4 friends a CAT D7 of 1953. we use for maintainer our Motocross track. sometime we have to do service, maintenance and repair issue.. I hope this forum will help me. thanks to all .

  1218. #1218Oxbow2026-05-17 15:32

    Welcome!

  1219. #1219YT13002026-08-19 21:26

    Hello from Canada. Had been browsing this forum a little bit on and off for some several years .. and a few times getting annoyed by having only the small thumbnails to look at etc, not sure why I've been very slow to finally bother signing up but uhhhh I'm here now? heh Don't mind me taking a bit of friendly humour and naming myself after the fictional big object that made a certain fictional someone say "What a piece of junk!" at seeing it. Will admit I am curious about some mechanical and vehicle things suitable to this forum too, so hmm yeah I'm going post whatever I feel like soon enough!

  1220. #1220funwithfuel2026-08-20 17:56

    Welcome in bud. Always something going on 'round here.