I'm getting tired of rubber tracks falling apart. I just bought some of Bridgestone's "Extreme Duty Vortech Tracks" and after 200 hours, one of them stretches so badly I can't keep it on. Complete junk for an $1800 track. I've got a 299D3 XE Land Management CTL on it's way. I wish I would have ordered it with steel but for residential, that's going to be hard to work with. The perfect streets and perfect lawns in the 5 car garage minimum neighborhoods don't like steel on them... Thinking about retrofitting a 299D2 XHP with these and seeing how they work. Thanks!
You might potentially have got more replies if you'd posted the question in the CTL section.........
I'm sorry. I'm not very forum savvy. I'm too busy operating equipment and running two companies. I see that I've been here 9 years and you have been here 10. I also see that I have 69 posts and you have 18,812.... Hmmm. That's telling.... I don't even know what those emojis mean, but it looks smartassed to me. Get a life. Mr. Moderator- please delete my thread. Thank you.
No worries - and apologies. You caught me at a bad moment. I shouldn't have barked like that. Let's see if we can get one of the mods to move the thread to the CTL section.
I don't know that the numbers alone tell anything, but I'm familiar enough with Nige's body of work to know that he consistently puts in the effort to help any and everybody that he can here. Thread moved, per Nige's suggestion. On topic replies are encouraged.
What size machine are you eating tracks on and what are you pushing In my limited experience with a ctl I dont see steel as an answer if you ever see concrete not to mention anything high speed is probably out of the question
Low hours out of a bridgestone track? The cheaper tracks usually yield the same get what you pay for rule of thumb. Even if your hard on things and do not follow proper undercarrage long life rules most people see 1000hrs. 2500ish here. 360 turns, loading the insides of the track with rocky material and running all that through will grind them up in no time. Banging stumps or carrying very heavy over the front will break inner track bars and hammer the inside roller surface out.
My experience is the steel cables that run around the track can break, when that happens the the tracks don't stay tight. Even the best tracks have to be taken care if you want to get your money out of them.
Just read on them today. Said 1000 hrs. if properly maintained. That's around 6 dollars a hour if it all works great. They remind me of old tank tracks or old russian dozer tracks. I can see the pins on steel in every joint getting loose fairly quick kind of like steel over tire tracks.
I do quite bit of land clearing with my 333G mulching, tree shearing piling brush etc. Very rocky n hard conditions. I bought the McLaren tracks not the top of the line but something in the middle I'm very pleased with it