Purchased machine in non running condition in hopes to fix it. Before purchasing 2 different starters and 2 new batteries finally got the thing to crank over. Cracked lines and was getting fuel to the injectors. But wouldn't start. Tried spraying starting fluid and wd down intake. Still wasn't getting it to go. Machine is almost 200miles away sitting on a slight hill on property with no power and I'd like to get it atleast moved out of way. Any idea what could be. My guess was not getting air. But don't know where to start as my time is limited.
How long has it been sitting? Before you go any further wait for one the Detroit 2 stroke experts to help you. You need to make sure the fuel rack is free and have a good board or something ready to block the air intake which usually means taking the air cleaner hose off. 2 stroke Detroits are known to run away and rev. to the moon scattering bits engine pieces. It may have an emergency shut off that is blocking air. That could have saved it from blowing up if you did get it started.
If I recall pulled valve cover and rack was free and everything seemed to be moving like it should. Not sure how long was sitting before I purchased it but now sitting about 2 years in my possession. The guy purchased from said it just shut off while using it and never started again. And seemed to cook the starter trying to get it to run again. Probably won't be able to get to the machine for a couple of months due to weather.
check the emergency shut own flap it is located at the blower intake should be a lever with a latch. Also agree with welder Dave if it has been setting pull valve cover and check to see if rack is free
Yeah my initial thought was no air. I seen blower shaft could be broken. Any chance that would cause a no start, or just rough running
IIRC there is a drive coupling for the blower, and if it goes, so does the fuel lift pump as well.
Good to know. So I guess if I'm getting fuel, blower shaft should be fine