Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynahoe

LaLaMan ยท 2014-09-30 09:35

Are parts still available for a dynahoe 190? There is one for sale near me for $8200 I want to use it to load sand and stone into my concrete truck. Or are these things so old that if I need parts I'll never get them?

Replies10
  1. #1Delmer2014-09-30 10:40

    I would GUESS that parts are only available for the "third party components", obviously the engine, who knows who made everything else. Hydraulic cylinder parts are generally universal, and/or can be modified or fabricated reasonably. I've only seen a couple of Dynahoes, but that sounds like a lot of money for an orphan machine.

  2. #2RBMcCloskey2014-09-30 10:42

    Yes, you can get all the parts you need, call Dave Laing at 1-908-337-4157. Dynahoe only made the weldments; that is the frame, boom, dipper stick, loader lift arms and buckets. The cyenders and valves are repairable by any good hydraulic shop; the engine is GM diesel 5-53, the transmission is Allison and the rear is Eaton.

  3. #3LaLaMan2014-09-30 10:50

    Do you think that, given my intended use, this would be a good choice for a machine?

  4. #4Delmer2014-09-30 15:11

    Are you intending to use the backhoe bucket to reach up and load aggregate into the hopper on a redimix truck? How often do you do this?

  5. #5Ronsii2014-09-30 16:53

    Like was previously said, most of the parts were from heavy trucks and more or less generic... however they can be expensive compared to similar parts on 'regular' brand backhoes Also dynahoes are a bit heavy but in their day were decent machines. For the price you listed I would assume that the machine is probably needing some TLC and parts especially if you want to put it to work in the real world... if you just want to load stuff now and then it will probably work just fine as is... Owning a couple of em' kinda makes me wish I had got a case 580 to start with..... but it was cheap!!!!

  6. #6LaLaMan2014-09-30 18:45

    It's a voulmetric concrete mixer. I would be using it to load the truck of about 10 yards. This is a start up business. So I just needed something to get me going. Don't plan on keeping it forever.

  7. #7overworked2014-09-30 19:25

    You would probably be better with a wheel loader, but then again if the Dyna hoe can be run and it seems good, fits your wallet it will work,

  8. #8Ronsii2014-09-30 19:38

    For the use you mentioned it will probably be just fine as long as it still works and will lift, remember you will also have to stack incoming material for your stockpiles.

  9. #9LaLaMan2014-09-30 21:12

    It seems that wheel loaders, even small ones, command a price over backhoes. Maybe it's seasonal, everyone is looking for snow machines now.

  10. #10Navship2014-10-17 00:29

    Do you know where I can buy any 140 B danahoe parts?? Like a boom......