Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynahoe Backhoe

Cold-Oil · 2019-11-10 00:26

I have a 1975 Dynahoe 160 and am looking for the Wagner part number for the wheel cylinders. I would like to have them on hand when I disassemble the rear wheel planetary units to repair the brakes. Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies12
  1. #1Ronsii2019-11-10 18:46

    Not sure if these apply to yours without a serial number.... but here is page 45-46 of the parts manual for my 160.

  2. #2Cold-Oil2019-11-10 22:44

    Thanks so much for your efforts! I do have this manual and wish they would of also used the manufactures part numbers. I am purchasing a master cylinder($300 plus $80 shipping) ouch! then I am pretty sure I will have to replace the wheel cylinders also. But one thing at a time!!

  3. #3Ronsii2019-11-10 23:00

    These are generic cylinders... any decent truck parts place(with older guys there) will be able to get rebuild kits for them... of even the makers parts for a fraction of that. Some of the older dealers used to be able to cross the hydynamic munbers to OEM also, unfortunately the ones around here went out of business a few years ago.

  4. #4Mother Deuce2019-11-11 03:03

    Really liked Bob Fray...I found a Wagner master cylinder number for a 160. Wagner #17095 in a forum from 2005 see images. These guys we’re getting their brake parts at Napa by bringing them in and doing physical comparisons with Wagner stock. It is said that Minnparr has the numbers and parts. There is also a Dynahoe owners group on Yahoo that exchanges info.

  5. #51693TA2019-11-11 07:31

    Remove that master cylinder, remove the internal snap ring which retains the guts and pull it apart. Hone the bore, install new rubber cups and teflon washers, (easily available at "older" parts stores) and put it back together. I had a 160 Dynahoe w/353 Detroit Diesel. Purchased it just to get it running and sale but had to rebuild the service brakes along the way. Very simple built machine using mostly off the shelf parts. Bucyrus kept it simple with them. Mine had a Borg-Warner transmission, Commercial-Shearing main hydraulic pump, and used Wagner service brake parts. I purchased everything needed at the then locally owned Carquest auto parts store.

  6. #6Tinkerer2019-11-11 07:36

    For you Dynahoe guys this is a link to the complete thread Mother Deuce posted the info from. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/54787-dynahoe-information-search.html

  7. #7Ronsii2019-11-11 09:49

    Yeah MD, Fray equipment was the go to place for many years I got a few things there and plenty of info. The issue with my master cylinder and quite a few others so I found from digging around was the reed valve on the 'bone' would fracture and even though you could get the seal kits all day I was never able to find the hard parts(I really didn't look that hard... had too much else going on) but yes, most of the parts are generic simple truck parts. I had to replace the ring and pinion once and finally found the actual manufacturer in seattle, forget the name but they're at the end of 599 where you switch over to get on the draw bridge(1st ave)

  8. #8edgephoto2019-11-11 20:37

    @Mother Deuce I see you are a Mac guy. Command-Shift-4 will allow you to snip screen shots.

  9. #9Brad L Hornberger2020-05-21 09:52

    sorry for butting in, but had anyone ever had to remove a steering wheel on a dynahoe 160? I think my linkage broke to the rod. I removed the nut under the horn. Won't budge

  10. #10Barry280z2024-01-22 07:44

    I have a 66-68 hy dynamic dynahoe with 353 detroit backed by a allis chalmers forward reverse and a 3 speed borg warner t98. I stripped the sleeve in the reverser that the t98 shaft slide into. The splines are striped and I cannot locate the part. Any suggestions?

  11. #11clueless22024-01-22 09:24

    What is the model of your Dyna-hoe ?? Call this company. They may have what you need. Reman Driveline Components Joseph Industries specializes in supplying and remanufacturing driveline components for construction, material handling, agricultural and on-highway equipment. www.joseph.com

  12. #12Barry280z2024-01-22 09:31

    It's a 140c. I've tried to call the company and it just keeps circling back to the directory never an actual person. I'll try again