Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eager beaver dove tail

PAS ยท 2015-06-29 17:51

Hello People, Last year I bought a 1987 21000 lb eager beaver dove tail. I bought it on Auctions international in New York state. I won the bid and when I went to pick up it had two rim and tire on each axle. Most of trailers similar have four rim and tire total eight not four like mine. Also the trailer deck was cut out a little bit like somebody put a taller rim and tire on. I researched the vin # number with no results to see if I could find specs. There is no model number on the title or trailer. This site seems to have a world of knowledge I have solved a lot of issues from the threads. Would anybody know the correct rim and tire I would need for this trailer. I would be interested in buying used if anybody has the correct stuff. Any info would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2015-06-29 19:48

    Gooseneck or pintle hitch, and what does the tag say say for tongue weight? The gooseneck I owned, you subtracted the hitch weight rating from the gross weight, the difference was what was carried on the axles. Divide that by the number of tires and check the tire and wheel max ratings to see if you're okay. Mine was a triple axle with singles. I sold it, and I miss it.