Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eager beaver pintle hook gvw rating help

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2018-04-12 17:42

Bought an air brake tag trailer that I am told is a 1986 eager beaver. I think they only made a few models of this trailer, and it does look right. I was under the assumption it is a 20 ton trailer, however the tires capacity only adds up to 30,000 lbs, how much does the pintle hook count for? And how much do I register it for? No registration or title or vin to reference.

Replies5
  1. #1Tags2018-04-12 18:46

    No tag on the trailer tongue or tags on the axles? Somebody could have just gotten cheap with the tires....

  2. #2heymccall2018-04-12 22:00

    Air brakes? Tire size? Deck length?

  3. #3Truck Shop2018-04-14 07:41

    It's a good chance the pintle was manufactured by Premier. Look for a four digit number cast into it and check their online catalog. Those hitches haven't changed much over the years. Truck Shop

  4. #4dieseldog5.92018-04-20 12:41

    No tags, yes it has air brakes, 8.25 r15 tires, the deck is 17ft with a 5 ft beaver tail. I think it is 20 ton, thought for some reason they made a 9 ton and a 20 ton back in the 80's so this would be a 20 ton.

  5. #5heymccall2018-04-20 14:17

    Tires (assuming duals and tandem) add up to 14ish ton. My 40DLA Interstate (20 ton) tires add up to 20 ton, and the gvw is 46ton. I'm guessing you have a 16ton trailer.