Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which tilt bed trailer?

JamesH · 2018-03-30 20:49

I'm currently looking at tilt bed trailers to haul a Cat 304e2 or a Takeuchi TL8. Right now I'm leaning towards a Load Trail. Any other recommendations? TL14 https://loadtrail.com/index.php/tra...+14,000+Lb+6"+Channel+Frame&&title=Tilt Decks or TH14 https://loadtrail.com/index.php/tra...4,000+Lb.+w/8"+I-Beam+Frame&&title=Tilt Decks

Replies8
  1. #1Theweldor2018-03-30 21:07

    The 8" I-beam frame on the second one I think will hold up better. The biggest thing is with torsion axles the trailer has to sit level or you will load one axle more than the other as there is no equalizer between the two.

  2. #2terex herder2018-03-30 22:11

    I've got a PJ I like. The trailer is a deck over so the ramp angle is a little steeper. But being a deck over its a lot more convenient to haul other things, as its easy to load with a forklift and put the load exactly where it needs to be. I haul a Deere 332 skidder, and have hauled forklifts and ag tractors. If I was buying another, I'd get the wireless remote for the tilt and a winch mounting plate.

  3. #3RTSmith2018-08-22 15:17

    Have a solid, and a tilt. Made the mistake of taking the tilt to pick up 2 pallets of material. The pallet behind the axles bent the trailer bed. Have since seen others like this. Tilt trailers are great for equipment, but not as handy as a solid deck. JMHO.

  4. #4motoOzarks2018-09-08 14:00

    I agree. don't forget the swing out of the overhang in traffic...….

  5. #5_Weldman_2018-10-01 02:48

    Old post though for future reference torsional axles are best left to RV's not just cause equalization isn't there between the axles but the abuse a utility trailer takes over a RV.

  6. #6behnks19902019-02-02 17:17

    This is what I would suggest. Tube tilt trailers 14-20K GVWs. Stronger frame work and more standard features. https://behnkeenterprises.com/trailertypes/tiltbeds/

  7. #7TVA2019-02-02 17:26

    Might wanna look in to Lamar, but I don’t own one so I can’t say.

  8. #8rondig2019-02-04 00:53

    I got a tkt 40 trail king....i love it