Hello all, new to the forum here but have been reading for a long time for help getting my 580B going. Much appreciated help!!! I have a 1974 580B that I bought with a bad engine, I bought an older 530CK with an early model 188 engine in it as a doner. My question is, looking at head gasket sets online to buy do i need a specific gasket? The engine i took out has a serial number of 2736411 and the engine that I installed has a serial number of 2116031, i have seen online some of the kits say for serial numbers above 26XXXXX but am unable to find one for serial numbers below that, also this was for the entire rebuild kit not just the head gasket set. Thank you for any help on this.
Welcome To HEF Cessna49 ! The answers to all your parts questions is an email or phone call away. Best and cheapest Case parts on the internet is Dale Wiess. Most knowledgeable Case parts man I have ever talked to. Read about his history on this web link. ------> http://e-backhoeparts.com/
Thank You Tinkerer! I will try to reach out to him today. I have a few other questions he might be able to help me with in regards to the shuttle, I have read a few posts here but my pressures seem a bit high. Need to do some trouble shooting first.... It really is amazing the help I have received over the years from these forums
You are welcome ! Dale's father owned three Case dealerships before he retired quite a few years ago. That is how Dale became a human encyclopedia of all things related to anything made by Case.
Still looking for any input on this, i would like to get some parts ordered but aren't exactly sure if the online kits will fit. I did call and left a message with Dale but since its the weekend probably wont hear back until Monday. Thanks!
Got ahold of Dale and we talked for a bit, he got me everything I needed and had the parts shipped out fast! Thanks again!!
Awesome ! Dale is good man. Glad I could help get you connected with him.
Funny you should mention Dale.. I heard from him yesterday.. Its funny tho.. he can go MIA for months & just pop back up at any time..