Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Early 80’s White, Autocar, Westernstar parts help

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2019-07-14 16:39

I am restoring an 81 Western Star. Apparently White made all 3 of these trucks before splitting off autocar and Westernstar going on their own. This truck is just before the Heritage. It looks like autocar has the same parts 79 to 83, just guessing on the years, someone correct me if I am wrong. Hoping someone has a parts truck they are willing to part. Wanted Middle dash panel Glove box catch A grille surround that's not junk or in good enough shape it can be rechromed Rear window inside trim Twin air cleaners and brackets, air cleaner now is wrong and door doesn't fully open. Drivers side panel for air filter inlet Cab exhaust mounts

Replies4
  1. #156wrench2019-07-17 02:38

    should be some wreckers out here in western Canada that may have that stuff. there were white-western stars out here. I have a '79 that's still going.

  2. #2dieseldog5.92019-07-17 14:42

    Thats a good idea, if you have a name of a yard that would have some of that stuff it would be a great help. I have called two yards in alberta in the past and either the trucks listed on TPI are old listings and they dont have the trucks or they dont call you back and are not a fan of dealing with the older stuff, they want to sell the front row big ticket items. Hoping to find a truck enthusiast that has a parts truck in their yard to supply their parade truck.

  3. #356wrench2019-07-17 15:27

    one place that comes to mind is Snags Truck Parts east of Edmonton. I don't know how much old stuff they have left. 780-662-3514 or tollfree 1-800-825-3046. if I think of others I will post them

  4. #492U 34062019-07-17 17:37

    Only wrecking yard I've dealt with is Coldstream Truck Parts in Vernon, BC. Found them pretty good to deal with. I needed a good single drive axle on air ride for a project truck. They let me wander their yard to find what I wanted. They picked the tandem snip I wanted out of a stack and cut it in half for me on the spot. Not sure what they might have for older truck parts but I'll definitely deal with them again.