When you pull throttle down it speeds up a lot when cold. Takes 40 minutes to move good at high rpm. I’m changing hydro filter now but I read where you should not use high efficiency filter. Also I’m using 10w30 Tran/hyd oil. Anyone know the less micron cat filter # and could this oil be too thick? Also what is the best/easiest way to check RPM? This thing seems to run way high RPM when pulled all the way back.TIA
Not sure on the B models but my BBX series C model requires 10wt hydro oil and even in our not so cold winters it takes a while to warm up. When it's cold 30's and lower I'll let it warm up 15-20 mins before trying to move it and then it's still sluggish. It might be the oil you are using.
Thanks, yea I haven’t changed fluid yet. No idea what’s in it. I got a filter from cat which is the high efficiency filter. The only one they offered me. I’ve heard it best to go to the standard efficiency one, but not sure?? Also anyone know how much fluid these hold? Thanks
10 weight oil and change the filter don’t use high efficiency filter
The original filter was 4j6064 The high efficiency filter causes problems because it doesn't seem to like moisture There used to be a 1r number filter that replaced the 4j6064 might check on baldwin filter. The machine speeding up when you move it out of high idle is the function of the underspeed valve kicking in It causes the underspeed to be pulled up so machine will move when it's less than full throttle. The filter bypass on these machines do not bypass the filter they instead dump to sump witch causes low differancal pressure witch causes low speed As far as capacity I keep thinking 16 gallons but I'm not sure one thought is. is the book still in compartment on back of seat?
Can you start by posting a machine Serial Number please. Then some data can be looked up. I'm guessing 5MK-something. One of the first things I would suggest is to get hold of an Operation and Maintenance Manual as you obviously don't have one. They are not expensive, around 50 bucks if you buy a new one, and can save you the purchase price many times over. Don't. The spec for the hydrostatic drive system only allows for SAE10W hydraulic oil. Now replaced by 1R-0741. What Part Number did they give you.? My money is on 132-8876. 343-4465 is an Advanced Efficiency transmission element that could also be used in place of 1R-0741/4J-6064.