Get up go out back look around son works at night so I wont bother him, look what he put in there and also radio which i need alittle help with, later check this out , this is a six way from some new somthing. Sam
That'll make the day go better.:drinkup
Looks like you raised yourself a good one. Congrats:cool2:notworthy Heath
man, i am glad for all the experience i got on a deuce and a quarter, but i am glad i don't have to run one now. nice old hoe, anyway.
Very nice, happy birthday!
Hey but what's that have to do with this 215? You'd like MY 225, its like new.
oh! prarie poop, i saw the catwalks and assumed it was a 225. my bad.
Got a 215D LC here and love it to death. Just did the engine in it so it will be good for a long time again.
Happy Birthday!:drinkup Jason
very nice!
Whew, I didnt think Id get that much attention. Work for a living? I dont know last year the worst, this summer will be that of 1929. Alright here is my slight problem. This 215 is 24Vt Pos ground, with two D8 batterys. So the radio has to be insulated, the kid built it in plywood. So he ran a cable from one bat 12Vt neg gr. up front. We can find locally 24 to 12vt converters but none that will change pos to neg gr. Problem is, If I don't unplug radio fuse, the dome light glows dim and check eng lights glow?? radio and anteanna isolated nothing touching anything. Or should I find a diode for the radio feed.. It only does this when the master switch is off. PS out of school I worked in Raytheon so I know my way around wires but I cant find where this should feed back. sombody had to go through this thanks Sam (just something to do)
Strange setup. My 215D is a 24 volt negative ground with two (2) size 4D batteries in it. Did they change it somewhere along the line? My D8 Cat has two (2) size 8D batteries.
This is the same as my 225 - 2 4D, series, negative ground. I wonder why Pine's is different??
I can't imagine that it is. have not seen any positive ground in years and years and years.
I asked my mechanic today how to do this with your neg ground set up. He said run your radio wires both power and ground to "one" of the 12 volt batteries. Hook your power wire to the plus side and ground wire to the neg. side.
Before I did that I would put a volt meter to it to see what was coming out of the system. since the two batteries are hooked series one positive comes off of one battery, the negative off of the other and the remaining positive and negative are hooked together. My Oshkosh which has 24 volt start has a converter to get to 12 volts for everything else but the starter.
Before I did that I would put a volt meter to it to see what was coming out of the system. since the two batteries are hooked series one positive comes off of one battery, the negative off of the other and the remaining positive and negative are hooked together. My Oshkosh which has 24 volt start has a converter to get to 12 volts for everything else but the starter.
I had the same problem a along time ago. We put a raido in and the machine went to a job, then we found the clock will backfeed the whole system because of the ground relay disconects the ground and then it all is fed through the clock or any wire that powers the memory, and burn up the wire or blow fuse. You are on the wright track with a diode. You can also get converters from JC Wittney. But I run off one battery.
To Dig Dug, yep thats exactly what was done. I conclude two things, 1 I think its the radio narrowed down to Its memory circut. Whats got me is why its pos grd. My parts book points to this is optional, being 2 8Ds and a high output alternator. Also the machine is USA. Again if the master sw is off, that should cut off the frame ground which is (pos) so it should be completly dead. So how in the world can leaving the radio on feed back to the frame and turn on the dome light. Only way is perhaps the master switch is ONLY killing the fuse box for gauges lights start sw. thanks to all I think I just answered my question, I bet the master is a hot kill not a ground kill. I go now with test light. Sam