Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Early Case 580 CK Shuttle help

Ruffasacob · 2018-07-05 11:27

First thing, can anyone tell me how long the mechanical shuttle dip stick is? I need the total length from the bottom of the cap, and the length to the full mark. Next, is there a way to put the shuttle cover back on easily? I tried for an hour, then got mad and disassembled the steering tower and pulled it back so I could drop the cover straight down. It was actually a good thing because I found a few other little things that needed to be fixed. It would be nice to know how to do it the next time. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Funny farm2018-07-05 18:09

    It’s about 8 & 5/16 long. Full is around the 7&3/4 mark. But it appears mine has been worked on before so that may not be exactly right. But mine seemed to work good at that level.

  2. #2Ruffasacob2018-07-06 09:09

    Thanks Ff.