this is a long shot but does anyone know anything about early tl26 or prototype, like late 1980's? Pump has issue and wondering where a shop that really knows their hydraulic pumps is or what to replace it with. I'm screwed because serial number is 1 on pump. has isuzu like production green tl26, wondering if that pump will work, i know it will bolt up just not sure how plumbing is. thanks
Snap some pics & save it to your computer or phone.. email hydro shops & include SEVERAL pics.. from diff. angles. I remember while working w/ Cummins & Bosch doing prototype engines.. Bosch would supply the inj. pumps w/ proto numbers, Cummins would "tweek" the adjustments on their engine dyno & then I was incharge of graphing the inj. pump "tweeks" & sending them to Bosch for production.. The pump was just a "regular" P-pump that we all know & love.. but it had no #'s on the name plate. So if someone had a leak or something was wrong w/ it.. the service people had nothing to go by other than a picture. See what I'm getting at..?? It "might be" a standard pump that everyone is familiar with.?? Good luck.
Try Bear Fluid Power in Mich. They are the U S warrenty center for most Jap pump brands.