Hey guys, I had a hydraulic drive motor break on me and had Caterpillar install a new replacement under warranty. 7 months later the hydraulic motor breaks again and I replaced with a used unit because Cat didnt want to replace because my machine was out of warranty by this time. My investigation as to why a new part broke in 7 months leads me to believe that the hoses were not connected correctly. I trace the hoses from the hydraulic pump to the motors and they don't seem to match from left to right. Is there somewhere I can find a hydraulic schematic that outlines exactly from what connections from the pump to the hydraulic motor are correct? I reconnected my used unit exactly how the motor was connected previously by cat tech, I used the machine briefly and I see some oil resdue seeping through the snap ring a bit, is this cause for concern? I just don't want another drive motor to break on me Thanks.
No replies yet.