Hey all, Thanks again for the project help I have received already. Does this list of equipment cover all Earth-moving equipment types: Heavy Earth-moving: backhoe loaders, crawler dozers and loaders, four wheel-drive loaders, excavators, motor graders, articulated dump trucks Compact Earth-moving: compact excavators, compact track loaders, compact wheel loaders, skid steers, landscape loaders Am I missing any equipment or is anything listed here not considered Earth-moving I have read multiple things currently trying to use financial statements from manufacturers to get the size of the Earth-moving equipment market with no luck calling AED to get report access since I am a student.
I think you need to concentrate on one thing at a time. You have to do some of the research on your own. There are many many more types of heavy equipment than the common types you listed. How complete do you need it?? If this is a school project you can't expect the members on here to do all the work for you. They can steer you in the right direction but can't do all of it for you.
Don't forget the Tonka Mighty Crane. Moved a lot of earth with that back in the day . . .
Don’t forget the heavy duty mine equipment I couldn’t even look at your current list without the big trucks, scrapers draglines and front loading shovels drills my god now I’m upset bucket wheel excavators, compaction equipment, dredges and hydro vacuum. come on man.
Don't forget underground mining equipment. There's too much to try and remember it all.
You could write a book just on the hard rock side, and never even get into underground coal equipment.
It’s already been done. It’s all so tiring. Why re-invent the wheel? The books have been written. The stories have been told. Some of the legends are still with us. Move along. Chase coeds. Stop talking about it and be about it. Grab a shovel and lean into it. Step away from the keyboard and academe and get some dirt on your hands. Student loans and empty promises are all you are going to find. That’s coming from a burnt - out college professor that wasted half his life in that world. What a waste of time. Four degrees. I helped a few guys start success careers. That’s the only thing I accomplished.