Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EC210B LC will not run

Blocker in MS ยท 2019-11-15 20:45

Good evening all. I have had a Volvo EC210B LC left in my charge for the last week or so and have put some hours on. Other than a couple hours here and there in the past this is my first experience with a Volvo built machine running it personally. With 9k hours on it I would have to say I like it very well. It is a very well balanced and responsive machine. The only problem I have found is the two speed travel system will not switch out of the slow mode....it will not run....only walk.... Not being familiar with Volvo or mechanics at all, are there areas I could troubleshoot easily? Common problems? I pulled the panel containing the key switch off and the first clue was that the clip on the connector side of the wiring harness was broken off the wiring going into the travel speed selector switch. Someone has been monkeying around here before. I swapped wiring connectors from the auto idle down switch next to the travel speed switch and the travel speed switch. This resulted in being able to idle the machine down from the travel speed switch and still no change when trying to change travel speed using the auto idle switch. So, I am going to say I have a problem elsewhere. I looked at the fuses on the right hand arm rest and do not see any. I may be missing something on there since I do not currently speak Volvo....and only some English and nothing else. I am guessing there is a solenoid somewhere, but where? Are there more fuses somewhere else? Of course there is no operators manual on a ten year old machine? with 9k hours. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2019-11-16 03:00

    Good day Please follow the link as the help file is a little to heavy for the forum site. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WtOK0UUstB0KyRSm0dDU1yJFrJlBdY32 Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Blocker in MS2019-11-16 07:23

    Thank you sir!