Hey hef so I got this Volvo 240 no hydraulic functions at all. I'm not familiar with how they do stuff and don't have a book..... Down and dirty main pumps are moving oil and so is pilot pump there's a test port on a manifold to the right and down of pumps. 500 psi of pilot pressure there. Fittings on main pump show close to same pressure. All fuses are good tested each one. Hoping someone can shed light on how pilot cutout/lock works. I'll post s/n in comments when I find it. Machine ran fine until they removed engine. Thanks
240c11085*
Do you know how to access the service screens on the instrument panel?
I do not. can you supply directions?
Scroll down to electrical. Watch sensor values as you raise and lower safety lever. You're looking for SW9118 I believe to change from 0 to1 and back. That will tell you if your safety lever switch is functioning properly. Now you want to look at electrical output. Look for MA9118 I think. When you raise the safety lever, the MA that matches the SE should show 24v. Make sense? MA9108 is located in the pump room on the floor. Now go to hydraulic sensors. There's gonna be quite a few. You really don't want to see any abnormal values. For example you dont want to see 3600psi @pump2 if there's no demand for it. At the same time you should be able to view all of your servo pressures from the screen. If the computer thinks the pumps are producing max, she'll pull the displacement all the way back. It thinks its dead headed.
So, how did you make out, find anything good?