found this old mini tower in wonnock bc anyone have info on these ?
Sure that machine last did a block in 2002 in TFL 26,if its the one I think it is,dont want to say owner names,but havent seen it for years,how old is the pic?
Had a similar one myself,A Tillman with Scagit BU 50 drum set,neat little yarders.cheap to move,and run,but dont really have a presence any more, its all about production now.I believe these'Rosedale Ecologgers' were actually built in Rosedale ,B.C. years ago Eastern Fraser Valley,B.C.
the one we got was in wonnock from harrison lake from what i was told we bought it and low beded it to vancouver island , its behind the shop getting fixed up , nother spraycan rebuild etc
Is the Tillman still around or available? I've been looking for my old skidder tower but its probably long since been scrapped. here is a pic.
Skidder-Mounted Yarder There were lots of these small skidder-mounted yarders built over the years. Rosedale and Tillman built them regularly using small drumsets by Skagit and whoever or whatever was handy. I have seen hundreds of them over the years. This one was in Forks in 2001 when I took these pics and it looked pretty much spent at that time. No canopy on the skidder and looks like she pulled over. Probably a Tillman with Skagit drums, but who knows. Give a logger a torch and welder and you get some ugly ugly items out of that deal everytime!
EccoLogger II on Clark 668 Skidder This one is a real dandy and was owned by A-1 Logging at Yamhill Oregon in 2002. Seen here waiting on the cutters out of Dallas Oregon near Siletz somewhere out there in the Coastal hinterlands. This was a really nice little machine. Wish I had taken more pics of her in those days. I ran across this machine often for awhile......
EccoLogger at Bob Dunn Logging, Longview Washington 1982 Here's one for you. I was around this machine alot for a few years and it was owned by Bob Dunn of Longview Wa. He logged around Coal Creek and Germany Creek with it through the early to mid 1980's. For whatever reason I only have bad pics of her (lots of really bad ones!), but you get the general idea anyway I suppose.....
Love your pictures especially the ones in Alaska. About the time I started business [1975] had the chance to work there and passed it up makes me sad to see what I missed. Thanks for all the info someday would like to chat.
Well it was short-lived up here. USFS locked up the sales so in 1997 the 2 pulp mills closed for lack of reliable timber sales. 17 million acres of big old growth here doing nothing every day. Gorgeous to live-in/look at, but boy some mornings I just want to fire up a saw and start dumping these pig pipes! I have evrything I need to do it to- except the balls I guess. Yarders, shovels, trucks right here doing nothing..... Not worth winding up in Federal Prison I guess. I've figured out how to stay in the $$$$ without working much, so 'so far so good'! A half-smart guy can still make alot more money up here working a few hours a week than the boys down south working in the mills and whatnot 12 hours a day. Trouble with Alaska is getting here is half the battle and staying is really expensive. Heck- I know dump-truck drivers in Alaska making $40+ an hour who couldn't survive a half-day in Washington/Oregon on a $15 an hour job- they aren't even good enough drivers to haul with the green guys down below.....
EccoLogger at Tillamook in 2002, Owner Unknown No idea on this machine except she sat up in the Trask River drainage for awhile in 2002 and I slowed down long enough to snap some decent pics. See- even back then I was looking out/thinking about you guys.....
Kinda the same down here after the owl thing. I'm just hangin on waiting for better times that may never come. A guy can dream, I guess they can't take that away yet. Gotta go 5 still comes early.
Hey contract logger we rebuilt that one from Forks and its about to go back to work for the first time in 3 years. I am doing an oil change and filters on it today.
Glad to hear one is going back to what it was meant to be doing. If you get a chance take a few pictures when it is working. I enjoy seeing them anywhere, but think they look the best at work.
I worked on one down here a while ago. It was quite worn out then and we sent it away with a big list of items to repair. I understand it is still working up Wanganui (Whanganui) way somewhere. It was a V8 Cummins powered two drum machine. Apparently their was a three drum option as well.
Just found a pair of eccologgers in a field not far from home. They appear to have been working recently and are the larger slackline model. Wish there was more information on Rosedale and their other machines.
If it was the yellow one we had it when it first came up from down south was bought off Dave Button . Ended up being our introduction to haulers and a life saver in winter. Seen it out the back of Martinbourgh a couple of months ago
This is the machine. It is currently near the JNL mill, Masterton. Im not too sure who had it originally but I think it was Dennis Glen. His may have been another machine though. From there Tuckey, Rhino, FOMS and more than likely others had it. Unfortunatly it became a bit of a village bike. They are a good machine if you understand there limits. I think a small slackpulling or christy carrage would have been a nice addition.
This is the other ecologger I mentioned above. This was in Taupo for quite some time but has recently moved. Where to I don't know. This differs in that it has 6 guyropes and a little hydraulicly driven drum of some kind. Anyone know what it was used for?
wow thats almost a copy of the one in my back yard ,, the small drum in the pic is the strawline drum, for light cable to hand pull out into the setting to pull out the main line or haulback or skyline , also i see that this machine has disk brakes on the drums , we had to replace all the rotors on our machine ,not cheap very costly , thanks for posting ..
heres a pic of my little donkey maybe not sure how to do it
ive got one of these yarders but dont know how to post a pic of it
does any one know were any of these are for sale that are still in working condition ?
dooby, don't know if your still looking for one of these eco-loggers but there is one currently for sale on machinerytrader.com at ddi equipment in Colorado. for anyone else that knows about these what drives them? winch drive shaft from skidder perhaps? hydraulic? just curious!......TIO
For sale in Oregon. http://eugene.craigslist.org/hvo/4340496062.html
Here's an Ecologger rigged up back in 2011 for fire salvage on the Klamath National Forest:
Dose any one out the have the history of the eco logger or know where to get
Probably part of the RMS-Ross Corporation history. http://www.rmsross.com/about
thx
Hi Harvey Klassen here, I worked designing the ecologgers for RMS from1972 until 1980. I designed and operated the first all hydraulic Ecologger and designed the winch for the Ecologger II. So yes, I do know the history of the Ecologger. [email protected]