Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Self Loading Logging Truck Photos

skadill · 2011-02-24 23:54

There must be lots of good material for people to post of the Self Loaders,Their definetly a world unto themself.Half truck- half machine,A truly independent aspect of logging.These few were in Campbell River,Vancouver Island B.C. last year.I see there is a thread for loaders on trucks,which is a bit different,this would be the same truck to load and haul.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies150
  1. #1Timbercruise1712011-02-25 00:56

    Can you tell us why some of the loaders go over the cab and others go over the trailer? In the states most self loader loaders are somewhat centered on the truck this has to do with weight limits on roads and highways.

  2. #2lg junior2011-02-25 23:21

    Here's some photos of my self loader. Summer 2006. A very good summer.

  3. #3pierre_volvo2011-02-26 16:34

    Cool pics, here in Scandinavia we mostly use Timbertrucks with cranes on. Here´s a really sweet looking one http://www.bergsfegen.se/bilder_nytt.php?news_id=177 And here are loads of photos with selfloading trucks. http://timmerpojkarna.se/lastbilarna/lastbilarnaindex.html Just click the Date links for pics And some trucks are equipped with detachable crane, here is a old infomercial about that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxsXWISiHGE

  4. #4skadill2011-02-27 11:58

    self loader This Ford is about the longest surviving short log truck in the Lower Mainland of B.C. that continues working(more like has survived the economy),they have a pair of them,a common daily sight anywhere around here to see.

  5. #5lg junior2011-02-27 23:47

    heres a 3000 Crown self loader that i'd bought some years ago,junked the truck frame was really really bad, put the loader on a western star then later a kenworth that came from revelstoke bc

  6. #6lg junior2011-02-27 23:51

    1979 western star and 3000 crown a later one built by danebo in eugene oregon

  7. #7lg junior2011-02-27 23:53

    1989 kenworth and same crown loader

  8. #8Jdigger41302011-02-28 00:17

    I love the three log load. Did that truck actually put those on or did A bigger shovel? I am not A logger so any info would be greatly appreciated. If it did...RESPECT!!!!!

  9. #9lg junior2011-02-28 00:36

    I did load the bunk logs and the peaker on the middle load the peaker the top log was the 4th cut of the same tree that the butt cut,bottom picture and 2nd cut top picture. Idid have to have help with the butt and 2nd cut. Butt was 5 and a half feet across, rotten and surprisingly light all three loads were well under 80,000 lbs.

  10. #10CM19952011-02-28 09:23

    I have a question. Why are self-loading log trucks used? The reason I ask is in the SE US most logging operations have a trailer mounted loader they haul to the site, set up and load trailers out. They may have several landings it it's a big site. I'm not a logger, just curious. Thanks

  11. #11Born2clearcut2011-02-28 11:02

    Here's a self loader getting some help we went around one day and loaded oversize with the grapple yarder the Stink Belts i mean Link belts couldn't lift ( hehe). The first pic is loading a big old fir, the self loader is just helping to guide the one end onto bunk . second pic is driving a away , then i walked to the edge of road and took a pic of him dumping the log into the water, snapped the picture right when log hit the water . pictures taken in Bear bay Bute inlet in 1999 .

  12. #12lg junior2011-02-28 21:14

    For me its convenient, sometimes the landowner would rather not have a large landing built every place I generate a load. I do a lot of small jobs salvage,clean-up things that the big boys don't want to mess with. I do have a loader that I use when I have the space and production that warrants moving it in.

  13. #13Jdigger41302011-02-28 21:18

    Thanks, I am A big enthusiast of ALL the log gear and had no idea A Crown had that much pump! Thanks

  14. #14Timbercruise1712011-02-28 22:31

    Self loaders are also used for small two three truck load loads. In the SE US or anywhere you would bring in a log loader which adds to the cost of the small job. Here the self loader is two machines a loader and a truck. Now it can’t carry the same amount of wood due to the loader however does save time and money.

  15. #15trakloader2011-02-28 22:48

    QCI Self Loaders My friend sent me this picture of an early liquid loader on a HDX, late 1960's or early 70's. It was quite the novelty at that time. Also a couple of screen captures of M&B's self loading HDX, taken in 1978. It was a line and tong loader.

  16. #16skadill2011-02-28 22:50

    A retired but still existing old self loader

  17. #17tyyota2011-03-01 01:07

    One of a kind Tandem/Tandem Hayes self loader

  18. #18trakloader2011-03-01 01:23

    I finally found the article on the building of that truck, I must scan it soon.

  19. #19lg junior2011-03-01 23:50

    I like it! Somebody made the people at the chrome shop happy. Curious about the engine it looks familiar?

  20. #20tyyota2011-03-02 01:03

    I think it is an E9 Mack V8

  21. #21Ryan Rønning2011-03-03 03:05

    I found this pic in my stash.

  22. #22Jdigger41302011-03-03 10:15

    WOW!!! V8 Hays VERY COOL. So what do you guys think the reason this guy specced the twinsteer was??? Is it easier on the frame w the self loader to have an axle there? It sure looks cool at any rate! I am so glad there were guys that mixed it up in regards to the tools they used, really unique truck AND it has some shine.. V8 mack sound and impressive presence. Best of both worlds!!!

  23. #23hoglogg2011-03-03 10:43

    1981 pacific tridrive selfloader without trailer .

  24. #24hoglogg2011-03-03 11:01

    nother pic same load of dirty bridge logs really wet and heavy from being buried for 40 years

  25. #25Ryan Rønning2011-03-03 15:38

    That is a cool old Pacific.I do not think that I have seem a try drive before.

  26. #26Jdigger41302011-03-03 19:47

    Nice truck. as a carpenter I would like that wood too!! Is she air ride? I woulda though big Hendrikson or Chalmers. Those bunks really let ya get your max GVW I suppose eh?

  27. #27hoglogg2011-03-03 22:15

    its 46 rockwell triple lock air liner in the rears and the front is spring with air bags, it rides really nice. the tridrive holds the load and the big frt axle takes the rest we have a 3 axle wagon to pull also

  28. #28trakloader2011-03-04 02:05

    Here is another unusual Pacific.

  29. #29Ryan Rønning2011-03-04 02:05
  30. #30Ryan Rønning2011-03-04 02:20
  31. #31tyyota2011-03-04 21:38

    Found a couple more including a close up of the V8

  32. #32tyyota2011-03-04 21:40

    One sweet Pacific P510S Self Loader

  33. #33JTL2011-03-04 22:31

    To Ryan Ronning- Pic 3 in post 31. I'm pretty sure I know that guy. Looks an awfull lot like Larry Davis from Sagle, Idaho. Cool.

  34. #34Ryan Rønning2011-03-05 03:53

    Very well could be. I am not sure who it is, I do not know him. I have tens of thousands of logging pics with no real memory of where most of them came from. I am a collector so often friends will donate pictures to me. I am sure that this is probably how I came to have that picture.

  35. #35Born2clearcut2011-03-05 08:41

    A older K W self loader its even got some chrome on the rad . Cable and tongs to load the logs may be hard to see in this small picture but thier is a guy standing at the back of the load to remove the tongs. you can see his hard hat sticking up over the end of the log he is loading

  36. #36trakloader2011-03-05 14:22

    There used to be quite a few of those around, they were actually a pretty good unit. The tong man would pack the tongs way out, and they'd drag the logs in to the truck. There was still one like that up here, right into the 90's. It my be still around, but I don't think it works anymore.

  37. #37lg junior2011-03-06 01:43

    Sometime back in the late 70's I finished up a job for Weyco south of Cottage Grove these photos were taken nearby. I never did hear who owned this selfloader but he sure had a wild ride. A long ways up the hill out of sight sits his load still on the trailer truck bunk and rearends with everything forward gone.

  38. #38lg junior2011-03-06 02:13

    Here is I think a 1969 KW, when I first saw it it was a long logger and not very old she came from the factory with a 12v71. Instead of extending the hood back then KW extended the cowl. When this picture was taken she had an 8v92 kinda looked out of place where the 12 had been.

  39. #39Born2clearcut2011-03-06 08:24

    I took theses pictures thinking it my have been the same truck . These were taken at W D Moore in Winter Harbour in the early 90's looks like it been awhile since it turned a wheel

  40. #40Hayesno12011-03-06 09:13

    Born2clearcut; Nice pics of very interesting truck. It's Pacific P10 model. Every time I have visit BC I have been seeking/looking for such a configuration but never found one. I would like to make a model so any pictures of such configuration will be appriciated, thanks

  41. #41Born2clearcut2011-03-06 09:49

    Sry Hayesno1 those are the only pictures i took .next time i go by there i'll take more pictures could be a year or 2 tho . It was still parked there a few years back . Maybe next time you in B C you can hook up with HDX and go for drive up and across Vancouver island to Winter Harbour . you havn't been anywhere until you been Winter Harbour B C lol

  42. #42Hayesno12011-03-06 10:19

    Born2clearcut; thanks anyway. Sure it would be great going up west to Winter Habour. In 2005 I was very close to do that, but traveling alone, and I did not know the road condition when I left Holberg. I drove aprox. 5 km and made a U-turn - I guess one of those things I regret in my life - but anyway I have seen so many beatiful places on VI(and BC) -Tasis, Zeballos, Port Alberni, Port Alice(I missed Jeune Landing), Bamfield etc. You name it! Sure I will go there in 2012 and to QCI as well before it's to late.

  43. #43Born2clearcut2011-03-06 11:26

    It just be mean to tell you how close you were to that truck

  44. #44Hayesno12011-03-06 11:45

    I know! But anyway I still regret I did not go the last 20 miles or so. LOL Here some pics of the very special 8x4 HD. When I took these pics way back in 2005 truck was owned by Rich Bennet. I think at present time it must be a son of him Trevor Bennet that owns and run that beatiful truck. 2nd and 3rd show truck with load heading for Chemainus in late afternoon - next day at Duncan Truck show(pic 1 and 4) - she was beaty

  45. #45WColtharp2011-03-06 18:05

    What an awesome truck! I bet she sounds mean and will throw out some smoke!

  46. #46skadill2011-03-08 22:01

    This used to haul around the Fraser Valley,the owner upgraded trucks a few years ago.

  47. #47Jdigger41302011-03-08 22:21

    WOW!!! Thats A hawg Skadill! I have always loved C500s, I am A square fender guy but this is just great lookin Paccar brawn

  48. #48hvy 1ton2011-03-09 00:46

    That is a mean looking C5.

  49. #49lg junior2011-03-09 01:25

    Here are some selfloaders that weyerhaeuser had for sale back in the 80's. They gave me this picture but I never went to see them, believe they were in canada.

  50. #50hoglogg2011-03-09 16:40

    another selfloader

  51. #51Hayesno12011-03-09 16:55

    2 Pacific selfloader; 1st is a Pacific P500PF and last 2 pics show a P500S

  52. #52skadill2011-03-09 20:41

    Western Star-Kamloops,B.C. & ex fraser valley KW loader truck now gone.

  53. #53skadill2011-03-13 23:29

    loader pics,fall 2010

  54. #54Hayesno12011-03-17 16:34

    2 KW self loaders parked for the night at Tom Turners place CR 2005

  55. #55MOUNTAIN MAN2011-03-17 21:32

    Beautiful rigs, I'll try to find some pics from where I am from, trucks for sale.

  56. #56MOUNTAIN MAN2011-03-17 21:39

    Here's an odd one; a Hayes HDX, with an older Barko self loader on it, that's a real self loader :drinkup Must be real heavy though, found this pic on the hayestruckclub.org site, check it out if you haven't yet, hundreds to thousand of pics on the website. Any info on it?

  57. #57trakloader2011-03-17 22:21

    Good grief, talk about TOP HEAVY! I wonder if that one started out as a heel boom and tong self loader, and got "upgraded" to the Barko later. The folding reach trailer is the same as on old H-226. We had a hydraulic HDX self loader here, what I remember most is it being in the shop all the time. It was a very costly unit to maintain. Always broke down.

  58. #58MOUNTAIN MAN2011-03-17 22:28

    Ya, no kidding top heavy, and now that's maintenance of 2 motors. Same reason why the truck mounted loaders are going away, and getting replaced with trailer mounts.

  59. #59Hayesno12011-03-19 04:27

    Old 1964 HDX selfloader - some kind of telescope reach

  60. #60KW850&T800H2011-03-19 11:11

    That's cool HDX, I wanted to see more detailed pictures of an HDX self loader.

  61. #61Hayesno12011-03-20 16:16

    More pics of 1964 HDX selfloader - now retired truck

  62. #62KW850&T800H2011-03-20 23:13

    Oh wow, thanks, what a beast. Did it have a Detroit in it? And could it haul the same amount of wood with that extra weight?

  63. #63Jdigger41302011-03-20 23:33

    Hayesno!, thanks for ALL the info and pics on the BC/Canadian iron!!!! I love the mothballed trucks! Its amazing to me that the equipment can literally outlast the job!!! The fat truck have to be one of the few machines or tools A logging company stuggle to kill!

  64. #64Contract Logger2011-03-20 23:43

    I have a better question: Where'd the rearends go and who put the little ones under it?? You dont spend this kind of coin on a truck only to put 46,000 lb rears under it, thats for sure. Somebody must have needed the planetaries and then just thrown these cheap light rears under her. Hard to believe....must be a story there?

  65. #65KW850&T800H2011-03-21 00:03

    Good point, I can't really see them though. Just a post of cheap highway axles then. Now that's underkill.

  66. #66trakloader2011-03-21 02:21

    Many of us despise that term, "fat truck". These trucks built BC, and deserve more respect.

  67. #67Ryan Rønning2011-03-21 02:25

    Were the out riggers on that Hayes not Hydraulic or are the rams just removed. Does not seem like they would do a very good job of stabilizing without the downward force from the rams.

  68. #68KW850&T800H2011-03-21 09:29

    No kidding, these old ones deserve respect, look what they've done for the industry.

  69. #69Born2clearcut2011-03-21 10:01

    The first 2 pictures should of went with post #35 but i just found them yesterday The 3rd pic is a chunk truck. Not sure how the chunk truck loaded it self, i don't see any kind of boom for loading with . I see a drum and fairlead up top . Maybe they just dragged the logs up on back of the load . Anyone knows how this really worked love to hear it .

  70. #70Hayesno12011-03-21 12:15

    Born2Clearcut; Super pictures - thanks for sharing them. Hopefully someone can add further information/history.

  71. #71Truckmodeler2011-03-21 13:43

    Jim Falconer has a good shot of another hayrack chunk truck on his page (Section 1, page 4) at Hanks Truck pictures. Looks like they pulled the logs up onto the truck with the overhead gantry and cable. Doesn't seem like a very versatile rig since it appears you need to line up the truck for your direction of pull.

  72. #72gologit2011-03-21 14:24

    You can also use a snatch block for an angled pull. When I was a kid my grandfather had a rig like that old KW 10 wheeler in the second picture. One guy on top to run the controls, one guy on the ground to run the rigging. The drum ran on a single rail and had dead-heads on the outside stringers. Us kids hated that thing. If you were on the ground you got to be a human haul-back, rigging slinger, setter, hooker, and, with two sets of rigging, you never stopped moving. It was the first job I ever had in the woods.

  73. #730752011-03-21 23:41

    If I remember right that bar acoss the top of the hayrack was powered to the back and the log hoisted up over the back then the bar was run to the front and the log (chunk) was pulled to front of the truck .Was fun to watch load ,the one they had in Zeballos(contractor) used to come onto your landing after work and load out your chunks, Or your bunk logs depending on who was watching

  74. #74Jumbo2011-03-22 13:07

    I would agree, around here they have a couple of septic tank delivery trucks with a similar set up, pick a load, trolley either front or back depending whether you want to load or unload. I have borrowed one to grab some firewood on occasion, and it worked well.

  75. #75skadill2011-03-31 22:41

    Top silver KW -Cloudburst Transport, Blue KW taken this winter

  76. #76HDX2011-04-01 23:27

    Sorry CL but that truck left the factory with 46-40 rear ends. 1964 HDX 32-80 Was not all that common but a fair number of HDXs came from the factory with 46-40s and 4700 rear ends. This truck was a logging truck most of its life and when Pete Giles from Messachie Lake had to switch over to highway truck she was sold to Van West Poles up here in Alberni and that is when the loader was installed for hauling cedar poles and sometimes they would haul salvage logs (Chunk Truck) It does make them look funny however they served their owners well Look at the Hayes Trucks thread and you will see the first HDXs were equipped with 4600 rears and upgraded later in the 50s when the 46-40 came out. By upgraded that meant that the housing was machined out to take the bigger bull gear that the 46-40 had The Hayes was a custom built truck so you could order anything you wanted Sometimes it would drive the engineers crazy but they would do it As a matter of fact I have a blueprint of a single axle HDX a customer was going to order now that looked strange

  77. #77trakloader2011-04-03 00:37

    Western Star Picker Photographed this 'Star today.

  78. #78KW850&T800H2011-04-03 00:46

    Now that's a Star. Nice rig, must have been serviced when the pics were takin.

  79. #79trakloader2011-04-03 00:49

    It was broke down. (Stars...)

  80. #80KW850&T800H2011-04-03 00:53

    Hey now, don't hate...it looks like the grapple was getting serviced though...which I'm sure is a Prentice..?

  81. #81lg junior2011-04-03 23:09

    Saw this in the new Loggers World thought it might be of interest to someone. Hope it turns out.

  82. #82skadill2011-04-11 21:43

    A load of mine on a friends truck last summer,and a photo of a fellow members nice short logger

  83. #83hoglogg2011-04-12 11:24

    sure would like to drive that pacific .. oh wait a minute i have ..... lol

  84. #84scotty 122011-04-26 19:56

    W900

  85. #85skadill2011-04-29 01:37

    tired loaders Western Star with Barko 130 taken this winter.79 Kenworth LW with barko 130 was Dad and I's old truck before.

  86. #86skadill2011-05-06 22:11

    Western Star Self loader A pole logging job this last winter.

  87. #87spitzair2011-05-09 22:28

    Found this Freightliner on a powerline job we're working on...

  88. #88A Brown2011-05-26 01:21

    We have a P510s Pacific w/10-28 Vanguard loader to post soon.Her name is "Alice"

  89. #89A Brown2011-05-26 01:25

    We have a real nice Pacific w/Loader & a Cummins/18spd.Maybe you can learn on it!

  90. #90A Brown2011-05-26 01:30

    I think there is a picture of our "Alice" green Pacific on page 3.

  91. #91skadill2011-05-26 22:32

    loader trucks Freightliner taken last winter,Hayes unknown

  92. #92SPMiller2011-06-19 03:33
  93. #93A Brown2011-06-19 13:26

    Pacific P510s "Alice" is for sale --Andy (250)285-2239

  94. #9464Pacific2011-06-21 16:14

    Some more photos and pictures of "Alice" on my website: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/ClassDetail.php?ID=10

  95. #95Redwood Climber2011-07-26 00:41

    Crown 3200 So, guys, I just bought a Crown 3200 on a Pete. Yes, I have pictures, I still don't have the ability to post them yet..........still working on that one. Anyone know who sells parts for these (the Crown that is.....)? Hoses are a given, but valves, swing motors & such, where does a guy go for parts? With my limited knowledge of computer searching, I've not found much info.......Thanks for any info you have. You guys are a tremendous wealth of knowledge.

  96. #96lg junior2011-07-26 22:26

    I had a crown loader for a while, the later ones were built by Danebo part of the Ross Corporation which is long gone. When I bought my 215 Grizzly I started doing business with Crane Equipment Manufacturing in the Eugene-Springfield area. Mike and the guys there have been extremely helpful and their parts are very reasonable. They have exchange valves, pumps etc. and they also build their own cylinders. Since most of of your components are fairly common you should have no problem, just give them a call, let Mike know what you have and you should be in business. Good luck.

  97. #97Redwood Climber2011-07-27 08:57

    Crown 3200 Parts Thanks Lg Junior! I don't have any specific parts need right now, down the road I will need a couple of grapple cylinder rods. This loader sat for a year on the coast. The grapples were closed, which meant the rods were exposed. They are slightly pitted but I think we will clean them up for now & see how they do. I'd like to have a place to go when the time comes. It always does with a self loader, like everything else, if you use it, it wears out or breaks. Thanks again.

  98. #98will202011-10-08 22:50

    hi everyone, im new to the whole logging truck thing i drive demo trucks for my stepdad and am thinking of buying a self loading logging truck the only problem is i no nothing about logging or different trees how to load the trucks iv gone to the library to see if there are book that might help nothing then i found this site while looking at some pictures if somone has some advise and could help me plz post me back Thank You

  99. #99Greatwestcam2011-10-15 18:32

    Pacific P500 Here is a good old working unit. Still going strong!

  100. #100SPMiller2011-10-26 01:18

    taken today

  101. #101morepork tree's2011-11-19 20:18

    a nz self loading logging truck in action can someone please t ell what sort of truck model it is cheers [video=youtube;7Au-UOPZYLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Au-UOPZYLc[/video]

  102. #102lg junior2011-11-19 21:44

    It appears to be a Kenworth.

  103. #103skadill2011-11-19 22:14

    Kenworth C500 Self loader A beautiful C500 KW with a Barko 130 shiny new.W.R. Addison truck.shared photo that must be well over 20 years old.

  104. #104morepork tree's2011-11-19 22:28

    It appears to be a Kenworth.[/QUOTE] thanks im do u no the specs on it

  105. #105spitzair2011-11-21 17:12

    I remember this truck! It belonged to Paul Heidenreich and he brought it to BC from an auction in Alberta. It hauled 13 loads of alder off our property as it's first job. I haven't seen it around in quite some time, where did you find it?

  106. #106SPMiller2011-11-21 21:53

    It's getting retired soon, could be already. Dorman's timber has been using it in and around Harrison/Chehalis.

  107. #107skadill2011-11-24 20:49

    Western Stars A couple trucks that hauled off a pole job I was on last year doing the skidding with an excavator. http://www.youtube.com/user/skadill

  108. #108skadill2011-12-28 01:00

    Western Star Shared photo. http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  109. #109Under_Pressure2012-01-03 10:32

    Here in the Lake States (WI and UP/ Northern LP of MI particularly) for whatever reason self loading trucks have been the rule for as long as I have been alive. There are some loaderless trucks (almost always semi trailer type), but they are in the minority. Typically the only loaders on a job are either on a slasher or a forwarder, neither of which is well-suited for loading trucks, or has the time to do it. The majority of wood is cut into 8' (100" actually) lengths. The most common setup is straight truck + pup, though semi trailers with mid-mounted loaders can be found as well. I'm having trouble attaching pics, but the following links show some typical Michigan setups- because of MI's weight laws, set back front axles and 11 axles on the truck/trailer combo is the norm as it allows ~164k gvw if I recall correctly. http://usavehiclehub.com/trucks/image_gd/imagegd_big_inside.php?77577575.jpg https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/i...GXuXjMxfivJQNQnBehgxjZpkpBJFps9PIijVj_k_OcH4A

  110. #110Redwood Climber2012-01-03 21:28

    Welcome Under_Pressure Welcome to the Forum Sir! After 5 or so posts, log out then back in and you should be able to post pictures. I am looking forward to what you can teach us about your neck of the woods. Thanks!

  111. #111skadill2012-01-10 22:51

    Western Star self loader Shared pic. http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  112. #112owleater2012-01-16 04:31

    great looking trucks here

  113. #113Dunleavy2012-01-24 17:57

    Hi lg junior - I would like to use this image of yours in a NZ forestry training guide - could you please contact me [email protected] - thanks Deb

  114. #114skadill2012-02-21 23:47

    Self Loaders Old school and new school.Recent photos http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  115. #115skadill2012-04-22 21:10

    T800 Self Loader/Vanguard Crane Recent photo.Video of setup and loading at: http://youtu.be/_9lcBO5Qok4

  116. #116hoglogg2012-04-23 11:23

    wow what a great vid mr skadill i like that loader with the neat little cab,,, what a load of shrapnel also .. hard to make a neat load out of that crap eh ...

  117. #117SPMiller2012-05-17 13:38

    pair of pacific self loaders IMG_2780 by FortressPacific , on Flickr

  118. #118skadill2012-06-07 01:34

    Kenworth C500 Loader Truck Taken today,video at ; http://youtu.be/g-Nl1gTpVxo

  119. #119gologit2012-06-08 20:40

    Thanks, Skadill. Great stuff...as always.

  120. #120skadill2012-06-10 22:58

    Self Loaders Shared photos.

  121. #121hiwaylogger2012-07-05 23:58

    You seem to cover a lot of ground Skadill! Know of any Off Highway self loaders for sale? I know of a few sitting in Port McNeil but been many years since they hauled a load. Need something a little more roadworthy.

  122. #122skadill2012-07-06 00:44

    May still be for sale A video walk around I did a while back: http://youtu.be/i9LOw_qz95M

  123. #123KW850&T800H2012-07-07 18:41

    At a Ritchie Bros Auction last year, the red and white KW has to be my favourite! I also like all the tri-drives and it's interesting that last year logging equipment was selling like mad up here in Northern Alberta but this year it has slowed down a little bit. Enjoy the photos!

  124. #124KW850&T800H2012-07-07 18:43

    More from the same auction.

  125. #125KW850&T800H2012-07-07 18:45

    And the last few from the same auction. Not my best edit but that B&W turned out well

  126. #126KW850&T800H2012-07-07 18:48

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmHzMipv43I Here is a walk around done of it, not my best work but it's another look at it. Take a look at my other videos of rigs and logging if you're interested in Northern Alberta and central BC industries.

  127. #127skadill2012-08-09 00:33

    Mack Attack-Crew Cab! Photoed this last winter up Squamish way.

  128. #128skadill2012-09-09 21:07

    KW T800 Loader One of my summer activities this year.

  129. #129HDX2012-09-09 22:03

    Posting # 123 was **** Nimmo's truck from Lake Cowichan He used that truck around Franklin River and the NitNat for some years and I think 075 said he was up their way with it also Darryl has owned her for many years now Funny you got the truck picture without the family cat in there somewhere

  130. #130lg junior2012-09-09 23:27

    Here we have a couple of loads from last week.

  131. #131skadill2012-10-26 22:55

    Pacific Pacific Self Loader,shared photo.

  132. #132Caterpillar941b2012-11-20 19:33

    taken during the summer cleaning up the last bit of fire wood from a block

  133. #133johnson2012-11-30 16:55

    Volvo FH 15 self-loader I took this picture in my town in mid august less then a mile from my house,the weird thing is that the loading boom is in the back of the truck I never saw that before.

  134. #134Sigurd2012-12-01 17:04

    Johnson, this is a common setup here in Scandinavia for a long long time cause they always are pulling a pup that has to be loaded as well. Back in the day (in the sixties++) they used to have the loading crane behind the cab just like most setups here on this thread. Some cranes are easy detachable for increased payloads. Before this it was used winches with steel rope mounted on the truck for loading, but thats another story---- By the way, post #4 in this thread gives good info on the subject Regards Sigurd

  135. #135alaskaforby42013-01-05 20:35
  136. #136spitzair2013-01-05 22:04

    That would've been about the only school bus I would have loved to get on as a kid... I found this picture on the web some time ago, can't remember where... Sorta the same idea I guess...

  137. #137skadill2013-01-05 23:36

    KW Short Truck This is an old photo.This truck had a detroit in it.It was scrapped by its last owner a couple years ago when the engine went.It had the old school chain swing loader.

  138. #138skadill2013-01-17 00:39

    Same truck as above Found a photo I took from it's last working days a couple years ago.

  139. #13969hayes2013-01-17 12:36

    It was always fun changing out those swing chains when they broke,which was often.

  140. #140woodhauler2013-01-24 06:11

    My new one

  141. #141skadill2013-05-05 12:54

    T800 Logger/Lowbedder

  142. #142glenlunberg2013-08-06 23:08

    This looks cool. How much weight it can move or pull?

  143. #143SPMiller2014-04-13 14:05
  144. #144Caterpillar941b2014-04-14 13:37

    some nice sticks on that one!

  145. #145camptramp2014-06-11 01:07

    Blk prince

  146. #146Hayesno12014-08-19 14:34

    KW self loading truck near Stillwater summer 2014

  147. #147scotty 122014-10-28 23:56

    Jervis inlet Jervis inlet

  148. #148iceberg2102023-09-26 22:17

    What brand of log loader is it?

  149. #149IceHole2023-09-26 22:51

    What brand loader? Savage?

  150. #150lg junior2023-09-29 20:56

    I believe it was a Savage. When Savage went away Ross Equipment built some of them and they were painted blue and sold as United. I had two they were no improvement over the Savage. Thanks for the trip back in time.