Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Econmical Rear Auxillary Hydraulics on Bobcat S750

Abscraperguy ยท 2015-12-14 17:59

I'm needing to install rear auxiliary hydraulics on my S750 Bobcat. My local Bobcat dealership quoted me $4900 for the complete kit installed. The unfortunate fact is that I don't that much money to put towards that at this time. Do you know of cheaper options or maybe a slightly less user friendly option that would be cheaper?

Replies12
  1. #1DDoug2015-12-14 18:24

    Couple of tee fittings and more couplers ?

  2. #2Abscraperguy2015-12-14 18:30

    Dreaming of that but it's a rat's nest of hoses under the cab and I haven't figured out which hoses are the ones to tee into. My local Bobcat dealer won't give me any info and they say it's much too complicated to do myself. I didn't bother telling them that I'd grown up in a mechanic shop because I think the real point is, they want to do it themselves.

  3. #3Digdeep2015-12-14 21:59

    Is the machine still in warranty?

  4. #4DDoug2015-12-15 07:45

    Wouldn't you just trace down the arm from the outlets ? Should go into the left tower on the back eh ?

  5. #5lantraxco2015-12-15 12:18

    If you don't need front and rear at the same time, just use long hoses? Diverter valve?

  6. #6DDoug2015-12-15 14:21

    I have never seen a use for them out the back....please some more info.

  7. #7Digdeep2015-12-15 18:12

    Tree spade outriggers.

  8. #8DDoug2015-12-16 07:11

    So you'll want a separate valve arrangement then.

  9. #9Digdeep2015-12-16 09:44

    There was a kit for rear hydraulics when I sold Bobcats. It included "Ts" couplers, hoses, and a solenoid if I remember correctly. If the machine is in warranty I could understand the dealer not wanting anyone installing it outside of the dealership.

  10. #10Abscraperguy2015-12-16 14:19

    Or in my case I need to drill some frozen ground and need more weight on the bit. It's off of warranty. Ok here's another idea for everyone's consideration. If the auxiliary hydraulics were locked on then we could use the auxiliaries as a "power beyond". This power beyond could feed a complete set of electro-hydraulic valving to control all attachments functions including forward-reverse. The problem with this scenario is cost. Unless someone knows how to do it cheap.

  11. #11crewchief8882015-12-16 20:00

    i wouldnt want to be the next mechanic that tries to work on the conglomeration of hyd hoses you'll have wound around the machine. just my $0.02 :drinkup

  12. #12durallymax2015-12-19 22:33

    So basically you want to add rear rams to your machine? I would just tap into a charge pressure line somewhere and use an electronic over hydraulic valve to actuate it. Not complicated or expensive.