Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tl140 drive motor

Fix it ยท 2015-12-14 13:52

I have a takeuchi tl140 when it gets below 50 degrees the right drive motor will not reverse. after you drive it forward for a while reverse works fine any ideas

Replies3
  1. #1jcmaddox32016-03-02 10:18

    Hi, I have the same trouble with my t140. The left track won't move forward until the hyd sys warms. Drive it in n reverse for several minutes and it works fine. A retired tak mechanic diagnosed it as tandem pump failure. I find this hard to believe because it's strong after it frees up. This has been occurring over a year now. I'll let you know if I find the culprit. Thanks, JM

  2. #2mikebramel2016-03-02 10:43

    You'll have to find what the pilot pressure is to stroke it to reverse. Run the test with the servo connected and unconnected. Hopefully there won't be much of a difference. If that checks out good, check the outlet pressure to the motor when you reverse it. Of course, if the resistance is rising you would be able to hear the engine load

  3. #3lantraxco2016-03-02 12:41

    Crossport relief cartridge?