Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EDER brand excavators

trombeur ยท 2020-06-25 12:15

EDER brand excavators: hi sorry if i open this thread. browsing a site of used machinery, I found eder brand excavators. you know this German brand I believe. thank you EDER BAGGER

Replies6
  1. #1DEMLONE702020-06-25 13:07

    German brand

  2. #2uffex2020-06-25 15:40

    Made machines for Cat at one stage Ederpillar

  3. #3trombeur2020-06-25 23:41

    I did a short research, the Hatra TROSS brand emerged. there are many manufacturers now closed and absorbed, there is a lot of confusion in the used market.

  4. #4madelenavence2022-07-15 09:59

    German production has always been famous for its high quality of production. German machines can work for more than 10 years without breakdowns and are therefore more expensive. When I needed to buy several excavators, I looked for one made in Germany. I quickly found an excavator I was looking for because I found a good site with a lot of used equipment ads. Buying equipment from the salon is too expensive, so I decided to buy used, and I didn't regret it.

  5. #5Welder Dave2022-07-15 16:39

    German machines break down just the same as anything else. There can be better or worse in terms of reliability. Just being made in Germany isn't a guarantee of better reliability.

  6. #6OzDozer2022-07-18 04:25

    A machine is only as good as the parts and service backup. Eder ceased construction of the Eder range of excavators over 20 years ago. The Eder company purchased the loss-making Atlas-Weyhausen business in 1999, ran it for 2 years until 2001, then sold Atlas-Weyhausen to Terex - who immediately closed 2 Atlas-Weyhausen factories, and fired 800 employees. Eder licked their financial wounds and re-organised under a new name and company structure, now called "EWJ Baumaschinen". I gain the impression that if you own an Eder excavator, you own an "orphan", and good luck with acquiring any support or parts for one. https://ewj-baumaschinen.de/unternehmen