Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eel River steelworks

hjetty ยท 2010-08-25 23:03

Has anyone used any of there products; ott tracks or grapples? I saw their website and was certainaly interested. Pros or Cons. Thanks, Hjetty

Replies3
  1. #1Orchard Ex2010-08-26 21:58

    I had one of their grapples. 72" with the extra bars and end plates to make it a rock bucket. It was well built and worked well, but too heavy for what I needed. Sold it to a buddy with a bigger loader than I have who uses it a lot and really likes it. The folks at Eel River are very nice to work with.

  2. #2hjetty2010-08-26 22:57

    thanks for the feed back. they did sound very nice and helpfil on the phone. i liked the looks of the grapple. was wondering if it was heavy enough for stacking trees after the tree saw and light demo work. thought the tracks looked simple enough like the way they would clean out

  3. #3Orchard Ex2010-08-27 13:13

    That's what my buddy uses it for. He has a tree service and put it on a Tak TL250. His machine is a monster and he is able to bend the tips of the grapple arms if he's not paying attention. To be fair, he has also ripped the teeth and shanks off of his digging bucket that came with the machine and bent several other things with it so... He likes that the trees will roll back into the curve of the grapple and he can easily stack them on a small log trailer to transport them. I used it on an LS 170 skid steer and a Kubota L39. I couldn't bend it with either of those if I tried. Was great for stacking brush and such. He borrowed it enough that he just bought it from me.