Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

comments on JCB track skid steers needed

lake side bob ยท 2010-08-27 07:39

I am thinking of purchasing a used JCB tracked skid steer the 1110T model. Does any one have any comments and experience with JCB skid steer loaders? How well does the machine hold up in construction work? What are the machines problems, I read some where else that electrical wiring is a problem? How well does the company support the machines? What is the replacement parts situation? If you have used a JCB skid steer and other manufacturers makes of skid steer loaders please compare the various makes of machines, what do you think of them? Thank you for any comments you may submit.

Replies3
  1. #1xcmark2010-08-29 11:15

    Mine has 1870 hours on it , parts dont seam t be much of problem I have a JCB dealer about 40 mins from my house and they have a fair amount of stock on hand. Never any issue with Maint items being instock and some of the filters can be found at napa(so I have been told). Mine at 1500 hours had tracks and the undercarrege done (idlers , sprockets) wasnt cheap so keep thisin mind. It wasnt as much $ as cat but its a good piece of change! Mine is a 2003 model year , the pilot controls are nice but not as accurite as other machines I have run . A sepesion seat would be nice to have also. I havent hand any real problems with it , It pushes like a bulldozer and has no problem up rooting 12" soft wood stumps with a 72" tooth bucket in 3 scoops . Motor has a good amount of power and really doenst need more then 3/4 trottle (92 hp perkins turbo motor) . It doesnt like to start under 15*f without a block heater or a sniff, mine doesnt have the intake heater option or glow plugs. basicly its a work horse , no frills cab with good vision all around. Cab heat is ok and winter use for snow is no problem .

  2. #2xcmark2010-09-02 09:26

    seams like I shot myself in the foot! I now have a leak in the line going out to the drive motor on the left side. pulled the top of the track over to see whats going on, well the steel lines comming threw the hull have rust on the fittings and need to be replaced. So I head off the local stealer and have them price up the job because I dont have the time or spare equipment to lift heavy parts......... sticker shock wasnt the labor part ! Parts are way to expensive even with a discount! one steel line that is 18" long with a fitting on each end and a plate the bolts to the hull $650.00 parts only! the entire job is roughly $4400 for both sides . $3400 in parts and 8 hours labor ***!

  3. #3T GRIMM2010-09-03 21:37

    never owned a jcb skider b4 but i have ran one, i found it very akward getting in and out and the lap bar was a pane to get down, but after getting it going i found it to have great power and quick response.