Been looking for one of these for a while now not to many of them around here in the Northeast.This one showed up on Craigslist in CT and I brought it home. It is a 1965 103MC (Marine Corp model) serial # 1033148. It runs and steers the Detroit 6V-71 smokes until warmed up.Plan on doing a light resto on it.I need a maintenance and parts manual looked all over the internet and no luck.Let me know if you have one that you would be willing to sell or make a copy. (will pay copying cost) Also it has #'s "48 11921" on each side of the hood can anyone tell what they mean? maybe the numbers are the army base that it came from? Will post more pics. Thanks Mike in CT.
more pics.
last ones.
The numbers on the hood reflect the registration number on the ID plate, used to be all US Mil equipment had their unique number painted on the sides of the hood but I believe is no longer done. The 6V71 series in the machine is a good engine if you like Detroits. You may want to try Sandvik as to any archive materials as they bought Eimco in '89: http://mining.sandvik.com/sandvik/0...S003715.nsf/LookupAdm/BannerForm?OpenDocument
Ok thanks for the input. I missed that the hood #'s were the same as the registration # on the ID plate.I kind of have a love hate relationship with Detroits I love that they always start and are dependable but sometimes hate listening to them scream. The first half hour is ok but after that it can get old. Also would like to find a winch and the front blade rippers for this machine if anyone knows of any around.Do the Emicos use a pto winch or a hydraulic type?
the hood number is a number that is put on at receiving into the military system. 48 indicates bulldozer for the navy. your machine probbally spent time at davisville ri with the seabee's
I would suggest looking on the cowl for a shadow of the standard SEABEE logo. The Eimco you have here has Navy numbers and was more than likely a SEABEE unit. I was unlucky enough to be assigned to one of these while in VN. It is a little hairy when coming off a bank with the blade in front of your nose. Kinda spooky. They also act weird because the reaction time for your blade has to be quick due to the fact that your basically riding on top of the blade instead of way behind like on a CAT. You don't see the change in grade as easily when you are on the front of the dozer. I think they were made for slushing out mines but are not the best for grade work.
I like it. Ear plugs , helmet for limb risers , couple gallons of oil for the 6v , ibuprofen for ringing ears , 12 beers , good Sunday afternoon toy. U/C looks pretty decent as well. You should put up a video of it. Also I would like history of manufacture. Its not a cat or deere for sure. Just a cool old piece.
Oh and that thing would spin around in its own footprint. One forward one reverse and you had the original bobcat dozer. Hahaha…fun but pretty useless. Oh and yes, I forgot how loud they were.
NEW TO ME - 1965 Eimco Dozer 103MC / M 64 - (less the rear ripper) Runs and drives beautifully - restored completely by the previous owner and ready to clear some trees and rough in some roads. Any one have a manual or documentation on these beasts? Happy to pay for copies ....