Yair . . . I mentioned on the slot dozing thread loading trucks with dozers. Could only find this poor quality B&W picture but this is a large and elaborate Chinaman. it may be of interest to some. The ones I loaded over were much smaller, often with two suitably spaced trees for the sill posts http://www.territorystories.nt.gov.au/handle/10070/70763 Cheers.
Just goes to show that anything is possible a few years ago I wanted to take a old dump truck and build a dirt ramp and load this way, take a couple pictures and say that "with us anything is possible you dream it we build it" or something similar but never got around to it, then I stumbled across a few pics in an old book I believe it was "the history of cat/holt" or something I'll see if I can find the write up and try to get a pic of it Pj
Old one right about here... https://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.2...7.248078&spn=0.000771,0.000972&num=1&t=h&z=20 Old county pit... left click on the ◄ up by the chain link, for a bigger view, if it works at all. OCR
Hey scrub I used to load trees on trucks using a similar method
Yair . . . that too Cam85 , a ramp with skids onto the jinker, I never messed with timber logs much though. Cheers.
Same device with the same name on this side of the ditch too scrub. Wouldn,t be a politicaly correct term now ! :drinkup