Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eimco

mackman · 2009-02-25 19:06

Getting ready to start restoring my old dozer.

Replies45
  1. #1td25c2009-02-25 19:15

    Look's like a good project.I like "rops" cab.

  2. #2mackman2009-02-25 19:17

    The front is a bad place to be without it!

  3. #3egoman2009-02-25 20:54

    Keep us informed . We wont see a lot of these restored anytime soon.

  4. #4mackman2009-02-25 21:01

    There aint very many of these dinosaurs left.

  5. #5willie592009-02-25 21:38

    I believe your right, that's a fairly old looking battery charger! :drinkup

  6. #6td25c2009-02-25 21:42

    They are a unique machien.Yours look's to be in good shape for restoring.It's not beet up like some tractors.How are the track's,engine,transmission.The blade look's good for wear.You can tell alot about a tractor by looking at the blade,foot pedels&levers.It's good you have it inside .

  7. #7mackman2009-02-25 22:32

    It runs like a top. It's will roll the dirt over the blade. I have some track repairs to make but other than that it will mostly be cosmetic.

  8. #8willie592009-02-25 22:50

    That's a nice looking project machine. I'd say that Detroit is a bit noisy with those straight pipes. Can't wait to see it painted.

  9. #9surfer-joe2009-02-25 23:28

    That is about the ugliest home-made cage I ever saw on a dozer, and I've seen some doozies. I would hope you cut it off as it really destroys the looks of the tractor. Besides, canopies or ROPS's were not required on the machines of that era. Good luck and show some pics when you are complete.

  10. #10334 lawn co2009-02-25 23:32

    definately want to see it when youre thru

  11. #11bear2009-02-26 03:16

    That is a wild looking rig there never seen one. Took me a minute to figure out where the operator's station is on it, and i find I like where it is except for backing up that would be rough. Cant wait to see what she looks like when youre done.

  12. #12hardtail2009-02-26 14:18

    That might be a bit harsh SJ :beatsme......lol, I'm not sure it would even make the top ten might be a good thread. Those that ran em seemed to really like them, specially if you were half deaf to start with, dirtwork they would be handy as you have a great field of view but brushin I don't think I want a front row seat.......LOL Good luck and keep us posted on your progress........

  13. #13surfer-joe2009-02-26 14:46

    Aw, come on, hardtail, having a Bamboo Viper or a Monkey drop in your lap when pushing down trees and tall brush with an Eimco is about the most excitement you can have with your clothes on! Not that this also did not happen with a TD15 or TD20 as well. The V6-71 Detroits were very loud in these machines. After a 10-12 hour day on top of one, all you could hear was a loud buzzing in your ears that persisted on into the next several hours. The vision of the blade was excellent. One of the machines best features in fact. Surprising too, was that you were really forward of most of the dust and heat created by the tractor.

  14. #14hardtail2009-02-26 15:39

    LOL I'll take your word on it........at least on a conventional dozer thaey would likely have to hop or slither to get to you........

  15. #15mackman2009-02-26 16:05

    It's not that bad. I did have to buy a trashbag full of earplugs.

  16. #16egoman2009-02-26 17:51

    You got lots of people interested in this machine. Keep sending in lots of pictures and lets see the progress.

  17. #17mlseel724092009-04-13 11:45

    I know a guy that has 3 of these and a few other eimco dozers, a 103 103c(this one works) and a few others. He also has manuels and historical info. If you're interested in anything shoot back a message.

  18. #18mackman2009-04-14 08:52

    Anything you may have would be appreciated. I have been trying to gather bits of info along the way THANKS!

  19. #19mlseel724092009-04-14 20:41

    I don't know what u need. we have manuels and information, but you need to be more specific.

  20. #20Taylortractornu2009-04-14 21:41

    Ive got a few pics of and Eimco overloader in some bushes near here. Good luck on the restoration. Ive been wanting to get that overloader out here if the man would sell it.

  21. #21mackman2009-04-14 21:45

    I would like to see your pics.

  22. #22mlseel724092009-04-15 12:06

    I'd like to see those pics too. If theres anybody out there that knows about eimco transmissions I would like to talk to them. Having trouble with pump pressure, but not converter pressure. Pump pressure is supposed to be 60psi and it's only at 15psi at full throttle. torque converter pressure is at 160, normal psi. Any ideas. And no, the pump isn't bad. It's been tested.

  23. #23mackman2009-04-16 20:13

    Eimco pump pressure I am not sure if all the models are the same but mine will occasionaly get sluggish and you have to remove the round PTO cover plate on the rearend and inside is a sump screen that will pick up sludge you have to reach in and clean it out. If you need a photo I may be able to get one out of the shop manual. I don't know where the crap comes from in there but it will build up?

  24. #24mlseel724092009-04-17 09:58

    eimco trans mackman, if you could send a pic that would really help. That internal screen we have is on the front of the trans on ours. We cleaned out the oil regulator, but she's still real real sluggish. Any tips would help. Thanks

  25. #25mackman2009-04-19 17:08

    Give me a few days and I will get it dug out.

  26. #26Hjolli2009-04-19 18:42

    I shot this Eimco in Iceland some years ago. Originally a loader, they cut the sides of the bucket and used it as a dozer the rest of it´s life. At least this one had an enclosed cab. The told me that at a time the machine ran out of fuel with the loader arms up, and the operator was practically stuck inside the beast (the doors being in the sides).

  27. #27mackman2009-04-19 19:09

    Great pic I have only seen brochure photos of the eimco track loders.

  28. #28JGamble2009-04-20 19:29

    Gents, I am currently stuck on Camp Lejeune Nc. When I was in my old unit back in 2002, my Gunny told me I had to drive this old dozer to my shop so we could put her on a concrete slab as a monument for the engineers...ahh...that old EIMCO. Took me half a hour to start it, then I had a Marine sitting on the engine bay continuously sticking coolant and oil into the motor to get it to her final resting place. If I could get some more info on this great beast, I would be happy to share pics of her....I would love to tell this Gunny something he doesnt know....lol... Kind Regards, Sgt G

  29. #29mackman2009-04-20 22:53

    I would love to see some pics of the dozer. A fellow who lived near me had 18 of them at one time that is where most of them around here originated from. Before the old man passed away I bought some of the spare parts and had a copy of the manuel made which was a project because the guy at the print shop was affraid he would get in trouble duplicating government info. There is still one section I don't have that had to do with recall repairs that because of the wording he refused to copy. ointhead The book has all kinds of cool info, my favorite section in the book is how to destroy it if it is in danger of being captured. It tells how to sink it, burn it and even where to place the charges and what size to use to blow it up! Back in the day some of the features on the eimco other than sitting on the front were at the time fairly new features to dozers for that time like modulated power shift transmissions, counter rotating tracks, and hyd tilt which still make them fairly easy to run. I have to post a page or two with some hyd info for another gentelman so I will try to post the page on how to blow it up. If you can get any history on your machine let me know.:notworthy

  30. #30td25c2009-04-20 23:15

    I have bought equipment from a man that had some eimco dozers.His shop was at centerpiont IN.He was very knowlegable about equipment.He pased away maybe 5 or 6 years ago.I miss talking to him.He was from the old school.

  31. #31mackman2009-04-25 19:08

    That is the same guy. I live about 3 mile from where he lived.

  32. #32td25c2009-04-25 19:47

    That makes sense.I dident know what an Eimco was till I met him.He always had alot of interesting equipment in his inventory.And was always helpfull about finding parts.Good luck with the eimco project mackman.

  33. #33mlseel724092009-05-21 10:46

    can u tell me where the base is that they displayed that dozer?

  34. #34mlseel724092009-05-21 10:48

    I have that manuel too. If you want I can print some out for you, and by the way, is there any way to get ahold of any more parts?

  35. #35JGamble2009-05-21 19:43

    Camp Lejeune NC, McHugh Blvd, front of FC-200. PM me if you would like a tour, I can give you my number and talk....

  36. #36bear2009-05-23 04:39

    Mackman how's the old girl coming along? Hope it going good for you.

  37. #37mlseel724092009-05-26 10:41

    Yeah that would be great to talk to you. Is there anyway we can get a few pics of that old dozer? We have 3 of those old m-64s out here. 2 are just parts and the other one has the engine out on account of it lost a cylinder.

  38. #38VFW_HAL2009-12-11 20:33

    MACKMAN - If you don't already you are going to love that little dozer. Keep us posted on your progress and problems. I love mine and if I figure it out will post a picture. Presently rebuilding a track tensoning cylnder and it it stops raining I'll go take a picture.

  39. #39mackman2009-12-11 21:56

    I bought two more dozers. Mommy isn't real proud. It will be ok. I have one home. I will try and get some photos posted. The other is up north probably won't go after it till spring. It is pretty well a parts machine. I have been tied up I will try and get those tentioner pages posted from my books. I don't have part numbers just an exploded view of the parts.

  40. #40JGamble2009-12-20 20:11

    pm me if you want a ##

  41. #41truklodyte2009-12-27 06:15

    I personally thought the eimco was a little ahead of its time.Because now look at some of the newer machines the operator has been moved forward.But for an all around mechine the Eimco is it Better visibility easier to keep a grade,less damage occurs with this feature .

  42. #42rsntacora2013-03-18 20:41

    Hello! ... I also have an Eimco 103C 1966 dozer, serial # 1033555. It runs and works very well with a 6V71 Detroit engine. I took away the winch and adapted an IH 250 ripper. The hydraulic oil level indicator (dip stick) was stolen and don't know the hydraulic oil capacity. I Need the stick measure with max. and min. and the tank full capacity. Can anyone help me with this ? I'm also looking for any operators or shop manual. Thanks.

  43. #43skadill2013-03-19 00:36

    1958 Eimco 46,000 lb machine,called an overloader.found this in the weeds a few weeks ago.have a video walk around of it too,will post one day.

  44. #44skadill2013-03-19 00:47

    few more Was so 'in the weeds' it was difficult to get good pics.Last pic is one I found a couple years ago,I think it may have been a dozer though.

  45. #45indian3472013-04-14 21:27

    Boy would it be a treat to try that ! Just to compare to a rear seat has to be a different feeling ! Visibility has to be outstanding ! Funny the doser has 2 top rollers and the loader only one.Looks to be about the size of a older D7 F. Jim