Hi, my names Harry and I am from Germany. Two weeks ago I bought a TB180FR which should help building my daughters house. We had 1 full day and another 1/2 day of work without any trouble then the TB180 developed some strange things. When the key is turned in the ACC position the control lamps for speed, glow circuit and deceleration start flickering as is the lamp in the auto decel button and the warning buzzer starts chirping. If you start the engine and have choosen a higher speed the deceleration circuit starts pulling on the throttle cable and as a result the enging is revving up and down. If I but the engine speed dial to low it stays in idle but the mentioned warning lamps and the relais for ther decel circuit , the relais for the 4th aux circuit and the valve for the speed are klicking. I can say I checked everything I could think of: GND problems, potential differences, voltage drops, cable breaks, harness problems, shorts, the whole nine yards. I am an electronic engineer so I know a thing or two about that. I am also working for Bosch Rexroth and our company is in a lot of well known brands of heavy equipment. We have valves, pumps, motors, controllers so I am quite familiar with the standard equipm. of an excavator. I could not find any problem. Everything points towards the internal controller for all the safety an instrument cluster functions. I read the manuals, studied the electric / hydraulic circuits and the problem got worse.. it comes and goes. Last situation is the problem did disappear, the TB180 was ok and idling for about 15min and then suddenly without any action ( nobody was on the machine...) the problem appeared again. I attach some pics. Did somebody every experience a similar behaviour? best regards from Germany cheers Harald
I forgot: the TB180FR is from 2006 with 5100h on the clock cheers Harald
Under the monitor assembly, the harness is contorted and oversized for the available room. I've had horn issues, travel issues, idiot light flickering, and a few other "gremlins" on all four of my TB180FR machines. Remove right side console and monitor hardware, and reevaluate when the console isn't fastened. It has always been a crushed or grounded wire on mine.
Hallo sir, ich habe auch eine takeuchi tb180 fr und ich habe die gleichen problème wie ihre machine. Haben sie es geschafft das problème? Danke und guten tag
Sorry to dig up an old thread but did the op ever fix his problem? I'm having an issue with the glow plugs and the rabbit flashing.
Mike what is the issue with the glow plugs and rabbit mode ?
They are flashing when I crank the machine. It also doesn't idle properly.
Mike did you fix the issue I have the same problem and have replaced the throttle actuator and the instrument cluster display and still have issues
No. We have not fixed the problem. My boss rigged it where the throttle would stay open/full. He is gonna take it to the local dealer and get it fixed when we get free time. If I find out the cause and fix I will share what I learned.
My mini Takeuchi tb225,throttle stopped responding too, and would only idle. I traced my steps back and figured it out. It stooped working after I moved the throttle cable while trying to measure for a block heater for yanmar engine. I pulled the control power fuses and main power fuses, after putting them back in everything worked. Happened again when installing the block heater too ( I moved the throttle cable again I guess) removed the fuses and controls worked again.. note, when the control stopped responding the mini working, You could still start it while the safety lever down..
Did the problem ever get fixed???
The throttle is unstable. Have you checked your speed sensor?
Funny thing is, every time I ask or search for where something is located, and what it looks like, the reply keeps sending me back to owners manual, parts manual, or service/shop manual, and they're about useless. I don't know if there's a professional factory dealer manual or not, but the ones i have aren't very helpful with locating and identifying sensors,and electronic modules and controllers. They give just enough info to get you in trouble. So, no i haven't checked it. Wish the manuals had a where to find it section with clear photos of parts in question.