Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

320 bogging

jook24 ยท 2017-07-01 19:44

my 320b excavator is bogging when i use 2 implements at same time if i just use one its good driving is good unless i spin one forward and the other one back had cat check it out said pressuers are good figuers throttle control or injectors and pump but it runs real good dosn't smoke when it boggs down.

Replies11
  1. #1Bls repair2017-07-01 20:20

    Some bogging is normal ,is the rpm where it should be

  2. #2jook242017-07-01 22:51

    Set at 2150 drops bout 400 think little execesive my 315 bout 100 drop

  3. #3hvy 1ton2017-07-01 23:12

    Is this just moving functions or digging? 400 rpm drop should near full load if the engine in running well.

  4. #4jook242017-07-01 23:42

    Stick boom or lift and swing etc.motor runs real nice no smoke when it lugs down no smoke other wise eather

  5. #5Mobiltech2017-07-02 17:43

    Sounds like the pump control valve is set a little high. It should pull down about 200 to 300 rpm. It could also be a low engine power problem. You should check fuel pressure and boost too.

  6. #6jook242017-07-02 19:52

    I figured since local cat checked hyd. They were at spec. I will check fuel presure when I get it home this week ill repost

  7. #7jook242017-07-04 21:49

    i tried to day to run it in the manual mode were you bypass the computer and it doesn't pull down near as much seems normal any ideas on what I should replace.

  8. #8Mobiltech2017-07-11 09:43

    The prv valve controls pump flow . It is controlled by the ecm. It would be nice to test it and calibrate it first. Ask your service guys if they did a prv calibration. That should have been part of the hydraulic test.

  9. #9jook242017-07-12 20:24

    I went in to service mode today pressure at idle showed 2980 put the engine half throttle and it went to 1350 when I moved hydraulics then I went to pressure settings H-3/L-1 settings if I leave it in the H mode it works fine but when I put it in L mode it powers down so ran it in the H mode today.The service guy said I needed new injection pump /injectors and new throttle control .Said he couldn't calabrate the throttle so I did it yesterday think they like to sell parts.

  10. #10jook242017-07-15 10:12

    Got excavator home last night put my cat gauge on there. High read bout 200psi my gauge just has 100 increpments so not to sure what low side was,so start moving the pressure just over 300psi. low side not sure but kept setting it trying it now it dosn't bog down.Before i started high was on -3 now its at +8 low side was -1 now its at +6

  11. #11Mobiltech2017-07-20 09:06

    I wonder if you're prv is getting weak. The high side should be 363 psi and low 73 psi during calibration. I like to set the high to about 340 for a little more engine load.