I am not sure what happen but the battery blew up and caused a fire or the fuel tank started leaking and caused a fire then the battery blew up. What I need some information on is how to remove the fuel tank so I can check it and see what happen. We got the fire out fast so it is not too bad but the main harness is bad.
Looks like I am going to get as much help on here as I got from the dealer. They say it takes 43 hours to change the tank. I sent a email to the factory to see if they will help with any labor or parts. Machine only has 200 hours on it. I guess if I can't get them to help I will pull the engine my self I am not going to pay them $4,000.00 to remove a engine in a machine that has 200 hours on it.
No warranty on a brand new machine? S750 came out just a year or two ago didn't it?
Engine has to be removed, factory and dealer refused to help a local guy also. He threatened to buy a Cat, they still wouldn't help. Bought a new Cat the next day. Bobcat builds a great machine but their customer service in our area is what has been loosing their sales.
The warranty time has ran out on the machine. Haven't heard any thing back from bobcat but I think I know the answer. I will be fixing it myself. I am glad where I eat or not doesn't depend on this machine or I would be in big trouble. I quess I am also glad the machine is paid for and I have the shop to work in and the money to buy the parts to repair it. I sure know after I get it running I will be looking at getting it gone.
what control system is in machine? sjc or standard? should take only a day to remove engine and pump assembly hour to pull tank replace the wiring (no idea on time for that one) and a day to knock out the engine refit words of advice boom in air remove hyd oil before starting empty coolant system remove both rear wheels and cover plates behind them rest is pretty standard to anyone with basic mechanical knowledge
First off i would be looking for the cause then the fix! What was you doing with the machine at the time of the fire?Was you working around fire? Did you have elcrtial wiring rub and short out.Alternator over charging?If you can find something that was a factory issue then you might get some help,if working around fire then probably not.Good luck
Is the machine not insured? I was mulching and a line blew, spraying hot oil all over the muffler and manifold which of course started a fire. I got it out relatively quickly, but it was still $12K in repairs. Insurance picked it up, the machine has been flawless ever since the repair, but yours sounds worse than mine was. This will likely be very expensive even if you do the work yourself.
Yes the machine is insured but you know how that goes it is pay now or pay later.
How long ago did the warranty expire, and did you buy the machine new?
Agreed its not free certainly, but these are the reasons you have insurance in the first place. If this is not worthy of a claim what is? The amount of electronics in these machines now is surreal. Troubleshooting after a fire could be interesting. If you need some entertainment this Winter this will certainly provide it. Good luck.
out of warranty I feel your pain with a machine with low usage and hrs. I would install a temp fuel cell on the top of the cab, install a battery, and haul it to the dealer, pay a one hour labor and get repair quote. I understand about the warranty issues but the dealer has to look at the machine before a policy adjustment could even be addressed. It being returned to the dealer (all work is FOB) and trouble shooting time in most cases are customer billed but you still have to give them a chance if you are hoping for help. The thing you have here is it could be bad connects on the battery cables, bad battery, fuel tank seam crack/ muffler plug missing (spark arrester) blowing hot gases/sparks (depending on the location), over charging, harness rub. Then there is the field mice that eat threw the harness and short things out. You need to take good picks and document what you find. Some times they say there is no problems but several other machines have done the same thing at the factory level at other locations that will cause a service bulletin to come out and a possible win for you with a repair. Sometimes they will pay for parts and labor and some time just parts. So you should run it by the dealer if possible and let them tell you what happened, then work the policy adjustment request with the area rep or get Doosan also involved with your concerns. They can not give you a answer until the machine is looked at when it's out of warranty, and knowing the cost of parts and labor I would haul it in, pay a hours worth and go from there. I have had some good luck with bobcat and other dealers doing this before, I have a machine at a dealer as we speak that is being fixed in a out of warranty 6 months with less than 200hrs repair that they are picking the whole tab up. Don't give up!!!!
I will try to answer some questions and comments. Yes I did but the machine new. With the insurance I have a very high deductable. Can't put a side fuel tank and battery to make it run the wiring is gone were the battery was. I worked on it this weekend and got the wiring harness out. That was a big job. The harness runs completely around the machine. Sure would have been nice if the harness would have been two piece. I sure don't think running the main harness over the battery is a good idea. I thought about splicing it but the machine is too new for that.