Need Info ! .... Anyone ever built or modified an attachment for a BC-Skid ? where you had to buy the solenoid controlled valve bank to electronicaly control the attachment with the machine equiped 7 or 14 pin harness to run power beyond the machine, such as the ones used on a snow-blower to turn the schute and tip the spout providing continuous power to the hyd motors .... or to a stump grinder where you are swinging left/right, up/down and having cont. power to the motor ...... or to a soil conditioner/rock rake, angle left/right raise up/down and cont. drive the drum forwards or backwards rotation ..... Without going to the OEM and paying thru the nose ! I am custom building a large sized Rock rake/ soil conditioner simular to BC's, but with a drum that is twice as large in diam. with 160-3" tall teeth and alot wider as well. We already have a narrower manual version in use for about 7 yrs now, and it works really well putting the other OEM ones to shame This one we're building I want to be able to control from my in Cab joy sticks, every time I try to find these valve banks I run into a wall .... :beatsme ..... :Banghead Any Tips would be Great ....... :drinkup
Try these guys. https://www.surpluscenter.com/ jr
Thanx jrtraderny ...... I down loaded their cat. and saved it on the desk-top. looked thru the whole thing .... may have to call them on Monday to see if they have what I didn't see in the cat. ..... close but no Cigar .... thanx again
WOW ! Can't believe there are no creative guys out there that build their own custom attachments, or with ideas on these 12v controled spools/valve blocks ???? OHH well I'll keep on searching .... LOL .... :Banghead
I'm HURT the only thing I could come up with it outrigger control valves they control 4 stations... up/down... in/out.... 16 function... or 8 if you just a front or rear... I don't know if they will flow the amount you need.... I suppose you could find a crane salvage ... and get a cheap used one,:drinkup I get half when you start selling these commercially
From what I have read, the Bobcat 14 pin connector is just a group of switched 12 circuits. The new Bobcat 7 pin is a digital data bus with a 12v power and ground wire. The controller on the attachment receives commands from the controller on the loader and then switches power to the hydraulic solenoids on the attachment. The prevailing belief is that it is some version of Controller Area Network (CAN-bus). This would be consistent with what a Bobcat salesman told me years ago. This allows the the attachments controller to talk to the Bobcat controller. The attachment can then tell the loader what it needs for proper hydraulic flow and provide the operator with operation information in the dash display. HERE is a paper about 4 North Dakota State University students that built a data logger for Bobcat's version of CAN-bus. If Bobcat is using a proprietary version of CAN-bus, you will probably have to buy a controller from them. There are threads out on the boards that state you can buy attachment controllers from Bobcat. I found this Controller from SkidsteerStuff.com that will allow you to operate new attachments on older loaders. His site also has adapters for some other applications and states he makes custom harnesses and adapters. I found a page that stated you could buy an adapter for a Harley Rake to allow you to control it from Bobcats new 7 pin connector. They wanted $800 for the adapter.
I know that this thread is a couple years old but I wanted to see this company was what you were looking for too. They carry electronic control valves, but I am not sure if they are the ones you need. Here is their website: http://proportionair.com/
I wound up saving up in my Piggy Bank to purchase the manifold c/w the ACD,and 2 wire harness's from Bobcat …..it was a nice chunk of change but the alternative would have been way more expensive ……… I took the idea to a place that has in-house hyd engineers …… they looked at the functions that I was asking for in the hyd manifold the outcome was close to a $1000 more than the one from BCat …. Once I had the new manifold in my hands I took it over to the hyd guru guys …. they looked at it and then seen exactly what it was that I was asking for …… again he told me that by the time they had a similar manifold machined c/w with the cartridges would still have been more money plus I still would have had to buy the 14 pin Deutsch connector and other hardware to complete the project. I am getting alot closer to project completion and it WILL (has to be …LOL) be completed this spring …. i've already got jobs booked for it after break-up … I may even be able to post some pics of it completed ……Cheers