Hi, I'm looking for photos from an elevating grader, like this: https://www.kramer.ca/images/stories/RM_of_White_Valley_No_49_Aug_10_2012/cats at work.jpg# Are some active????
That was in early editions of "Moving the Earth" as an attachment.
Quite the contrast in the picture you linked to. The M series blade sure looks out of place there.
That brings back memories of where I grew up in southern Saskatchewan. Kramer Tractor was and still is the major Cat distributor in Saskatchewan. The soil in southern Saskatchewan is particularly suited for constructing rural roads there. When I was a kid our local municipality had a pull type that they original pulled with an old Cat 60 and a pull type grader that they pulled with a second 60. They eventually acquired a D8 dozer to pull the elevating grader and a Cat #12 grader to build our roads. One 60 was retired as a parts machine and the other 60 was still used to pull a small cable scraper.
Sorry, I didn't proof my post. I meant to say that they constructed rural roads that way.
Wow. In my forty years I've never seen such a critter..
elevating grader Graderfan1981, These are some pics from a local thresheree and equipment show I went to, the pull type elevating grader is owned by the company I worked for before I retired.....no that's not the grader I ran for them, but I did run blades from 8t 12's right up to 160Ms....... blademan150
Here a motor grader with an elevating attachment: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209502564701356&set=gm.440560069612016&type=3&theater
I didn't know they were used for anything beside building and maintaining field terraces.