Good evening everyone..I am a motor grader operator with no experience looking to immigrate to Canada to find employment..I would appreciate any useful ideas that would help me..Thanks .
If you have no experience then you are not an operator. Get some experience.
Thanks skyking..
@skyking .. what's the minimum period that you'd recommend..?
Whatever it takes until you can get in a grader and grade a road quickly and efficiently. Some guys can manage to drive a truck for 30 years and they still can't do it, so length of time doesn't mean much. Also, you might try a loader or something to start with. If you have the basic intuition of an operator, you should be able to get good enough on a loader to be worth hiring in a week. A grader is probably on of the most difficult machines to master.
It is, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a grader operator. You just can't base your immigration on a skill that you don't have.
Mr Mwangi, Welcome to the forum. What kind of work do you do now in Nairobi? Are you currently a machine operator? I was in Nairobi in 1968 at the game reserve. Got chased by a mother rino in our Land Rover. I'm sure it has changed a lot since then. Good Luck with your move! DW
@accoals.. thanks..once I do that how will I be guaranteed of employment when I immigrate to Canada?
@ doublewide.. thanks.. I'm currently an airport operations instructor but I've tried to apply for airport vacancies in southwest airlines to no success.. I'm thinking plant operator would be more guaranteed vacancy in Canada..am I wrong..?
@doublewide .... funny mother rhino story..
Certifications and education levels have to be verifiable here and in CN, to get a position will have to Test, with no validatable skills and possibly not certified to N American Requirements education will have to address required education values here, essentially Start Over. As to hiring in as a Mid Range employee with no experience outside of your local area, good luck with that as does not happen.
Why Canada?
Being a good grader operator is more than steering it and operating the controls. It is being able to use it to its full potential in any given situaton and taking pride in the job you do. A few grader operators are very good, a lot are good, a lot are mediocre, and a few are terrible. The best grader operators i know or knew, had been doing it for 30 to 45 years. Other types of heavy equipment are far easier to learn and get good at in a shorter amount of time. Like most things, some people have a natural knack and ability for a type of skill and some don’t
I don't know how many times I have heards guy say something to the effect of "I know how to drive a ________ . Sure, so can my 7 year old, but can you operate it?
@d miller.. thanks.. you have any idea how much it would cost me and how much time for a fresh start ...?
@Vetech63 .. that would be because I have somebody living there and that would make the immigration process much more easier than for another country..also I'm assuming the pay is much higher than what I'm currently making..am I right..?
@56wrench .. thanks..
What are you making now ? and what exactly is it that you do ? Pay maybe higher, but how about the cost's of living ?
I'm currently making 152 USD per month as an airport operations instructor..my relative who's living in Canada say's it's better there than here ...
Can you expend two years of time and thousands of dollars US or CN to school to attempt a Certificate? In the US also requires a Associates Degree education. Is no guarantee of Acceptance nor of Completion
"airport operations instructor" equates to exactly what ? How to direct the operations at an airport ? Ground crews & the like ?
?..... I better not
Me neither
Tenastelin Mr Mwangi, Just to clarify.. the mother rhino was not in the Land Rover. We were in the Land Rover, trying to get away from the baboons when we came upon the rhino. It was all our driver could do to get away from her as he was driving in reverse. DW
Christopher, tell us a little bit about yourself? Also, why do you want to come to Canada?
@doublewide ..
@digger doug ..an airport operations instructor in an aviation training school..
@james [email protected] our country opportunities are scarce and go only to the politically connected or the wealthy..also 152USD pay here is merely enough..I would be willing to come there and work to raise the required cash to put me through an associate degree and anything else that I would require to be employed either in the airport or as an operator or civil engineering environment..as per our communication earlier I am writing to formally put in my request for an immediate emergency assistance..I would be willing to share all my credentials including police clearance certificates..Thank you for your kindness and consideration during this most difficult time..
This is a heavy equipment forum. Its where random guys from all over the world help each other fix their machines, hobnob and pipe off about what's wrong with the world. You are probably not going to find any emergency assistance from anybody here. You might talk to immigration officials or an immigration lawyer. To be perfectly honest, to many people from the West, the only contact they have had with a Kenyan has been with a scammer. Nobody with their head screwed on is going to hire or sponsor some random guy who shows up on an internet forum. Also to be straight, Kenyan credentials aren't going to be worth much of anything in the US, and I doubt in Canada either.
@accoals.. thanks..
@accoals..no response from immigration..
I am a licensed private pilot, and I don't understand what you mean.
Welcome to the Forums CKM! Had the opportunity to spend 6 weeks in Kenya back in the mid 90's. College buddy of mine that graduated 1 year before me joined the Peace Corps and was stationed in Taita Hills just east of Wundanyi. Spent those 6 weeks traveling from Nairobi to Mombasa. Memories that will last my lifetime. As others have said we here on HEF won't be much help on the immigration side of things but one thing I do know is here in the southeast US we are looking for men and women who want to work and further their career. You need to start out at the bottom and work your way up. As silly as it sounds one needs to learn how to grade with a rake and shovel before they even step foot in a machine. Best of luck and keep us posted!
If you get into Canada just about any job will pay more than $152/month. I don't know how the immigration process works but probably helps you have relatives here. You might be able to start off as a laborer for a landscaping or construction crew if you get through immigration. Good luck.
$152US a month?
@welder [email protected] ..@digger Doug teaching college students the conduct of airport activities ie safety..ramp handling.. security.. passenger services..fire services..
The world is a tough place to live in.
Better welfare bennys from the OP: "I am writing to formally put in my request for an immediate emergency assistance"
Also because Canada is generally easier to emigrate to than the US. It is extremely difficult for someone from a country like Kenya to legally emigrate to the US. The only easy ways into the US are to 1)Marry an American. 2) Have an employer sponsor you. Even with a sponsorship it can be very difficult for someone to enter with work skills in the labor/trades/blue collar segment.
Medicare is a huge reason Canada would be a better choice than the US.
@CM1995 ..the world is a tough place to live in.. you're right..