Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine bogs when using dipper

Ratmotorhead ยท 2017-06-18 23:03

Hello guys , I am slowly getting the bugs worked out of this 4300c linkbelt.i do have a problem when I use the dipper in function I get a bog in the motor as if the pump doesn't go into its high pressure mode and stays in a high volume mode.i have replaced fuel filter cleaned screen at lift pump ,and don't seem to have the problem during other functions. If I pull back hard on joystick for dipper in it doesn't seem to bog but if i try to feather it for fine grading it bogs and almost kills it. When I test my first and second pumps for pressure relief, I curl bucket in until it relieves at 4500lbs. When I test other pump I bring dipper in to get 4500lbs,but I get pressure showing on both guages untill it bogs motor.only one guage shows pressure when curling in bucket.could this mean relief valve on dipper side is bad? I am thinking that the main valves shows a loss of pressure during a function it strokes the pump for higher pressure ,what would cause the pump not to recieve this signal. This machine doesn't have solenoids for this just pilot operation,two signal lines going from ends of valve bank to block on pump. Any thoughts. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.