Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine for a loading shovel

Driver2022 · 2024-05-28 08:20

I need to replace the engine in my 1990s loading shovel. Where can I rob engines from that would fit in? Track machine , truck etc? Just wondering what would be set up correctly fueling and rev wise? I see a fair few track machines with the same engines as I need broken if it would be a direct swap?

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-05-28 08:36

    Machine make & model ? Current engine make & model ?

  2. #2Driver20222024-05-28 08:38

    Tcm 830 loader. Engine is a 6 cylinder isuzu

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-05-28 08:42

    Any model tag on that Isuzu ?

  4. #4Coaldust2024-05-29 00:23

    There was a dump truck guy, recently looking for a dump truck crankshaft. That’s the first thought that came to mind when I read this thread. At least, we have it narrowed down a bit in this one. Off to a good start.

  5. #5Driver20222024-05-29 04:40

    It's a 6bd1 engine. Just checked. Generally are lorry and track machine engines set up the same way as a loading engine would be ? Fuel and power wise

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-05-30 11:09

    I think the only used “drop in“ 6BD1 engine is going to be found from the same model loader. There are so many variables such as injection pumps , turbo/ non turbo and bell housings just as examples. Engine horsepower is generally what ever the machine manufacturer requires for the application. Some 6BD1 engines I see are , non turbo LX80 Hitachi loader at 97 hp. Hitachi LX100 loader at 115 hp. Hitachi EX200 excavator at 120 up. Truck engines up to 180 hp. . What‘s the issue with the current engine ?

  7. #7aidank2024-06-06 08:55

    A truck is usually different, well used to be anyway, droop was different. HeavyEquipmentForums track machine would be the same as loader i think. there is a paper somewhere online which explains the difference between A pump and P pump.