Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine heads. Familiar with 6SA1 engine in Link Belt?

fastline ยท 2022-10-04 21:19

Toying with a digger purchase that apparently has some sort of engine issue. I, of course will hope for a simple fix, but I NEVER get that lucky so I am trying to learn about these, if they are gold plated, easy to fix, parts, engine variants, etc? I see also the 6SD1 in some web data and not sure if that is basically the same? Hoping there are not several different variants of this engine. I say this because a couple yrs back I was talked into not fixing a GM 4.3L in a forklift and just "get one from a truck".... Yeah, that went very less than smoothly. Had to design and machine a custom LP intake adapter for it. SO loved that job!

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2022-10-05 21:31

    You might provide a model of the machine. I seem to remember the 6SD1 was used in 4300 size machines.