On one of my D4D machines that had the bad crank which I posted about a few months back & as mentioned before I have been searching for a replacement engine for the tractor & I came across yet another D330 engine, mounted to a generator for sale & this one is much closer to me (about a 3 hr drive). It has a Ser # 56B2091 Series A plate on the side of the engine (see close-up of the tag on the engine). I know it has a turbo according to the seller & was a standby generator, removed from a hospital & the seller claims it has low hours on it. Would anyone be able to run this Ser # for me & be able give some guidance as to the viability of using this engine in my D4D that needs the transplant? The tag on my bad engine was #78A 6909, Series D, same Ser # as on the tractor. I wanted to ask if a Series -A engine on this generator unit is much different from the Series D that was in the tractor & if with some persistence I could make it work?
They are both D330a engines but the configuration is quite different. The 56B has turbo (some turbo & after cooler) and rated 1800 FLRPM and 96 hp The 78A NA is rated at 1680 FLRPM and 65 hp The engines do not use the same governor group. The tractor has a different oil pump/scavenge and sump arrangement. All the items can be interchanged to a down rated configuration.
Thanks......Hope to go up to see it soon.