Hi guys! Back again and again with an insatiable curiosity I am looking for the fundamentals of “how-to” or procedure to follow if you want to stock on chassis an engine which is not going to run for a long period and maintain it from time to time. It certainly depends on the type/technology of the engine, but perhaps there are some similar/common steps to follow. I am not improvising myself as an expert (If the procedure is specific to each machine dealer or constructor, I’ll be keen to follow the rules). But that first draft will be extended with the constructor recommendations and my own REX (to an electrical drive Truck like the Komatsu 830E-AC dumper (16V-Engine) for example) Thank you
Cat do a procedure for storage of machines that can also be applied to individual components. If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you a copy.
Ok, can it be found on SIS? is it this one: PEHJ0*** available at http://catoilandgas.cat.com , or is there an update on SIS?
I have a couple of document references for you. REHS5001 (applies to engines), SEHS9031 (applies to all products). Both available in SIS.
Hi, I do not need the whole procedure (general requirement, special instructions on the preparations of engine for storage). I have the steps to follow when the initial operation after storage is performed for my specific engine:Rotate clockwise the engine, periodically etc. Are REHS5001 (applies to engines), SEHS9031 media number? Is it to possible to find them with a customer version of S.I.S?
Both are media numbers. If you do a Media search in SIS-web they should pop up. They do for me.
Ok thanks Nige, Unfortunately I cannot access https://sis.cat.com/ because of a robot.txt for the moment, but I will try later. Just one more question: is there a procedure that explains how to rotate clockwise a 12V and 16V engine, with a timing tool, once the engine is on storage (I am looking for it on S.I.S)? (I only know that I should rotate four time a 12V engine once the timing-tool is inserted).
I was meaning 16V Engine not 12V Engine as written in the previous post